User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 07:44   #1
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all
ND: Any attack ships left?

Just wondering if you guys know how to build attack ships anymore?

No matter whether I go solo, or join a full on galaxy attack, if I hit an ND member I usually have 5-10 defenders, all of whom have fleets built for nothing other then def (5k vanqs, 4k advos, 300 temps and 50 paladin) Are you just here to piss people like me off?

I'm not into politics, nor do I care who we goto war with. I'm here to play, and have fun. Roid and/or be roided. I haveto wonder, whats the point of just sitting there, day after day, not even trying to get bigger, only sending def out and building ships?

Just a rant from some Random n00b.
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 07:55   #2
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: ND: Any attack ships left?

It's logical that if you get incomings from the biggest alliances for weeks in a row you tend to build defence ships....
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 07:58   #3
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Im guessing from what I know of the round that atm targets are hard to come buy, therefore everyone has to try to be a bad target, ie have a low roid count and lots of defence ships.

It seems pretty silly that you would a) excpect everyone else to be playing for your enjoyment and b) bother to post on the forums about it.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:00   #4
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

besides it's not true, i use my ships for both defense and attack... my cathaar fleet is cruiser based for a damn good reason, i'm sure you could figure it out.... other people just like to defend
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:00   #5
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Are you insulting us because we cover your attacks?

Keep it up champ.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:01   #6
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

What a whine.
Ofcourse we defend our members, if we dont we will just get smaller by getting hit.
Logical, maybe not for you, but for me it is....

Just a little tip to you, try Phraktos members, they are easy getting trough on
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:28   #7
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2k
Just wondering if you guys know how to build attack ships anymore?

No matter whether I go solo, or join a full on galaxy attack, if I hit an ND member I usually have 5-10 defenders, all of whom have fleets built for nothing other then def (5k vanqs, 4k advos, 300 temps and 50 paladin) Are you just here to piss people like me off?

I'm not into politics, nor do I care who we goto war with. I'm here to play, and have fun. Roid and/or be roided. I haveto wonder, whats the point of just sitting there, day after day, not even trying to get bigger, only sending def out and building ships?

Just a rant from some Random n00b.
Well just post your coords here n00b abd I'll be happy to show you an attack fleet :P
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:39   #8
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve

first off, our top four defenders are cath and it's not very hard to have a decent cathaar attack fleet that can be used defending.

secondly, we have a good defense team (one i think which is highly underrated) that puts in enough time to make sure the calls aren't only covered, but that they are covered efficiently.

and atm, i am the top defender (as of yesterday, at least) and i don't have your so-called "5k vanqs, 4k advos, 300 temps and 50 paladin" fleet. it's more like 2k vanq, 3500 adv, 1k temp, 800 stals, 300 paladin.

i know the other top cath defenders don't have fleets like you've listed, either (well maybe they have a low number of paladin, i've never really been pasted that info when i ask for defense ships).
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 08:56   #9
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

plz, covering attacks and just sitting on yer arse and defending are 2 different things.

Quote:
Are you insulting us because we cover your attacks?
No, I'm insulting you cuase your doing nothing but defending :P Considering the effort it would take to hit a majority of ND at once, and the minimal returns it would achieve (after all you average 730 roids per planet) this will never happen, so you have a 70 member alliance, just sitting there waiting to def the few lucky souls still worth attacking, or even big enough to get attacked. You don't grow, you don't roid, you don't try basically. It's like 3 soldiers holed up in a pillbox being attacked by Natives, sure they won't get through, but just sitting there your not achieving anything :P

Quote:
It seems pretty silly that you would a) excpect everyone else to be playing for your enjoyment and b) bother to post on the forums about it.
I expect them to play for their own enjoyment, much like I do. I've spent the last 6-7 round on the losing side, and yet I still enjoyed playing the game. Just becuase I'm on the winning side this time, doesn't mean I enjoy it any more or any less. Thats what I meant by my post.

Quote:
What a whine.
Ofcourse we defend our members, if we dont we will just get smaller by getting hit.
Logical, maybe not for you, but for me it is....
Logical that you keep yourself from getting smaller, or that you keep yourself from getting bigger?

Quote:
Well just post your coords here n00b abd I'll be happy to show you an attack fleet :P
1k Imps, 10k eryx and 1k vip doesn't count as an attack fleet :P

My whole point here was to point out how a single alliance has begun doing nothing more then sitting there waiting for incoming. I've seen way too many planets with fleets that are 70% + defensive to know that attacking is no longer a viable option. 1.5 mill xans with 2k FI aren't gonna get very far. Of course I could attack any other alliance that is hostile, and I do. But even if I were to hit, say, WP, I still have a viable chance of getting through. This game is about roiding, and being roided.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:03   #10
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

While I do appreciate your interest in NewDawn - I guess I'm a little confused as to your motives.

You're upset that we defend more than we attack. How kind. Does this bother you because you're concerned about our average member score not being high enough? Would you like to see ND win one for the gipper, so to speak?

Defence is a huge priority for us, as it is for a lot of the similarly sized alliances in todays game. We expend tremendous resources both in-game and out of game in insuring that we can help our members grow.

What you see from a cushy dominant armchair may be a bunch of fleets tailor-made to defending against the evil of FPM, but from the hypothetical 'trenches' - you dont see our nightly raids, our somewhat regular cooperation with other alliances being battered down from above to take out planets that take our roids and fleets, and the fantastic effort put forth by both our command team and our members to keep our planets intact.

Sitting on our arse may be the easiest way out of this mess - but when there are regularly 2-3 attack rooms open against top 50 gals, thats a good benchmark for our success.

You're welcome to join the attack channels and see for yourself.

Much love,

Barrow
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:03   #11
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

I can vouch for the ND raids. I have attacked with ND on a number of occasions while pack refused to hit MPF targets. They didn't just hit pissant gals either. One of these attacks contribute to the lowest point of the round for when through on a phraktos player only to be covered by some scumbag pack member defending him in gal and refusing to recall.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:10   #12
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
just sitting there waiting to def the few lucky souls still worth attacking.

i beg to differ, it's not a "few lucky souls" attacking ND/day, i see the number of calls that come in and it's far from "a few"

Quote:
You don't grow, you don't roid, you don't try basically.
we don't try? considering we're fifth in average score, we must be growing somewhat

Quote:
but just sitting there your not achieving anything
anyone with half a brain knows we lost the war. but to be so bold as to say we are not achieving anything? we're not getting walked on. you even whine yourself that you aren't getting through. at least we are achieving what we need to do: keeping our planets stable and not allowing them to get crushed.

Quote:
I expect them to play for their own enjoyment, much like I do.
as hard as it is for you to imagine, there are people who get their enjoyment from defending. i'm one of them. you can ask Rumad or Kal or Korenchkin or Marinho or Barrow or anyone I've ever played for... defending is what i like to do and therefore i do it often... they all know that. there are other people in ND who are defense-oriented too, it's what we like. i actually have more fun seeing fairly big enemy cruiser fleets destroyed for minimal roid gain than gaining roids of my own. somehow, that's flameworthy though.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:10   #13
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygercub
first off, our top four defenders are cath and it's not very hard to have a decent cathaar attack fleet that can be used defending.

secondly, we have a good defense team (one i think which is highly underrated) that puts in enough time to make sure the calls aren't only covered, but that they are covered efficiently.

and atm, i am the top defender (as of yesterday, at least) and i don't have your so-called "5k vanqs, 4k advos, 300 temps and 50 paladin" fleet. it's more like 2k vanq, 3500 adv, 1k temp, 800 stals, 300 paladin.

i know the other top cath defenders don't have fleets like you've listed, either (well maybe they have a low number of paladin, i've never really been pasted that info when i ask for defense ships).
not enough paladins imo or vanqs to be an attack fleet - and yes i'm bored enough to bother replying

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:14   #14
tygercub
apathetic

it's not hard to pick up roids from a zik or cath with my temps and paladins, been doing it all round.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:17   #15
tygercub
apathetic

a novel thought: instead of bashing ND for being good at defending, why not swallow your pride and admit that the members and commanders do a decent job at coming together to protect each other? it's so easy to be negative, so hard for you guys to break down and actually give anyone something remotely resembling a compliment.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:18   #16
Recluse

Quote:
800 stals is mass anti-FI, rarely used for attacking. Mine have actually been used 2 times for an attack fleet. If I attack a Xan, it usually means sending FI/FR/CR/BS to freeze their entire fleet, or just CR if they have a shitty fleet :P Ziks rarely cuase a problem as not alot of Daggers are really floating around. cath/terran you don't need stals for, after all how many people have 6k revenant? (Oh yeah, my ND defender did...) Vanqs/Advos are also def ships, so that leaves are also mainly def ships. so that leaves 1k temp and 300 paladin for main attack fleet. 34% of your fleet is main stream attack. Thus my point of this post.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:24   #17
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
800 stals is mass anti-FI, rarely used for attacking. Mine have actually been used 2 times for an attack fleet. If I attack a Xan, it usually means sending FI/FR/CR/BS to freeze their entire fleet, or just CR if they have a shitty fleet :P Ziks rarely cuase a problem as not alot of Daggers are really floating around. cath/terran you don't need stals for, after all how many people have 6k revenant? (Oh yeah, my ND defender did...) Vanqs/Advos are also def ships, so that leaves are also mainly def ships. so that leaves 1k temp and 300 paladin for main attack fleet. 34% of your fleet is main stream attack. Thus my point of this post.
Instead of moaning like a bitch (here come those fang incomings again) about getting def on little planets - why not start trying to have a half decent war and attacking some of those fat mpf planets with fk all anti CR?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:26   #18
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

I sincerely apologize for wasting resources on ships that will help my friends that play Planetarion. If I had known that assisting them with their planets would put you in such an uncomfortable position and force you to degrade us - I never would have built stalwarts.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:27   #19
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
800 stals is mass anti-FI, rarely used for attacking.
i've used mine for attacking, maybe 200 at a time, but yes, they are used primarily for defense.

Quote:
Vanqs/Advos are also def ships
not according to Kal, who pointed out that i don't have enough vanquishes in an effective attack fleet

Quote:
so that leaves 1k temp and 300 paladin for main attack fleet. 34% of your fleet is main stream attack.
the ND rule is to always have 33% of your fleet home for defense, as i said, i play the defensive game... and clearly, that's why my attack fleet percentage is exactly opposite.

Quote:
thus my point of this post.
frankly i don't see a point, other than being pizzed off that you can't get through on us... we aren't farms.

i'm curious to see if you ever flamed people for having PDS... after all, they were concerned about the safety of their own planets enough to build them. ND was put on the defensive because of politics, it's only natural we have adequate defense fleets.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:28   #20
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I sincerely apologize for wasting resources on ships that will help my friends that play Planetarion. If I had known that assisting them with their planets would put you in such an uncomfortable position and force you to degrade us - I never would have built stalwarts.
You are, without doubt, my #2 hero - right after Zhil.

Quote:
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:32   #21
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
DOes that mean I can have an approved retal on you for being so inconsiderate?

:gollum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
You are, without doubt, my #2 hero - right after Zhil.
I am gonan as for fury permission to retal you. Prepare to lose roids :[

/me passes his claim to ish
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:32   #22
Recluse

LOL I knew this would turn into something it shouldn't. Someone just delete this topic ffs.

You all treat me like I'm part of the "Evil FPM" block and that I know nothing but "Evil FPM" stuff. Even you, tyger, should know from a round or 2 ago, I wasn't always in a winning alliance. For 1, I just joined Fang 2/3 way through last round. For 2-3 rounds before that I was NoS. I KNOW what it's like to haveto defend every night, many incomings. I KNOW what it's like to be beaten by the larger alliance. And yet I still saw fleets tailored to attacking, becuase as an alliance, we weren't content to just sit there and cover our planets and "stabalize" them. This game is not about "stabalizing" or we'd all just init roids and attack for no reason other then to see pretty colors.

yes, ND obviously has a good def team. So do many other alliances. Thats not what I'm making a point about tho. It's not about your skills in using ships, it's about the ships your using your skills on.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:35   #23
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
it's not hard to pick up roids from a zik or cath with my temps and paladins, been doing it all round.
but not xans..... everyone should be able to hit teh evil xans its the only way we will wipe them from the face of the universe

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:35   #24
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
You all treat me like I'm part of the "Evil FPM" block ......
You don't think you are fitting nicely into the sterotype by coming on here bleating that the little planets you're bashing are getting defence?

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

Quote:
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:36   #25
tygercub
apathetic

fair point to consider:

4:30 am for me... slightly earlier for Barrow. you have two ND HC active at this time of the day... and unlike some alliances, our HC aren't "too good" to sort defense. both of us are dedicated to ND, to helping our friends. plus we have a fair number of DCs active right now... and many members are up and about. we are all commited to helping each other, that's what makes New Dawn "New Dawn"

as you've heard, ND is a community. we fight together and EVERYONE defends or they risk their membership. it may be right, it may be wrong, but our biggest members are expected to defend... just as our smallest are. no one is "special" and no one gets out of their responsibility to send defense or be online to help the alliance.

unlike NoS, who i played for last round, attack points are not compiled... however, defense points are recorded. maybe people just want to have fun trying to be the number one defender, who knows?
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:38   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

I have to say I semi agree with Strider - It is my opinion that you haven;t lost a fight until you sit back and only defend. If all of you forgot about your own roids just think about what you could do - by letting the enemy land you can take your pick of people to try to fleet catch. If you all organised yousrlesves better I think you could kill anyone of the winning alliances one planet at a time - but maybe I live in a dream world.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:39   #27
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough

i'd just like to say, you can quite easily use stals for attacking (xans ofc). But u need to kinda taylor your fleet for it, i.e. get a load of vanqs to protect ur cr, and then a load of vang to protect the vanqs from nas, and use advo's to take care of any imps, tho ofc attacking xan is hit-and-miss as to how many u'll need of each
R4: Seal left to ReCon then TRT (ReBorn)
R5-8: Don't remember exact order, but, ReBorn, Silver, Legends
R9: Didn't Play
R9.5-11: FAnG Defence Genius & later HC
R12: LCH Defence Genius
R13 and beyond: Angels Genius
BeeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:40   #28
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Quote:
yes, ND obviously has a good def team. So do many other alliances. Thats not what I'm making a point about tho. It's not about your skills in using ships, it's about the ships your using your skills on.
Let's get back on topic and turn the tables. You are NewDawn military HC. You can expect anywhere between 25 to 50 incoming fleets per night, with approximately 50 members in the private channel.

What do you do?

We've struck a balance that provides our members nightly opportunities to both strike back at planets that have been hostile to our members, while still managing to drive back a significant majority of the fleets that launch on us.

If you believe NewDawn would be better served by switching our priorities around, then I'd honestly like to hear what you have to suggest. Sincerely.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:41   #29
Recluse

Quote:
You don't think you are fitting nicely into the sterotype by coming on here bleating that the little planets you're bashing are getting defence?

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?
Who said I was attacking small planets?

Tyger: NoS compiled both attack and defense points. Top 20 in either catagory was an accomplishment, and seen as equal benefit to the alliance.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:42   #30
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I have to say I semi agree with Strider - It is my opinion that you haven;t lost a fight until you sit back and only defend. If all of you forgot about your own roids just think about what you could do - by letting the enemy land you can take your pick of people to try to fleet catch. If you all organised yousrlesves better I think you could kill anyone of the winning alliances one planet at a time - but maybe I live in a dream world.

no one ever said we weren't attacking

in fact, if you are looking at roid numbers on the alliance page, they may be the same or slightly lower. why? in the past six hours i have kicked members who haven't been on irc in the past week. ofc we lost roids, but it's not like we've ever been concerned about numbers... we're concerned about having fun.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:43   #31
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
fleet catching is vastly important.

Round 7 all alliances had a shared channel after FAnG was dropped. Even if an alliance couldnt take a gal on there own they should be assisting those that ca by sharing targets.

If there is anothr war it could be beneficial for all alliances to not lose touch or heart.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:45   #32
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Who said I was attacking small planets?

Tyger: NoS compiled both attack and defense points. Top 20 in either catagory was an accomplishment, and seen as equal benefit to the alliance.
Those ND planet in the top 10 must be shitting bricks then.

Quote:
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:48   #33
tygercub
apathetic

just another quick note:

i've been around during peak attack hours and called for defense non-stop. i've had members pm me and say "i will cancel my attack if you can use these ships" and then paste me their attack ships.

no one in ND forces them to do that. no one asks. members do it on their own because they don't like to see their mate lose 20 structures to FMP.

if we weren't getting pummeled with 100 champions on every cath attack, maybe our members would say "screw it, i'll run and roid" but, as it stands, we have a constant onslaught of structure-killing ships that need to be defended against.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:50   #34
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

(I had 700 champs two nights ago.)

Put simply - the goal of NewDawn is to provide an excellent playing atmosphere for our members. As many of you know, its tough to play the whole experience of Planetarion if you dont have any ships, hence, we do our best to protect the ships of our members.

We're like a sweater. Tight-knit. roar.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:54   #35
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
no one ever said we weren't attacking

in fact, if you are looking at roid numbers on the alliance page, they may be the same or slightly lower. why? in the past six hours i have kicked members who haven't been on irc in the past week. ofc we lost roids, but it's not like we've ever been concerned about numbers... we're concerned about having fun.

how does that answer have anything to do with wether u r or r not attacking....

just to spice things up a bit and cuase some nice flaming of me - I will blame all NDs problems on you

The day you are became an alliance HC, especially of an alliance I used to have respect for, was a very sad day in the life of pa.

But then its no just you, I coudl probably say the same about far to many people - people running modern alliances are all boring and hate fighting.

I;m going to sterotype here but - for example ND only defend - wheres the fun in that. FPM only do boring repetitive attacks - wheres the fun in that.

I'm willing to guess that the only people having any fun are thoose so small that none of the top 10 alliances can hit them - that way they can ahve their own little wars and battles.

This round is sorely lacking in clever military tactics as well as clever politics - which is a shame as the game itself is a big improvement on last round for a lot of players.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:56   #36
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

That post is both offensive and unfounded. The loss of respect has now gone full-circle.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 09:59   #37
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
That post is both offensive and unfounded. The loss of respect has now gone full-circle.
does that mean i had in once \o/

and which bits are unfounded?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:01   #38
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
The day you are became an alliance HC, especially of an alliance I used to have respect for, was a very sad day in the life of pa.
Kal, sorry to say, but your flaming isn't going to get to me... I don't have a self-esteem problem big enough to let some punk in the UK make me feel bad about myself.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:01   #39
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

In FoS I thought you were a talented and eloquent battlecommander.

You just completely misjudged both my alliance and my friend with no supporting facts whatsoever, with the intent to damage the reputations of both parties. There's no place for that here.

(Edit: and i'll be the first to say I misjudged you.)
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:02   #40
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
FPM only do boring repetitive attacks - wheres the fun in that.

This round is sorely lacking in clever military tactics as well as clever politics - which is a shame as the game itself is a big improvement on last round for a lot of players.
I'm getting to like you more every day. Smacked the nail right on the head. Also, include WP int he naff attack bit.

Quote:
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:04   #41
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I would have to some what agree here, but some is due to the limitations forced by the game mechanics (especially on the FPM side) even though I would love to fart on some of the ppl in phraktos I would consider to be crap (not o say all the memebers are crap).

As for te others - they should all be supporting each other and getting the active members working together. If ND are online s much it doesn't take much organising to have people ready to flet catch those that are mos agressive against you and would add fun for both sides and massive over attacks on top planets always possible and will beat sittinga round waiting for the ticks
Proud to be Independent
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:04   #42
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Kal, sorry to say, but your flaming isn't going to get to me... I don't have a self-esteem problem big enough to let some punk in the UK make me feel bad about myself.
good for you, it wasn't meant to get to you, its just my opinion.

What all alliances really need is hirrs BC team from last round - they are crazy and ingenious

shame only one of them is still playing to my knowledge - but guess where he ended up - Vision - and which alliance gave the strongest fight to FPM - VIsion.

hirr rule

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:12   #43
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
it's a shame you can't supply any reasoning, just a blanket statement for someone that opposed your selfishness in NoS and resigned to play for an alliance that had a strong selfless community

i've never used my "title" for any political maneuvering or sway, i don't even op myself in the public channel. i don't boss people around and i stay out of external affairs. so your judgement is ill-founded, to say the least, considering i have had absolutely no contact with you outside #support since i left NoS

or maybe you are just pissed off at me for letting support know that it was, indeed, you... using the bug to your advantage under the premise of "testing it out." after all, your pm wednesday did question why i turned you in.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:22   #44
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
I;m going to sterotype here but - for example ND only defend - wheres the fun in that. FPM only do boring repetitive attacks - wheres the fun in that.
Who said we never attack? Our roid count is rising, slowly. The reason for that, is because FPM keep hitting us. And repetitively. I am quite inactive this round, I have a full time job, with no internet access. Yet the few times Barrow has rung me to send def or attack, everyone is balancing attacking and defending. Whether YOU think we are doing enough attacking or not has no relevance to anything. The way we are playing is obviously succeeding. Look at FYTFO above us. 19 more members, 4k more roids. LOWER THAN OUR AVERAGE ROID COUNT. How did we get these roids? We got them from attacking. We still attack. We defend more than we attack.

Is it so hard to believe and so wrong, that an alliance in 7th place can wish to defend against masses of incs? This isnt a change for ND, nor should respect be lost. I have always aimed to piss people off when I play this game. There is no way I can do this by attacking FPM at the minute, I've tried, apart from one lucky attack (ta for the 150 roids Barrow ) they are covered instantly. Even my gal mates thank me for the def point. So the only way, is to defend. We still attack, but FPM is a total of 800m. We are 125m. You do the math. I think we are doing a damn good job to be 5th in average score, when we never try to win.

