User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Feb 2014, 20:29   #101
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough
Re: r 5 5 mid round sumup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Why would I lie for an alliance that is five-six years gone? I can call mazzelaar here if need be but your "source" is wrong.

Firstly, 1up officers were not privy to political planning.

Secondly, Sid was renowned for being upfront and honest with all his dealings. If Subh really pulled out based on a rumour from a so-called officer then mores the pity on them.
Like when he played fake nicked as hc in wp?
Hi Forest!
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 00:00   #102
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post

From the smaller alliance's point of view, a friendly agreement with a much bigger alliance can make a lot of sense. You avoid incoming from a big fish, potentially avoid a scenario where a big hostile alliance treats you as a roid farm, and get access to targets you otherwise wouldn't without the kick back of being heavily targeted yourself. So they might be helping someone else to win, but they are protecting themselves at the same time.
I don't think this can be underestimated. While my 10-ish rounds involved in politics with Ascendancy can't really compare to your experiences in multiple alliance, for me steady smaller allies were always one of the most important factors. That and timing. Offer an alliance the right deal at the right time and you'll get what you want, while a week earlier or later the same suggestion would have been laughed at.

More than anything, pa politics seem to be moving in circles. All these fort naps and general avoidance deals without-using-the-wording-we-are-napped is mirroring a lot of stuff in the late 20's/30's. Nobody goes to war without trying to gain an advantage, block, counterblock, avoidance is all the same. There are no noble alliances doing things because it's fair, everything is to benefit the alliance. There never were either, it's a fairytale. But if you can sell it like that, of course that's what you do. Looks like Vikings have been able to this round.

If you look at it objectively, no alliance with 25% less members than the rest should ever be allowed to sit on top roid averages for the majority of the round. It's a major fail by the alliances with max members outside of Spore, who are obviously winning without pissing anyone off majorly. No matter what anyone says about ship stats, politics made that scenario happen and apparently it's accepted in hc circles now that an alliance is fat as long as they aren't going for the round win!

It reminds me a bit of the asc round with all the battlegroups banding together (I forgot the number). Back then alliances were bigger though, and we could roll up the smaller alliances fairly quickly once we got through the initial bullshit. Currently alliances like ND, HR, ROCK and even CT lack the ability to dominate those smaller alliances on their own.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 00:35   #103
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
I don't think this can be underestimated. While my 10-ish rounds involved in politics with Ascendancy can't really compare to your experiences in multiple alliance, for me steady smaller allies were always one of the most important factors. That and timing. Offer an alliance the right deal at the right time and you'll get what you want, while a week earlier or later the same suggestion would have been laughed at.

More than anything, pa politics seem to be moving in circles. All these fort naps and general avoidance deals without-using-the-wording-we-are-napped is mirroring a lot of stuff in the late 20's/30's. Nobody goes to war without trying to gain an advantage, block, counterblock, avoidance is all the same. There are no noble alliances doing things because it's fair, everything is to benefit the alliance. There never were either, it's a fairytale. But if you can sell it like that, of course that's what you do. Looks like Vikings have been able to this round.

If you look at it objectively, no alliance with 25% less members than the rest should ever be allowed to sit on top roid averages for the majority of the round. It's a major fail by the alliances with max members outside of Spore, who are obviously winning without pissing anyone off majorly. No matter what anyone says about ship stats, politics made that scenario happen and apparently it's accepted in hc circles now that an alliance is fat as long as they aren't going for the round win!

It reminds me a bit of the asc round with all the battlegroups banding together (I forgot the number). Back then alliances were bigger though, and we could roll up the smaller alliances fairly quickly once we got through the initial bullshit. Currently alliances like ND, HR, ROCK and even CT lack the ability to dominate those smaller alliances on their own.
Yes, the alliance limits needs to be raised. Without a doubt, this round is a proof of this...1

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 00:55   #104
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

If you look at it objectively, no alliance with 25% less members than the rest should ever be allowed to sit on top roid averages for the majority of the round.

It's a major fail by the alliances with max members outside of Spore, who are obviously winning without pissing anyone off majorly. No matter what anyone says about ship stats, politics made that scenario happen and apparently it's accepted in hc circles now that an alliance is fat as long as they aren't going for the round win!

Blocks are formed because two entities are going for the win, and if you start pissing off the smaller tags, they are just going to go to the otherside. Why should they involve themselves with your "war"?
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 01:16   #105
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think 'blocks' is a useful way to think about the current situation. The game is far too fluid and there are far too many agendas at work to think like that.
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 02:42   #106
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I would like to see smaller tags where possible to consider mergers
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 09:48   #107
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I would like to see smaller tags where possible to consider mergers
Some people do not want to play in bigger tags.
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 22:52   #108
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Some people do not want to play in bigger tags.
Why is this?
I would understand if they said that they want to play with their mates and what not.
This should be a warning sign to the admins to increase the tag limit.

Unread 12 Feb 2014, 22:58   #109
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Why is this?
I would understand if they said that they want to play with their mates and what not.
If smaller tags did merge it would give a demand to increase tag limits.
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 23:02   #110
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Some people want to play in small tags so the tag limit should be increased? What?

(Also, do you really have to crowbar your obsession with the tag limit into every single topic?)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 23:05   #111
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Blocks are formed because two entities are going for the win, and if you start pissing off the smaller tags, they are just going to go to the otherside. Why should they involve themselves with your "war"?
Guess who has a smaller tag this round ^^

ND has been blocked on this round, Apprime has been blocked on this round, neither is/was going for the win. Blocks often have less to do with the standings, more to do with personal grudges and who you can get away with making up a reason to put up next on the chopping block. This isn't a game where intrepid leadership is valued, in fact the more weaselly you are, the better in most cases.

Saying blocks form because of "two entities are going for the win" is a at worst a gross misunderstanding and inability to correctly assess political situations, and at best a simplification to sound clever on AD while trying to curry political favor for your own alliance.

I don't think there's a reason left that hasn't been used to block against an alliance in this game. #1 score/#1 roid count/gaining score fast/cheated/will be hard to roid later/hit our fort/hit our top planet/was rude to our HC/slept with my sister.. etc

In the end, attrition is the best way to attack anybody and it will always be at the root of this game for this very reason.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 23:12   #112
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Some people want to play in small tags so the tag limit should be increased? What?
Yeah, was wondering the same thing mz.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 23:53   #113
Clouds

Quote:
Why is this?
Because it can get too unorganised and messy as a fulltag. Some alliances (ie like my own) have an invite only policy, which means we will only take in new recruits if they have substantial vouches from core members. I have also spoken with other alliances, Zhil for example, who much prefers to run a smaller tag as opposed to a larger one.

We tried an open recruitment policy once, and suffice to say we shan't be doing it again due to trust issues.

Last edited by Clouds; 13 Feb 2014 at 00:13.
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 23:58   #114
Clouds

Quote:
Guess who has a smaller tag this round ^^

ND has been blocked on this round, Apprime has been blocked on this round, neither is/was going for the win.
NewDawn involved themselves into the block wars, and if you're big enough to block, you're also big enough to be blocked against.

Apprime on the other hand merely annoyed the other tags, ie with Faceless, made promises and didn't stick to them.
Unread 13 Feb 2014, 00:19   #115
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Because it can get too unorganised and messy as a fulltag. Some alliances (ie like my own) have an invite only policy, which means we will only take in new recruits if they have substantial vouches from core members. I have also spoken with other alliances, Zhil for example, who much prefers to run a smaller tag as opposed to a larger one.

We tried an open recruitment policy once, and suffice to say we shan't be doing it again due to trust issues.
Yes this is my point. If you cant work with big messy tags, you shouldnt have to.
Alliances like Viks who aint open to the public, and not wanting to train new players can stay the size they want to, and tags that are open the new faces should be allowed to recruit and train them.
Everyone wins.
Looking at this round big aint better than small tags

Unread 13 Feb 2014, 12:55   #116
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Ultores is an alliance for all. But not all can be Ultores.
Unread 14 Feb 2014, 20:18   #117
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In the end, attrition is the best way to attack anybody and it will always be at the root of this game for this very reason.
I'd say the best way to attack anybody in more recent history is to let someone else do it and get into trouble for it.
Unread 16 Feb 2014, 23:05   #118
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Spore lost thousands of roids yesterday, and Vikings also in the red.
This round is turning out to be full of action after all.
Any predictions who will turn out to be the winner in the end?

Unread 16 Feb 2014, 23:52   #119
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Norton will win!

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2014, 23:52   #120
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Two 44 planets allies are in front of the other 60-man alliances who started the rnd as contenders and still are far behind the current #1. How things can be uncertain at this point?
Unread 17 Feb 2014, 04:24   #121
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

considering how easy the current #1 alliance has had it this round im surprised they aren't further ahead.
Unread 17 Feb 2014, 09:54   #122
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
considering how easy the current #1 alliance has had it this round im surprised they aren't further ahead.
Clearly there has been rounds with more incs between the top two alliance than this one.
The stats and the fact that the current #1 alliance had an hard start of the round prolly is the answer to this..
Im sure come pt1177, Spore will have had the same amount of incs, if not more, than most allies have had in the past rounds.
Question is if Vikings have had it much easier than any other alliance?
Sitting in #2 for now, but im sure if they are just given a little bit of pressure they will be soon down to 5th again.

Unread 17 Feb 2014, 11:36   #123
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Sitting in #2 for now, but im sure if they are just given a little bit of pressure they will be soon down to 5th again.
Just a 7 Mi gap between #2 and #5 and a tag with less than 50 where every mistake counts to score. What an astonishing predictive ability you have.
Unread 17 Feb 2014, 12:57   #124
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I'm wondering where Clouds has those 16 5 mill score out of tag planets stored....
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2014, 16:03   #125
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Just a 7 Mi gap between #2 and #5 and a tag with less than 50 where every mistake counts to score. What an astonishing predictive ability you have.
Well their roidlead was quite big, i guess somethings didnt go all to plan for vikings once again.

Unread 17 Feb 2014, 16:24   #126
fortran

Quote:
Well their roidlead was quite big, i guess somethings didnt go all to plan for vikings once again.
Basic math still was showing that it was not enough (by far) to close the gap in the remaining time.
Unread 17 Feb 2014, 16:31   #127
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Basic math still was showing that it was not enough (by far) to close the gap in the remaining time.
Close the gap to what? To #6 ?
This round is far from decided in any directions

Unread 17 Feb 2014, 16:58   #128
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
There was a period where vikings got two or three daily gains to catch spore. In the past couple of days its slowed for whatever reason. Today they are losing ground so its even more difficult for them.
Unread 17 Feb 2014, 19:18   #129
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
There was a period where vikings got two or three daily gains to catch spore. In the past couple of days its slowed for whatever reason. Today they are losing ground so its even more difficult for them.
Apprime were fat and they hit Apprime with their pals, then Apprime ran out of roids for them so they decided to go to war with Spore, which wasn't the brightest of plans.
Unread 19 Feb 2014, 12:22   #130
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Apprime were fat and they hit Apprime with their pals, then Apprime ran out of roids for them so they decided to go to war with Spore, which wasn't the brightest of plans.
Ye, seems that wasnt the smartest move in history!

Rumors have it that Norton Airways has calibrated alot of structures at a certain top gal last days, since their needs was so special

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2014, 13:26   #131
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbe View Post
Ye, seems that wasnt the smartest move in history!

Rumors have it that Norton Airways has calibrated alot of structures at a certain top gal last days, since their needs was so special
I heard this rumor also!

Moral of the story, don't piss off an alliance that isn't playing for a rank.

There goes Vikings planet/gal win.
Unread 19 Feb 2014, 14:05   #132
lokken
BlueTuba

This is a really great round with the potential for a dramatic finish. Spore are like a breakaway rider in the tour de france being chased by the peloton. Any neutral with appreciation for the game would be rooting for them at this point. Obviously their current position is difficult but not insurmountable IF they keep their heads and have the motivation to keep playing in the face of roid losses (which become less relevant as the days go by). The question is whether the other alliances let them get too far ahead. Odd to think a round 55 would be a classic, but it really is. I can't pick a winner with just over 9 days to go.
Unread 19 Feb 2014, 15:29   #133
SoulS
-HotLipS-

SoulS is on a distinguished road

Hah, there's always a competition of amount of incs :-p "My ally is better because we faced more incs, but are ranked higher!"

F e ally A may have had 3 000 incs during the course of the round. Ally B had only 2000. If ally B had 1500 fleets over 4 days (f e), it's likely they hemorrhage roids. Whereas ally A who had it divided over a longer timespan cover incs continuously. Result is ally A gloating due to this. These things are never directly reflected properly in the #s given out by PA crew after round.

Would be interesting to see graphs showing inc-peaks with total amount of incs day-by-day, both total amount of fleets and waves.

A small digression: It's suggest in posts above that Viks had an easy ride. In total - who knows how it'll look, but I know they have an insane concentration of incoming fleets past days. Arguably Faceless had the easier ride so far :-p Looking down the top ally ranking, most of those allies had more and less severe beatings.

R 6 - Olympus
R 7 - Skipped
R 8 - Adelante
R 9 - ViruS, 38:10:7
R 9.5 - RaH, 40:5:9
SoulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2014, 16:12   #134
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulS View Post
Hah, there's always a competition of amount of incs :-p "My ally is better because we faced more incs, but are ranked higher!"

F e ally A may have had 3 000 incs during the course of the round. Ally B had only 2000. If ally B had 1500 fleets over 4 days (f e), it's likely they hemorrhage roids. Whereas ally A who had it divided over a longer timespan cover incs continuously. Result is ally A gloating due to this. These things are never directly reflected properly in the #s given out by PA crew after round.

Would be interesting to see graphs showing inc-peaks with total amount of incs day-by-day, both total amount of fleets and waves.

A small digression: It's suggest in posts above that Viks had an easy ride. In total - who knows how it'll look, but I know they have an insane concentration of incoming fleets past days. Arguably Faceless had the easier ride so far :-p Looking down the top ally ranking, most of those allies had more and less severe beatings.
Does it really matter who had most incs, at what point etc.

Whoever wins does so because they did something less shit then the #2 alliance.

Where this is DCing, attacking, playing naptarion or whatever.

Point is, you usually become #1 because you either did something better, or the rest performed even more poorly then you did.

And as always - getting all incs in a short period of time usually is better then semi big incs all the time :-D
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2014, 17:30   #135
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
Does it really matter who had most incs, at what point etc.

Whoever wins does so because they did something less shit then the #2 alliance.

Where this is DCing, attacking, playing naptarion or whatever.

Point is, you usually become #1 because you either did something better, or the rest performed even more poorly then you did.

And as always - getting all incs in a short period of time usually is better then semi big incs all the time :-D
Yes, constant incs all round is a nightmare for DCs, especially if it's the same person DCing all round. That DC soon tires out and the whole alliance soon tires out. This is what separates the good alliances from the bad. (Or rather, the hardcore from the relaxed and chill alliances)

I know I cba waking up in the middle of the night everyday for the whole round to send defence.
Unread 19 Feb 2014, 17:37   #136
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yes, constant incs all round is a nightmare for DCs, especially if it's the same person DCing all round. That DC soon tires out and the whole alliance soon tires out. This is what separates the good alliances from the bad. (Or rather, the hardcore from the relaxed and chill alliances)

I know I cba waking up in the middle of the night everyday for the whole round to send defence.
Ye, fair enough.

But does it really matter, do you win #1 extra much if you can say you had most incs?

Aim of the game is getting most roids, while having as little incs as possible.
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2014, 18:37   #137
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
Ye, fair enough.

But does it really matter, do you win #1 extra much if you can say you had most incs?

Aim of the game is getting most roids, while having as little incs as possible.
It's best to win by avoiding incs and doing little work.

It's the most high iq way.

Nothing clever about working hard for the same result, just means you dont have the brains to get others to do the hard work for you
Unread 20 Feb 2014, 19:01   #138
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
It's best to win by avoiding incs and doing little work.

It's the most high iq way.

Nothing clever about working hard for the same result, just means you dont have the brains to get others to do the hard work for you
"Avoiding" incs is not something you choose to do or dont do.
Vikings manage to stay clear of a lot of incs even though they had the highest average for 3/4 of the round more or less, but then they decided to change tactic.
If it was to "avoid stagnation of the round" or if it was surely, to go for the first price, i do not know.
What ever they did, the alliance below them, wich they had been roiding all round decided to take back their roids, and was able to crush Vikings in two Nights of attacking.

Now Spore had some incs early on, and not so much incs mid round, and incs in the later stages of this round.
Ofc most would rather see that they had no incs, but by now i think id rather die trying than going down the Vikings road, where it seems like they arnt defending at all.

Unread 21 Feb 2014, 07:39   #139
Clouds

Actually, it was 4-5 alliances hitting a 40 man tag, it was not "Apprime" who crushed Vikings alone.

And I find it quite amusing how every round you have this hard on for Vikings. Maybe get over yourself. I don't see anything being said for Faceless, who either scooped in at the last minute and took the left overs or just galraided.

To answer your question as to why Vikings decided to hit Spore, it was because we didn't want to stagnate the round; Spore were running away with the win, and Ultores hardly had any proper support all round. You're just whining on AD because you've had it easy for the most part of the round, and you're only just experiencing proper incoming.

And Vikings are not defending at all anymore because we cannot take on 4-5 alliances as a 40 man tag, it's pointless and it's bashing.

Apprime only had Vikings+ROCK on them for a period of 5-7 days where Faceless scooped in at the end. The reason why Apprime couldn't even take on two tags was because Xan is seriously flawed due to Tia's broken stats. If it were any other round, then Apprime would've coped just fine.

It's been an interesting round, but I think Tia's stats have demoralised a lot of players, and I don't see a lot having the motivation to play next round.

But hey Bitcher, I'm sure I can get a full tag next round and troll Spore. That should be quite entertaining. :-)

Last edited by Clouds; 21 Feb 2014 at 21:06.
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 08:14   #140
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I hear an awesome dude is making great stats for next round, you should give it a go.
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 08:16   #141
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I hear an awesome dude is making great stats for next round, you should give it a go.
Hasu made a set? Sweet!
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 08:54   #142
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Actually, it was 4-5 alliances hitting a 40 man tag, it was not "Apprime" who crushed Vikings alone.

And I find it quite amusing how every round you have this hard on for Vikings. Maybe get over yourself. I don't see anything being said for Faceless, who either scooped in at the last minute and took the left overs or just galraided.

To answer your question as to why Vikings decided to hit Spore, it was because we didn't want to stagnate the round; Spore were running away with the win, and Ultores hardly had any proper support all round. You're just whining on AD because you've had it easy for the most part of the round, and you're only just experiencing proper incoming.

And Vikings are not defending at all anymore because we cannot take on 4-5 alliances as a 40 man tag, it's pointless and it's bashing.

Apprime only had Vikings+ROCK on them for a period of 5-7 days where Faceless scooped in at the end. The reason why Apprime couldn't even take on two tags was because Xan is seriously flawed due to Tia's broken stats. If it were any other round, then Apprime would've coped just fine.

It's been an interesting round, but I think Tia's stats have demoralised a lot of players, and I don't see a lot having the motivation to play next round.

Buy Hey Bitcher, I'm sure I can get a full tag next round and troll Spore. That should be quite entertaining. :-)
I dont know where you see me whineing, im not blaiming Viks for hitting Spore.
It was just natural. Where you doing it to win? Or to destagnate? I have no clue, but the later would seem to be the obvious reason to me.
If you think its lame by whoever is keeping hitting you i tend to agree, that must be demoralizing than any stats set.
I dont know why all alliances basicly is hitting two tags only, not for roids but for troll.
im sure your more capable telling me that than any other.
I hope you do start a full tag next round, if it is to troll Spore or any other alliance then be it.

Unread 21 Feb 2014, 09:02   #143
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
I dont know where you see me whineing
Pick any post you have made in the last 5 rounds.....
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 10:44   #144
Blue_Esper

I hope faceless win this round, they've played the best.
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 16:34   #145
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Buy Hey Bitcher, I'm sure I can get a full tag next round and troll Spore. That should be quite entertaining. :-)
I would join the ally solely for this reason!

By the way, didn't the first 'war' begin with Spore/CT/ND (1st/2nd/3rd) choosing to block vs Ult (5th)? Somone was mentioning earlier top contenters will war each other to go for top spot, but this round has seen 1st and 2nd spend the entire time bashing those they have not 'napped', and ND fail miserably when the anti-block had to be formed to retalliate.

Point with this is, the round could have been even more interesting if said allies did not block together at the beginning of the round, just to immediately take one out of contention for the entirety of it.

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 16:53   #146
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Point with this is, the round could have been even more interesting if said allies did not block together at the beginning of the round, just to immediately take one out of contention for the entirety of it.
You should know by now that ND/CT/Spore are in bed together every round.
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 17:57   #147
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Without disagreeing to your post: ultores has the reputation to keep fighting untill the end. A few rounds ago they were bashed at the start and still ended up winning near the end of the round beating CT and FANG.
From that perspective people see Ultores as the main competater and dont want to give them a flying start.

Atleast thats what I can conclude from what has been happening this round.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 18:47   #148
lokken
BlueTuba

Well ultores made a move (hit CT) where if they were successful, they would have dominated the round. Spore intervened as they saw an opportunity to stop that, which is just common sense. Looking at it, spore's situation is infinitely superior to one where they had done nothing. It's not as if vikings or faceless were ever going to do anything. All they seemed to care about is getting fat.
Unread 21 Feb 2014, 19:03   #149
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
You should know by now that ND/CT/Spore are in bed together every round.
You could say that Vikings and Spore is in bed every round aswell.

Unread 21 Feb 2014, 19:26   #150
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
You could say that Vikings and Spore is in bed every round aswell.
You could stop saying 'every round' as well. Spore has only been an alliance for 3 rounds out of 55 and only a full competitive tag for 2 of those. Vikings has played 3 or 4 rounds now too and this round were severely under tag.

I dont think you can call them 'in bed' with each other either, they may have attacked on the same side a few times but i am under the impression they have also gone at each other too every round.