User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 17 Jul 2007, 12:41   #1
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Xan Summary

Hey all,

playing xan this round and having agreat fun* with them. The only real pain point I'm having is all incs i get are bs. 70% of em are etd and the other 30% terran.

It seems to me I spend my time roiding xans with fr, terrans with co/fr, zik with fr and then along comes an etd and nicks my roids at a better cap rate than the few attacks it takes me to get that 25% they take.

What I really want to know, is there a race that feeds off etd in the same manner or do the roids just stop there.

There needs to be a way the roids are re-stolen by another race easily from that race and so on. I think this would remove some of the imbalances in the game.

If anyone tells me to build spectre's i'll kill ya.

tsm

*fakes ftw
Unread 17 Jul 2007, 18:21   #2
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Re: Xan Summary

Join a good alliance )
Unread 17 Jul 2007, 18:54   #3
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

As it has been stated several times by several ppl, there isn't any easier way to get roids then attacking a xan with BS.

Xan can't defend themselves against BS. That's just the way it is.

But as a Xan you can easily self defend against several other attack fleets.

Xan Fi will be a shootout which noone wants nowadays.
Etd Co don't even bother to attack you aslong as you have some Nightmare.
Cath Co: just have alot of Fr and they won't try
Zik Fr: they don't even bother
Ter/Zik De: yeah sure they will attack you and your 500 billion banshees
Cath Cr: You already have a lot of Nightmare, jsut get some additional Shadows and you're save.

So 3 (Xan Fr, Ter Bs and Etd BS) out of 10 attack fleets can roid you without any problem. To be save for the other 7 you only have to build 3 different ship classes and two out of those 3 are suitable for attacking.

I would be glad if I could say the same thing about Cath.

So concentrate on those 3 ship classes and get def against Bs from your friends, galaxy, alliance or someone else.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2007, 19:07   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not someone else! Remy would kill you!

Idiot alert: this post was a joke!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2007, 19:56   #5
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Not someone else! Remy would kill you!

Idiot alert: this post was a joke!
Then you've just found one
and it's a proud one
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2007, 11:42   #6
Luckyiam.PSC

Luckyiam.PSC is infamous around these parts

build spectres, stupid!
i mean seriously, u either get good def from gal/alli/bp against BS or u get pwned by them. I know how annoying it is to get random BS incs every time you hit 1k roids, but I have 0 spectres and out of 25 BS incs in the last few days only 2 got free roids. You COULD build spectres to get less single wave small etd incs, and every etd should be happy to def you against Ter BS. It's not rocket science O.o ...
Luckyiam.PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2007, 12:41   #7
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
What I really want to know, is there a race that feeds off etd in the same manner or do the roids just stop there.

There needs to be a way the roids are re-stolen by another race easily from that race and so on. I think this would remove some of the imbalances in the game.
Unread 20 Jul 2007, 17:18   #8
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

ter and zik de
xan fi
cath co

Although only with the right amount of ships and cath co are the only ships with init advantage
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 14:53   #9
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

De fleets are rare because they just aren't very good. They aren't even all that good against Etd unless you know his Brokers are out. Why send an attack where the cap can be decimated by the combination of stun and and just 1 defensive kill fleet? At best it often means 2-3 De teamups are required to have any chance of landing, and as anyone who played Etd to a high ranking last round will tell you, even those are no big thing.

Xan Fi is a little more effective than at this stage last round because coverage needs to be greater as the Merchant is now targeted. It will still generally require teamups though and even then it can once more be countered with single fleet Thief def. Towards the end of the round Fi will be next to useless at attacking a galaxy with Ziks as Thiefs are 0 loss and don't even die on stealing anymore. Meaning there is an ever increasing amount of them and a corresponding lack of Ziks with Fi, unlike last round where Fi was a popular choice for the top Zik player. Overall Fi will prove to be less effective than last round.

Cath Co are useless beyond redemption.

All these problem were identified last round and pointed out to the stat makers but nothing was done. This round will once again see a massive domination of Etd players in the top ranks. The best xans will finish in the high 20's I would think. From here on out is where it will get hard for every race bar Etd and potentially Zik (if played correctly) to defend themselves and the value gap will begin to widen.

As regards not building Spectres, I think that is a mistake. There is no question that the ship is absolutely shit in isolation but in the metagame having a high number of them allows for 1 fleet Pirate def and keeps away the smaller guys or forces teamups. Meaning you get a lot less waves overall which is vital when playing for a high rank and defence is at a premium later in the round.

Last edited by Achilles; 21 Jul 2007 at 16:24.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 14:23   #10
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
as Thiefs are 0 loss and don't even die on stealing anymore
Huh? Sorry Achilles, but I think you are wrong here: Thief don't steal, and stealers still die... Maybe you are mistaking one thing for the other?
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 14:39   #11
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
Huh? Sorry Achilles, but I think you are wrong here: Thief don't steal, and stealers still die... Maybe you are mistaking one thing for the other?
Thats what he said, that because they aren't steal ships any more then they don't die as a result of actually fighting something, as such their will be more of them around.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2007, 15:01   #12
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
Thats what he said, that because they aren't steal ships any more then they don't die as a result of actually fighting something, as such their will be more of them around.
oh... my wrong... misunderstood the meaning of the sentence...