User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 Jul 2006, 14:39   #1
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Cancelling orders on production

On the production screen it would be better if there was a screen asking you to confirm to cancel the order instead of having just one chance, as when you've got two orders on the go it's tremendously confusing.

Minimal effort to put in, userfriendliness ++

And yes i've just done it.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 14:41   #2
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Re: Cancelling orders on production

Only noobs would do a thing like that.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 14:58   #3
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

A very very simple javascript popup would be sufficient for this.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 15:10   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
On the production screen it would be better if there was a screen asking you to confirm to cancel the order instead of having just one chance, as when you've got two orders on the go it's tremendously confusing.

Minimal effort to put in, userfriendliness ++

And yes i've just done it.
Not really, its your responsibility to make sure you cancel the right one. Simply take care and read what your doing.

Even I don't make this mistake :P

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 15:13   #5
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
tbh I think its something which would be very beneficial for the game. There are other things which have priorities of course, but this is a small hack which would be benefical for the entire player base.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 15:31   #6
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Not really, its your responsibility to make sure you cancel the right one. Simply take care and read what your doing.

Even I don't make this mistake :P
The fact is if a player of 5 years experience can do this, then anyone can and to just be ridiculed because "you don't make this mistake" is just pants customer service when I make a reasonable suggestion that requires no change to the game mechanics and is actually aimed at helping the game become easier to play. Whether you haven't made the error is irrelevant to making the game better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
tbh I think its something which would be very beneficial for the game. There are other things which have priorities of course, but this is a small hack which would be benefical for the entire player base.
This requires minimal effort from you (literally, minutes) because when compared to relying on reading small bits of text when you scroll down where it's difficult to discern from one order and the other, such a pop up would remove any element of doubt if you are working in a hurry.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 15:48   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do it with a tickbox to achieve uniformity across the game (just like on the missions page).

Personally I'm opposed to the various types of hand-holding that have been introduced to the game, but at least do it properly....
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 16:17   #8
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

i think this has been suggested several times before and i agree that it would be a good thing even if it never really happend to me before but we all know what can happen in those dark and lonely nights when you crawl out of your bed to check PA.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:41   #9
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm sorry Lok, but I must take the piss out of you.

You must have been one of three things:
1) Drunk
2) An utter utter noob
3) An idiot

There are no other options, and you've said you aren't #2, and since you said 'just' done it, with your post times at 2.39PM, I can assume you aren't drunk.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:22   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

Well the fact is I got confused between 2 orders of similar ships, clicked realised i'd made an error and tried to stop my browser.

Had I had that extra second to think with a click box, it wouldn't have happened.

Yes, I made a bad error. Yes it's my fault. That doesn't mean we shouldn't improve the user interface.

So stop being a ****ing prat, and write something productive. I held my hands up in post one, to prevent shit posts like that.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:29   #11
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

This is one of those things that you think won't ever happen and when it does, you'll be so pissed off. :/

Imo, there could be a tickbox like furball suggested, because I'd probably kill myself if I was woken up in the middle of night and then half sleep and having the IQ of a goat I accidentaly cancelled a production and lost most of my precious saved resources.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 19:06   #12
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, I've done it plenty of times. I've defended my targets in my sleep, sent fleets without pods, recalled the wrong fleet (which was on course for free roids) while letting the other crash and burn. I've cancelled productions and everything else that now comes with a pretty tickbox. In fact, I ticked the box and then did it anyway.

The thing is, it was my fault every time. It wasn't PA's fault.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 19:52   #13
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

While we are talking about canceling production, would be nice if you could cancel some of the ships.

Say you order 1 harpy and 3 pegs. You find out, damn I dont need the harpy but the pegs I need.

Then you cancel the harpy.

And I agree with lok, canceling production wrong is very common.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:29   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Oh, I've done it plenty of times. I've defended my targets in my sleep, sent fleets without pods, recalled the wrong fleet (which was on course for free roids) while letting the other crash and burn. I've cancelled productions and everything else that now comes with a pretty tickbox. In fact, I ticked the box and then did it anyway.

The thing is, it was my fault every time. It wasn't PA's fault.
Quote:
Yes, I made a bad error. Yes it's my fault. That doesn't mean we shouldn't improve the user interface.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:35   #15
furball

Quote:
The continual addition of hand-holding mechanisms in-game annoys me. However, I realise that not everyone shares my opinion - so I'd be perfectly happy to accept its introduction with a tickbox beside every 'cancel' option.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 00:16   #16
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

The game should prevent you from doing anything destructive/negative. Any cancellation should be confirmed, it's not as if you should be cancelling research/constructions/productions constantly.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 06:45   #17
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

lmfao
as if noone hasnt screw somethign up by mistake at some point , for the sake of a couple of extra seconds a check box beside any cancellation be it production/research or construction would be benefical to the game

my personal favourite is pulling the free roids fleet and crashing the other 1 , probably because i've done it more than once

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 07:38   #18
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I've made the mistake of accidentally attacking the wrong planet, by mixing up the Cluster and Galaxy or Galaxy and Planet, the funny part is I made out better than if I'd have attacked the one I wanted to.

I do like the idea of the check boxes as the added measure, but if they don't do it and I happen to cancel something I don't want to, I'll continue my swearing to myself and bashing my fists on the keyboard like most people, instead of suggesting they do something so I don't make that mistake again.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 10:06   #19
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

tbh, i hate confirmation popups. They are irritating

just pay attention to what you do
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 13:18   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
tbh, i hate confirmation popups. They are irritating

just pay attention to what you do
I think the click box is better, fwiw.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 07:42   #21
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The silliest mistake i made was probably to report my inc with a copy/paste from the gal stat (the highlighted text becomes white). GO to IRC, comes back to gal stat a little while later, doesn't see red anymore ask defenders to recall...
Cancelling prod by ships type is a really great idea (tick boxes plz).
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 09:50   #22
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I accidentally lost a huge amount of resources last round, which was frustrating. And it wasn't completely because of my own idiocy either: we had recently bought a tevion wireless mouse, which turned out to be a pile of shit. It ate batteries every few days and it constantly cut out. When it cut out, I couldn't input new orders and when it finally recovered, the cursor sometimes danced across the screen clicking things as it caught up.

On this occasion, it clicked the 'cancel order' button.

Checkboxes would be nice.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 10:42   #23
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

wireless are crap
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 10:44   #24
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

Ouch Gate that must have been annoying, Im taking this summer round out but nxt round it would be great to just have that little bit more validation and or verification to make sure your cancelling the correct thing.

I am seriously having a hard time understanding why people have a problem with this. yes it was lokkens fault but he admitted it and came up with a solution

the solution isn't hard to implement and would benifit all players. I know it can be moronic what people do and say its an accidnet but when your producing a load of ships to catch out an attacker and you cancel the wrong one and lose 2 max caps on ur planet it could be more than a lil devistating

its that or im just a nub

gl this round guys

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 10:54   #25
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The continual addition of hand-holding mechanisms in-game annoys me. However, I realise that not everyone shares my opinion - so I'd be perfectly happy to accept its introduction with a tickbox beside every 'cancel' option.
i think this has nothing to do with hand holding mechanisms, more with a userfriendly interface. hand-holding stuff would be a suggestion to build a certain kind of ships with the resources you have stocked up when you are under attack or similar things - that would be annoying and unnecessary because it tries to guide you through the game and influence your actions.

the clickbox would just be a security mechanism for an action that you want or really dont want to do.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:15   #26
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
the clickbox would just be a security mechanism for an action that you want or really dont want to do.
exactley the same as the cancel missions click box so the argument that your getting your hand held is mooted

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 19:47   #27
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
i think this has nothing to do with hand holding mechanisms, more with a userfriendly interface. hand-holding stuff would be a suggestion to build a certain kind of ships with the resources you have stocked up when you are under attack or similar things - that would be annoying and unnecessary because it tries to guide you through the game and influence your actions.

Real men don't need security mechanisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
exactley the same as the cancel missions click box so the argument that your getting your hand held is mooted
No it's not. My argument remains that any form of "Are you sure?" is hand-holding - and it just so happens that some of them have been introduced already, namely the cancel missions click box.
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 00:39   #28
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

what the ****? there is absolutely no reason NOT to introduce a form of verification, i didn't read this thread all the way through apart from the first post and then the click box one as that should be it settled then. there is nothing to argue here.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 03:26   #29
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

speaking of cancel mission tickbox, would it be better (less wrong recall) with the following layout ?
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...yrecallmn1.gif