Instead of moaning at us, why not moan at Ely? As #1 in the alliance rankings last round, they are barely top 10 this round. I'm sure they gave up the fight long ago. We are still here.

Quote:
I was tempted to be quite offensive to this. But Barrow said it better. All I'll say is that tyger has done more for ND in the short time she has been here, than a lot of members do in the ND time
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:23   #45
Ichindur

Ichindur is an unknown quantity at this point

Well as a reply 2 strider i can warmly tell you that I (being one of NDs top10 defenders) atm have 2 outgoing attack fleets and one defence fleet. as of late it've been alot of defencing from my part but that've been due 2 me having 2 research forth more roid mining.

I have also been participating in as many attacks as I've been able 2. That've been atleast 1 every 2 days when I've been able 2 grow in roidcount and use them. But more often than not i've been defended against. We are all defended against even FPM cover their attackers don't they?

And for the reckord a xan can roid efficiantly w/ low FI count ... i have done it sevveral times and so have ND top player ... it's all about trying 2 fool the defenders into thinking you're sending something you aren't.

Regards
// Ichindur
Ichindur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:27   #46
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
it's a shame you can't supply any reasoning, just a blanket statement for someone that opposed your selfishness in NoS and resigned to play for an alliance that had a strong selfless community

i've never used my "title" for any political maneuvering or sway, i don't even op myself in the public channel. i don't boss people around and i stay out of external affairs. so your judgement is ill-founded, to say the least, considering i have had absolutely no contact with you outside #support since i left NoS

or maybe you are just pissed off at me for letting support know that it was, indeed, you... using the bug to your advantage under the premise of "testing it out." after all, your pm wednesday did question why i turned you in.
rofl

a) i don't want to give my reasons here becuase they are largely personal
b) I orignially named all my fleets the same in order to track down something on a support case - i then forgot about it due to exams, when you reported the bug to me it reminded me and I reported it to pa team - it is fixed for round 11. Although I do in fact have to say I am still abusing a bug!!! one of my fleet names only has 2 letters in it \o/ for anyone who cares my fleet names are : Phil is mean Anyway I never abused the fleet names all being the same by that I mena I never attacked anyone with 2 equally sized fleets, or used it for fake defence etc. I just thought it looked nicer having them all the same Anyway I changed them as soon as I was asked to, hence my new fleet names

Anyway I think your above posts shows why i ahve no respect for you. You just did exaclty what you did in NoS which nearly killed NoS - you took private conversations and turned them into a public debate.

Anyway back to exam revision

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:29   #47
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin1955

Pure comedy heheheheheheh
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:29   #48
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Who said we never attack? Our roid count is rising, slowly. The reason for that, is because FPM keep hitting us. And repetitively. I am quite inactive this round, I have a full time job, with no internet access. Yet the few times Barrow has rung me to send def or attack, everyone is balancing attacking and defending. Whether YOU think we are doing enough attacking or not has no relevance to anything. The way we are playing is obviously succeeding. Look at FYTFO above us. 19 more members, 4k more roids. LOWER THAN OUR AVERAGE ROID COUNT. How did we get these roids? We got them from attacking. We still attack. We defend more than we attack.

Is it so hard to believe and so wrong, that an alliance in 7th place can wish to defend against masses of incs? This isnt a change for ND, nor should respect be lost. I have always aimed to piss people off when I play this game. There is no way I can do this by attacking FPM at the minute, I've tried, apart from one lucky attack (ta for the 150 roids Barrow ) they are covered instantly. Even my gal mates thank me for the def point. So the only way, is to defend. We still attack, but FPM is a total of 800m. We are 125m. You do the math. I think we are doing a damn good job to be 5th in average score, when we never try to win.

Instead of moaning at us, why not moan at Ely? As #1 in the alliance rankings last round, they are barely top 10 this round. I'm sure they gave up the fight long ago. We are still here.

I was tempted to be quite offensive to this. But Barrow said it better. All I'll say is that tyger has done more for ND in the short time she has been here, than a lot of members do in the ND time

I didnl;t say u never attacked - i said I was sterotyping - you were mearly an example in that case.

And yes I am sure tyger can do a lot of good, just after my experiance with her in NoS I would personalyl enever even give her an officer position - but if it all works for you guys in ND, then i'm happy for you. Maybe I shoudl ahve prhased it as "a sad day in my pa life" rather than in pa life in general

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:31   #49
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

maybe you should keep your nose out. ****.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:35   #50
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
maybe you should keep your nose out. ****.
I did say I was bored - people shouldn't take AD so seriously

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???