User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 May 2003, 05:38   #1
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
Alot of brittish towns ends with 'ham'..

.. like Birmingham etc.

Why this obsession with meat?
Unread 1 May 2003, 07:39   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
The suffix 'ham' is Old-English for homestead or small cluster of housing, which is probably what Birmingham, Oldham, Nottingham etc. started out as.
Unread 1 May 2003, 08:27   #3
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
We're just big boned, honest
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 09:52   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
The suffix 'ham' is Old-English for homestead or small cluster of housing, which is probably what Birmingham, Oldham, Nottingham etc. started out as.
"hamlet" maybe?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 09:54   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
the -ham ending is a common Anglo-Saxon suffix meaning a 'homestead', and later a 'village, manor or estate'.
As apothos said...
Unread 1 May 2003, 11:57   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
Nottingham
Nottingham originated from when a small clan of anglo-saxons, called the snots, settled at the thinnest point of the river trent at the edge of the large forest covering Mercia, It was originally called Snottingham but lost the S through time.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 12:25   #7
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Ste
It was originally called Snottingham but lost the S through time.
How fortunate!

I'm from Widnes, the widest part of the river in that area. How original.

London is one of the few places in the UK which has no etymology.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 13:43   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
The origin of Wilmslow's name is open to dispute. The most common claim says it is named after the burial place of William de Bolyn as 'low' is a term for a burial site.

Another popular theory says Wilmslow was originally termed Le Bolyn due to its proximity to the River Bollin.
How interesting.....

There is a Wirm's Hill, next to the river. My own theory (this may or may not be shared by "experts") is that "Wirm's Low" would have referred to the bottom of the hill, where the town is now, and that the r changed into an l somewhere along the way.
If that interests anyone, seek help now.
Unread 1 May 2003, 21:41   #9
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in Oldham
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 21:46   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Durham!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 21:47   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Rotherham is
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 22:01   #12
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Its beacause they are obsessed whit men on men, and try to hide it, but they cant stop thinking about it, so they try to be clever and hide it from the rest of the world.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:17   #13
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
Birmingham in rough Anglo Saxon is "The hamlet of the people of Byrmh"
Byrmh is such a class name, so why change it to Gayham?

people are indeed filled with poor taste!
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:20   #14
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by LISELOTTE
Byrmh is such a class name, so why change it to Gayham?

people are indeed filled with poor taste!
and gay men are filled with other gay men.
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:41   #15
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
A fair amount of areas in London also have "ham" somewhere in the name.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:43   #16
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Luckeh!!!!
A fair amount of areas in London also have "ham" somewhere in the name.
would that be the Jewish bits?
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:44   #17
Punk

Punk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alot of brittish towns ends with 'ham'..

Quote:
Originally posted by LISELOTTE
.. like Birmingham etc.

Why this obsession with meat?
why this obsession with creating useless threads, shouldnt you be shaving your facial hair or something ?
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:51   #18
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

Re: Re: Alot of brittish towns ends with 'ham'..

Quote:
Originally posted by Punk
why this obsession with creating useless threads, shouldnt you be shaving your facial hair or something ?
oh just wait... im just DYING to tell you about me shaving my balls yesterday!
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:56   #19
Punk

I shaved my ass, balls and general area around 2 days ago, and I made a ace triangle just above the penis
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:57   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Punk
I shaved my ass, balls and general area around 2 days ago, and I made a ace triangle just above the penis
Don't make me get the banning stick!
Unread 2 May 2003, 01:58   #21
Punk

I owe you for the flowers!

or was that vampy..

anyhow, I'll be nice!

no more discussing shaving sun never shine area
Unread 2 May 2003, 02:00   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

If anyone claims to remember any of what happened, I say they weren't there!

Or at least not engaging in substance abuse.

There's a lot of similarity between those two.
Unread 2 May 2003, 02:02   #23
Punk

yes ok ok-..
but anyhow

what smartguy made PiaZava a mod..

I am much more qualified for that job!
Unread 2 May 2003, 02:03   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I didn't know that Pia actually did anything except sit there and look moderatorish.
Unread 2 May 2003, 02:06   #25
Punk

ok

say hi from me and inform him that he's quite stupid

you may use harsh words
Unread 2 May 2003, 05:47   #26
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
I like ham.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote