User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Oct 2016, 15:57   #1
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Xmas Round

Suggestion:

15 man gals
- 10 x BP (+ 5 random)
No defending outside gal

Discuss.
Unread 28 Oct 2016, 18:12   #2
Wolfeh
Sexeh!!!

Wolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the rough
Re: Xmas Round

Sounds like a good idea to me!

This means a lot more options to attack and harder to defend, which means a more attacking playstyle, that's what most people want right?

No gay politics shit with 3 alliances taking on 1 alliance etc.

However it probably is not easy and some 'friends' will nap other gals, so it is hard to control a setup like this
Round 85 - Rank 2 - Ultores (XAN)

Hydra Omen Ultores Zero Tolerance
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2016, 18:56   #3
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

+1 keen

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2016, 19:52   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I absolutely loved last years ship stats and wouldnt ssay no for a repeat
Unread 2 Nov 2016, 04:47   #5
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I absolutely loved last years ship stats and wouldnt ssay no for a repeat
The one where people were ship farming? 0_o

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2016, 12:46   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
The one where people were ship farming? 0_o
not my problem if MHs are regarded as a soft touch
Unread 2 Nov 2016, 13:00   #7
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
not my problem if MHs are regarded as a soft touch
Yeah, and since they cant MH during normal rounds, you think they will step up for the job this xmas round after seeing their work last xmas round?
And you know that since Benneh/Mz made farming legal, "no loss steal stats" will NEVER happend.

Unread 2 Nov 2016, 15:00   #8
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Paisley FFS, stop baiting the troll
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2016, 21:38   #9
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

those no loss steal stats were Paisley's idea
Unread 3 Nov 2016, 22:30   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The last Christmas stats were hilariously cheater-friendly. Please don't reuse them.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2016, 20:17   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

I wonder if Jintoa has a set planned?
Unread 5 Nov 2016, 08:30   #12
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

I have a plan for X-Mas round. I talked to the PA team about it. Currently i'm waiting to see if they can make the necessary changes in time.

The only backup plan i have atm is to reuse last rounds set with some minor changes and the removel of 0 loss stealing. But if anyone has a spare set we can use for the X-mas round, feel free to suggest it.
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2016, 09:04   #13
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post
I have a plan for X-Mas round. I talked to the PA team about it. Currently i'm waiting to see if they can make the necessary changes in time.

The only backup plan i have atm is to reuse last rounds set with some minor changes and the removel of 0 loss stealing. But if anyone has a spare set we can use for the X-mas round, feel free to suggest it.
Ive suggested that i get a chance to run mine
I think people are more interested in playing with a decent gal/game set up rather than having some silly xmas themed set or something that crazy thats it not viable for a real round(see 0% loss steal).

Private gals with 6 BP + 2 randoms max.
All scans but inc scan works the same as unit scans, cant be blocked.
Alliance def fleet removed.
Prizes for the winners, free credits for next round.

Unread 7 Nov 2016, 15:27   #14
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

I'd rather prefer xmas and summerrounds to be "for fun" rounds, whatever stats, whatever setups that differ from normal as much as possible, just because... it's XMAS and/or SUMMER rounds that shouldn't be taken seriously. Especially because there's even less MHing around and whatnot, and please, do not reward these "special" rounds whatsoever as it's too easy to cheat in those. AND do not even attempt to make them "serious", PA is a frustration as it is, give us a little slack during holidays.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2016, 15:37   #15
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
I'd rather prefer xmas and summerrounds to be "for fun" rounds, whatever stats, whatever setups that differ from normal as much as possible, just because... it's XMAS and/or SUMMER rounds that shouldn't be taken seriously. Especially because there's even less MHing around and whatnot, and please, do not reward these "special" rounds whatsoever as it's too easy to cheat in those. AND do not even attempt to make them "serious", PA is a frustration as it is, give us a little slack during holidays.
Well a lot of people actualy prefer xmas rounds and havoc for other reasons than they play normal rounds.
The snow and funny ship names, i think, has little to do with the enjoyment of the round.
Fast tick, small skirmishes all over, close teamwork with your gal, etc, is what people enjoy with havoc/xmas rounds.

Unread 7 Nov 2016, 16:13   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If you're not playing this game for fun, you're doing it wrong, whatever round it is. If taking the game seriously feels frustrating to you, maybe don't do that.

(Not that I have any objection to "fun rounds".)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 7 Nov 2016, 21:39   #17
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

when does the xmas round start?
Unread 8 Nov 2016, 09:49   #18
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

BB: I do agree, the snow is more a nuisance than anything else (personally at least), luckily it can be disabled. Ship names I don't really care, they tend to vary between normal rounds enough to not get me too interested in any of them. Faster ticks are FUN at times and I do see how people can occasionally enjoy them.

What I do disagree between your posts with...
Closer teamwork with gal: Yes, it's good to have, but start rewarding top gal and there's like 2-3 groups of players that CAN win gal, especially with faster ticks and big buddypacks. (I'm not jelly, it's just how it is with this playerbase and possibly how some people play).
Small skirmishes all over: yes, these happen a lot more because those rounds aren't competitive in the same manner as normal rounds, you're not fighting for a reward of any kind, not even e-p ranks, no one cares how you did in a special round or how many havocs you've won, so naturally it's easier to f*ck around. Start rewarding and the change will be drastic.

I could go on and on, but I get the feeling I'm barking at trees.

Mzyxptlk: it's a competitive game after all and constant competition will eventually start to frustrate, even if there's the element of fun. Summer and xmas rounds provide some (needed) pacing to this.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
Unread 8 Nov 2016, 11:07   #19
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Closer teamwork with gal: Yes, it's good to have, but start rewarding top gal and there's like 2-3 groups of players that CAN win gal, especially with faster ticks and big buddypacks. (I'm not jelly, it's just how it is with this playerbase and possibly how some people play).
But this what a lot of people do enjoy with speedrounds/havoc.
The winners will be detirmined on skill and activity, not on galaxy fence and having def sinks ingal.
Most gal end on top in real round because they are selfish players wich put their gal infront of their allie most of the time. This is why you rarely see forts winning, even though their activity level and skill level might be higher than the fence protected bps/gals.
Not saying there aint support planets in havoc/speedround, but it is for sure at a much smaller extent.
And higher teamwork with gal is quite diffrent when your "allie" is your gal, in normal rounds having higher teamwork with gal means that you gotta fck your alliance over more often.
This is personal opinions btw, anyone is free to claim this is not true.

Unread 8 Nov 2016, 18:36   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

That is not true.
Unread 9 Nov 2016, 17:33   #21
winY
<SugerDaddy> WWpal

winY is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That is not true.
Just do /ignore on BB works for me
winY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2016, 19:31   #22
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by winY View Post
Just do /ignore on BB works for me
meanY

Unread 10 Nov 2016, 08:24   #23
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

there really must be some great mushrooms under the rainbow if you actually believe what you wrote about "skill and activity" and whatnot...

Unread 10 Nov 2016, 09:09   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
there really must be some great mushrooms under the rainbow if you actually believe what you wrote about "skill and activity" and whatnot...
Well you might not think so, but more than often this is the case.
I dont remeber seeing any gals being flagshipped by 50 support planets in a speed round.
Its galaxy wars, your galaxy vs the other galaxies. Each galaxy is free to do their own "politics" and deals, instead of being stuck with following what ever someone else says.
And, more important, there can only be one winner.

Unread 13 Nov 2016, 19:23   #25
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe another nice discussion topic about the xmas round. Traditionally it's a 3 race game. But considering the other topic where people prefer more races instead of less. Does this also apply to xmas round?
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2016, 22:11   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I think 3 races is fine for the Christmas round. It's kind of become a fixture by now.
Unread 14 Nov 2016, 17:44   #27
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post
Maybe another nice discussion topic about the xmas round. Traditionally it's a 3 race game. But considering the other topic where people prefer more races instead of less. Does this also apply to xmas round?
Well myself would rather have a more competive speedround version of the xmas round this year.
And as i wanted my set to be run, 5 races

Unread 14 Nov 2016, 19:55   #28
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well myself would rather have a more competive speedround version of the xmas round this year.
And as i wanted my set to be run, 5 races
Is your set compatible with the traditional xmas setup?

Remember: in the xmas setup the cluster eta bonus is 2 ticks meaning you'll see a lot more higher class ships defending lower class ships (which in a regular round you would only see if def was PL'ed or gal def).
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2016, 20:11   #29
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Is your set compatible with the traditional xmas setup?

Remember: in the xmas setup the cluster eta bonus is 2 ticks meaning you'll see a lot more higher class ships defending lower class ships (which in a regular round you would only see if def was PL'ed or gal def).
Well so far we havnt had a setup announced.

Unread 14 Nov 2016, 20:23   #30
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well so far we havnt had a setup announced.
Yes, and the PA team is known to do drastically different things every year/every round
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote