User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:27   #1
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Hair care tips, anyone?

How do your stop your hair looking so goddamned dry?

I make sure my hair is wet through and gently dry it, then apply gel. Once I have completed styling, my hair looks ace (if you'd like an idea of the kind of hair style I have, well, eh, my hair is parted in the middle and brushed back at the front. People have made references to Elvis and so on).

Anyway, after about two or three hours, my hair starts to look truly dreadful, as though it's spent the last five days in the desert.

How can I prevent this?
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:30   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
by not caring about your hair

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:32   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I don't wash my hair. My hair is also silver (sort of).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:33   #4
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
by not caring about your hair
I like to look good.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:34   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
I like to look good.
plastic surgery
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:37   #6
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
#2 shaver guard. Bald is "in"
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:40   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i havent had a hair cut since september

Its now too long for everyday normality, so i wear a shoe-string in an invisible bandana sort of way.

Unread 16 Jun 2003, 18:40   #8
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
after growing the hair to the middle of my back i decided to remove it completely
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 19:04   #9
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I have ze 'Jason Newsted' look. Only my hair is longer and curls more. Oh and the shaven parts are generally covered due to my loose ponytail.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 20:54   #10
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I used to comb my hair, but then people laughed at my combover, so I gave up. Now I just get my hair cut short enough that I don't need to comb it.
People have made references to Russian Soldiers, and so on.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:03   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
#2 shaver guard. Bald is "in"
Now I'm no fashion guru, but I haven't seen any of the people with shaved heads for years.

It's all gel and wax now.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:28   #12
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
goto toni and guy. book a 'consultation'

and ask

i believe theyre free and your not obligated to have a hair cut.

i dont have this problem so i cant help. women usually like running their hands through my hair. maybe one day you will have the same

HAHA
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:31   #13
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
goto toni and guy. book a 'consultation'

for once the sticky spastic comes up with a good idea &hearts;
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:31   #14
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I keep my hir short. Like less than 2 inches long.

Seems to do the trick.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 21:33   #15
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Now I'm no fashion guru, but I haven't seen any of the people with shaved heads for years.

It's all gel and wax now.
a #2 is hardly a shaved head
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:09   #16
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
your problem is hair gel

nasty nasty nasty stuff

much around with some different, softer products

anything that promises shine is a good start
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:21   #17
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
4 on ze top
2 on ze side.

I don't know about you but I have heard that shampoo works wonders!

Body Shop Conditioner that you use WHILST YOUR HAIR IS DRY!

silky smoothness.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:22   #18
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
dont use Gel.

use the wax/gel stuff. its like a cross between the two. i used erm 'Tigi - Bedhead' stuff for awhile. its blue and cost around 17 dollars.

it didnt make my hair go rock hard like the usual stuff but still 'stopped it' from moving around.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:24   #19
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by madi
your problem is hair gel

nasty nasty nasty stuff

much around with some different, softer products

anything that promises shine is a good start
Erm, I've got this Frizz-Ease Glistening Creme Instant Conditioner. Apparently it leaves hair smooth, controlled and ultra-shiny.

I like my hairstyle. I like the way it is. I'd rather not change it. Maybe I could try using mousse or hairspray instead? Would that make a difference?
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:25   #20
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
short hair is definitely not in. At the moment medium length hair is in and usually styled to look deliberately messy, but messy enough to know that it's been styled.

you should use fibre putty, it combines the positives of both gel and wax. it's marvellous stuff, at the moment Loreal have some good products out and I'd particulaarly recommend 'Out of Bed'. but it's more than the styling product that's important, you should use a shampoo and conditioner for dry hair and for this I'd recommend Dove, because it contains 1/4 moisturising cream, which not only moisturises your hair but your scalp too.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:34   #21
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
dont use Gel.

use the wax/gel stuff. its like a cross between the two. i used erm 'Tigi - Bedhead' stuff for awhile. its blue and cost around 17 dollars.

it didnt make my hair go rock hard like the usual stuff but still 'stopped it' from moving around.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
short hair is definitely not in. At the moment medium length hair is in and usually styled to look deliberately messy, but messy enough to know that it's been styled.

you should use fibre putty, it combines the positives of both gel and wax. it's marvellous stuff, at the moment Loreal have some good products out and I'd particulaarly recommend 'Out of Bed'. but it's more than the styling product that's important, you should use a shampoo and conditioner for dry hair and for this I'd recommend Dove, because it contains 1/4 moisturising cream, which not only moisturises your hair but your scalp too.
Thanks, you guys. I mucho appreciate your help
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:35   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

"i spent half an hour giving my hair that 'i dont care / just out of bed look' just because"

Lousy ****ing incrowd jokes.

Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:36   #23
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:

do you live with a lot of homosexuals ?
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:38   #24
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
do you live with a lot of homosexuals ?
No. Just one.

This site has lots of good information, including the 4 hair styling products you must have apparently
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:43   #25
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
Erm, I've got this Frizz-Ease Glistening Creme Instant Conditioner. Apparently it leaves hair smooth, controlled and ultra-shiny.

I like my hairstyle. I like the way it is. I'd rather not change it. Maybe I could try using mousse or hairspray instead? Would that make a difference?

you can get something inbetween, with hold and shine

some sort of mud or fudge or what ever they call these things at teh moment

anything with a firm hold will go a bit crispy after a couple of hours
you will need to to find something that will have hold but not go all hard
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:50   #26
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to have this Fudge **** which smelled ****ing amazing.

Like Fudge surprisingly.

But it was like rubbing play dough into your head.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:55   #27
JammyJim
Godfather

askmen.com is an ace site

its like GQ but for the net.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 22:56   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I just toss in a handfull of gel and mix up my hair with my fingers, most of the time not even looking in a mirror, or just after before going outside.

[except when meeting my gf heh]
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:20   #29
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

bloomers, you made me cry with laughter. and that out of bed stuff is good, but too much and it's like a turd on your head. herbal essenxes shampoo smells lovely. no orgasm though
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 07:09   #30
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
wash with water and comb. If God had intended us to have pretty hairstyles he would have given us gel dispensers.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 07:53   #31
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
:(

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 08:09   #32
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
this thread has nothing for you DM, no-one has mentioned turtlewax yet.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 08:26   #33
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
a #2 is hardly a shaved head
Sandsnake considered it 'bald'
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 17:59   #34
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dear Bloomers

I think my hair may be just a little bit too long for the "just got out of bed" style. This is unfortunate, as I bought the "Out Of Bed" stuff today. I am, however, having a haircut tonight, so all's well

Dear JammyJim

I couldn't find TIGI-Bedhead anywhere

Dear Madi

I know exactly the kind of stuff you mean. "Gelwax".
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 18:07   #35
JammyJim
Godfather

Info : http://www.tigihaircare.com/uk/produ..._M_overlay.gif

Picture : http://www.tigihaircare.com/global/b...ish_M_back.gif

Webby : http://www.tigihaircare.com/uk/products/