User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:07   #251
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Ascendancy - winners of Round 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
7)How can bwtmc say that they were creating a community???? you go into your private irc channel and go YES im being attacked tonight ill lose some value and some roids but its all good it means i max cap and max XP 3 times?? how is that a community please elaborate.
How is going into a channel saying 'help I need defence' a community? Community got NOTHING to do with the game except the fact that they play the same game.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:10   #252
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

Heh, I have a good point to made. Look on the bright side, lads!

At least this made AD active, perhaps not in the way people would have wanted, but at least now you all have a lil' something something to discuss.

Everyone went for the win, we just exploited stats the way it was meant to be exploited. It wasn't because of jesterina's insider knowledge, as to be honest, I haven't asked him a single question all round with regards to stats. I decided last round that I'd xp-whore this round (after many talks with Svenn, whom i'd initially planned starting an entirely different alliance with: SoS). I didn't go Terran, because I've never liked terran, hell, I didn't even know they had an advantage, so I went Xan, like I've done every other round.

I've been with Ascendancy all round, since the very beginning (give or take 72 hours, jesterina, thanks), and I can honestly say none of this was planned. People joined us, because we promised them they could attack daily with 3 fleets and no one would complain, e.g. they'd have apt opportunity to do as they damn well pleased.

I'm just as surprised as everyone else that we made it to the top, as I had no idea xp whoring would be this effective. I'm just glad I found out early on (and no, no one told me, no one guided me, no one enlightened me, I found out on my merry own)

Ascendancy deserves this win, whether you like it or not. I deserve my top100 spot, whether you like it or not.

The problem here is that everyone EXPECTED 1up to win (more or less), and now the whole of pa community is in an uproar because what was expected turned out wrong. It's a godgiven fact that mankind responds pro-aggressively, almost starting entire riots, if something completely unexpected happens. We don't like the unexpected, but sometimes, you just gotta go with it. Accept your loss, and have the decency to give us a thumbs for up for a strategy well carried out.

Ty.

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:12   #253
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
7)How can bwtmc say that they were creating a community???? you go into your private irc channel and go YES im being attacked tonight ill lose some value and some roids but its all good it means i max cap and max XP 3 times?? how is that a community please elaborate.
If your community is only about defending each other that's not much of a community. We're more like an irc channel that occupy the same tag ingame.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:15   #254
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Well we're certainly fully functional, do most of your mass orgys involve men or something?
(he's gay)

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:16   #255
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ad hominem time:
1/ kargool, you're an idiot. in all honesty, i've never come across anyone who didn't think so.

2/ zhil, in all honesty i didn't think you would stoop to be as pathetic as you're showing yourself to be now. as i've said ine every round to date, the 'bset' alliance is defined solely by ranks, and right now, we're better :] mechanically speaking, this isn't try, but as all of the selfish ****s try to flaunt to me every round - it's jsut the end ranks which show all that matter right?
even i have to admit i'd feel satisfied if things ended in the current ranks after the arrogance you displayed to even me, during he initial stages of the rnd.

3/ ascendancy might be MORE of a community because we don't need to rely on defending some random **** amongst ourselves to pretend to bea good alliance. that being said, we do occasionally defend & the alliance is definitely a lot more personal in terms of members, than most others (bar dlr & dauos dava i'd say)

4/ jester isn't evil, he's just a righteous so & so. the real evil person in ascendancy is bwtmc.

5/ the round isn't over, stop giving up kids.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:26   #256
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

the round isn't over????

50 million in two weeks seems a bit of a task, if you 3 wave every night that is lol saying 1up or ND pick up 4mill every night + whatever you gain the round pretty mch has ot be over im not saying ppl are giving up just slighly confused how to catch up thats an awful lot of fleetcatchs with value taking such a little part.

but as i have said before congrats on the lead and "possible" victory well played by keeping yourself quiet and getting ppl to tag so late

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:31   #257
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

People should think about these kind of things after this round, (and this is clearly lost on Kargool),

Don't settle for anything less than first if you're capable of first. NewDawn really impressed me this round, I haven't seen much more action than Sandmans but I can see they dispelled rumours and took initiative this round, throughout the round.

