User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:31   #1
[ND]Kar

[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice
Multi-Class Targetting

" Each ship now supports up to 3 targets. The ship will fire at their first target class first. After all the possible targets have been killed, any ships that have not fired will fire at their second target (if one is there) with 60% efficiency. If all of these ships are killed, then the remaining firing ships fire at their third target (if there is one) with 30% "

Please, DO NOT GO BACK TO THIS!! That is the one change that I have absolutely loved about the pax changes, was the single class targetting of ships. Someone has to agree with me on this, eh?
For me
And I'm Feeling Good
[ND]Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:34   #2
[ND]Balor

[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Multi-Class Targetting

Agreed. When I heard about this change it made me question if I even wanted to muck around with the game. I mean I understand that this was the way the game was when there were a huge amount of players, but everything is made so much easier and more fun with single ship targeting. Please refrain from going back to the old ways. I never did like the old targeting system anyways.

If you want more players, just let Killmark bring his bot armies back. Just kidding.

But seriously, I do not like this decision at all.
[ND]Balor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:36   #3
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Personally I'm looking forward to a change of pace, regardless of how this changes the game.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:39   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I think it'll be fun.

As zebra said, it'll add a nice change of pace and add some variety, making attacking more dynamic and interesting to figure out exactly what to hit your target with.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:41   #5
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

sounds like fun

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:46   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

got mixed views on this but I do eagerly await the stats
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:49   #7
[ND]Kar

[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice

I suppose I should see stats before completely disagreeing with going back to multi-class targetting, but I have to say I can't picture a great outcome from this (imo).
For me
And I'm Feeling Good
[ND]Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:55   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

How is this adding to the "pace" of the game?

Hilarious.
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 23:55   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not sure who decided this but they deserve a punch in the face.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 00:04   #10
[ND]Balor

[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about

Just when I started to get a hang of the new style of PA they start going back, bwahahah. I guess I'll make the best of it, but I'd really like targeting to stay the way it is.

P.S. Wouldn't adding to the pace of the game be something like lowering ETAs? The game will still take as long etc. =D
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 00:12   #11
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Might make things a little more interesting. Instead of sending just a few ship types to attack a target, you might have to send more if the defender has secondary/tertiary ships targeting your attack fleet. We might actually see people losing some of their fleet whilst attacking instead of having minimal risk.

Things have become very stale recently, it might add something new back into the game.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 00:19   #12
Satyr

Satyr has a spectacular aura aboutSatyr has a spectacular aura aboutSatyr has a spectacular aura about

Low init races (cath/xan) ftw! Unless secondary and tertiary shots will have a higher init to make up for the "advantage"
Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 00:19   #13
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, but i'm for getting back multi-class targetting. Even class1|class2|ALL (like the Pegasus and Tarantula, etc, from good old days)
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 00:21   #14
toivo

toivo is on a distinguished road

I love this change. IMO single class targetting makes things too easy and simple.

Thank god im not a DC
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 00:29   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is stupid beyonds words, so I won't bother wasting any more.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 00:59   #16
The PK
i also havent heard of me

The PK is on a distinguished road

This is indeed a horrible idea. Only 2 rounds in and I can see a major problem with it. Those who get on top early wont have the holes in there fleet that smaller people can punch through on. I heard they were changing the combat system to this, and I've been praying ever since that they don't. Can we get a vote on this? Seems to me to be the major problem, that not enough feedback from the community, why not have people who used a credit last round get to vote on whether or not to change this and then youll get community feedback from people who are active and playing(instead of people who are just active on forums :P).

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
The PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 01:49   #17
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
How is this adding to the "pace" of the game?

Hilarious.
Who said anything about adding to the "pace"? You took a common phrase too literally while changing the part that was meant to be literal.

I'm glad you found hilarity in an unlikely place.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 03:17   #18
[ND]Balor

Zebra, I respect both your black and white stripes, and agree with what you say about pace. What does pace have to do with it?

Although PA is a marathon, not a sprint. I do think that multi-class targeting allows for people to get out front and stay out front much more easily. Maybe I am wrong, rnd 9 was so long ago. But I really do believe that single class targeting allows for strategies where one of a lower score can find ways to hit bigger planets more easily.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm good at being wrong. But hey, just my opinion.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 04:59   #19
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Mixed feelings on this new system:
We will see more accidental fleet catch or fleet trapped in base... (and more people quitting the game -or losing interest- after a heavy loss).
The problem is not from the multi targetting itself, but from the fact that only ships which haven't fired in T1 can fire in T2. Meaning people will send more ships on smaller targets... welcome back bashing (not that it was gone...).
On the other hand, big planets attacking with their whole fleets will be more open to retals...
I'm surprised PA is going for a T3, it seems like players will be able to build less different ships... but i wish good luck to the people in charge of making stats.
Good or bad in the end, too early to say, but it surely will be interesting to work out the best race to pick.

big question (already asked): will the init be the same for a ship or will its T1-T2-T3 have different inits ?
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 05:13   #20
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

lame... a step in a backward direction.
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 05:46   #21
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Ill wait for the stats to give a definite judgement, but I have to say im not convinced its the right way to go.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 06:34   #22
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Wow, another decision done in the cabinets.

edit: **** you all, **** you
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 06:50   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't really see why this change is gonna help the game, or make the game better in any way.

To be honest, this "move" has the smell of desperation hanging all over it. Bringing back a "dear old favourite" to attract more ex players.

To use an example from popular culture: Chef Ramsay of the tv show Kitchen Nightmares is always warning about making things to complex for customers, like having a big menu with over 20 different meals, which is exactly what I think the PA-Team is doing with this move.

I also think that it most likely wont attract any more "old" players back to the game. Most of the old people I know that came back to the game didnt start either crying or yelling where is my multi target ships. (They more complain about the cargo ship being gone)

It will also make the job of a dc AND a planet attacking a lot more difficult, and while that might be good for some of the bigger nerds who loves a very complex matrix to get everything, it will most likely not attract Joe Average.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 07:20   #24
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

how does it make the job of a DC more difficult, he now has more def options, and as long as the calcs are loaded with the proper engine, whats the problem
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 07:25   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

As i said, it makes the job more difficult for both parts. And most likely that more ships are needed to fully cover an attack because of the various targeting options a ship will have. I think it will become more apperant when the stats will be released.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 08:25   #26
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Im looking forward to it.

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 08:28   #27
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

you bunch of whiney bitches.. this in my eyes is a actual DECENT change for once. Theres a lot more to think about when attacking and defending and will bring back some old skool tactics. Im all for it.. i expect the people moaning are the ones who are used to putting sweet FA effort into playing nowerdays.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 08:35   #28
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Good luck making a decent set of stats with the added complexity and five races, looking in the past few rounds I'm not too confident on the success.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 09:22   #29
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

well this is certainly a bombshell !

For once in pa history i can say with certainty that not one of us was expecting 3 ship targeting back ever .

For those who think it will make the stats harder to make up, remember this , there is more room to manouvere with extra firing, so deficiencies in the races can be made up for with T2 and 3.
I look forward to seeing the stats.

Wether it is a good idea or not i reserve judgement on.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 09:35   #30
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
For those who think it will make the stats harder to make up, remember this , there is more room to manouvere with extra firing, so deficiencies in the races can be made up for with T2 and 3.
Given all targetting is in percentages of the fixed damage ships have, overpowered ships will have influence on alot more ships than they currently do. And given there will be more options to target certain classes, chances are more loopholes in the stats are introduced than fixed.

That said, i personally liked the multiple targetting in the past, but i'm not too sure on how it would cope with the fixed damage and armour ratings (weaponspeed, agility, guns, power, armour allowed for alot more tweaking options to try and balance out certain ships and targetting). One thing it will surely do is have a big impact on play styles. With the decreased player base i wonder how the extra defensive options will assist in keeping the game enjoyable. Never landing attacks ain't fun, but it might not be terrible in the sense that we might see more battles with losses on both sides rather than one. I'm a bit sceptic, but not completely negative towards to change.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 09:55   #31
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

if PA can't come up with decent ship stats for one vs one combat, how on EARTH will they come up with decent stats for one vs multi?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 14:36   #32
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Mass xan fi/co ftw!
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 14:42   #33
Kenny

I'd put money on the round being won by a pia boy.

Maybe Ministry (if they play) will have a better round? This should be familiar territory to them.

(NB: No I haven't been reading the forums and so have no earthly idea who's playing and who's not.)
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 16:11   #34
[ND]Balor

It's definitely going to take a while to get used to this again.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 16:14   #35
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Lets bring back a FI with anti all 3rd targetting
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 18:01   #36
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Lose with single class, lose with multi targeting. its all good.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 18:09   #37
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

great decision
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 18:31   #38
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
great decision
Alki says it's great, do we really need any further proof that this is a bad idea?
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 20:21   #39
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

salvage ahoy
people need to start being prepared to lose ships in their attacks, there won't be a lot of "clean" breps anymore.
Also the terms flak and cannon-fooder will be widely used.
At this stage in the game, any change is good change. It can't get any worse can it?
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 21:01   #40
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

guess ill be xan or cat next rd , assuming they dont screw up the stats more than usual

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 21:09   #41
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

zik FI/co pods maybe? that should also make the round nice
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 09:25   #42
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

AWESOME! just fking awesome. about time we get this back. missed it for years.

Finally I can play without worrying about nubs coming at me with MASSES of 1 class, and roid me, when I m 100 times bigger than them.
Thsi also makes more options, and u actually have to have a clue to attack someone. not just mass.

Before looking at stats, I love the idea. OLDSKOOL FTW! lets remove prelaunch, and add 3 ticks of roiding while we are at it?! plz?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 13:45   #43
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

gets my thumbs up, as long as ships dont have to have three target classes (IE only T1, or T1+T2) should make attacking/defending more interesting and a bit more random.
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 15:36   #44
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
At this stage in the game, any change is good change. It can't get any worse can it?
yes it can...just look at PIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Before looking at stats, I love the idea. OLDSKOOL FTW! lets remove prelaunch, and add 3 ticks of roiding while we are at it?! plz?
Please do! as well as bring back scanning for roids
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 15:40   #45
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
^^

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 19:36   #46
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I've taken a step back from development recently, so I wasn;t invovled in the decisions on this, however I think its a good thing.

For a start its more realistic and as lame as it sounds I do like some semblence of realism. The other big benefit I see is that new players who don;t really know what they are doing will be better covered defensivly which is good. To counter that though attackers will feel as though they need to use more ships to avoid losses - this is bad and removes the benefits. However, we do have XP which rewards hitting bigger planets and taking losses - perhaps now is a good time to increase the importance of XP slightly to promote people's willingness to loose ships.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 19:39   #47
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

increasing the importance of xp can never, NEVER be a good thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled

Last edited by Wishmaster; 24 Oct 2007 at 19:46.
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 19:47   #48
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

You've got to be kidding me. Now I might have to use a bcalc :'(

And as for oldskool, let's remove the different races and bring back eonium as fuel and my battleships-who-I-could-not-afford-to-launch. Oh, and throw in some proper thieves aswell.
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 20:57   #49
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As I said before, this is an absolutely shocking idea. Changing to single-class targetting was great because it made it possible for people with small value fleets to roid people with bigger fleets. This was much more difficult under muti-class targetting. You're removing skill by doing this - the only thing that's more complicated is combat itself, and any credible player will just use a battlecalc.

It'll all end in tears.
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 21:29   #50
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
For a start its more realistic and as lame as it sounds I do like some semblence of realism.
Oh I agree that its more realistic than single class targetting, but Im not convinced that its fully needed at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
perhaps now is a good time to increase the importance of XP slightly to promote people's willingness to loose ships.
As fun as r16 was, lets not repeat it in a pay round

This will likely hurt me more than help, I live on attacking above me, in many cases way above me, though there might be more of a sense of accomplishment if I actually cap from those planets with this system in place.

Only thing left to say is Ill be looking forward to beta

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote