User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Oct 2003, 11:26   #1
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
All The Furious Angels Went To Heaven

You guys had a thread like this coming.

So what is going on? What kind of trick are you guys playing the rest of the Universe?!

Not that anyone believes you guys are disbanding.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 11:33   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: All The Furious Angels Went To Heaven

the same as all the other alliances in the top 10 are doing.... hiding members... smart move by fang/dragons if u ask me

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 11:39   #3
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Naaah, they just had ALOT of incomings!
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 11:50   #4
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Maybe that is not their fault, but the fault of fhaggish alliances in a certain block?

L-o-o-s-e-r-s
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 12:41   #5
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
Maybe that is not their fault, but the fault of fhaggish alliances in a certain block?

L-o-o-s-e-r-s

Any alliance blocking in this universe is "fhaggish" ;-)
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 12:53   #6
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

I wish they would prevent us from using this 'trick' of hiding true alliance size. I can't imagine it would be difficult and would propably require merely a few rows of code but I guess there are more important things to focus on.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 13:17   #7
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Dont think ill get to Heaven
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 14:53   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

i would like recruits to not get the eta advantage as that would at least cut back on score hiding.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 4 Oct 2003, 15:10   #9
Kestra

Kestra is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalVirtus
i would like recruits to not get the eta advantage as that would at least cut back on score hiding.
Then how are the alliances surposed to tell if that recruit is going to defend effectively or not to be moved up? A little hard to defend a lot when your lagging behind in ETA by not being able to have the bonus under recruit status people already have universe ETA's of 8 the only way to defend against that since it doesn't show up untill 7 is being under the alliance tag with the bonus. How do you expect recruits in alliance's to proove themselves if they can't make it to over half of the defense calls?
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 15:16   #10
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

1. the recruits needs to be shown as score
OR
2. the recruits shouldent have the eta stuff

its ghey the way it is atm, the top10 would be much diffrent if not
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 15:24   #11
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road

Supprised its taken so long for certain alliances to jump on this particular band wagon... smart groups have been at it since day 1.
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 15:32   #12
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Supprised its taken so long for certain alliances to jump on this particular band wagon... smart groups have been at it since day 1.
Well, Fang have been trying to play the moral-high-ground card, claiming "we're more honest because we don't use it". When they realised that it didn't work, and that most alliances were hiding at least some of their members (or people just didn't care), they're on the bandwagon now.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 16:11   #13
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Well, Fang have been trying to play the moral-high-ground card, claiming "we're more honest because we don't use it". When they realised that it didn't work, and that most alliances were hiding at least some of their members (or people just didn't care), they're on the bandwagon now.
Afaik Fang still holds moral highground compared to punch of other alliances out there.

+ for their credit, it's not easy to keep rank1 position when nearly half of the decent part of the universe blocks agains u. Sounds a lot like what happened with LDK r9,5.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 16:31   #14
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

also maybe this shows spinner that his recruit option is a stupidity
mere reason for us to use it now

and if you wanna test recruits then give em the eta bonus and dont count em to the score if you want (tho i dont understand why a recruit shouldnt be in the score but well...) but make this recruit state temporary. After three days testing or maybe a week every recruit must either be moved to member or thrown out...
that its possible to set a member to recruit again is ridiculous anyway
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 17:26   #15
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

word.

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 17:37   #16
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Add recruit's score to total of alliance.

Problem fixed.
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 18:38   #17
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

This is really "smart"
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 19:38   #18
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:

ok, back from audacious interpretations and derisory presumptions to the facts:
  • The rankings doesnt include the scores of recruits and you can hide the score of your alliance this way
  • Assuming, it would be a bug, FAnG did not use this "feature" but reported it on the boards and called on other alliances to stop employing it
  • Elysium makes use of it since day 1
  • Although public and well known, nothing got done to abolish/chnage the recruit ranks so far while FAnG`s #1 spot delieverd a perfect excuse for other alliances to block against us

Everyone can make up his own mind about who acted more morally and honorful in this special case
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 21:24   #19
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Add recruits score to total alliance score and the problem is solved, as many ppl have already stated
Ultores
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 21:27   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

Mits tool on the portal shows the real ranks. I think, but it only tells you them for your own alliance.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 4 Oct 2003, 23:56   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

que?
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 00:07   #22
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

funny noone mentioned the co-ors ofdragons bein leaked as well

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 00:11   #23
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalVirtus
the same as all the other alliances in the top 10 are doing.... hiding members... smart move by fang/dragons if u ask me
took em a while to catch up tho =)
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 00:14   #24
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
FAnG are evil... very few of em will come to heaven. But I'm a very nice guy.. and if u wish I'll put in a good word for yah with the big guy =)
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 00:27   #25
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
funny noone mentioned the co-ors ofdragons bein leaked as well
just because you know where they are doesnt mean you can stop them though
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 01:15   #26
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

which explains their setting of members to "ely"

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 03:37   #27
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
Everyone can make up his own mind about who acted more morally and honorful in this special case
There's nothing dishonourable about publically playing down your strength to reduce focussed attacks on your members.
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 13:42   #28
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's nothing dishonourable about publically playing down your strength to reduce focussed attacks on your members.
That's not what leff was talking about imo.

NWay I don't see the big fuss here. Ely and co have done it since day one. We always said it was silly and even asked for it to be removed. But nothing changed ...

I still find it silly but I don't see if others can have the advantage of hiding, then why shouldn't we use it aswell? We atleast "showed" our true strength but being on the #1 spot and always in the picture of other alliances isn't always easy either.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 14:42   #29
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Who cares?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 14:57   #30
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Who cares?
doesnt look like spinner cares=(
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 16:11   #31
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
I wish they would prevent us from using this 'trick' of hiding true alliance size. I can't imagine it would be difficult and would propably require merely a few rows of code but I guess there are more important things to focus on.

YAY
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 17:07   #32
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

a lot of FAnG dont like this BUT seen as most of the 'top' alliances r doing it i cant see why people are complaining, especially people from alliances who are also doing this.

i feel the same as a lot of people, Spinner shud simply fix the 'bug'.

flame on etc

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 18:50   #33
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
took em a while to catch up tho =)
sure as if it has summit to do with catching up.
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 20:02   #34
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
You guys had a thread like this coming.

So what is going on? What kind of trick are you guys playing the rest of the Universe?!

Not that anyone believes you guys are disbanding.
That you are a total clueless noob we found out after your first post on the boards, please dont embarrass your inbred self anymore here.

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 20:35   #35
AliasX
- Sex Therapist -

AliasX is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread has great comedic value.
<meaple> I want 2 c ur cum
<Pyr0> patience young padowan
<AliasX> oh jeasus
<AliasX> this channel did turn gay
*** yahwe ([email protected]) has joined channel #forums
<Oye> that cant be a coincidence
<meaple> he heard you
AliasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 21:04   #36
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
FAnG are evil... very few of em will come to heaven. But I'm a very nice guy.. and if u wish I'll put in a good word for yah with the big guy =)
Whos that then

n whos to say your a nice guy?
Ultores
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 07:50   #37
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Bah, now even Vision demoted it's members. This is getting pathetic
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 08:45   #38
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

This round has great comedy value.
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 09:43   #39
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hmm, help me out here... this "big guy" its Sid right?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 09:45   #40
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten
sure as if it has summit to do with catching up.
Youre definatley right ... its more about "finding out"

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 09:57   #41
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
::: Now talking in #Heaven
[ 23:16:27 ] ::: Mode (@P:#Heaven +o mens)
[ 08:32:04 ] ::: Quits: Colt ([email protected]): Read error: Connection reset by peer

I hope you come back
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 17:19   #42
Colt
Mercenary

hehe, forgot bout that, but i am evil, so maybe the 'big guy' will not allow me
Ultores
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 19:17   #43
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Bah, now even Vision demoted it's members. This is getting pathetic
Says the guy titled TFD HC, heh. Also Vision ain't so bad, or maybe my gal was just lucky.
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 22:24   #44
Colt
Mercenary

A little bug in the Alliance Ranking code has allowed members set to "Recruits" avoid counting towards the alliance score and rank. This has now been fixed.
The fix will be uploaded october 8th at approximately 22:00 GMT (but not showing until the tick after) From spinners mouth
Ultores
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 22:26   #45
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
Says the guy titled TFD HC, heh. Also Vision ain't so bad, or maybe my gal was just lucky.
I never said Vision was bad, I just said the tactic is pathetic.....Glad it's finally corrected...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote