User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Nov 2005, 17:12   #1
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough
Limited number of exiles/self exiles

Should there be a limit on the number of exiles a galaxy can do and the number of self exiles a player can do?

Personally I don't know what that number should be (something like 3 self exiles per player and 8 exiles per galaxy?). But a limit may force people to be slightly more objective when considering if someone should be exiled or if they want to self exile. If you were in a T150 galaxy and wanted something better, but you were on your last exile place you'd seriously think about self exiling just in case you ended up somewhere lower.

Obviously you'd need some entry in the Politics screen so you could see the number of times you have exiled or self exiled.

The inactivity limit when new players create a new account would not be included in the exile limit.

Not sure if this would replace the exile cost multiplier or not (probably not, but small galaxies may like it removed).

I think a long time ago we had finite limits - I can't remember the reason why that was changed. I bet its going to be real obvious too!

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 17:43   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Limited number of exiles/self exiles

The problem with thsi idea is it does mean that if your in a bad galaxy that galaxy will remain bad no matter what you do as you wont be able to keep exiling out the inactives.

My galaxy isnt great, in fact its extreamly poor BUT we have exiled out numourous players to try and improve it and to try and replace the good player who exiled out. Under your limit we would have been stuck with the 'inactives' who made no effort a long time ago which isnt a good thing because some of these places have since been filled with atleast semi active people. And when i'm talking about inactives im not talking about no login, free accounts that the ticker will remove, we are talking about those people whom either have paid accounts or are logging in but are simply refusing to take part in the galaxy (even after a week of nagging at them to get on irc, ise the forums ect ect you get no responce, not even a reply to the mail) that wont get deleted by the ticker.

The problem really is you have this currrent system where smaller but relativly active people never get a chance in the good galaxies and are exiled out the minute they are away for 8 hours or you have your proposed system thats going to result in smaller galaxies getting stuck with inactives and being unable to remove them. Neither system is good but of the two the current systems probally better as it is the wide with the widest positive effect
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 18:07   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Something that was suggested before R15 (by Kal I think) was to make it so that members of buddy packs can't self exile or be exiled. I like this idea as it will mean that there are at least some paid accounts in each galaxy and you won't have dead galaxies, the type that people complain about each round.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 18:13   #4
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

Nope it would not necessarily remain bad, as suggested you'd tune the limit to be an appropiate number. You could get a number of good exiles within that limit (whatever that limit is). If the whole universe was aware that exiles were limited then using exiling would not be like drinking a cup of tea everyday - people would use it carefully and only as a last resort.

This would stop the thousands of people from being exiled round the galaxy each day. You have galaxies complaining that they can't get an active and you have planets complaining they are not being given a chance. Stopping them both from being too rash is surely a good thing? The exile system was not created so that galaxies can try and build a potential T10 galaxy from a base of 5 core members.

I think some people are hoping that they will get an IRC active potential 1 mil planet each time they exile someone. Sometimes people play the game for other reasons, just because they don't fit your profile doesn't mean to say that they should be exiled.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 19:21   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thex
Nope it would not necessarily remain bad, as suggested you'd tune the limit to be an appropiate number. You could get a number of good exiles within that limit (whatever that limit is). If the whole universe was aware that exiles were limited then using exiling would not be like drinking a cup of tea everyday - people would use it carefully and only as a last resort.

This would stop the thousands of people from being exiled round the galaxy each day. You have galaxies complaining that they can't get an active and you have planets complaining they are not being given a chance. Stopping them both from being too rash is surely a good thing? The exile system was not created so that galaxies can try and build a potential T10 galaxy from a base of 5 core members.

I think some people are hoping that they will get an IRC active potential 1 mil planet each time they exile someone. Sometimes people play the game for other reasons, just because they don't fit your profile doesn't mean to say that they should be exiled.
Your seeing it only from the POV of those who are rash though and yes theres alot of these people BUT theres also alot of people whom get totally screwed by the shuffle or whom have their galaxies activity drift after they get hit hard. Its tough enough when you dont have most of your galaxy whom are IRC active or in an alliance let alone when you cant exile the really useless ones whom completly ignore any attempt to help them out and its these galaxies you penalise not the top galaxies whom by luck (or judgement as its often a poor BP that lets the galaxy down) have a higher activity anyway..

Any limit of galaxy exile will hinder the smaller galaxies more than anyone else UNLESS you somehow find a way to make it so that its cheap/easy for the smaller galaxies to move out their inactives (as smaller galaxies are alot less picky, they arent after putting a top 10 galaxy together, they just want a galaxy that doesnt require almost 24/7 activity from a couple of people as theres not enough activity ) but makes its expensive/hard for the bigger galaxies to do so
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 00:18   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

We could also make exiling relativly expensive
and relativly cheaper as the round goes on

While self-exiling should become less effective (galaxyrank-wise) as the round goes on