User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 23 Jan 2003, 00:49   #1
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
Correct Temperature?

I have this program that came with the a7n8x dexluxe motherboard called Asus Probe 2, it tells you the temperture of the cpu, motherboard, fan speeds etc. Anyway it bios there is also a temperture monitor except the 2 say completly different things! i.e I'll check Asus Probe 2 and it'll say 37c for the cpu temp, then I'll check in bios and it'll be around 50c! I'd guess that its the program that lying is that likely? also can anyone recommend a good working monitor program?

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 00:58   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Hrm.... usually the Bios is correct.

Try a diff program.... like SiSoft Sandra?

Sandra and Bios match up for me. ANAL PROBE thingy I had for my old KT133 was accurate though.

A monitor program would be MBM5 though.

What HSF and CPU are you running again?
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 01:01   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
shadow id listen to asus probe.

i have a hardcano unit which measures temp and the sensor has been placed at the bottom of the heatsink. the temp its showing atm is 46.8 degrees and asus probe is reading it at 50 degrees dead.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 01:36   #4
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
why would the bios be wrong though? I'd have thought the bios would be more exact than a windows proggy

p.s NEVER get artic silver, I just put it on as a replacement for the thermal pad I used to have and theres 0 difference. I've heard it can take awhile to set completly but somehow I doubt it'll change anything

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 01:46   #5
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
you probably put too much on and its now insulating your cpu from the heatsink

cue thermal death.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 19:38   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MT
you probably put too much on and its now insulating your cpu from the heatsink

cue thermal death.
MT with the positive view!
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 20:45   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Don't trust Asus Probe, it's ****e (ie. it lies).
The BIOS reading is correct - as is the reading you will get with MBM5. For some insane reason, Asus Probe gives the temp on my A7V333 about 5C higher than it should be.
Some hardware website (can't remember which one sorry) I read did a test with thier own thermal probe and found that the BIOS on the A7V333 was giving the more accurate reading. I don't know if this is the same on your board, but it's still Asus so the same may well apply.