User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Dec 2009, 17:04   #151
Firebird

Re: Round 34 officially over

Just to add as an app mem i will hounestly say i dont care who gets #1. Well as long as its not the gangbangers who get it. I would happily let ASC run away with it as long as we continue to keep hitting the block.
I mean seriously 5 on 1 what did you think was going to happen.

Peace out!!!
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 17:16   #152
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
the "if we hit Ascendancy then Apprime win for sure and vice versa so let's hit vision" logic
Yes, that's what happened!

It sure had nothing to do with vsn actively hitting our gals/planets.
It sure had nothing to do with vsn planets doing that from within our own galaxies.
It sure had nothing to do with vsn cooperating with app/asc in trying to FC our members.

I think it was more the case of singling out the weak link in the block. (And yes I do think that when you are napped to Apprime, avoiding their gals and thereby hitting app-enemy gals heavily, and joining in on fcs means you are part of the block, how anyone can even think otherwise is beyond me)

Next to that it is indeed between app/asc this round. Altough ND has had quite a remarkable round they seem to lack the quality to get #1. Euph/DLR just don't have the numbers to get that top tag and with Subh folding the possible achievements of the block kinda diminished.

And fs do I hate crashers they sooo spoil the fun
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 17:25   #153
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
Yes, that's what happened!

It sure had nothing to do with vsn actively hitting our gals/planets.
It sure had nothing to do with vsn planets doing that from within our own galaxies.
It sure had nothing to do with vsn cooperating with app/asc in trying to FC our members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
Well we had 3 options:

-Continue to slowly grind down Ascendancy at 4-5% a day (outcome: Apprime win)
-Do the same to Apprime (outcome: Ascendancy win)
-Take the free roids on offer from Vision (outcome: Ascendancy and Apprime both still in the picture for the time being)
I'm sorry for taking what was actually said at face value.

Quote:
Next to that it is indeed between app/asc this round. Altough ND has had quite a remarkable round they seem to lack the quality to get #1. Euph/DLR just don't have the numbers to get that top tag and with Subh folding the possible achievements of the block kinda diminished.
Why only bother with the alliance ranking then! There are two other rankings there and plenty of different options besides!
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 17:33   #154
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Why only bother with the alliance ranking then! There are two other rankings there and plenty of different options besides!
Those two other rankings are generally reliant on the alliance rankings and without asc penned back, we would very swiftly see the clearing out of the t100 of all hostile planets and the rapid rise of the asc fortresses again. So just because the block are focusing on specific alliances, it doesnt mean that its objectives are to obtain the alliance win - as I believe everyone recognises that anything other than asc/app winning is highly unlikely. However your response does seem mildly sarcastic, but if thats the case then the post was somewhat moot in the first place.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 17:45   #155
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
How is Byrneys option 3 different then what I said? We decided to hit vsn and go for the easy roids which I said in: "I think it was more the case of singling out the weak link in the block."

I just mentioned a few reasons that brought vsn to our attention

Quote:
I'll take it you are referring to planet/gal ranks then

I do think we managed to kill of Tek when app recruited him (he was cruising to victory there along with the entire 1:4 galaxy that lost qutie some value due to landing the def there)

We went full out on 3:2 today knowing very well that wld result in a possible roidloss, but also roiding some potential topplanets.

We haven't considered grounding the blocks fleet for possible incs and retalls but have hit app/asc/vsn consistently, trying to get trough on the fortresses etc.

I do not think we blocked cause it'd mean less off a walkover and try to minimize damage. We have actively attacked with mixing success, defended where we could, and do have our goals ofcourse, altough beating alliance/app in alliance ranks kinda became impossible when Subh folded
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 17:53   #156
berten
respect, unity, order

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post
However your response does seem mildly sarcastic, but if thats the case then the post was somewhat moot in the first place.
oops, kinda missed that then.

Ah well, intonation is so usefull in these cases :s
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 17:54   #157
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How is Byrneys option 3 different then what I said? We decided to hit vsn and go for the easy roids which I said in: "I think it was more the case of singling out the weak link in the block."

I just mentioned a few reasons that brought vsn to our attention
How is that different to what I said? Obviously you have some other reasons that meant you hit VsN, I think this would be a slightly different conversation if you'd targeted xVx instead, but the essential point that you thought hitting Apprime and Ascendancy was hopeless, and that judging by the results of the last 2 days it doesn't exactly appear, to be remains.

Quote:
I'll take it you are referring to planet/gal ranks then
Or something else, as I said there are other options besides.

Quote:
We have actively attacked with mixing success, defended where we could, and do have our goals ofcourse
Really? What are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeylove
Those two other rankings are generally reliant on the alliance rankings and without asc penned back, we would very swiftly see the clearing out of the t100 of all hostile planets and the rapid rise of the asc fortresses again. So just because the block are focusing on specific alliances, it doesnt mean that its objectives are to obtain the alliance win - as I believe everyone recognises that anything other than asc/app winning is highly unlikely.
I'm sure, as soundly relieved as you are that your prediction that ND was still a second tier alliance seems to be holding up, that you can understand that I'm not proposing abandoning hitting Ascendancy or Apprime but merely readjusting the way in which you do so. That said I'm not here to do all the work for you and frankly I don't really care what you do. If you want to believe that means I have no ideas as to what you should do and that this is your only possible option in a universe just too unjust to live in then fair enough I think I'll survive. For the record today seemed a reasonable enough start though.

Edit: I wasn't being sarcastic. If the alliance rankings are beyond you okay, pick something different to aim for.
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 17:56   #158
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Comparing those two quotes is weak. There's no reason why they have to be mutually exclusive, and that's without even considering that the posters are from different alliances and can have different motives for the same action, without being contradictory.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 18:06   #159
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Comparing those two quotes is weak. There's no reason why they have to be mutually exclusive
I wasn't comparing those quotes. I was comparing my rather succinct summation with byrney's post. Now, fair enough, if you want to get into some tedious argument over "that's not really what he meant blah blah blah" but as basically as it can be put you hit vision because it seemed, to you/whoever the **** byrney was speaking on behalf of, like hitting ascendancy or apprime was futile. Regardless of the other reasons for hitting Vision, if that had not been true, ie that you felt hitting Ascendancy or Apprime was not futile, you would have continued to do so. This seems such a straightforward point to me that I'm unsure how to explain it further.

Quote:
and that's without even considering that the posters are from different alliances and can have different motives for the same action, without being contradictory.
Indeed, and if berten had posted his own reasons then fair enough. But he responded to me responding to byrney. So person X has reason Y for doing something and person A has reason B for doing the same thing and person Z comes along and says that reason Y isn't true, A can't respond to Z by citing his own reasons for that wasn't what Z was talking about. Either way, as I said above and as you seem to acknowledge, it's all rather irrelevant. I have to admit if you respond to this part of my post I'm probably just going to cry so feel free to ignore it.
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 18:09   #160
berten
respect, unity, order

Quote:
How is that different to what I said? Obviously you have some other reasons that meant you hit VsN, I think this would be a slightly different conversation if you'd targeted xVx instead, but the essential point that you thought hitting Apprime and Ascendancy was hopeless, and that judging by the results of the last 2 days it doesn't exactly appear, to be remains.
Edit: ok just read your other post, and it seems you did mean pointless, so You can let this one slide and we'll agree on agreeing
I think you must have misread what Byrney said.

Hitting app or asc has never been hopeless. We've always managed to roid them when we attacked them. (referring to the 5% roidloss part in Byrneys post)

Hitting vsn was just easier and ment our bigger planets had a higher chance on some good roids.

Now you could say we felt hitting asc/app was pointless at that time, but I think we'll both agree that hopeless != pointless.

Hitting vsn was our best option at that time as it did give us quite some roids, eliminated some high ranked players (well rather took away their possibility for T10), etc

obviously a few days later now things have changed again and we are back at hitting ASC/APP.

Quote:
Or something else, as I said there are other options besides.
Highest amp scanner ftw!!

seriously now avg score/size are obviously some nice to haves.

Quote:
Really? What are they?
eum, seriously?

was me lining out how we managed to stop some high ranked players, how we hit topgals that aren't ours not enough to bring you up to speed on this one?
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 18:18   #161
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I think you must have misread what Byrney said.

Hitting app or asc has never been hopeless. We've always managed to roid them when we attacked them. (referring to the 5% roidloss part in Byrneys post)

Hitting vsn was just easier and ment our bigger planets had a higher chance on some good roids.

Now you could say we felt hitting asc/app was pointless at that time, but I think we'll both agree that hopeless != pointless.
Good ****ing god. I apologise for my use of the word hopeless. I would have hoped myself (a hopeless hope no doubt) that everyone would have understood that I meant "hopeless" in terms of accomplishing whatever it was your goals were, or in other words a path not worth pursuing, or as you so wisely put it "pointlessly". Now that we've managed to resolve an issue worthy of at least an honourable mention in the halls of pointless pedantry I can only hope that we can move forwards together in joyous recognition that my vile defilement of the English language has been both punished and responded to with such fervour and sheer brilliance that such a moment will never come to pass again. Shakespeare himself smiles proudly in his grave.

Quote:
Hitting vsn was our best option at that time as it did give us quite some roids, eliminated some high ranked players (well rather took away their possibility for T10), etc

obviously a few days later now things have changed again and we are back at hitting ASC/APP.
It's all so horribly reminscent of a poorly played game of Wheel of Fortune at times.

Quote:
seriously now avg score/size are obviously some nice to haves.
I don't like those rankings at all to be honest. They're so horribly artificial. But fair enough at least it's something to aim for.

Quote:
was me lining out how we managed to stop some high ranked players, how we hit topgals that aren't ours not enough to bring you up to speed on this one?
I'd have been embarassed if that was the sum total of my strategy at any point I was involved politically. If you're not, fair enough, I'm sure we all play PA for our own reasons. I guess it explains why I find your actions so bewilderingly random.
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 19:44   #162
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

And here I thought you made your living on these forums largely nitpicking tedium and dishing out overly verbose insults. But as long as you call out others in anticipation of doing a similar thing, you nip em in the bud and win the forums (I can only see one other reason why you would do this besides being bored with PA and trying to turn AD into your new game). I cry every time you try to make your point (if you even happen to have one for that post) using those tactics instead of things like insight, which seem to be increasingly depleted in your arsenal of late.
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 20:02   #163
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
And here I thought you made your living on these forums largely nitpicking tedium and dishing out overly verbose insults.
You'd be wrong.

Quote:
But as long as you call out others in anticipation of doing a similar thing, you nip em in the bud and win the forums (I can only see one other reason why you would do this besides being bored with PA and trying to turn AD into your new game).
Who cares about winning a forum? I want to see good planetarion played, and yes that's an entirely subjective viewpoint and no I won't stop denigrating your methods if I don't find them sufficiently interesting.

Quote:
I cry every time you try to make your point (if you even happen to have one for that post) using those tactics instead of things like insight, which seem to be increasingly depleted in your arsenal of late.
It'd be fantastic if you actually had some original insults of your own. Well, not fantastic, but at least not so horribly depressing.
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 20:04   #164
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now, fair enough, if you want to get into some tedious argument over "that's not really what he meant blah blah blah" but as basically as it can be put you hit vision because it seemed, to you/whoever the **** byrney was speaking on behalf of, like hitting ascendancy or apprime was futile.
I never thought we hit Vision bc hitting Asc/App was futile. We hit Vision because they were the easiest alliance to break in the block. And tbh, i am still puzzled that as a block we have switched over to hitting Asc now, while Vision are still very much alive. Someone also argued that you can't really wipe out an alliance with the game mechanics. That is true, but you don't need to wipe an alliance out. You just need to hit them long enough so that they are not a big threat in terms of activity / firepower.
The goals of the "block" should be quite simple:
1. Remove either Asc or Apprime from contending for top alliance. (I know, neither Asc or App give a fk who ends first bc they are BFF, but we do :P)
2. Try to restore the balance in the top 20 galaxy ranking.
3. Get top planet and get the majority of the top10 planet rankings under our control.

I would like to see ND end up top alliance, but it's never going to happen. We can either drag Asc down, or App, and the alliance left standing will get #1.
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 20:24   #165
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

I like JBG's idea of going for something other than top Alliance. Let's all meet in some neutral location (Switzerland?) and fist fight. Last man standing wins.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 20:32   #166
Firebird

Quote:
Remove either Asc or Apprime from contending for top alliance. (I know, neither Asc or App give a fk who ends first bc they are BFF, but we do :P)

I cant see how u can have the choice of who wins all we need to do is remove members from tag and bang asc still win.
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 20:37   #167
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
2. Try to restore the balance in the top 20 galaxy ranking.
3. Get top planet and get the majority of the top10 planet rankings under our control.

/me gets popcorn and starts to watch the cleanup.
Should be a good entertainment hopefully.
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 20:54   #168
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
/me gets popcorn and starts to watch the cleanup.
Should be a good entertainment hopefully.
Everythings possible. We just roided a top Asc gal today, and even Subh is attacking again
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 21:07   #169
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Yes, congrats, you roided a asc gal using only 6 alliances.
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 22:29   #170
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Thank you, thank you
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 23:47   #171
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
I vote rearranging the rankings in terms of giving score for destroying fleet and capturing asteroids. I'm aware that this has it's blatantly obvious drawbacks (not the least a sort of a winner's curse), but I think it would move the game more towards being a war game and less towards being a fence management session.
Coincidentially, and before reading your post, I have just suggested that we should change the way score is calculated in, and I know Heartless feels the same way. This is not the place to discuss it, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
I cant see how u can have the choice of who wins all we need to do is remove members from tag and bang asc still win.
Are you really that desperate to lose? I mean, hell, I can understand that you have a particular interest in winning, but kicking people just to ensure some other alliance wins seems silly, since you appear to have nothing to gain by it, unlike Ascendancy had, a couple of rounds ago.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 00:30   #172
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I think there is a verb tense disagreement in this, and it's throwing me off. Do you suggest such a wedge was, but is no longer, possible? That would make the rest of the post a very recent history lesson. Or else this is predominantly talking about the present and future, in which case: on your re-read through did you gloss over all the app/asc posters in this thread? They all insist they could care less about winning the round, tag wise at least (they've already decided they get the block-moral-victory, and decided that's the one that counts this round).
My view is that given your situation (on one side of a block war, which is exactly what this is) you have two objectives:

1) drive a wedge between Ascendancy and Apprime
2) stop both of them winning.

I think 2) is far less likely now and while 1) is more difficult, it's not necessarily impossilbe.

Quote:
As for hitting vision, that wouldn't have been my decision but that doesn't mean I'm against it. They're in bed with the enemy, and it's not bad for them to know if they have roids worth taking, they're going to get taken. Two days of nice landings are also good for morale, especially when sandwiched by streaks of hitting the two best defensive allies in the round, who are also pooling defense.
When you're talking about raising morale, then you have a problem right there. Ascendancy pretty much wins rounds by keeping going in the worst of circumstances, because at the end there's a kind of long term benefit. Short term boosts are nowhere near as effective, as when the going gets tough again, morale just falls off a cliff.

Quote:
I find a dash of hypocrisy from those posters who claim this to be a block-war instead of tag-war round, and then insist hitting vision was the most retarded thing to ever happen in the past 34 rounds.
That's because there are two groups of alliances and two clear sides. I wouldn't even claim it's a block war, because quite simply, it's a fact. While alliance score is the only measure that's counted, there are two opposing factions trying to exert their military and political power over the other.

Quote:
They also seem to think that the block with ND in it should be doing everything they can to get ND the tag win, while their block should be (and is) playing under a different set of goals
If you think this is a block war, then helping ND to win should be SCEND's upmost priority, yes.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 5 Dec 2009 at 00:34. Reason: quote fix <3
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 02:22   #173
berten
respect, unity, order

Quote:
Good ****ing god. I apologise for my use of the word hopeless. I would have hoped myself (a hopeless hope no doubt) that everyone would have understood that I meant "hopeless" in terms of accomplishing whatever it was your goals were, or in other words a path not worth pursuing, or as you so wisely put it "pointlessly". Now that we've managed to resolve an issue worthy of at least an honourable mention in the halls of pointless pedantry I can only hope that we can move forwards together in joyous recognition that my vile defilement of the English language has been both punished and responded to with such fervour and sheer brilliance that such a moment will never come to pass again. Shakespeare himself smiles proudly in his grave.
hmz, I guess i shld point out that i edited my statement a full 10 minutes before you replied stating u cld let slip my remark about the hopeless/pointless thing as it was clear you actually ment that fighting asc or app was pointless.

[offtopic]
next to that. The difference between hopeless and pointless ain't at all trivial. With your wide spon replies on these boards i find it hard to believe you try to fight my point with a pointlessly difficult choice of words rather then replying to the points of my post. (Sorry, english is not my mother tongue and i had to read your shit more then once to get an idea of what u were trying to say)

If u can't put yourself in a position where the difference between pointless and hopeless is clear that really is your loss. I think i made it clear why this was a big issue for me by my post.
[/offtopic]

Quote:
It's all so horribly reminscent of a poorly played game of Wheel of Fortune at times.
Next time we decide who to hit I'll bring my dice. Seriously jbg, with all the posts you have on these forums u can't even come up with anything else then implying that we decide our movements by a flip of a coin? If you read my posts again without thinking about your next move to wtfpwn me in english literature you'd notice that I did give "a very biased" reasoning for the actions we took.

Quote:
I don't like those rankings at all to be honest. They're so horribly artificial. But fair enough at least it's something to aim for.
This one is really out of curiousity, and an honoust question. What does jbg think is worth playing for next to planet/gal/alliance rank + avg score/sie.

Just a final reply @ lokken

I do think everyone in "the block" was willing to put in 100% effort to get whoever had the best shot at #1. Sadly enough no alliance in the block is capable of facing app/asc. Some due to sheer quality, some due to lack of numbers, some due to folding, mostly tough due to the crashes we've been seeing.

Last edited by berten; 5 Dec 2009 at 02:30.
berten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 03:40   #174
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
hmz, I guess i shld point out that i edited my statement a full 10 minutes before you replied stating u cld let slip my remark about the hopeless/pointless thing as it was clear you actually ment that fighting asc or app was pointless.
I apologise then, I imagine I had loaded your post before you made that edit.

Quote:
[offtopic]
next to that. The difference between hopeless and pointless ain't at all trivial. With your wide spon replies on these boards i find it hard to believe you try to fight my point with a pointlessly difficult choice of words rather then replying to the points of my post. (Sorry, english is not my mother tongue and i had to read your shit more then once to get an idea of what u were trying to say)

If u can't put yourself in a position where the difference between pointless and hopeless is clear that really is your loss. I think i made it clear why this was a big issue for me by my post.
[/offtopic]
To be honest I would have assumed everyone grasped the situation isn't hopeless in the strong sense you seem to be using it. Hopeless in terms of accomplishing the objective of winning any war against apprime or ascendancy would be how I'd use it. Clearly I hadn't somehow missed the fact that you actually managed to roid apprime or ascendancy when you hit them. Now, given that you're not a native English speaker fair enough, maybe it appears to have a far stricter definition to you but I'm just not going to argue further when this point can be resolved by using a thesaurus.

Quote:
Next time we decide who to hit I'll bring my dice. Seriously jbg, with all the posts you have on these forums u can't even come up with anything else then implying that we decide our movements by a flip of a coin? If you read my posts again without thinking about your next move to wtfpwn me in english literature you'd notice that I did give "a very biased" reasoning for the actions we took.
I'm not implying you actually use a random number generator to decide on what to do. It's just that the results seem very similar. I'm not really that interested in the narrow short-term reactionary reasons you have either. I don't see any coherent strategy in play. If I had to guess at what is actually aimed for it'd be something pretty close to what lukey hinted at in his post, the preservation of a bunch of t100 planets in various alliances.

Quote:
This one is really out of curiousity, and an honoust question. What does jbg think is worth playing for next to planet/gal/alliance rank + avg score/sie.
Scaring your opponent. Destroying what he's working for. Making people emoquit. Usually I like to consider what I'm aiming for pre-round though.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 05:19   #175
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

imho its all quite sensible this round. The fact you people want to put the way you play the game unto others is fine, but pretty daft.

I think (think) that Euphoria's goal this round was mainly to do good, get a nice average, make people think highly of them, and prepare for a going for the win next round.

DLR's goals are highly similar as they are every round, altho I dont think they have the intention of going for the win next round.

Quality wise, DLR and Euph are just as good as Asc//Appr this round I reckon. Due to lower numbers however, neither ally had the intention or the possibility to go for the #1 spot. I say intention AND possibility on purpose here.

Its just plain retarded to suggest or even speculate that every ally in that block should want ND to win, or to drive a wedge between Asc and Appr. And those were the only 2 sensible options. Why on earth? The only ally in that block who stands to gain directly is ND. So every ally, CT, Subh, DLR, Euph should just go headfirst in making ND win, tbh thats easy, just crashland every battle where even defenders lose value after salvage.

Hitting vsn was a solid choice in my book, if only to get some roids for the members. Especially after quite the dry spell of hitting Asc for 4 days and gaining little to naught (this changed now tho).

And I do think DLR and Euph especially have been the best this round. Since they were on the offensive, whereas my block is always on the defensive side. We have been unable to make any real dents in DLR/Euph, whereas they have made considerable dents in us. And politics wise they have managed to do a better job then we did.

And its only due to numbers and skill that we Asc are on top atm, and Apprime follows shortly. Numbers over DLR/Euph and skill over ND/Subh.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 05:45   #176
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

If euph and dlr were so great, they wouldnt need 4 other alliances to fight the war with Apprime. If they were so great, they would be up there instead of asc and apprime. Heavily outnumbered, the smallest block will soon have the top2 alliances, thats winning, not losing.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 06:35   #177
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

basic math and reading are not one of your talents I take it.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 08:59   #178
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Making a point is, seemingly, not one of yours.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 10:08   #179
Firebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Are you really that desperate to lose? I mean, hell, I can understand that you have a particular interest in winning, but kicking people just to ensure some other alliance wins seems silly, since you appear to have nothing to gain by it, unlike Ascendancy had, a couple of rounds ago.
No the point i was maiking was to respond to the idea that the other side could pick and choose who were to win this roundis not one that can be made by the other side it is up to us and by us i mean ASC/APP and no other.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 12:09   #180
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
No the point i was maiking was to respond to the idea that the other side could pick and choose who were to win this roundis not one that can be made by the other side it is up to us and by us i mean ASC/APP and no other.
I highly doubt that either side would give up their win to the other, so it is very much in our hands.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 12:51   #181
Firebird

You have been out of channel to long to know what is going on in here.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 13:07   #182
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo View Post
imho its all quite sensible this round. The fact you people want to put the way you play the game unto others is fine, but pretty daft.
You're terrible at planetarion if you think this round is 'fine'.

Quote:
I think (think) that Euphoria's goal this round was mainly to do good, get a nice average, make people think highly of them, and prepare for a going for the win next round.
If you think you can win, just go and win it, don't piss around with preparation.

Quote:
DLR's goals are highly similar as they are every round, altho I dont think they have the intention of going for the win next round.
DLR pretty much play for their own entertainment and because they enjoy each other's company. Apart from that, their only aim is #2 average score as far as I can see.

Quote:
Quality wise, DLR and Euph are just as good as Asc//Appr this round I reckon. Due to lower numbers however, neither ally had the intention or the possibility to go for the #1 spot. I say intention AND possibility on purpose here

Its just plain retarded to suggest or even speculate that every ally in that block should want ND to win, or to drive a wedge between Asc and Appr. And those were the only 2 sensible options. Why on earth? The only ally in that block who stands to gain directly is ND. So every ally, CT, Subh, DLR, Euph should just go headfirst in making ND win, tbh thats easy, just crashland every battle where even defenders lose value after salvage.
The simple fact of the situation is this. Subh, DLR, Eup, CT, ND created this block to counter Apprime and Ascendancy, so they have to fight as one. If one of them doesn't win, they all fail. If one of them doesn't, they succeed. At the moment all they're doing is influencing who out of Apprime and Ascendancy wins, which to me seems to be effort for **** all benefit. Unless you enjoy just mindlessly hitting people for the sake of zero progression.

Quote:
Hitting vsn was a solid choice in my book, if only to get some roids for the members. Especially after quite the dry spell of hitting Asc for 4 days and gaining little to naught (this changed now tho).
If you were successful now, you probably would have been successful before, you just needed to keep going. This is exactly what I meant when I talked about staying power and morale before. Which, by the way, is why hitting Vision is a shitty choice. Achieves nothing, relieves pressure on the very thing you're trying to stop and only damages something of peripheral consequence to what you're trying to achieve here. Just because your side is suffering, doesn't mean that the opposition aren't either.

Quote:
And I do think DLR and Euph especially have been the best this round. Since they were on the offensive, whereas my block is always on the defensive side. We have been unable to make any real dents in DLR/Euph, whereas they have made considerable dents in us. And politics wise they have managed to do a better job then we did.

And its only due to numbers and skill that we Asc are on top atm, and Apprime follows shortly. Numbers over DLR/Euph and skill over ND/Subh.
You're on the defensive, as there are less of you numerically. The reason you're ahead of everyone else is because (being Ascendancy) I'd expect you to be a damn sight better than everyone else. I've been scathing about SCEND but it's not as if Apprime and Ascendancy don't deserve to get ripped into either. They've done absolutely nothing to change the situation, and seem to have settled for stagnation while sitting back and letting the opposition decide which one of them wins.

Are any of you actually going to try and win this round or what?
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 13:17   #183
Firebird

To answer that apprime's goal this rnd was to build a good strong core not go for #1 that goal remains. It is only due to the fact the block was formed that we have had to think and work allot more aggressively #1 Alliance is meaningless due to the nature no matter who wins it App or ASC neither would have succeded without each other so there for joint effort joint win.

Ps I aint forgotten about you Vsn guys ure not given enough credit u have done some good work flattening nd etc
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 13:55   #184
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
You didn't get it. Whichever alliance gets targetted by us should drop at least until 3rd rank, and in that case, if we target Asc, there is no point in Apprime dropping members, bc then the rank 2 alliance wins.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 14:01   #185
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And the point I'm making is that if the block dedides they want Apprime to win, and they manage to push Ascendancy far enough back to make that possible, that there's no way in hell Apprime is going to kick members in order to put a stop to that. There's a difference between keeping a nap with an alliance and doing everything to ensure that they win.

Similarly, just because your initial goal wasn't to win the round, that doesn't mean you shouldn't or wouldn't take it if the chance presented itself.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 14:09   #186
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Funnily enough, it seems Apprime are in love with Asc atm. They even seem to have forgotten Asc trashed them around last round. Maybe they are into S&M
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 14:26   #187
Firebird

The chances of ure abillity to knock asc down to 3rd are slim esp when u keep donating ships today Thankyou Rain. As for regards to last rnd it is in the past. It just seems ure trying to make our minds up for us when all we care about really is bashing the block which you have no control over
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 14:37   #188
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Funnily enough, it seems Apprime are in love with Asc atm. They even seem to have forgotten Asc trashed them around last round. Maybe they are into S&M
Or maybe they dont see the need to carry grudges from last round into this round , you know even a blind man can see your attempts to drive a wedge between asc and app but please continue as it's worth it for the comedy factor

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 14:58   #189
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Round 34 officially over

Quote:
Cardi with the gimp mask on saying....... more mistress.
Thats funny. Or at least I hope Asc isnt the Dominatrix

I do hope that APP do go for the win. Coming back to win from a 5 ally jumping earlier this round would certainly speak volumes.
That would certainly do a good bit for their PR.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 15:02   #190
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Or maybe they dont see the need to carry grudges from last round into this round , you know even a blind man can see your attempts to drive a wedge between asc and app but please continue as it's worth it for the comedy factor
Who would have thought that a fighting Irish would be saying just surrender to the mighter empire
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 15:28   #191
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
and asc also helped apprime win r32 when they switched sides in the block against apprime then
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 15:40   #192
JonnyBGood
Banned

This is truly cringe-worthy stuff. If I was on your side and actually had any intention of splitting apprime and ascendancy the last thing I would be doing is posting about it on AD, forcing everyone on either side to deny it. You're not weakening the bond with this retarded shit, you're actually strengthening it for god's sake. You've probably talked enough shit at this stage to ensure it sticks together for the last two weeks regardless so congratulations on at least accomplishing something

Personally I'd agree with duo, DLR and euphoria have played an excellent round. They've had their fair share of sickening crashes etc like everyone else. Putting them ahead of apprime quality wise is absurd though, you don't measure someone's quality by how they perform without that much pressure on them. It'd be awesome if somehow there could actually be a third force in PA beyond apprime and ascendancy for next round.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 15:54   #193
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I think Apprime and Ascendancy have always had a mutual respect, if only because they've been the only ones to consistently do well since round 27. While this doesn't mean they'll always be best buddies, it does mean that there's a much lower chance of one backstabbing the other.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 16:00   #194
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Personally I'd agree with duo, DLR and euphoria have played an excellent round. They've had their fair share of sickening crashes etc like everyone else.
I think I'd rate Euph over DLR, as after Subh DLR is easily the ally I have noticed crashing the most(2.7m value just a couple of ticks ago f.ex).

Euphoria, imo, has had it easier than DLR this round though, in that DLR have a few fortress gals, like Apprime and Ascendancy, something which makes them so much easier to hit than Euphoria(which is more spread out). Politically they have been very astute though.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 16:16   #195
JonnyBGood
Banned

I don't really like differentiating between "played an excellent round" and "had an easy round". You are what you've done in that sense, regardless of whether or not you might have accomplished something outside your normal range. It's a game of politics as well, if you're good at it you'll keep it up, if you just got lucky that'll be obvious soon enough.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 16:16   #196
Mzyxptlk
mz.

This is what I don't get: on the one hand we're making fun of people because they don't see the use of fortress galaxies, but on the other we're telling alliances that use fortress galaxies that they're easier to hit than alliances that don't. What's up with that?
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 16:25   #197
JonnyBGood
Banned

The uses of fortress galaxies are fairly straight-forward. To start with they clearly define your defence pool, you're never going to be told one day that sorry your buddypack has been told by their alliances that they can't defend you. However this is obviously only really a risk if you're playing for #1 as it rarely happens at a lower level. Leading on from that it clearly defines your stance in the game, we are here, hit us if you want but if you target our galaxy we might consider it the same as declaring war. In other words it becomes very difficult for anyone to just half-heartedly hit you and keep you pegged back. This, in turn, can prove to be extremely effective if you're not getting targeted. We had a few nights in r30 and 33 where we'd have virtually no incs and these were a massive bonus. Essentially it's a strategy to be picked if you expect to fight superior numbers for long periods of the round without much help outside your own alliance.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 20:35   #198
zebra
h3ll's angels

What did asc do this round before the past week? Gal raids and avoiding inc, except for a few nights when one of their top gals was hit heavy?
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 21:48   #199
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
The chances of ure abillity to knock asc down to 3rd are slim esp when u keep donating ships today Thankyou Rain. As for regards to last rnd it is in the past. It just seems ure trying to make our minds up for us when all we care about really is bashing the block which you have no control over
You are in some kind of alternate universe. If the block goes for Asc for the rest of the round, the chance of Asc ending #2 is zero. The only possible way for Asc to end #2 behind Apprime is if the block starts switching targets each night. We have no control over the top alliance, but we have full control over which alliance ends #2.
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 21:50   #200
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
You are in some kind of alternate universe. If the block goes for Asc for the rest of the round, the chance of Asc ending #2 is zero. The only possible way for Asc to end #2 behind Apprime is if the block starts switching targets each night. We have no control over the top alliance, but we have full control over which alliance ends #2.
You do realise that since you've started targeting Ascendancy again they have actually gained ground over ND due to all the crashes right? I'd doubt that Ascendancy would end #2 if you targeted them for the rest of the round but on current form it'd be a fairly close thing.