User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 23 Jan 2003, 17:54   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
more Word help :(

I've got a word document that needs to be stuck up as a webpage but when i go to the webpage preview it makes the text fill the whole screen horizontally, is there anyway to stop it doing this without going all through the source and editing the table widths or whatever?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 17:56   #2
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
dont use a ****e program to make webpages
notepad all the way
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 18:08   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
constructive post, ta

someone handed me a few word docs and said 'put this on the web, thanks' so i assumed i could just use word's own web page thing to do it but it doesn't seem to be working

once i've done this i need to tell the other people in the group what they need to do to get theirs the same, as as none of them know html saying 'open up notepad and edit the code' isn't what i'm after
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 18:10   #4
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
constructive post, ta

someone handed me a few word docs and said 'put this on the web, thanks' so i assumed i could just use word's own web page thing to do it but it doesn't seem to be working

once i've done this i need to tell the other people in the group what they need to do to get theirs the same, as as none of them know html saying 'open up notepad and edit the code' isn't what i'm after
frontpage?
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 18:16   #5
Ragnarak

just pasting it into frontpage messes up the rest of the formatting and anything more complicated than that i suspect will be too complicated

i just need to find out how to stop word making the text fill 100% of the width
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 18:21   #6
Ragnarak

"In Web layout view, you can see backgrounds, text is wrapped to fit the window, and graphics are positioned just as they are in a Web browser."

it's the text being wrapped to fit the window i want to stop, anyone know how?
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 18:37   #7
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
Try copying + pasting the whole word document into a table, and modifying the width of that table. I doubt changing the margins/indents will help much.
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 18:49   #8
Ragnarak

margins had no effect on webpage view

sticking into a table just screws up the formatting

nm, i'll think of something
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 19:09   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Open up the HTML code, and put in this somewhere between <head> and </head>. Replace the 20 with any value which makes it look good etc.

Code:
	<style>
	  body {margin-left: 20%; margin-right: 20%;}
	</style>
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 20:41   #10
Ragnarak

ta leshy but in the end i just made a html template that they can paste into that retains the formatting