User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 May 2003, 22:12   #1
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Bbc

I work for directory enquiries, and tonight I've had at least 2 dozen calls for BBC complaints, and apparently people want to complain about some new BBC advert or something. Has anyone seen it? I dunno what its like, but apparently its pretty bad
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 22:13   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Is it the one where they kick that old man in the head until he goes blind to advertise BBC Three?

Love that one.
Unread 27 May 2003, 22:14   #3
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Is it the one where they kick that old man in the head until he goes blind to advertise BBC Three?

Love that one.

Please say you're not joking. That woudl be class!
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:37   #4
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
There's one where this woman is hanging onto the edge of a cliff by her fingertips, shouting for help, while a couple sit right in front of her, eating biscuits and drinking tea, watching and just generally not being bothered with her, right before she falls. It's an advert for BBC Three I think.
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:39   #5
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Anybody else want to seek out and destroy whoever conceived of that 'Scuzz' advert on Sky?

Not only did they create that abomination, but some wank****face gave them the go-ahead to make a second...
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:42   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Anybody else want to seek out and destroy whoever conceived of that 'Scuzz' advert on Sky?

Not only did they create that abomination, but some wank****face gave them the go-ahead to make a second...

that thing rocks
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:43   #7
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
that thing rocks
TIMEWASTERERER

Go eat your ill-gotten liquorice.
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:45   #8
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
TIMEWASTERERER

Go eat your ill-gotten liquorice.

'the fist of fury'
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:52   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
'the fist of fury'
I'll fist... wait
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:56   #10
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
There's one where this woman is hanging onto the edge of a cliff by her fingertips, shouting for help, while a couple sit right in front of her, eating biscuits and drinking tea, watching and just generally not being bothered with her, right before she falls. It's an advert for BBC Three I think.
It said BBC 1 at the end... i think
Unread 28 May 2003, 00:22   #11
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Maybe people are just realising that the BBC has been stealing their money, and then not actually caring about their viewers.
They replaced Hunt For Red October with some documentry about some stupid kid who got herself killed.
They replaced Tron with the Popes Easter message
They repaced Star Trek\Buffy the Vampire Slayer with tennis, snooker, darts, 40yr old repeats of Top of the Pops, Treasure Hunt, and The Second Persian Gulf War.(I'm not complaining about the last one, the special effects were better)
They insist on churning out crap like Generic Makeover Show #186, as opposed to showing decent stuff which they made when they still cared about their viewers. I doubt I am alone in prefering Monty Python to Fame Acadamy.
The BBC should be disbanded, and David Dickinson should be executed for being conman who beats up old ladies and steals their valuable antiquities.(he is a convicted conman, the rest may or may not be true)

[/rant]
Unread 28 May 2003, 00:33   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Maybe people are just realising that the BBC has been stealing their money, and then not actually caring about their viewers.
They replaced Hunt For Red October with some documentry about some stupid kid who got herself killed.
They replaced Tron with the Popes Easter message
They repaced Star Trek\Buffy the Vampire Slayer with tennis, snooker, darts, 40yr old repeats of Top of the Pops, Treasure Hunt, and The Second Persian Gulf War.(I'm not complaining about the last one, the special effects were better)
They insist on churning out crap like Generic Makeover Show #186, as opposed to showing decent stuff which they made when they still cared about their viewers. I doubt I am alone in prefering Monty Python to Fame Acadamy.
The BBC should be disbanded, and David Dickinson should be executed for being conman who beats up old ladies and steals their valuable antiquities.(he is a convicted conman, the rest may or may not be true)

[/rant]
TOTP2 Snooker and darts have always been staples of the beeb. Buffy etc were not replaced. Treasure hunt was a successful idea then, and still a good watch now

Also, as far as Fame Academy goes, it was a lot better than people were willing to give credit for. If you dont like reality tv shows, thats fine, ok, but as far as that genre of TV goes, it was an excellent program.

PS is DD really a convict, or was his mother just australian, or are you just bitter?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 00:42   #13
poshphil
Little Bitch

I disagree with them removing the Simpson's for anything.

ESPECIALLY TENNIS.
Unread 28 May 2003, 00:45   #14
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The way I see it if a program isn't shown when it's supposed to be, then it's been replaced. Perhaps "preempted" would be a better word to use, but it means essentially the same thing.
And yes, the much loved David Dickinson is convicted criminal. I can't remember what he did exactly, but it involved deception of some kind.
Unread 28 May 2003, 02:33   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
hes only deceptive about the colour of his skin

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 08:29   #16
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
I doubt I am alone in prefering Monty Python to Fame Acadamy.
TV is now populated by pretty young things who want the limelight, rather than not so pretty Oxbridge/other top university students with brains and wit.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 17:42   #17
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
if i wasnt so lazy id complain about the indian dancing advert, like why the hell do we need to see that, infact why does bbc 1 need adverts for bbc1 like your already watching it.

also jasper carrot and that bird from ggm series was **** cant remember what it was called
Unread 28 May 2003, 18:06   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

The problem with the terrestrial BBC is that it increasingly tries to please everybody who is too poor to have Cable or Digital, and in doing so, pleases nobody.

Oh, and they haven't made a decent sitcom in about 5 years. Probably longer.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 18:10   #19
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
I saw that one, I was like, That's just gay and doesn't make me watch bbc anymore than I was planning to. ffs ****ing **** ****ing wanking twating ****ed up ****. ffs.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 18:33   #20
poshphil
Little Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Oh, and they haven't made a decent sitcom in about 5 years. Probably longer.
My family has its moments.
Unread 28 May 2003, 18:35   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
My family has its moments.
My girlfriend says this, but I refuse to believe her.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 18:39   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The good stuff is on channel 4.

The reason being that before the BBC was the home of 'alternative' stuff, like Monty Python, however they've recently (read: since John Birt became DG [dyke hasn't changed a thing]) they've been in a dumbing down war with ITV, so all the good stuff goes on C4.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote