User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:01   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
21 days to the new harry potter!

there was a big poster saying that in some book shop on tottenham court road today

made me joyful

Soooooooooo gooooooooooood.

so who dies then? dumbledore?
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:04   #2
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point
harry potter books get worse and worse each time
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:05   #3
Anu
Kontrè*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
harry potter hopefully
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:05   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I hear the second book was better than the first.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:06   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
silly moose...

they get better each time

GoF was perfect.

harry wont die!

dont say such mean things.

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:07   #6
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I hear the second book was better than the first.
This is true.

I downloaded all the books from KaZaA.

They're so ****ing poorly written.

I've never seen something so bad be so successful.

It's ludicrous.
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:08   #7
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

he will die in the 7th book i predict
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:09   #8
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet

I've never seen something so bad be so successful.

the matrix
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:09   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

ok

this forum has now given itself bad taste in two areas in the space of two days.

well done lads!
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:10   #10
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet

They're so ****ing poorly written.
I heard it was a children's book.

What a silly lie.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:11   #11
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Deepflow
ok

this forum has now given itself bad taste in two areas in the space of two days.

well done lads!
I like the idea put forward in the Harry Potter series. I'm simply saying the implementaion is bad.

She's a terrible writer, and not half worthy of the praise she's recieved.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:11   #12
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
one of my mates spent the best part of 2 years trying to convince me they weren't just kids books and i should read them

downloaded them and read them in the first week of the easter holidays i have to admit they were pretty good (not a patch on stuff like Pratchett but that's more or less a different genre)

i agree they get better with each book and might end up paying actual money for the new one (either that or steal it off someone)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:11   #13
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I heard it was a children's book.

What a silly lie.
I'm sure she was aiming for children above the age of four, however.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:12   #14
Dookie Velvet
Banned

One word: DISMAL
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:13   #15
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
I'd watch it if they got Josh Hartnett to play Harry Potter
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:14   #16
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

people laugh at* kura

*at least they don't laugh with him but it's bad enough
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:14   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

bloomers kisses boys
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:14   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
actually, its quite good if you dont take it too seriously. Ive read and re-read all four, and i defy you to tell me the writing isnt good, especially near the end of the fourth.

Worst part though, is previously they were coming out one each year, its been two years since #4. Theyve found they can span out sales from one book for a longer period of time.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:15   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

and the fact that she took a break and the 5th one is 1/3 again as long as the 4th.

thats kind of an excuse for delayed release.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:44   #20
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Fair play to her, I respect her/publishers marketing ability, she alone's managed to make over £250 million. From only 4 books that's quite an achievement.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:45   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

and 2 films
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:46   #22
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
and the fact that she took a break and the 5th one is 1/3 again as long as the 4th.

I heard she was busy having a kid, or so my sister said.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:48   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Ive heard shes had 5 6 and 7 written for a year or so already though

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 21:49   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

twoddle
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 22:00   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

someone will either confirm or deny it with a link soon

i heard her quote from the end of the seventh book 3 years ago on the radio, but she said "i wrote some of the ending to the series before the rest"

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 22:14   #26
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Harry Potter may be a bit dodgy, but it's still better than Lord of the Rings. At least stuff actually happens in Harry Potter, rather then spending 40+ chapters wandering through a forest talking to elves and killing off characters who then miraculously reappear without anyone batting an eyelid.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 22:30   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Harry Potter may be a bit dodgy, but it's still better than Lord of the Rings. At least stuff actually happens in Harry Potter, rather then spending 40+ chapters wandering through a forest talking to elves and killing off characters who then miraculously reappear without anyone batting an eyelid.
The only character who dies and returns is Gandalf, and that's because he's a demigod, if you read the silmarillion.

And quite a big thing is made of it.

And apart from the initial stages (getting out of Hobbiton), it flows very well.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 22:36   #28
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The only character who dies and returns is Gandalf, and that's because he's a demigod, if you read the silmarillion.

And apart from the initial stages (getting out of Hobbiton), it flows very well.
now the silmarillion...

...there was a bad book.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 22:38   #29
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

I have the Silmarillion thing on my hard disk.

Is it worth reading?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 22:38   #30
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

the silmarillion is hard work. i tried, but i couldnt read it all.

Unread 1 Jun 2003, 23:29   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
I have the Silmarillion thing on my hard disk.

Is it worth reading?
It's hard work if you haven't read that style of thing.

If you've read The Mort D'Arthur, it's much the same style.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 23:31   #32
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
It's hard work if you haven't read that style of thing.

If you've read The Mort D'Arthur, it's much the same style.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 23:46   #33
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

i got bored with it

i read the first couple of chapters... then just read the last one.

they were good.

the rest looked and smelled rather blah.
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 02:24   #34
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: 21 days to the new harry potter!

Quote:
so who dies then? dumbledore?
I think that's a possibility--with Richard Harris dead.

Maybe a small subplot in book #5 that they can move "forward" to film #3.

Never read any of the books myself; but my son is a big fan.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 04:32   #35
Kal_Zakath
Terror and Hubris

Kal_Zakath is an unknown quantity at this point
whoopdefcukingdo
Kal_Zakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 10:16   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

20 days to go!

wheeeeeeeeeeeee
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 10:18   #37
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
harry potter catches the gay, and hermione turns out to be a man in drag.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 10:28   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
harry potter catches the gay, and hermione turns out to be a man in drag.
Turns out to be?
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 10:33   #39
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Turns out to be?
"it is found out that". apparently in a "crying Game"esque moment involving her and Ron.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 10:39   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Turns out to be?
'Yes she turns out to be

a boy named brian!'

ps.

This thread should have been done a week ago.

28 Days Later would have made a great Harry Potter book.