User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 23 Dec 2014, 09:25   #101
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Isils round 60 stats

If you want to capture Beetles to defend your alliance against FI/CO, you shouldn't be building DE anti-FI/CO.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2014, 09:58   #102
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
If you want to capture Beetles to defend your alliance against FI/CO, you shouldn't be building DE anti-FI/CO.
If you are going DE, CO will be the least of your problems.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2014, 12:41   #103
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
I think theres a bit of a misunderstanding here.
You're not building DE to capture Co. You're building DE to steal roids and to defend your roids. You're building anti Co because you don't want Co defending vs you and you dont want Co roiding you. You're not gonna attack with DE and send cutlass along for anti Co, if you're building a DE fleet, you're gonna build De that shoots at Co.
Now because you went Zik, some of your ships steal instead of kill. This can be good or sometimes annoying if you end up stealing useless ships in the wrong shipclass. With DE stealing Co, this falls more on the usefull than useless side and the proposed change (option 2) would make DE quite nice vs Co.

Ofcourse you could say, making the Thief a killship with low init, would make Zik DE even better, but that wasn't one of the options proposed and probably isnt that good for the overall balance anyway.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2014, 20:23   #104
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Do we really want to have another round where xan fi can roid other xans without issues?

It might not have been a problem when these stats were played the first time, it sure is now tough with the way xp/mc work.

Might as well play with the same crappy stats as last round then, as it'll be borring as hell.

I like where most of this is going, but I really want this xan worked out before we move further.

I agree that zik could do with a DE class co stealer - as a zik you want to steal, not kill.
Unread 23 Dec 2014, 20:33   #105
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I kind of disagree on FI being too strong. There will only be FR/CR/BS out there on allie strat.
Ofc there will be xan FI whoring tags, but on the extent as last round? Im not sure.
All though Kaiba was critizing my stats for being FI friendly, i wonder whats his take on these stats

Unread 23 Dec 2014, 20:34   #106
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
It might not have been a problem when these stats were played the first time, it sure is now tough with the way xp/mc work.
You should look up how XP has changed since r59. Any suggestion that XP is still overpowered is nothing short of laughable.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2014, 20:51   #107
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You should look up how XP has changed since r59. Any suggestion that XP is still overpowered is nothing short of laughable.
I must have missed this.

link please?

nm - just tested stuff on winterround? guess you are right, its not as bas as it was last round

Last edited by berten; 23 Dec 2014 at 21:07.
berten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2014, 21:00   #108
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

what i dislike the most about this set, and also the other suggested ones:

its all the same over and over again!

xan have fi, are fully cloaked, weak armour, med-high damage
cath have co, fully emp, with maybe 1 or 2 useless kill ships
ter awefully boring with a fr or de fleet and ofc bs
etd an aweful mix of all of the above (with bs pods - surprise)
and zik so weak cause they could end with a kickass fleet in the very end if not nerved enough

ITS BORING

cant someone (which stats get maybe choosen - so anyone whos connected to appoco) come up with something new, diverse and interesting ?
Please

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2014, 22:00   #109
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
what i dislike the most about this set, and also the other suggested ones:

xan have fi, are fully cloaked, weak armour, med-high damage
cath have co, fully emp, with maybe 1 or 2 useless kill ships
ter awefully boring with a fr or de fleet and ofc bs
etd an aweful mix of all of the above (with bs pods - surprise)
and zik so weak cause they could end with a kickass fleet in the very end if not nerved enough

ITS BORING

cant someone (which stats get maybe choosen - so anyone whos connected to appoco) come up with something new, diverse and interesting ?
Please
Whats ur opinion of mine?

Unread 23 Dec 2014, 22:36   #110
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Whats ur opinion of mine?
He said all sets suggested, that includes yours, are boring. Please read better.

In regards to Xan Fi in these stats they are sooooo paperthin that they don't play well in xp style, with or without a new xp formula
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2014, 23:43   #111
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

the way the combat engine works its not easy to diversify much
every race has had every kind of roidclass at some point
until changes are made to the dynamics of combat/research, its hard to change much
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 05:06   #112
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
until changes are made to the dynamics of combat/research, its hard to change much
yes i am aware of the limited range for diversity to be able to happen
yet we have the same podclasses on all races, on and on (cath co, xan fi, ter bs, zik cr) for a few rounds now
and as naturally xan and cath are the most picked races and fi/co the most viable attack combos (if stats allow) because of eta advantage
we end seeing the same alliance setups, the same thoughts behind alliance strategies like always

i´d just welcome a round where ter maybe have the fi fleet and etd the co one (for example)

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 07:47   #113
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
yes i am aware of the limited range for diversity to be able to happen
yet we have the same podclasses on all races, on and on (cath co, xan fi, ter bs, zik cr) for a few rounds now
and as naturally xan and cath are the most picked races and fi/co the most viable attack combos (if stats allow) because of eta advantage
we end seeing the same alliance setups, the same thoughts behind alliance strategies like always

i´d just welcome a round where ter maybe have the fi fleet and etd the co one (for example)
While that's understandable, I think there are also quite some people who like shipstats they recognize. There's already complaining when a shipname is with the wrong race. I guess for the people who are more 'into' shipstats mixing it up could make it more interesting, (Xan with BS/CR only roiders, what would that do? ) but I'm afraid we're in a minority.
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 11:29   #114
lince

lince will become famous soon enoughlince will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We could change that, if we're willing to.
One way could be make FI/CO good/ok vs FI/CO but weak vs FR/DE and BS/CR good/ok vs BS/CR but strong vs FR/DE.
And we haven't seen this much over the rounds.
That would need just a change on stats.
But, ofc, there would be people whining about Xan FI beeing too weak, as always they do
lince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 12:38   #115
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
While that's understandable, I think there are also quite some people who like shipstats they recognize. There's already complaining when a shipname is with the wrong race. I guess for the people who are more 'into' shipstats mixing it up could make it more interesting, (Xan with BS/CR only roiders, what would that do? ) but I'm afraid we're in a minority.
you can name the TER FI Pegasus, i dont mind names :P

i know where your coming from though, not so sure if we are a minority , but just the ones with not enough influence

Unread 24 Dec 2014, 12:42   #116
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Paging Influence to thread #200677. Influence to 200677.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 12:50   #117
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lince View Post
We could change that, if we're willing to.
One way could be make FI/CO good/ok vs FI/CO but weak vs FR/DE and BS/CR good/ok vs BS/CR but strong vs FR/DE.
And we haven't seen this much over the rounds.
That would need just a change on stats.
But, ofc, there would be people whining about Xan FI beeing too weak, as always they do
Is this sarcastic or not because if not .......
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 12:58   #118
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Regarding the ship names thing the way I see is that I don't have an issue with new names for ships and some interchanging but each race has some staple ships which everyone knows. You shouldn't screw with them.

Example:

Terran - Pegasus as De based fi/co killer, Wyvern and Dragon as BS ships and Harpy as Fi ship. The rest are movable/changeable/removable.

What you don't want is confusion when asking for things. If now someone asks for Pegs on def you dont have to check what it does, people know it kills fi or co or both. It saves mountains of faff.

Each race has roughly 4 ships that should stay the same all the time to keep continuity.
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 13:23   #119
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Agreed, with one caveat: it's not necessary for every set of stats to have a Ter De firing at Fi and/or Co, but when such a ship exists, it should be called the Pegasus, and the name Pegasus should not be used for other ships.

I think that's what you meant as well?
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 13:51   #120
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

There is a lot of diffrent opinion on what is good or bad for ship strats. Myself like having FI/CO avalible for def.
Last round was very special due to ST.
Maybe someone could gather a sum up on wich allies has won PA heavy based in FI/CO the last 15 rounds?

Unread 24 Dec 2014, 15:02   #121
Mzyxptlk
mz.

If your alliance ship strat is already strong against a certain class, there's little point in going out of your way to build defense ships outside of your normal roiding class(es) that also target that ship.

