User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 16:21   #51
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: hmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Fencesitting is always the responsibility of the smaller alliance whose members are being illoyal. So if your members fencesit in LCH galaxies, you should deal with it. Not LCH.
Well, very few if any ND members are in LCH galaxies, so I cant see that becoming a problem. If MISTU (for example) was in a huge lead, LCH members in their galaxies would fencesit. Which would be LCH's problem. See my point?

Fencesitters encourage stagnation. 2 alliances teaming up does not.
Unread 13 Oct 2004, 20:19   #52
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

o im not fencesitting cos otherwise the big bad men will cum get me in the nite im doin it as i luv my galm8s so much i wouldn't want 2 upset them no rly

plus i don't wanna help those 2 inactive in my allaince to be in a 1337 gal with a h000ge planet

i'm 1337 so ph33r me lolz

Unread 13 Oct 2004, 20:19   #53
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

with the current planet base it will happen alot that alliances will have many gals with the same sorts of allies in it.

not even 3 k planets :/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 00:34   #54
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Well, very few if any ND members are in LCH galaxies, so I cant see that becoming a problem. If MISTU (for example) was in a huge lead, LCH members in their galaxies would fencesit. Which would be LCH's problem. See my point?

Fencesitters encourage stagnation. 2 alliances teaming up does not.

Yes, and last round showed that fencesitting happens in a round without private galaxies anyway.

Fact is, you'll always have people who 'side' or 'ride along' with the winners. The problem is not in stopping this entirely, but curbing it. Alliances need to take greater control over their members and what they are doing. It's everyones inability to actually enforce a policy of no fencesitting that causes stagnation. If anything, blame the alliances who allow it to happen.
If LCH and Mistu go to war, it'll be up to LCH to make sure their members don't sit it out. If they don't, that's their fault and there is nothing that can be done about it. Although, after the dismal display of loyalties to relevant alliances last round it wouldn't surprise me if it happened all over again.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 00:43   #55
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Yes, and last round showed that fencesitting happens in a round without private galaxies anyway.

Fact is, you'll always have people who 'side' or 'ride along' with the winners. The problem is not in stopping this entirely, but curbing it. Alliances need to take greater control over their members and what they are doing. It's everyones inability to actually enforce a policy of no fencesitting that causes stagnation. If anything, blame the alliances who allow it to happen.
If LCH and Mistu go to war, it'll be up to LCH to make sure their members don't sit it out. If they don't, that's their fault and there is nothing that can be done about it. Although, after the dismal display of loyalties to relevant alliances last round it wouldn't surprise me if it happened all over again.
Nail on the head.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:06   #56
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
well if your mixing with any galaxy out there that has an opening......or strategically placing members in a number of different alliances....that's fencesitting....

if your not doing either of those things, and you are in fact placing them strategically with "friendlies".....thats lying......

it's either one or the other......and you can say "get real" all you like....truth is, Fish's accessment is as REAL as it gets

We are not placing members we allow members to create their own gals and get ppl in they know regardless of alliance.

IMO that is what this game is about, playing with ppl you know and getting to know new ppl along the way.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 17:23   #57
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
We are not placing members we allow members to create their own gals and get ppl in they know regardless of alliance.

IMO that is what this game is about, playing with ppl you know and getting to know new ppl along the way.
Smells distinctly like an excuse for your fencesitters tbh. Fencesitters are the lamest of the lame. Alliances should grow balls and say that members shouldnt be in gals with certain alliances. Like MISTU did with ND. Well done.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 17:25   #58
The_Fish
ND

Quote:

All very valid. However, I would just like to add that those situations do not need to arise if alliances become blocks of 2 anyways. Would mean most gals were consisted of gals from their own 'partnership' and chances of fencesitters on the scale of last round would be minimal.

As a side note, I take it 1up will not stand for any fencesitters this round?
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 17:40   #59
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Smells distinctly like an excuse for your fencesitters tbh. Fencesitters are the lamest of the lame. Alliances should grow balls and say that members shouldnt be in gals with certain alliances. Like MISTU did with ND. Well done.
here here!

Now, lets hope Gate don't try suiciding on me this rd
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 18:05   #60
The_Fish
ND

lets hope Gate logs in tbh!

Havent seen him in weeks
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 18:12   #61
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Don't know what your problem with us is but get a life.
But call us fencesitters if that makes you happy, we know its different.
#multihunters
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 18:31   #62
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
put it this way, we didn`t last round at the stages where LCH had a clear advantage on us with roids/score so..
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 18:32   #63
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
put it this way, we didn`t last round at the stages where LCH had a clear advantage on us with roids/score so..
The advantage they had was nowhere near the advantage that could be had this round, what with that big block to kill you and all.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:10   #64
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
All very valid. However, I would just like to add that those situations do not need to arise if alliances become blocks of 2 anyways. Would mean most gals were consisted of gals from their own 'partnership' and chances of fencesitters on the scale of last round would be minimal.

Fencesitters always arise in every round no matter the political viability of alliances involved. It's all very well for a move to be praised for alliances to ban members from being with eachother, but that isn't balls whatsoever - its simply showing a political intent before the round even begins. It doesn't change a thing - because the only thing that could happen in this dream world of yours is for alliances to all ban one other alliance - anymore and we would be at 5 member galaxies, which is something noone will have done.

What would be more interesting is to find out if any alliances have done proper large scale swap of members, as that will quite obviously signify a block in the process of being built.

As for 1up, we have never tolerated our own members being fencesitters.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:52   #65
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Fencesitters always arise in every round no matter the political viability of alliances involved. It's all very well for a move to be praised for alliances to ban members from being with eachother, but that isn't balls whatsoever - its simply showing a political intent before the round even begins. It doesn't change a thing - because the only thing that could happen in this dream world of yours is for alliances to all ban one other alliance - anymore and we would be at 5 member galaxies, which is something noone will have done.

What would be more interesting is to find out if any alliances have done proper large scale swap of members, as that will quite obviously signify a block in the process of being built.

As for 1up, we have never tolerated our own members being fencesitters.
yea, people can act dumb and naive when a war starts and they dont wanna attack their gal mates' alliances. When they join a private gal (or whatever u wanna call it this round) they should know that they may have to fight the alliance that their gal mates are in. If you go random, you have to accept the same fact.

Fencesitters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 19:09   #66
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
yea, people can act dumb and naive when a war starts and they dont wanna attack their gal mates' alliances. When they join a private gal (or whatever u wanna call it this round) they should know that they may have to fight the alliance that their gal mates are in. If you go random, you have to accept the same fact.

Fencesitters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law
You only post to let pple see your new self designed Avatar

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 00:52   #67
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
You only post to let pple see your new self designed Avatar
which i must complememt you on it is real cool :P
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 01:02   #68
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
which i must complememt you on it is real cool :P
??

it's not like HE made it

Quote:
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 01:50   #69
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
??

it's not like HE made it
rofl, I think my Flash skills are abit better then that thankyou !!!

But I did show Azure the bug in his old one (was even more hidious then the current one)

btw, just incase you wondered, he did not actually MAKE that picture, he took it and edited it

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Oct 2004, 12:37   #70
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
-useless shit-
ofcourse i didnt actually 'make' the ViruS logo

Quote:
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 12:54   #71
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
ofcourse i didnt actually 'make' the ViruS logo
WHATEVER !!!

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Oct 2004, 13:00   #72
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
WHATEVER !!!
Whatever !
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 13:11   #73
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro
LOL!!

thief!!

Quote:
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 13:56   #74
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro

Now that is what I call a "pwn".

Btw AD stinks of boredom.
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 12:27   #75
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Now that is what I call a "pwn".

Btw AD stinks of boredom.
not really, my nick refers to that picture and I never hided to have stolen both the avatar as the nickname from that particular card game

No nick or allmost no avatar isn't a copy because no doubt it has been used someplace else

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Oct 2004, 12:41   #76
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

If members are told to defend certain targets, or attack targets, and fail to do so, they will be assumed spies, kicked and made an example of.

Thats what the command is like, its fast, its effiient and it gets things done.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote