User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:11   #1
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Dear F-Crew

On behalf of Rock's high command we would like to thank you for your participation in the war ,
at this point in time we are formally announcing our cessation of hostilitys towards yourselves and thank you for taking part

We declared this war for fun on behalf of our members and we have enjoyed it immensly

Gzambo
Rock HC
On behalf of Rock Command

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:14   #2
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all
Re: Dear F-Crew

Any neat brps?
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:17   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How delightful for you. I wonder if F-Crew will feel similarly inclined now that you've had enough
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:24   #4
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

The war will never end.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:27   #5
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

At some point one side or other has to express such intent, furball Thank you f-crew, you have been good sports and we hope you had fun too, was a bit different from the normal round. No hard feelings intended at any point from start to finish of course. Played, gl with the rest of this round and next
Unread 21 May 2006, 23:32   #6
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point

Was fun for a while.
But the last days the war kinda died by itself. So time to go back to attacking roid-fat galaxies again

The story of our war can partly be found here, but statistics isn't all in a war
Unread 22 May 2006, 00:38   #7
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Like you ever really target F-crew? I have seen ROCK dropping by quite often during this war and no, we have no F-crew. We do have roids.
Unread 22 May 2006, 00:40   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg
Like you ever really target F-crew? I have seen ROCK dropping by quite often during this war and no, we have no F-crew. We do have roids.
you forgot to mention that ppl left rock during the war (including 3 of our biggest planets poached by nd and others)
and as ur well aware every coin has 2 sides

-Rommel
Unread 22 May 2006, 01:22   #9
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
you forgot to mention that ppl left rock during the war (including 3 of our biggest planets poached by nd and others)
If you have any proofs of that I suggest you come to my pm box.

Since after what I know we haven't recruited anyone for a while.
Unread 22 May 2006, 01:54   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

So, peace with F-Crew, does this mean you will stop hitting me ROCK?

Unread 22 May 2006, 02:09   #11
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire

Har Har Har, come on Sprit we know you are a poacher
Unread 22 May 2006, 07:13   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire

i wouldnt have said it without proof but to keep u happy i'll pm the co-ords

-Rommel
Unread 22 May 2006, 14:53   #13
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
On the 2 sides to every coin thing, perhaps you should also take into account the following
  • We also lost our biggest member plus one not far behind. Ontop of that we also lost 2 BC's
  • We are above the 70 Limit. Our total score and total roids hence ignores anyone above member 70 and with most of our applicants being fairly small adding them rarely adds anything to out total score unlike yourselves (but until Appoc finally fixes it, it does drop our average as Appoc's maths degree hasnt taught him that dividing a combined score/roid of 70 people and then dividing it by the total members doesnt give you the average as it treats those above 70 as having ZERO score/roids)

Overall its like the old saying about decisions in football, over the period of time they even themselves out. Your gain with some things, lose out on others and then at the end of the day unless something extream happens both sides will have gained no advantage due to these events.

On the poaching issue thoough, your just going to have to get used to it. Players are ambitious and when someone waves a good offer in front of them they will normally take it up. Its a sad fact and something which annoys me personally, especially when the people are only looking for a new alliance for next round but are told to screw over the alliance that took the chance on them and leave now else lose their place for next round BUT most other alliances think its fine to do and unless we can somehow get them all to be in the same boat at some point its never going to change

The funny thing is these very alliances moan when suddenly at the end of the round they get mass ship jumping changing the outcome of their round, but here they are promoting it. Perhaps if alliances tried pushing loyalty more and gave these player a guarenteed place without making them ship jump we might have a playerbase that was more loyal
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 22 May 2006, 14:55   #14
|Md
The King of Smilies

|Md is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry to say that poaching might be a slight exaggeration.

One day a couple of weeks ago the Rock member in question pmed me and said he probably wanted a new alliance next round, maybe sooner. I said that we could do the interview now then, and he could decide when he wanted to join later. A couple of days later when i pmed him and said that his application had been accepted he said that he would need a day or so to think about it since you had just gone to war, but next day he said that he didn't want to wait until next round.

As far as i know, noone in ND had tried to get him to leave Rock, and certainly didn't put any pressure on him to leave in the middle of a war.

(posted just for clarification reasons)

. : Soaring where Angels fear to fly : .

Proud to have been [Insomnia]
Unread 22 May 2006, 17:47   #15
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Md

One day a couple of weeks ago the Rock member in question pmed me and said he probably wanted a new alliance next round, maybe sooner. I said that we could do the interview now then, and he could decide when he wanted to join later. A couple of days later when i pmed him and said that his application had been accepted he said that he would need a day or so to think about it since you had just gone to war, but next day he said that he didn't want to wait until next round.

As far as i know, noone in ND had tried to get him to leave Rock, and certainly didn't put any pressure on him to leave in the middle of a war.

(xx:x:x) has been decided to leave the alliance. This is an automated mail to ensure you are aware of their departure. They provided the following reason:

I received an offer yesterday from one of the high-ranked strong alliances to join them, and have thought it over, and decided that although I love playing with ROCK, I am too competative by nature to turn down this offer. If they're no fun to play with though, who knows, maybe i'll come crawling back to ROCK

Best of luck with the war! I'll be right around the corner if you need any help

^^
his quit message
Posted for clarification reasons
so now it seems either you are lying or he is lying
i await your answer with anticipation

-Rommel
Unread 22 May 2006, 18:08   #16
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

I think it's probably just a misunderstanding of what he meant tbh. The "yesterday" was when he was accepted into ND. He had talked to us and had his interview at least a day before that. As Md said he left it a day after we accepted because he wasn't sure about leaving when you had just started a war.

I can understand why you may have thought what you did but I hope you can see that all it is was is a misunderstanding of what he said.
Unread 22 May 2006, 18:53   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

^^
his quit message
Posted for clarification reasons
so now it seems either you are lying or he is lying
i await your answer with anticipation
Well, that DOES look like a poaching tbh.
Send 10-12 waves of incs on him to take back the roids he gained while at you. that's what i would have done tbh.
Unread 22 May 2006, 19:50   #18
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Md

That shows pretty clear that it wasn't Poaching.

He came to us, we interview and told him he was clear to join if he wanted.

He made up his mind in 1 day and left rock.
Unread 22 May 2006, 21:01   #19
|Md
The King of Smilies

|Md is on a distinguished road

<*Censored*> yeah, i'm thinking it's very likely i'll want a new alliance next round, and possibly sooner
<*Censored*> current one is great fun, but would like something a bit more organized

<*Censored*> bah i was all set to make the switch and then they went to war...i hate to be that guy, but do you mind if i take the evening to think about it and make sure this is still the right move? wars can be so much fun
<[ND]Md> sure
<*Censored*> i know hesitation is a bad sign when recruiting, but believe me i'll be a more solid member if i have a day to think
<*Censored*> i'll get in touch with you tomorrow then
<[ND]Md> yeah

That was the only thing i could find that contained anything about reasons for leaving, or when to leave. The interview itself was around 56k chars, so i thought i'd not post it here, but pm me on irc if you want it.

. : Soaring where Angels fear to fly : .

Proud to have been [Insomnia]
Unread 22 May 2006, 21:51   #20
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

quit message seems to go in with the what MD said a few posts earlier,...

and i thought it'd got a bit quieter on deffence calls recently :P
Unread 22 May 2006, 22:43   #21
bobthe

bobthe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Md

/me quickly deletes original post and swears under breath "Next time I will read the entire post before replying ffs"

Ok, I'm one of the big people that left ROCK and in particular I am the one that left for ND :P I didn't really try to hide my alliance switch so I don't care too much if people know. Here's how it went down, in gritty detail, for all to witness (note that my irc logs are all at home and I am at work, so forgive me if some details are slightly off):

One fine evening I went online to check the status of my attack. (This was before the war was announced.) "What, jpg scan blocked? ffs... What?? Ally jpg blocked?? FFS!!" I happened upon an old friend of mine who was kind enough to get me a jpg on my target via her ally scanners (ND), and with that I was able to land through 3 waves of defense for a nice cap (yay!). We got to chatting a bit and she half-jokingly told me I should join ND. I gave it a quick thought, and had been considering in the back of my head switching allies for the next round, and said that it was a possibility since I was considering looking for the next round anyhow. **Sidenote: I was considering leaving ROCK not because i didn't like them or had any problems. To the contrary they were a lot of fun and enjoyed my time there, I just decided that I wanted an alliance that was a bit more aggressive, better clock coverage with scanners, bigger attacks, stuff like that.** Anyhow the next thing I know I am being PMed by a recruiter and we chatted a while and joked around a bit. I got a good vibe and knew that given the friend that was a member, it would be a good fit for me. Although I was PMed first by the recruiter it was not initiated as a "poach". Having played with this friend in rounds previous, she knew I was active, a decent player, and a good person. I have no doubt that my score was second in this decision, albeit one that cemented my offer.

I thought it over a bit, decided to make the switch, and then later that day found out that war was declared! My first thought was "FFS war would be fun...what do i do NOW?". So I told ND that I wanted another day or two to think about it instead of telling them "Yes" as I thought I had just decided. After thinking it over I ended up maintaining my decision to leave ROCK for ND. I felt really bad being that it was a day or two after war was declared at this point, but ultimately I had to do it. I have been happy with the switch, although I do miss the ROCKers I spent hours chatting with and joking around about stupid things with while idling and watching TV.

Anyhoo that's how it went down. The offer was not of the "let's find players with good scores and get them to jump ship to us" sort, and it was not of the "I just want out of ROCK" sort either. I made the decision just before the war was declared and decided I wanted to keep that decision after finding out. And just to clarify, I was not pressured by either my friend in ND or the recruiter to join above and beyond the normal recruitment chat. There you have it.

- bobthe
Unread 22 May 2006, 23:43   #22
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

I just fell in love.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Unread 22 May 2006, 23:59   #23
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A simple thread resolved, by the person who actually did the move and made an excellent post.

Thread concluded.