User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 16 Aug 2011, 00:55   #51
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about
Re: Round 43 Stats Thread

What I meant was, it´s not advisable to guard against every possible fleet on your own, you will end with too may different ships, with 200-300k value stacks. worthless to attack and defend with, since majority of the competing universe will mass few ships, and most likely run you over both attack and defend wise.

So screw the damn vipers, with an E/R of 90 just mass pegs, cath players needs to think about bees also, so unless you´re ganged upon, I wouldn´t waste time on phoes.

Same with the investor, an Etd attacking will certainly bring tzens along, so spreading to the CO class will only cripply your overall chance of avoiding value loss - and The CO is worthless in attack.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 18:43   #52
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

jesus....

harpies - pure def

20% syren 50% wyvern 30% dragon

that is basic pa come on!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 21:22   #53
Killeah
Old Skool

screw the harpy, useless ship waste of resources, ingal def pegs, 2 or more BP/allied , or PL
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 21:53   #54
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

have you seen harpies?? best efficency in the stats - plus you can alliance def

pl is ok but not a practical way to cover fi/co incs - plus cath vipers prett ymuch go 1 for 1 with pegs so wont be hard to emp them - harpy is a far better ship choice just due to the numbers you can build and the fact it doubles up as fi flak
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 23:41   #55
Killeah
Old Skool

Calcs with harps vs. pegs against mixed cath/xan, comes out pretty much even. So except for the uni eta it really isn´t a better ship, what the harp have in D/C, the peg has in E/R.

What is worth thinking about is the amount of beetles vs. vipers one is going to face, and the viper is btw 1/2 on pegs

As for flak, the pegs do just a good job as the harps along dealers,clippers, shadows.

I´ll rephrase my initial rant against the Harpy - I think that the universe will end up with less De targeters than Fi targeters, especially in attack fleets. So even though the Harpy is fine as it is, stat wise I find the peg a better choice for the new player who needs to protect his 175 roids at tick 175.

Now stop arguing kai, and go do your ingame quests
Unread 17 Aug 2011, 07:58   #56
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Harps are better for faking than pegs, just fyi.

If you are a selfish bint or lone player then do pegs, if you are an alliance player then do harps. Simple innit.
Unread 18 Aug 2011, 04:46   #57
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Even lone players should go Harpies, because there won't be any De in their gal to flak for Pegs. And there will be plenty of Fi.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2011, 15:20   #58
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

everyone just go xan , would be interesting round

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2011, 18:48   #59
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

seems everyone is going xan from the misc page... i assume this is when appoco realises his error and says 'doh!'
Unread 19 Aug 2011, 19:23   #60
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinon either etd or ter should have had a ship that fired before the spectre :\
Unread 20 Aug 2011, 05:33   #61
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Oh Isildurx, you silly goose.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2011, 08:57   #62
isildurx

hmm?

edit: oh right, the broadsword, didnt notice that.
Unread 22 Aug 2011, 07:00   #63
Kolla

Kolla is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
In my opinon either etd or ter should have had a ship that fired before the spectre :\
broadsword has for Etd

well at the start Syren was T1 Bs T2 Cr but apocco thought that anti De was more important than anti Cr for Ter
PA is dying come on¡¡¡ recruit more people
Kolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2011, 07:12   #64
Kolla

Kolla is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
seems everyone is going xan from the misc page... i assume this is when appoco realises his error and says 'doh!'
5 ships with low init for his Fi/co fleet
4 ships for his Fr/De Fleet

his only weakness is Bs

omg xan`s war
PA is dying come on¡¡¡ recruit more people
Kolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2011, 13:44   #65
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

weakness is bs??? spectres rape terran bs ....
Unread 4 Sep 2011, 18:21   #66
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

actually i would say we might approaching a worrying scenerio....

Its looking like were getting to the point where Xans attacking ability is dying out - due to the ease of covering them....

But on the same token Xans are quite hard to attack as they provide a nice flak base for defenders...

Does this mean we will end up with stalemate about tick 500?? with Xans as a majorly defensive force due to there now apparant attacking weaknesses making defensive coverage a lot easier for alliances due to Xans 'faking' ability...

Someone said that Eksero's alliance was pure Xan.... if this is true what does this mean for them????
Unread 4 Sep 2011, 18:23   #67
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have no idea if what you're saying is correct. Assuming it is, isn't this what always happens with Zik? Why would it be a "worrying scenario" when the same happens with Xan?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2011, 21:00   #68
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

But Xan is the best race !!!!1111`````oneoneone
that's why the whole universe went it.

A lot of players went it, forgetting that the best race to stop Xan is ... Xan. And with so many Xan fleets around, Xan defence is just so common. I'm not really all that sad to see that lots of players went the same race and are now finding problems because they didn't want to be original
Unread 5 Sep 2011, 01:51   #69
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post

A lot of players went it, forgetting that the best race to stop Xan is ... Xan. And with so many Xan fleets around, Xan defence is just so common. I'm not really all that sad to see that lots of players went the same race and are now finding problems because they didn't want to be original
All this really means is teamups are needed to hit xans. The alliances that went heavy Xan are in trouble, but the ones that were more prudent and mixed in cath/etd/zik will do fine. Xan is a really strange race this round, I must admit.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2011, 08:12   #70
isildurx

Xans will just have to do a lot of lolteams, send\resend etc.same as every round.
Unread 5 Sep 2011, 15:55   #71
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

It just means they dont know how to play the race if they are struggling already

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2011, 11:08   #72
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

stats like this are crap for new players who dont have lol teams at thier disposal
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2011, 11:51   #73
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We got it, you Rickrolled the universe!!! Kudos.
Unread 9 Sep 2011, 15:04   #74
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:

isnt it nice to find something good - when u have totally failed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
stats like this are crap for new players who dont have lol teams at thier disposal
seconded

stats like these don´t help with makin the game accessible to a wide range of ppl - on the contrary they are the reason no one new keeps stickin around

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2011, 16:12   #75
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Attack oriented stats ftw every time!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2011, 21:19   #76
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wise words (though like all of that kind, not to be taken to extremes (hello round 16)).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Sep 2011, 07:58   #77
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

You failed with the stats in making pure Xan a viable strategy for an entire alliance to go, like you were warned when you were making them. Xan can def well vs. anything and that's reason enough, as they can always cross-escort and make lolwaves.
Unread 11 Sep 2011, 15:19   #78
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Xan aren't really that good unless they have an attack partner with Vendor or Beetles.
Unread 11 Sep 2011, 16:55   #79
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

tbh at least theres alot more explosions and pew pew this round
Unread 12 Sep 2011, 16:18   #80
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
tbh at least theres alot more explosions and pew pew this round
Tbh that only seems to be bc people are oversleeping and crashing a lot.
Me included
Unread 2 Oct 2011, 03:37   #81
steveopotamus

steveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm not really all that sad to see that lots of players went the same race and are now finding problems because they didn't want to be original
I think holding people to a standard of originality in selecting one of five available races was a doomed venture from the start...
steveopotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2011, 08:03   #82
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Have a good design for the stats

Dont make stats so defensive
Unread 4 Oct 2011, 09:23   #83
Henrik

Henrik is an unknown quantity at this point

I told appoc prernd that xans were to good, would he listen? no.

But tbh with 45 xans t100 i think it speaks for itself, when only 32% of uni went xan - the only reason its not pure xan's t100 is due to ND and DLR going CR/BS rush - and it worked out for the first 400 ticks and then they died.

And the new salvage system is ****ed up, retarded that small planets steal 90% of salvage.

If a small planets def a larger planet(t20) the big planet cant defend (if you wanna keep value)
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2011, 15:10   #84
isildurx

single-targetting next rnd plz
Unread 4 Oct 2011, 15:47   #85
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
single-targetting next rnd plz
thumbs up.. PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE do something to make it even a bit more interesting fs
Unread 4 Oct 2011, 17:39   #86
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I predict this is how it will go:

*people asking for single targetting*
*someone pointing out that you can have a bit of both: most ships with 1 target, some with multiple*
*full multi targetting stats*
Unread 4 Oct 2011, 21:04   #87
isildurx