1up/eXilition/whoever else, when they've won these last couple rounds, it's always on a knife-edge. It can look like (and often they want to create this impression to their adversaries) they have everything under control but they never do. We shouldn't have the same two alliances winning five rounds in a row, this alliance system (so many people speak of so highly) is boring and predictable.

Wishmaster talks about his friend's concerns for the game, Kargool tells us about his, that the game should be dominated by value and the alliance system we've come to know so well these last few rounds. Planetarion isn't about the same two alliances winning every round. If alliances are to be considered the great fundamental base of the game (what seems to be a popular opinion on here) then in the latter weeks we should still have 3+ alliances going for it.

Comments like: "This just isn't our round" "If only we'd done this (now it's too late)" should have no place in top alliances (yet they do). We shouldn't have whole communities choosing to do nothing mid-round onards. The situation should be changeable until the last few days, that would make a better game.

I thought Round 15 was great for two reasons. The winning alliance had to really dig in to win, it was very easy for people to say that eXilition had won as we tried to catch NewDawn, actually trying to do that, with fatigue from 7 weeks of sleeplessness (across the whole alliance) and people leaving is something else. To actually pull it off was something special. I agree! That should be part of the game. Endeavour reaping rewards right at the last moment, an uncertain victory going to those to battled hardest all along. etc. That's great.

Round 13/14 were different stories, both rounds reached a state of stagnation much earlier. The blocks in Round 13 and the lack of resistance to the victor in R14 made that the case.

If the game wants to move on and alliances are considered centre-stage then the following *should* be accounted for:

Whether through use of a low alliance member limit (as this round), or another way, people should be better able to set up alliances and really have a go at competing with the established ones.

Value, more than anything else brings stagnation to the game. If Ascendancy hadn't been around, what would the outcome have been? Would that have been interesting? Is that what we want? I personally don't think so. More alliances at the top would solve this to a degree, as we wouldn't have such limited resistance to one with the best (unresisted) memberbase. Perhaps the game engine itself should better reward effort on an alliance scale. If XP had been different last round, eXilition might well have not beaten NewDawn, many of whom had huge attacking fleets and very little else because they'd received no incoming. I think that would've been the wrong result. It's good to be rewarded for effort. There's a balance to be found somewhere in this, it doesn't involve nerfing xp.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:31   #258
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
5/ the round isn't over, stop giving up kids.
Fast question.

How can we possible pass you with no chance of attacking you?

so the round is over if something smart dosn't happend
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:32   #259
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Just a little sidenote, which is totally offtopic, how come caths sucks every time jester makes the stats? Do you really hate caths that bad?
Think there is many ppl waiting for this answer.

But it looks like someone are clearly avoiding it.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:37   #260
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

What a round.. i mean, if I can end top 100 then something has to be wrong.. although, we clearly deserve teh win \o/
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:40   #261
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

eXilition's defence channel had ten registered members, I suppose they weren't a community either?

What on earth did you mean by that

Being a community is about getting to know people and enjoying the game. Until Ascendancy, I'd spent the majority of my time chatting to those people in it, just about attacks/defence/scans/politics, and quite frankly that sucks and I'm done with it.

People say they love what the game was about five years ago. Well for me, it was about getting to know people and cooperatively having fun. Ascendancy managed that. I don't care if you dislike the way in which they did it, maybe that's the only way it could be done because of the limitations hard-coded in the game itself. Maybe that shouldn't be the case any more.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:45   #262
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Being a community is about getting to know people and enjoying the game. [..] Well for me, it was about getting to know people and cooperatively having fun. Ascendancy managed that.
Totally agreed; but still i miss the 24/7 online activitiy of ZE GERMAN BLITZKRIEG COMMANDER... hes so few online
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:47   #263
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I just dont see anyone being deserving of such a high ranking without giving out def fleets each day to your alliance and receiving def back. Maybe im old and need to "get with the times" but i just think its stupid that an alliance doesnt need to defend to win a round.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:50   #264
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
I just dont see anyone being deserving of such a high ranking without giving out def fleets each day to your alliance and receiving def back. Maybe im old and need to "get with the times" but i just think its stupid that an alliance doesnt need to defend to win a round.
It's not like we didn't defend at all, I remember sending out at least 1 or 2 fleets for defence..

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:50   #265
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

says the guy who only hits the same gal over and over?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:51   #266
Rember
Womble

Quote:
well look at footy; in the old days there were always 4/5 guys defending and 4/5 guys attacking; nowadays its 'offence is the best defence'
seems true here

though i see your point and well i wouldve agreed if i wasnt having my highest ranked round :P
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:51   #267
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmaticks
It's not like we didn't defend at all, I remember sending out at least 1 or 2 fleets for defence..
I didnt def AT ALL so far :\

But I scanned for u guys a bit.. So "goooooooo team" etc
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:53   #268
Rember
Womble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I didnt def AT ALL so far :\

But I scanned for u guys a bit.. So "goooooooo team" etc
I remember having deffed jupp^afk once; i think.. but that was ingal

well i think it worked out 'teaminglyish' or something.. at least i got defence each day from some greedy old dane
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:53   #269
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

If giving that up results in the above, and there's no better way of achieving it, the players will surely choose to do so. *shrugs*
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 13:54   #270
Rember
Womble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
says the guy who only hits the same gal over and over?
bah ur such a NubneH
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:03   #271
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Regardless, if you wanted to win the round so bad, you could've just done what we did - though, then we'd have no valuewhores to roid, and the game would've ended up stagnating itself to death.

And it looks to me like a few valueplayers are climbing up towards the top10.

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:06   #272
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Congrats Ascendancy on winning the round i would just like to make a few points.

-Error-
Thank you for acknowledging our possible win.

ad 7. There has been more talk about non-pa stuff in our channel this round than I have seen in many of the alliances i have been part of. We have had loads of fun and not talked that much about the round as such. And I know for a fact that a lot of Ascendancy will continue to play together next round perhaps with some other interesting strategies.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:07   #273
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
ad hominem time:
1/ kargool, you're an idiot. in all honesty, i've never come across anyone who didn't think so.
Stop being sad because TGV fleetcaught your ass. You recovered quite well.

As to what alliance is winning the round I see 1up in the lead still, increasing the gap between them and NewDawn who is taking heavy roidloss.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:09   #274
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
pfft you say it like its hard to fleet catch jer. It totally overrated and jer is still shit.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:12   #275
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i'm not so sure why you are so proud of that. you fleetcaught some fi of a planet who doesn't get defence, OH DEAR GOD THE CHALLENGE. how exactly could it possibly fail?

edit: i'm not sad about it at all, it just gives me another rnd where i claim "moral victory" as i was blatantly running away with it if it weren't for the repeated catches.!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:12   #276
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:

As to what alliance is winning the round I see 1up in the lead still, increasing the gap between them and NewDawn who is taking heavy roidloss.
I trust you're jumping in fleetcatching 1up'ers when they hit peak incs. You extended that courtesy to eXilition when we were in a far weaker position, I'd hate to see a worthy alliance like 1up get treated any different.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:13   #277
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
I have defended plenty this round. Just ask legator, rember, jupp, gzort who were incoming magnets.

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:14   #278
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
As to what alliance is winning the round I see 1up in the lead still ...
Getting over the phase of denial is the first step to face the truth

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:14   #279
Desse
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rember
I remember having deffed jupp^afk once; i think.. but that was ingal

well i think it worked out 'teaminglyish' or something.. at least i got defence each day from some greedy old dane
Glad to be of service.

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:14   #280
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I don't mean this in a harsh sense but you're an idiot.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:14   #281
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I trust you're jumping in fleetcatching 1up'ers when they hit peak incs. You extended that courtesy to eXilition when we were in a far weaker position, I'd hate to see a worthy alliance like 1up get treated any different.
I dont recollect fleetcatching any eXilition fleet last round, well we fleetcaught some TGV shipjumpers and some people that has been very hostile towards us. Next round, please pm me all your coords so that we can take into consideration who we are fleetcatching if you feel offended by us doing that.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:15   #282
jerome

Quote:
what's that you imply, kargool going after the easier options? no chance!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:17   #283
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I don't mean this in a harsh sense but you're an idiot.
Feel free to call me whatever you like. Last time I looked, I was allowed to have my own opinion on issues that concerns me, if that labels me as an idiot in your eyes i am honored to have caught your attention.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:18   #284
jerome

i don't know why people seem to think all publicity is good publicity and such, i'd personally rather not be known at all rather than be seen as a moron
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:22   #285
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Feel free to call me whatever you like. Last time I looked, I was allowed to have my own opinion on issues that concerns me, if that labels me as an idiot in your eyes i am honored to have caught your attention.
You can't have an opinion on something that is objective fact. You might as well be calling the sky green.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:22   #286
Rember
Womble

Quote:
well anyone with Kretin under him is an idiot really :/
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:23   #287
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Kargool stop making a ass out of yourself.

They played the game by the rules and used the stats to their advantage.
It's all about the way you want to play PA and the way they choose is not the way you (and I) like it.

I too like the old way with attack and defence but times change and stats did.

I'm not happy with those but still i don't blame em for doing so, it does show once more the XP stuff needs to change
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:26   #288
Rember
Womble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Kargool stop making a ass out of yourself.

They played the game by the rules and used the stats to their advantage.
It's all about the way you want to play PA and the way they choose is not the way you (and I) like it.

I too like the old way with attack and defence but times change and stats did.

I'm not happy with those but still i don't blame em for doing so, it does show once more the XP stuff needs to change
pld \o/
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:26   #289
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You can't have an opinion on something that is objective fact. You might as well be calling the sky green.
Well, I wouldnt define the battlegroup leading the round as anything else than just that. The definition of an alliance in my view is something completely different than the battlegroup currently leading the game's ranking by its flawed rankingsystem represents. I'd prefer not to ofc, but when the score system is as flawed than it is, then value is the way to rank an alliance imho.

There has been several comments and threads about having the valuescore listed next to the "score" of each tag, I feel that this is appropriate and needed to reflect the REAL alliance ranking.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:27   #290
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Well, I wouldnt define the battlegroup leading the round as anything else than just that. The definition of an alliance in my view is something completely different than the battlegroup currently leading the game's ranking by its flawed rankingsystem represents. I'd prefer not to ofc, but when the score system is as flawed than it is, then value is the way to rank an alliance imho.

There has been several comments and threads about having the valuescore listed next to the "score" of each tag, I feel that this is appropriate and needed to reflect the REAL alliance ranking.
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:28   #291
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

I instinctively looked for the 'Delete' button under that last post kargool. It wasn't there

And no all those comments were yours.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:29   #292
Rember
Womble

Quote:

why keep wubly Kretin then :-/
he's too nice for you!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:31   #293
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rember
why keep wubly Kretin then :-/
he's too nice for you!
I'd like to know the answer of that too
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:36   #294
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
its flawed ranking system
Explain to me how the ranking system is flawed.

Its purpose is to sort the score of all the planetarion's planetarions in order, largest first, smallest last. Alliance ranks are determined by the sum of their players.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:39   #295
Rember
Womble

Quote:
w0000t CHECK THE SALUTE THING.. reminds me off how long i havent spammed here :/ ! why are the christmas smilies still around :/
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:39   #296
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Its purpose is to sort the score of all the planetarion's planetarions in order, largest first, smallest last. Alliance ranks are determined by the sum of their players.
Alliance ranks are actually determined bthe the sum of the scores of their players, otherwise the alliance with most players would win

And the so called "flaw" in the ranking system is that most people haven't realized that we're now in the 7th round where score is not equal to value but instead value + xp.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:40   #297
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:

You know exactly what I mean, in other news, its a beautiful day outside and I'd prefer going outside, have a beer, and enjoy life instead of sitting here with you guys

Have a nice day.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:41   #298
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You know exactly what I mean, in other news, its a beautiful day outside and I'd prefer going outside, have a beer, and enjoy life instead of sitting here with you guys

Have a nice day.
That's exactly what we had all round. Except for when it rained.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:41   #299
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Quote:

Have a nice day.
what kind of hc are you?
jeez..
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 14:45   #300
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Value + xp, or Value + xp based score?

;-)