User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: What happens next
Continue ticking 189 41.81%
Rollback 2 ticks 79 17.48%
End Round10 now 184 40.71%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 16:54   #151
auther pendragon

auther pendragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Planetarion Ticker: what happens next

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeN
Ending the round like this with no pre-warning is bullshit!

I am sure Eclipse and the people in the top gal think this is a very good idea, but that is not how to end a round.

There is still much to be done and like it said to the hooker last night: I didnt pay to get stopped before I was done.
think youll find the delete closed planet option deals with the #1 gal situation

they cant roll back cos they cant find fudge or mrbrick otherwise the fang cheat wing fiasco wouldnt have happened ( a 1 hr rollback would have sorted that nicely wouldnt it)
so your left with 2 options

carry on and ofc shaft those people that lost shedloads of fleet due to no fault of theri own who will probably quit and not come back

stop the game were 2030 ticks now which is longer than any other round to my knowledge

or simply keep the (s)ticker stuck till january and lets all have a bloomin holiday
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:17   #152
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont want another rollback, we've had 2(?) already this round. Continue ticking or just end this nightmare now. I have nothing to gain or lose either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:19   #153
Damocles

Damocles is an unknown quantity at this point

How about making a decision on when you will make a decision???
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:30   #154
nukemz
speedrounds are fun

nukemz is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Planetarion Ticker: what happens next

this round i havent been as active as usual, free planet, check in 3-5 times a day,and im ranked around 7k,im enjoying the round but its getting a bit boring for me,so i say end the round in one to two weeks so giving notice for all the alliance wars and stuff like that,then go havok over christmas that would be best imo :lol:
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 19:19   #155
Nero_x

Nero_x is an unknown quantity at this point

The round has been god from where I am sitting.. Let the people have their holidays in peace... Get some sleep and some quality time with family and GF/BF`s....
And for those not having any, go get one, actually goes for me aswell....
An oath has been sworn
By Praetorians of The IX Legion
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 19:26   #156
Tawg
the Mantis

Tawg is an unknown quantity at this point

the fact that this is actually happening means i wont be playing r11 or any round after that

You know the mantis ledgends? thats where it all started. It was fighting of this black bird, it was only a 10th of the birds size. it was a very valued insect. and thats why the technique needs a brave man and a strong one, who isnt afraid of birds.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 19:29   #157
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

quit this shitty round now plz. thnx.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 19:52   #158
fuz

fuz is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't bother me that much that pa goes down etc.. the thing i find annoying is the complete lack of info from pa-team! you can at least give us a eta for decision to be made! so we know when to check up again..
will there happen anything today? tomorrow? next week? what is going on? share your knowledge with us please.. don't act like it's classified information.. and if you have absolutely no idea when you're going to solve this problem, at least tell us so.

thanks

fuz
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 20:15   #159
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point

pa-crew

info NOW!!!
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 20:34   #160
marker2

I'm sick of the pissing about in this game, either kill it or get on with it, flip a coin or something just GET ON WITH IT.

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 21:08   #161
gelf
Walet Inspector

gelf is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Planetarion Ticker: what happens next

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2
I'm sick of the pissing about in this game, either kill it or get on with it, flip a coin or something just GET ON WITH IT.
My thoughts also !
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 22:23   #162
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

There are still a few days of playtime, as Christmas holidays begin for most on the upcoming Friday and this should be enough for a continue/announcement/proper end of round. Perhaps if used well the players would forget that the game isn't ruled by chaos, and the only thing random would be the Universe setup.

Alliance related crap removed - JC

Last edited by JC; 14 Dec 2003 at 13:43.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 22:35   #163
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
There are still a few days of playtime, as Christmas holidays begin for most on the upcoming Friday and this should be enough for a continue/announcement/proper end of round. Perhaps if used well the players would forget that the game isn't ruled by chaos, and the only thing random would be the Universe setup.
if this whole issue isnt hurrying up we wont see a tickstop at xmas.

BS removed - JC
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by JC; 14 Dec 2003 at 13:45.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 22:57   #164
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why is this even being debated?

If Elysium win only due to sudden recruitments, they'll just be a laughing stock to the majority of players. If they want to win through this method, then let them. It will only harm their reputation and taint their round.

Just hit the FAnG planets ffs, they are hostile. Elysium has no right to protect so many hostile planets due to pending recruitment (there was never any pending recruitment deals inplace when I was HC that was for sure- it was more a goodwill gesture) Goodwill in this case wouldnt happen since its recruiting a significant amount of HOSTILE planets.

Shame on you Elysium if you are indeed recruiting FAnG top planets just to win. I expected more from you.

PS: I do not speak on behalf of Eclipse. I speak as a Fury Executive so suck on it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 23:42   #165
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Let R11 come to us

No more shit... I MEAN PaX ... soz for the wordmistaking. didnt mean to *cough* *cough*

R11? More of a R4/5 sort plz

Community for community - join #PA
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 23:43   #166
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can we keep alliance flaming off this thread and allow for ppls thoughts on the topic?

Yeah thx!
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 23:45   #167
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

*seconds what Stew said*

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 23:56   #168
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this poll thing is just something to keep us occupied until they have finished rnd11...
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 23:59   #169
Deviant

Deviant has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'd like just to remind people that this poll will not decide what happens, only help decide... there is a suprisingly high amount of arguing going on...

Deviant initiative - join #Deviant
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 00:00   #170
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant
I'd like just to remind people that this poll will not decide what happens, only help decide... there is a suprisingly high amount of arguing going on...
Whats is there to argue about? if you have the possibilty to rollback then just do it..
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 00:07   #171
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventh
Whats is there to argue about? if you have the possibilty to rollback then just do it..
Couldn't agree more
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 00:15   #172
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

its just an entertainment for them, just watch them sit back whilst everyone argues in here :P

Unread 14 Dec 2003, 00:23   #173
Uthor
Peon

Uthor is on a distinguished road

Why worry about a roll back, it will probly cause more problems and the server will crash again and we all sit around again for several days waiting for someone to make up their mind and fix it. Just start the game up give us a 2 weeks notice on the end and let's just get it over with. Then the PA team can start their codeing or what ever they gona do for R11....
O_o
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 00:31   #174
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthor
Why worry about a roll back, it will probly cause more problems and the server will crash again and we all sit around again for several days waiting for someone to make up their mind and fix it. Just start the game up give us a 2 weeks notice on the end and let's just get it over with. Then the PA team can start their codeing or what ever they gona do for R11....
O_o
If they cant do a rollback without ****ups, they shouldnt even thinking about starting a new round..
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 00:53   #175
Epcylon

Epcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of light

Is it just me who thinks that with the amount of rollbacks this game has had, someone should have taken notes on how to avoid the bugs by now...?
[R12]: HR free-pe0n | [R13-]: HR pe0n

Last edited by Epcylon; 14 Dec 2003 at 00:59.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 01:32   #176
Purm
nobody

Purm is an unknown quantity at this point

Roll back if possible, if not or not within 1/2 days, continue the game. I didn't work my ass off this round to see it end like this. I wanna end my pa-career with bang; I got some scores to settle.......
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 02:03   #177
Freedom
Howling Rain

Freedom will become famous soon enoughFreedom will become famous soon enough

I'd like official EOR stats to be given out and then anyone that wants to play can play how they want - casually or seriously. After two weeks of this sort of play we could then move onto havoc, have a nice New Year and then be greeted with some interesting Round 11 =)
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 02:05   #178
Ugleb

Ugleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to repeat myself, I bored with rollbacks and downtime, and no longer really care about my planet. We've replayed entire days of this round in rollbacks, and we've sat around for days on pause. I don't see the point of the game being on hold for days just so we can play the last week or so. We're so close to the end now I consider the game to be as good as over. All that's left is for a few people to try and manipulate the rankings to getter a slightly higher result in the dying moments.

As R11 seems to be in no immediate danger of appearing, we might as well do something interesting, such as a speed or mini round. R9.5 was one of the most enjoyable I've ever played, and I've been here since R3.

As the game is screwed up, why bother putting it back together so it can stumble over the finish line? As we're going into havoc anyway, let's do something interesting. At the time of writing 41.6% of us just don't give a damn about this round going on. We want to move on to something fresh.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 02:32   #179
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugleb

At the time of writing 41.6% of us just don't give a damn about this round going on. We want to move on to something fresh.
only 41.6%??

i think you put the . in the wrong place :lol: :lol:

Unread 14 Dec 2003, 02:48   #180
street9009

street9009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando
only 41.6%??

i think you put the . in the wrong place :lol: :lol:
I don't follow you here. He's right if I'm looking at it correctly. If I am looking at it correctly, you are ignorant sir. If I'm looking at it wrong, I'm ignorant sir.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 03:01   #181
Kamme

Kamme is an unknown quantity at this point

I say we continuing ticking and the game! i payd hard working money on this round! I am a student and I cant afford with much , but I saved and workt hard to save money to pay for this game to play so PLEASE keep it going! :tree:
Kind regards
Kamme
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 03:01   #182
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by street9009
I don't follow you here. He's right if I'm looking at it correctly. If I am looking at it correctly, you are ignorant sir. If I'm looking at it wrong, I'm ignorant sir.

dont worry you aint ignorant :lol:

he is

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 03:06   #183
street9009

street9009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
dont worry you aint ignorant :lol:

he is
Thats what I thought, lol. Thanks for the confirmation.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 03:24   #184
PhantTheAwesome

PhantTheAwesome is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG this is taking too long.... PAteam make up your fkin mind and do something
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:03   #185
Hathor
Goddess

Hathor is an unknown quantity at this point

They will wait till European Monday to make a comment,.
They are out Christmas shopping, dining, drinking and being festive without a care in the world. Afterall they don't play PA ,so why should they care when we are told or what their solution to this dilemia will be.
It's only us diehards that are missing out.
Maybe we should start a book on when they'll get round to looking at the situation.
My vote is after the New Year when they have eaten their fill, drunk to extreme and have nothing better to do.
{forgot to proof read :P}
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:04   #186
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point

Stop the ticker finally, end the round and give us a free round 10,5 with old stats, e. g. r4.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:07   #187
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Can we keep alliance flaming off this thread and allow for ppls thoughts on the topic?
Yeah thx!
Thirded.
Salt, Focht and co feel free to head here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt
Some of us are just tired of the round and have no desire to continue playing regardless of who wins or loses.
If you don't want to continue playing then don't. But why spoil it for those that do? (that was too easy)
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 07:38   #188
dex007

dex007 is an unknown quantity at this point

So after reading all the posts made here, it would seem that there are some that fear they have something to lose should the round continue. Also there are some that are actually bored and have nothing better to do than spam this thread. Answers will prob come in CH on Monday. But in my oppinion they should just have left the game running once the prob was solved and be it as it may consequences are consequences. You cant get a roll back if you launch an attack and then your Ip fricks up and you lose your ships. Why should this be any different? Stuff happens in games and you just have to pick it up from where it is. To all those that have had enough, bugger off and let us that actually like to, play the game. If the game has grown stale for you, leave it to someone else or just let your planet delete. Stop whining in the forums and find something else to do. There are some of us that like to play the game whether we are in the top 100 or not. If you got too big so fast that now the game is boring and you can't do really anything but send defence now and then, tfb, there are some that are actually trying to catch you, and though it is an impossiblity, there is the fun of trying to better yourself from where you are. Whining in forums isnt going to make it anymore interesting for you. Like they say its lonely at the top, and it would appear quite boring as well.

My 2 bits. And Merry Xmas to all

dex007
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 07:41   #189
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

mjrTorspo is an unknown quantity at this point

the #planetarion topic actually says this thread is the place for latest info? could you stop joking and let us continue with the round already?
From: Phil (1:1:7) Subject: you know Sent: Thu Apr 29 15:46:54 2004
this is verging on farming, you know perfectly well i have to run fleets. attack again and i`ll give serious thought to investigating you to see who else you farm, and possible close :P
Phil^

mjrTorspo - cheating ely scum
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 09:26   #190
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor
They will wait till European Monday to make a comment,.
They are out Christmas shopping, dining, drinking and being festive without a care in the world. Afterall they don't play PA ,so why should they care when we are told or what their solution to this dilemia will be.
It's only us diehards that are missing out.
Maybe we should start a book on when they'll get round to looking at the situation.
My vote is after the New Year when they have eaten their fill, drunk to extreme and have nothing better to do.
{forgot to proof read :P}

or perhaps they are giving those who say stop now a taster of life without it for a few days...
btw i voted carry on.. and i'm one of the poor people who had an attacker land .. my attacker lost most of what it sent and i got well and truly ******** (cos i told the DC doing my defence 20% will do me, dont cover it , hindsight is wonderfull thing isnt it :-) ), i'd prefer roll back but i'm also fairly happy with just continue.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 10:09   #191
Dexter2003

I don't know about anyone else, but losing 2 ticks is hardly tragic. I say we fight on!!!!!!!!

Unread 14 Dec 2003, 10:21   #192
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex007
But in my oppinion they should just have left the game running once the prob was solved and be it as it may consequences are consequences. You cant get a roll back if you launch an attack and then your Ip fricks up and you lose your ships. Why should this be any different?
Simply because when the game it self is down, it affects everyone. (see the difference?)
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 11:02   #193
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Hmm.. so.. what i think is on everyones minds is this poll going to go on forever or is there a final end date for this?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 11:11   #194
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

I think we should play more. Round wasnt over jet, these things what happend = PA. The game is played that way, face it.

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 11:54   #195
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

:sleigh:

who cares nemore tbh?

:nuts:

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Unread 14 Dec 2003, 12:56   #196
Darky

Darky is an unknown quantity at this point

wtf, you wanna let this poll run till x-mas or what? just restart the ticker or announce the end of the game ffs, even you should be able to do a simple announcement, this waiting for what will happen suckz even more and i´m sure lots of players quit over this again
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 13:20   #197
Solmyre

Solmyre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_So-Low
I would agree with dabult, lots of people probably want that ending that is expected. Also if you want the round to end then obviously you don't like playing planetarion at the moment. Most of you have said this round has screwed up way too much anyway, so if you want the round to end...end it yourselves by quitting now and come back in Round 11 and let us idiots who want to keep playing this round, kill your planets ships and take your planets roids. You will still get your havoc, you'll just have to wait an extra week or two.(like expected)

right awn brutha. Quit 'cho bitching and leave, rather than wreck the "fun" for the rest of us.

Last edited by Solmyre; 14 Dec 2003 at 13:25.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 13:56   #198
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Right.

First of all apologies to everyone for allowing this thread to be taken completely off topic by a few individuals. I have been away for 24 hours or so and it seems as though i am the only mod keeping tabs on this thread :/.

Dreadnought - thanks for starting all the trolling which has wasted roughly 40 minutes of my life to clean up.

Stifler - dont feed the trolls

Xtothez, Heartless, Focht, Salt and anyone else that was posting alliance crap in here - go over to AD if you want to wank off about how good your alliance is, dont derail this thread.

Edit:

**** it, you can go find yourself a new account Dreadnought.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 14:05   #199
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

we paid for the remaining 1,5 weeks. I suggest either let the ticks just keep rolling without rollback -or- giving an extra week of havoc (or maybe two rounds )
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 14:18   #200
Premier98

Premier98 is an unknown quantity at this point

HAVOC HAVOC at least somting fun is happening...all this mess making ppl quite anyway so lets do the HAVOC and end this round......yehh i know the round aint over ...vut iam used too never finnnish them dont look like we are finnishing any rounds....HAVOC HAVOC