User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 23 Mar 2007, 10:13   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Structure Killers Radical Suggestion?

Or maybe it has been suggested elsewhere.

1st off to make my self absolutely clear and so there is no ambiguity, I HATE THEM and want them removed from the game.

However realistically I do not believe that will happen, and no amount of lobbying, whingine or whining will achieve that.

So here are a couple of ideas that may negate the effectiveness of the SK's and the sickos that take pleasure in destroying another players planet.

SK's should be a sort of Kamikazi ship, if they arrive at the battle they are destroyed when they impact on the planet.

In the event that they are included in an attack fleet and it is recalled a %age of them (say 15%) are lost due to the fact that they are unstable, and also in selfdestructing take out a number of the other ships in the same attack fleet. for example a DE/FR Class SK would take out 1 of each for the same class, 2 of each for a weaker class and 0.5 for the heavy class.

This would negate the advantage in including SK's "ie throw some in because they are the same eta as my main fleet" syndrome. Also a loss in value for the player as his SK's die but XP should be given for sucessfull structures killed.

It may also mean that a player wanting to or needing to use SK's may have to send 2 attack fleets one with pure SK's so that if a recall is needed he only loses the 15% and not any attack ships.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 11:39   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Structure Killers Radical Suggestion?

I like this idea, something should be address to make SK's more "fun"; something like the Devastator tank in Dune 2 [a stupidly high powered tank which when destroyed, destroyed area around it] which could take out either or both defending / attacking ships
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 11:45   #3
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

I think the problem is more with construction being pretty static (as is everything in this game) rather than structure killers being so annoying. They are almost pointless to build atm as they simply don't fit in any attack fleet. The damage they do is far too high compared to the building costs (time and resource cost) of constructions. Why do all constructions have to have the exact same armour? Why can't there be more strategy involved around them in terms of being able to build them or not? Why can't they be damage or repaired instead of only being destroyed? Why does each construction take the same time and (increasing) cost to make? [edit]Or better put: Why can't there be something along the lines of this?[/edit]

But i agree that given the current coding capacity your proposel might not be so bad to add

P.S Hi Judge
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 18:11   #4
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
I think the problem is more with construction being pretty static (as is everything in this game) rather than structure killers being so annoying. They are almost pointless to build atm as they simply don't fit in any attack fleet. The damage they do is far too high compared to the building costs (time and resource cost) of constructions. Why do all constructions have to have the exact same armour? Why can't there be more strategy involved around them in terms of being able to build them or not? Why can't they be damage or repaired instead of only being destroyed? Why does each construction take the same time and (increasing) cost to make? [edit]Or better put: Why can't there be something along the lines of this?[/edit]

But i agree that given the current coding capacity your proposel might not be so bad to add

P.S Hi Judge
Thanks for the nice comments, and Hi back to ya mate,
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2007, 03:03   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I like both the ideas of armour for constructions and of kamikaze SKs. We could also have the possibility to build fake buildings, or 'holo buildings'.
Unread 24 Mar 2007, 14:30   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I say we remove XP.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2007, 18:22   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...ight=structure

I remember them approving this back in the day when i was coming out with all sorts.
Guess they approved but just didnt get around to doing it.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote