User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Feb 2006, 15:47   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Looking for an excuse

to explain why I wasn't in uni for two weeks.

My best excuse is I suffered a dead left arm. A severe one too. I had a compound fracture on the arm 10 years ago and I still feel the arm isn't as strong as they should be.

But does anyone know the medical name for the illness (the dead arm thing)?

Thanks.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 15:50   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Looking for an excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm

AIDS
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 15:51   #3
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble is you'd need a doctor's note if you were going to be that serious about the excuse and I'm guessing you don't have on of those available
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 15:54   #4
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
The trouble is you'd need a doctor's note if you were going to be that serious about the excuse and I'm guessing you don't have on of those available
Thing is, I can get one of those easily.
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 15:58   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Insomnia
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 15:59   #6
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Insomnia
also getting a doctors note for insomnia is easy, dont eat, sleep for 24 hrs, then go to the doctors, they fall for it every time :up
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 16:36   #7
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

talk to a doctor friend of yours, get a note and thats it. i used to do this a lot
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 16:49   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just don't mention it and hope they don't.

"The Henry solution: you would be surprised how often it works"
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 17:43   #9
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thing is, I can get one of those easily.
how btw?
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 18:03   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
just don't mention it and hope they don't.

"The Henry solution: you would be surprised how often it works"

I plan to try this approach for not going to either of my jobs today.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 18:11   #11
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

Quote:

My best excuse is I suffered a dead left arm. A severe one too. I had a compound fracture on the arm 10 years ago and I still feel the arm isn't as strong as they should be.

Thanks.
Claim you're a Muslim and silly little things like your education and future shouldn't get in the way of you marching and protesting against a cartoon for two weeks solid. You've got your priorities right, the opression of the west will not stand! You've got to proove to the infidels that Muslims aren't fanatical and the only way to do this is to spend another 2 weeks protesting about, ahem, a cartoon...

Another two weeks off! \o/

Anyway, what's your real reason for not attending for two weeks?

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 18:14   #12
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Thanks.
Try something more convinsing..

Say that you get dizzy at random
and sometimes start puking, with sometimes a lil bit of blood among the puke
And its been exhausting you very much

Don't forget to make the blood part sound very dramatic..
Nobody is ever gonna say u weren't ill when you've been puking blood

Giving diagnoses, or knowing what you have is a dead sin
Trust me
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 18:14   #13
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Rozenski
Claim you're a Muslim and silly little things like your education and future shouldn't get in the way of you marching and protesting against a cartoon for two weeks solid. You've got your priorities right, the opression of the west will not stand! You've got to proove to the infidels that Muslims aren't fanatical and the only way to do this is to spend another 2 weeks protesting about, ahem, a cartoon...

Another two weeks off! \o/

Anyway, what's your real reason for not attending for two weeks?
I like your excuse. Pos rep on its way.

Real reason: I felt really shit (close to depressed about one of my core modules) and things outside of uni preoccupied me (mainly work).
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 20:39   #14
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

How about "I've been finding it very hard (tears in the eyes moment) recently, I've been quite down. I've had some bad problems at home/personal life. I mean I just get so flustrated and angry at people close to me.
And have you any idea how long it takes to find someplace secluded and quiet that you can dig without raising suspicion, especially round here. Then you have to go get a shovel, but B&Q only have these cheap ones that break if you're digging into frozen or stoney ground, and it is winter after all.
Plus then I had to drive around to find some industrial strenght bleach to clean up, and my card wouldn't work at the till which was so embarassing..."
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 20:52   #15
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Do they take a register?!?!? do they know you missed that time? if not don't say anything, if they do ask say it was an unfortunate combination of family stuff and illness. Then look at them like you pay their wages, which you ****ing do, and how dare they question YOU.
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 01:32   #16
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of times I was questioned about time off in University I tried the following. One time, I said depression and stress, and got a Dr's note (not far from the truth to be perfectly honest). I found my course leader to be pretty sympathetic, and he stressed that I should do some serious resting, and not think about work for a while (and gave me deadline extensions to boot, hurrah). Depressions pretty easy to get a Dr's note for, just say your stressed, not sleeping well, not eating much, can't focus on tasks etc...

Another time I was bluntly honest and said 'I've been an idiot and have been on a bender for a week and a half', and they laughed it off, and 'admired my honesty'.

I think I had quite an understanding university course leader though....
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote