User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Oct 2005, 13:42   #1
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve
Question Buddy List

i dont need to really explain this idea as it is self explanitary but i think a buddy list would be helpful to contact your ingame mates. it would be based upon there login details and use there alliance tag as a name rather than planet name so u cant hunt your mates down and destroy them. it would be especially nice to keep contact with your mates and have the list transfered over to the following round.

the buddy list could look like this

Buddy name Email Last online
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
john doe [email protected] 1hr 23 mins ago

physco1 [email protected] NOW

just something as simple as that would help keep ppl in contactt i would show this better if i was able to produce a table

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 14:06   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Buddy List

Umm, there is the Journal in which you can add people's contact details (planet name or co-ords etc) so you can remember who is where, and people in your Buddy Pack are displayed on the Preferences page.

If you are suggesting a wider 'circle of friends' type thing, then having the last time they were logged in wouldnt be the best idea, as some of your mates might be in enemy alliances (i know that many of mine are) - so telling them your online details isnt the best idea.

A system that tracks your mates over various rounds could be implemented in the long awaited Passport system that may actually get coded now that Kloopy is around alot more - and that might be a better place to put it (ie, away from your planet).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 14:35   #3
madman2k30III

i did try searching for buddy lists and couldn't find it so i created this thread do u know if it was approved?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]

Unread 22 Oct 2005, 04:38   #4
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

the idea has merit, for a buddy pack/list, as long as those contact are not targetting you back.. :-)

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 08:58   #5
madman2k30III

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop1964
the idea has merit, for a buddy pack/list, as long as those contact are not targetting you back.. :-)
thing is this list wouldn't give out your co-ords planet name or ruler name it would just be based on your email address so that it can be transfered from round to round. ppl would never know your online or where your located to target you

[F-Crew]

Unread 22 Oct 2005, 12:02   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

send an e-mail? drop them a PM? MSN? AIM? SMS?

If you really wanted to keep in touch, there are hundreds of ways to do so.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 20:01   #7
madman2k30III

arfy i got to say i hate ppl like you who try and make a point about the simplest of things to implement as being stupid. this is actually 1 of my first good ideas i have come up with. but it would be nice to mail ppl at the begining of the round to see how things are going instead of using IM or SMS i have a few ppl on my msn list but i cant be bbothered to talk to them on there when i got irc.

[F-Crew]

Unread 22 Oct 2005, 23:14   #8
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

But there is no real benefit to it. The best galaxies I've been in, where I meet people I actually want to keep in touch with, I still idle in the channel we used. Or a friends channel. Or I know where to find them.

Perhaps I was being rude or cynical or whathaveyou, but there are much more important things to be implemented than a buddy list, especially seeing as there are so many forms of communication out there.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote