User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jun 2003, 18:09   #1
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to find these guys

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...8/MN114902.DTL
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 18:16   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What an entirely biased article. Ive never read such one sided pish

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 18:20   #3
Dookie Velvet
Banned

http://ashbusstop.org
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 18:34   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yes, i know about them. read their mission statements and stuff.

Unread 10 Jun 2003, 18:40   #5
Dookie Velvet
Banned

I had no idea there was so much of this "pro-choice suicide" crap online. That said, I have to agree with their views.
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 18:47   #6
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
i found the person that drove them to suicide lol
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 18:47   #7
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
i told u i was hardcore
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 18:48   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
quite frankly, to each their own, but i really think that article is rather biased, which is a shame, as rather than scaremonger against the site, addressing the problem would work a lot better :/
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 19:03   #9
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Someone who'd swerve onto the shoulder of a dark road...
She would have killed someone eventually driving like that.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 19:05   #10
Dookie Velvet
Banned

I only read the first few paragraphs of the article so I wouldn't know if it's biased or not.
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 19:09   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
quite frankly, to each their own, but i really think that article is rather biased, which is a shame, as rather than scaremonger against the site, addressing the problem would work a lot better :/
Well, I don't think it's a problem. I believe this is a good initiative.

Firstly, they make the person know that there are others out there with the same problem. Often when troubled you feel like all this crap only happens to you, but when you see other people have the same problems it makes you often feel a bit better.

Secondly, when it finally comes to a suicide attempt you can be sure it's a clean one with less pain and mess than with an "amateur attempt".
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 19:27   #12
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
"I'm bored. I am bored with life," she wrote. "I cannot possibly think of anything I want to do that is worth doing. I just want to sleep all day."

Furthermore, she added, she was tired, sad and didn't enjoy anything.

she majored in math

"I have a wonderful family who will support me in all that I do," she wrote.

"I make enough money to get by. I have a few close, excellent friends. I'm not hideous nor morbidly obese. I'm no toothpick supermodel, though.

"I am just your average Joan who has everything to lose and is willing to lose it for absolutely no reason. I am tired. I want to sleep."
Sounds familiar.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 19:40   #13
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
Omg, its not us is it?
i know it is annoying and a waste of a post but just wanted to say this made me laugh

xx
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 20:33   #14
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
"I'm all for free speech, but once you start telling young impressionable kids how to kill themselves, that's crossing the line. Someone should be held accountable."
I'm all for freedom, but when morons refuse freedom for their own denials' sake, I give up
Quote:
"The only purpose (this group) serves is helping people to kill themselves, " said Naylor. "What a lot of these (people) don't seem to realize is that suicide is the last choice you get to make. Once you're dead, you can't undo that. Life isn't a game that can be played over again."
Arrogance, ignorance and denial all in one, what a package!

Yes, I support what ASH does.
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 22:46   #15
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
twas the maths that done it. Anyways what keeps me going in this weary world is wanting to find out just what humanity will do next. I mean take Sept 11th, imagine you'd killed yourself on Sept 10th, you'd have missed out on a great news story!!!!

EDIT

Last edited by Nusselt; 10 Jun 2003 at 22:56.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 23:21   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Well, I don't think it's a problem. I believe this is a good initiative.

Firstly, they make the person know that there are others out there with the same problem. Often when troubled you feel like all this crap only happens to you, but when you see other people have the same problems it makes you often feel a bit better.

Secondly, when it finally comes to a suicide attempt you can be sure it's a clean one with less pain and mess than with an "amateur attempt".

sorry, dont get me wrong, i support ASH too
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 01:06   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

its ASBS nowadays.

And whats their charge? helping to buy a PH meter? ;\

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 01:27   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
She was quite monumentally Fugly though.

Still , well one less easily led moron in the Gene Pool.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 01:46   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

how the **** did someone as **** as you make mod?

Maybe its being a mod for so long, Maybe i was impaired in some way; but you werent always this crap Kura. Currently you are a smug condescending overpowerly arrogant idiot, which is a shame because you are not someone i would choose to dislike.

"Easily Led" ? You dont have a ****ing clue what ASH/ASBS does, i wonder if you loaded either URL. Its aim is not to lead, nor to encourage or discourage, but to provide a choice and a safe option. I know for a fact glorification of suicide isnt tolerated. You dont even know the girl nor the place nor the circumstances

But still, ****, i guess if recent-Kura says so, it must be correct eh.

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 02:05   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I won't have you mocking Kura.

Kura is far too good for us.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 02:40   #21
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
When I joke about dead people (or even people in some danger, or difficulties), moderators warn me about account deletion :(((

As far as I'm concerned, kurashima deserves every - bit of mockery one can squeze in.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 09:36   #22
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
the problem with sites like these is that people end up thinking that they are normal, and that suicide is a normal thing, as they see all their "friends" pop off one by one.
While I am all for freedom, there are limits.
this steps over one of them.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 09:49   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hey, reply to my replies to that goon who confused SR and GR will you?
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 09:58   #24
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
oh aye, you mean the goon with a _ after his name?

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 10:09   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
oh aye, you mean the goon with a _ after his name?
The one I said was talking rubbish.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 10:16   #26
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The one I said was talking rubbish.
the one that faf criticised you for, and then backed someone else up for criticising the same guy... heh.

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 10:21   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
the one that faf criticised you for, and then backed someone else up for criticising the same guy... heh.
I don't care what faf says.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 10:24   #28
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I'm assuming this will be Alt.Suicide.Holiday - a very old and renowned newsie from the early dawn of the net. I had the dubious honour of being involved about 5 years ago.

But then I grew up.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 10:31   #29
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I don't care what faf says.
heh... I think he says stuff just for the hell of it sometimes.

I like this Empirical Argument you are having now. he should know better!

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 10:39   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
heh... I think he says stuff just for the hell of it sometimes.

I like this Empirical Argument you are having now. he should know better!
In arguments about anything except science, I like to make random comments then think up justifications later.

It's great fun.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 10:54   #31
Radical Edward

I just stick to random comments. most of the time it doens't seem worth engaging my brain since few people actually take notice of what you say anyway.

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 10:58   #32
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Unbeknownst to her friends and loved ones, the 19-year-old logged onto an obscure Internet site to confide her darkest thoughts to strangers
sounds familiar
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 12:37   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
While I am all for freedom, there are limits.
this steps over one of them.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
I'm all for freedom, but when morons refuse freedom for their own denials' sake, I give up
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 12:45   #34
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
what you say?

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:31   #35
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
I'm assuming this will be Alt.Suicide.Holiday - a very old and renowned newsie from the early dawn of the net. I had the dubious honour of being involved about 5 years ago.

But then I grew up.

M.
Perhaps helping people to grow up is another benefit of Ash. No doubt there are attention seekers, and overreactionists. I hope you were talking purely about your own situation (in which case thats big of you to admit to "growing up" in terms of dealing with suicide), but i hope it wasnt a snide comment at all of those involved. It would be hard to have met stbd or sr and claim they needed to "grow up"/"grow out of it" tbh

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 13:32   #36
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
In one case, a 20-year-old Norwegian man placed an ad for a suicide partner -- which was answered by a 17-year-old Austrian girl.
This has possibilities...