In that sense, Patrikc is right, if everyone in your alliance went De, and you steal a bunch of Co, you won't be very happy. But that's true of all stealing. What if you steal Cr? Or Bs? If you don't want to convert half your roiding fleet, don't play Zik.

I still support by the Thief stealer idea. As for the other choice Isil presented (add a Fi or change targetting on De), I don't have a strong opinion.

At this point, I'd say: Isil, bite the bullet, pick one, make them final by Christmas and let someone else squat on the beta server for the remaining week or so. Not that I have anything to say about that.

Man, this is a luxury unheard of in PA history: we might have 3 sets of stats to choose from!

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 24 Dec 2014 at 15:07.
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 15:15   #122
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

The whole idea of navigating through a round is doing good steals, why else would you have steal ships?
Is unplayable offensive, getting beetles will be crucial for not getting fecked over by FI

Unread 24 Dec 2014, 16:42   #123
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Where is the third set? I've only seen BB and isil stats..? Link pls!
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 18:55   #124
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YTgZechkskKbCM

Unread 24 Dec 2014, 19:11   #125
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
Where is the third set? I've only seen BB and isil stats..? Link pls!
I heard of a couple of people working on sets, but I was talking hypothetically. I don't have a candidate lined up or anything.

Now's a good time to step forward, people!

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 24 Dec 2014 at 19:20.
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 19:30   #126
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

The link i posted is Machadoes set.
Unless someone got it on paper, their set shouldnt be considered.

Unread 24 Dec 2014, 20:36   #127
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

I was doing nothing... what do you think about this: http://tinyurl.com/kl22gav
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 21:14   #128
Shhhhhhh

Quote:
The link i posted is Machadoes set.
If they're using paper, their set shouldnt be considered.
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 22:19   #129
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
A week is enough time to put a full set together from scratch, but I agree that we should prefer someone who's got a full set ready to go.
Unread 24 Dec 2014, 22:32   #130
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
A week is enough time to put a full set together from scratch, but I agree that we should prefer someone who's got a full set ready to go.
Me and Isil has used two to ready ours
I think setting up a set can be done quickly, but others need to read through it too

Unread 25 Dec 2014, 00:21   #131
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

FICO SK's please.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2014, 11:11   #132
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Me and Isil has used two to ready ours
I think setting up a set can be done quickly, but others need to read through it too
ive used two to ready mine, you've used two to refuse to make changes, no?
Unread 25 Dec 2014, 11:45   #133
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
ive used two to ready mine, you've used two to refuse to make changes, no?
Ive done plenty of changes.
You have only made FR better in yours

Unread 25 Dec 2014, 12:09   #134
isildurx

yes because they were good to start with
Unread 25 Dec 2014, 12:31   #135
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Why not just make viper target FR t1 and DE t2, and change the FR accordingly?
Dump the WF and give pegs the same init?

Unread 25 Dec 2014, 12:37   #136
isildurx

no thanks, makes cath too good and the best defships are supposed to be out of roiding class
Unread 25 Dec 2014, 12:38   #137
isildurx

im not sure im gonna bother changing around on the zik DEs, so if a third person wants go put his stats on the betaserver then fine by me
Unread 25 Dec 2014, 13:17   #138
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
no thanks, makes cath too good and the best defships are supposed to be out of roiding class
I dont see how that will make cath CO better, having more roid class ships fireing at them makes it worse?

Unread 3 Jan 2015, 12:50   #139
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Paging Influence to thread #200677. Influence to 200677.
sorry I have been out over the past few weeks, kinda enjoying my last few days of 'PA-retirement'. Also, due to having been retired for a round my brain forgot how to interpret stats it seems so i could not say anything cool on the subject. Thank you for paging me tho.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 13:43   #140
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
sorry I have been out over the past few weeks, kinda enjoying my last few days of 'PA-retirement'. Also, due to having been retired for a round my brain forgot how to interpret stats it seems so i could not say anything cool on the subject. Thank you for paging me tho.
I was responding to:

Quote:
i know where your coming from though, not so sure if we are a minority , but just the ones with not enough influence
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 20:23   #141
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Zik still seems weak and only really has the Cutlass going for it. The Pirate is nice but it's off class. DE and CR are pretty weak, and this in turn affects their partners in Ter DE and Cat CR.
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 20:38   #142
isildurx

How is the Rogue not a good ship?

Yes Zik aren't the best race to begin with, but you got plenty of opportunities to steal yourself a good fico fleet and there's lots of options for faking imo.

As I said, I wasn't against changing the inits/targetting of the zik DE, but noone really made any big fuzz about it apart from one person.
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 21:19   #143
Patrikc

Quote:
How is the Rogue not a good ship?

Yes Zik aren't the best race to begin with, but you got plenty of opportunities to steal yourself a good fico fleet and there's lots of options for faking imo.
The Rogue's good indeed, it just doesn't make up for the rest of the fleet.

Quote:
As I said, I wasn't against changing the inits/targetting of the zik DE, but noone really made any big fuzz about it apart from one person.
I've seen numerous people make suggestions on changing Zik DE. Rather, find me one person that said Zik DE is good in its current state.
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 21:20   #144
Shhhhhhh

Zik CR looks fine?

Rogue beats all BS in init and has decent AC/DC.
Pillager beats Xan FR init wise, loses from ETD FR
Marauder beats Zik DE init wise, loses from Terran DE.
Sure theres some Obvious ships you use to def vs Zik CR, like almost any attacking fleet) but then teaming up with Cath CR fixes that. Not all attacking fleets even have the option to bring EMP along.
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 21:35   #145
isildurx

Quote:
The Rogue's good indeed, it just doesn't make up for the rest of the fleet.

I've seen numerous people make suggestions on changing Zik DE. Rather, find me one person that said Zik DE is good in its current state.
I proposed three options on what to do about zik de, hardly anyone cared either way. You can't come along complaining two weeks later. Even so, zik looks very playable to me, I'd strongly consider playing them if I do play.
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 23:53   #146
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I proposed three options on what to do about zik de, hardly anyone cared either way. You can't come along complaining two weeks later. Even so, zik looks very playable to me, I'd strongly consider playing them if I do play.
Pretty much everyone agreed Zik needed something. That included you yourself, I believe? There was just no strong preference for a specific change.
Unread 4 Jan 2015, 02:58   #147
Patrikc

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc, 12 days ago View Post
Zik had one thing going for itself, and that was the Cutlass. Zik DE sucked, Zik CR sucked (are we just going to ignore the fact that it's the only fleet that has 3 ST ships of which only one is good?).
Unread 4 Jan 2015, 10:12   #148
isildurx

I'm not disagreeing about Zik DE being a poor roidfleet, but every roidingfleets can't be great. It's very strong defensively.

I think Zik CR will do just fine, yes the Marauder isn't great, but if you team with a cath who's got lots of roach that shouldn't be a huge problem.

You've also got the option to steal/covop some bs pods and do cutlass -rogue - pillager - pirate which to me looks like a strong setup.
Unread 4 Jan 2015, 10:48   #149
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing about Zik DE being a poor roidfleet, but every roidingfleets can't be great. It's very strong defensively.

I think Zik CR will do just fine, yes the Marauder isn't great, but if you team with a cath who's got lots of roach that shouldn't be a huge problem.

You've also got the option to steal/covop some bs pods and do cutlass -rogue - pillager - pirate which to me looks like a strong setup.
This is where you either dont understand the basics of what is good and what is bad in stats.
If NO DE FLEET COMBO TER/ZIK TER/TER ZIK/ZIK CANNOT WHATSOEVER STOP A XAN/ETD FR COMBO how can it be good defensively?

Everyone but you seem to have noticed this GIGANTIC flaw in these stats.
Its not better vs FI, CO, FR, DE or BS.

Unread 4 Jan 2015, 10:52   #150
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Matter a fact, i dare you get what ever allie your into go for a DE setup and be sucsesfull with this