User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 31 May 2006, 15:49   #151
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts
Re: Winners of R17 (1up not included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas

Finally, having realized that Insomnia would not win unless 1up and Omen got into a devastating fight, we tried to get Omen in on 1up one last time. They agreed once more to hit em, but 3 days went and nothing happened.

So I went to talk to Sid. Since Omen didnt' have the balls to go on 1up, we simply had to make em grow some. It took me and Sid 11 minutes to agree to hit Omen(logically this was a dream situation for 1up, who actually were planning to hit Insomnia at the time, to reduce potential Omen allies for a later fight). We let a few days pass and then went for it. Omen who had agreed to hit 1up with Insomnia for weeks, now found themselves without allies, they actually had a small thing going on at Gates planet already, so ND wasnt much happy about them either.

This left Omen in a bad position, but for a few days they really stood up for themselves. I was impressed that they finally showed some real strenght, but unfortunatley it didnt last for long. I don't think Omen can win this round anymore, but god knows they had their chances.
do i understand it right, you spend 11minvalueable time because you thought it would help insomnia win the round?

another thing, you wanted Omen to grow balls and attack 1up, what about your fantastic alliance..? you tried to use politics but tbh dont do that if you suck with it, as clearly your mastermind actions havent made insomnia come close to winning. it was always between 1up/omen, it was just who could use the flak the best. since 1up has more experience with it, cudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:02   #152
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
do i understand it right, you spend 11minvalueable time because you thought it would help insomnia win the round?
You fail to see the fact that Insomnia wasn't probably too interested or optimistic about their chances of winning it.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:03   #153
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
funny tho, your elitist alliance got killed by barbaric hordes
In the end the barbarians always sack Rome
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:17   #154
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

well i do think it was better for the game, involving smaller alliances into the wars. i can see why 1up didnt like it, since they mostly choose 'stronger' allies, but this action also made alliances who were considered flak to make a "jump to the top".

its just looks sad, that 1up ppl whining about it rounds later or atleast as usual trying to make it look how unfair it was for them etc, while reality is different. like this round we could say 1up uses flak, but ofcourse their answer would be smart politic moves. whenever they lose its mass blocking,flak etc, when they win they just did best politics, ironic isnt it?

edit: this goes the same for cheating or how 1up calls it game feutures, when it suits them or not.

Quote:
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:23   #155
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
edit: this goes the same for cheating or how 1up calls it game feutures, when it suits them or not.
I'd like to say that max does actually have a point here. The mid-round introduction of a rule banning out-of-tag defence planets during r15 was ridiculous and frankly the resulting closures of planets would be no different to closing people who exploit the resource hiding trick. (Note, i'm not saying close them, I'm saying it's comparable).
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:28   #156
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
Id put money on Omen finishing 3rd or 4th this round, theyve got nothing in there locker.
oh noes! the care-agency has been contacted!

seriously man, do you think Omen cares if it ends #2 or #17 ? if its not #1 its nothing, there is 1 winner in this game.

tho i think, its pretty fair and funny, if omen dedicated their round for ND/insomnia NOT to end #2

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:31   #157
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
its just looks sad, that 1up ppl whining about it rounds later or atleast as usual trying to make it look how unfair it was for them etc ...
And guess what, smartypants, this is EXACTLY what you've been doing on these boards for the last year.

I smell a hypocrite, you using a new Deodorant?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:37   #158
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
And guess what, smartypants, this is EXACTLY what you've been doing on these boards for the last year.

I smell a hypocrite, you using a new Deodorant?
no im counterwhining tbfh.

and there is another big difference, while i spend abit of time now and then cheking on this boards, some of you spend thousands of posts on the 'whine'.

i just care just enough to point out the truth instead of reading the usual crap brainwash and follow it like a brainless goon.

boinkie

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:38   #159
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'd like to say that max does actually have a point here. The mid-round introduction of a rule banning out-of-tag defence planets during r15 was ridiculous and frankly the resulting closures of planets would be no different to closing people who exploit the resource hiding trick. (Note, i'm not saying close them, I'm saying it's comparable).

Its different if you ask if its ok first or if the PA team has said its ok to do it. It should be made public though from the admins. Either in the manual or an announcement on AD. The 'flaw' is even worse when its only those 'in the loop' who can use it.
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:47   #160
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

its just looks sad, that 1up ppl whining about it rounds later or atleast as usual trying to make it look how unfair it was for them etc, while reality is different. like this round we could say 1up uses flak, but ofcourse their answer would be smart politic moves. whenever they lose its mass blocking,flak etc, when they win they just did best politics, ironic isnt it?
Political moves?

Don't you mean sit back and let other alliances win it for you? By the time Insomnia cooperated with 1up, it was pretty much round over. A lot of alliances should be crying into a bucket because they've let 1up win by being so stupid. Needless to say even so 1up have played a clever round of tag and are going to get a deserved victory.

In round 14, 1up won because half of their main opposition collapsed and their ally (who at the time was very small) took in a massive amount of members and they were gifted a huge block (which wasn't their intention). In round 12, 1up won with something that might be called approaching blocking with NewDawn. In round 11, 1up won pretty much solo.

If 1up win, it's usually to do with the politics of other alliances failing to address the threat they pose or failing to cooperate sufficiently rather than any politics on their part - I get the impression that politics are not high up their list of priorities. In contrast, Exilition will take months to prepare, cherry pick the rounds where 1up are the most hated and take on any alliance who'll accept their offer, when it isn't necessarily beneficial to those small alliances. On top of this, they want to come back fresh each time while 1up play round on round. If anyone wins by politics its Exilition, largely based on the cult of paranoia against 1up.

While 1up usually just leave other alliances rope to hang themselves with, Exilition seem to have no interest in 'fairness' in any sense, so when they claim to be harshly/unfairly treated on here, I find it hard to understand why you would take that line of argument.

With regards to the resource spend trick it was made public. It has been used for some time. PA team accepted it. To say it's out of bounds at any stage and delete planets for it is ridiculous until we're told (and preferably prevented) to stop doing it.
Unread 31 May 2006, 16:58   #161
Fridge
Angel

Fridge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
The difference between Angels round 15, and Angels round 16 was already extreme. Round 16 caused a lot of officers and longtime members to burn out and lose all interest in the game, and I suppose this has made Angels detoriate similarly this round.

What he's saying is that Angels isn't the same alliance it once was.

Without wanting to arise speculation of any sorts, but I already adviced this last round; time for Angels to take a break?
Qebab is right there .. the whole command structure of Angels from R15 quit ( expect Sjor ). Also a lot of Members were burned out and not motivated. basically we stopped aiming for #1 after around tick 500 when inactivity started to pull its weights. Also for next Round Kj and Sjor will both quit, reducing Angels Command Structure to just me and Mobrulz.

Quote:
Then Angels came(no idea if it was HC approved or not, but I had Angels Officers and members PM me to join on 1up). They told me Omen didn't want to join, but apparently Angels were ready(wether this was a trick to get us to attack 1up before Omen did, so we would get all the backfire, I have no idea about)
It was no trick. We were indeed ready to hit 1up and approached you, some of our Officers that is. I and Sjor were the ones approving it, but you turned it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
4) Angels are still lacking that killer something, hence being now a lot closer to Subh/xVx/F-Crew than they were (due to NAPing with Omen and being co-targetted? I don't know how they were dealt with - I'm sure all the alliances have their view on it).
At that Point Angels had heavy incomings from Subh / HR / ND / Insomnia / 1up, which counted up to 250 defcalls a night (and this for 6 days a row). With a 60 memberbase we couldnt cover that and as we approached some other Alliances to team up with us 1up took the lead with their smart politics and noone could be arsed anymore. So why brother?

Angels will also most likely take a break in Round 18, either by playing it with a reduced memberbase as a "fun" round, or taking a completely break and playing in other alliances. How we play it will be decided in the next HC meetings and be announced on the Forums then.

Former:
Furious Angels | FAnG | ChāoZ Daddy | Angels till i die

Furious Angels Gaming community
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:01   #162
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

another thing, you wanted Omen to grow balls and attack 1up, what about your fantastic alliance..? you tried to use politics but tbh dont do that if you suck with it, as clearly your mastermind actions havent made insomnia come close to winning. it was always between 1up/omen, it was just who could use the flak the best. since 1up has more experience with it, cudos
sometimes it helps if you actually follow the flow of a conversation/thread, the polotics and the game layout before you post your same old drivel of bullshit on these boards.

imho opinion Jonas is better at playing the polotics of the game than you ever will, you complete retard

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:03   #163
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
With regards to the resource spend trick it was made public. It has been used for some time. PA team accepted it. To say it's out of bounds at any stage and delete planets for it is ridiculous until we're told (and preferably prevented) to stop doing it.

well as the feature is an explorable bug that admins said ok to cos of ignorance, doesnt do it any more ok according to the eula but as long as its 1up doing it, stuff tends to slip throu the mh grid and become "ok"

and again i dare you guys prove me wrong on that one ^^
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:05   #164
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well as the feature is an explorable bug that admins said ok to cos of ignorance, doesnt do it any more ok according to the eula but as long as its 1up doing it, stuff tends to slip throu the mh grid and become "ok"

Ascendancy used it last round and were perfectly open about it and no one complained.

Suddenly it's 1up winning, and everyone's complaining.

Whiffs of double standards
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:12   #165
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

It was told by the ppl that found it so that all could use it since the admins couldn't/wouldn't fix it.

I don't see why now you pin it on the MH finding it ok cos 1up uses it, a lot of ppl use it.

It looks to me all you are trying to do on this forum is put 1up is a bad light and i don't think thats correct.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:17   #166
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

to inso i dont know how often u have been a flag in the wind this round to juts end on a well deserved 3/4th rank

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:31   #167
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
It was told by the ppl that found it so that all could use it since the admins couldn't/wouldn't fix it.

I don't see why now you pin it on the MH finding it ok cos 1up uses it, a lot of ppl use it.

It looks to me all you are trying to do on this forum is put 1up is a bad light and i don't think thats correct.
well a feature are stuff that you can do a bit now and then by misstake or others but if you do it on a regular basis its an abuse.

and yes the bug have been there since the day of dawn so thats not the issue its that some ppl abuse it

whats wrong with exposing 1up as the cheating bunch they are? is it more right to do it to f-crew or rock than 1up?

its nothing leet with exploring loopholes and bugs in the code it hurts the game and make atleast not me wanna continue play it.
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:32   #168
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
And your support for Angels leaving will result only in excitement right?
Angels disbanding, or taking a break, isn't the same as all Angels players and officers leaving the game, mind you. I suppose most of them will stick around, and maybe they will even have an effect on the game where they are going. Angels, in it's current state doesn't add all that much to the game, not for it's members, and not for other alliances. I think it would be better if other alliances were strengthened, as Angels would surely weaken next round as well...

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:42   #169
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Hehe, its funny to see how winded up some little kids get over a browser game. I can picture robban sitting by his comp frothing while writing these 'posts'. Mucho amusing......
Unread 31 May 2006, 17:50   #170
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ascendancy used it last round and were perfectly open about it and no one complained.

Suddenly it's 1up winning, and everyone's complaining.

Whiffs of double standards
At least you have the option to ban folk whilst folk like me have to go and do def calls instead! Played 1up
Unread 31 May 2006, 18:19   #171
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

whats wrong with exposing 1up, Omen, Fcrew, Angels, Ascendancy, OoO, Rock, Newdawn, Subh, Insomnia, xVx, Vengeance, Tides of Fire, Howling Rain, TGV, Hidden Agenda as the cheating bunch they are? is it more right to do it to everyone ele?
Unread 31 May 2006, 18:36   #172
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
and make atleast not me wanna continue play it.
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please tell me you're telling the truth.

Also leaving the forums would be good too.
Unread 31 May 2006, 18:43   #173
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Its different if you ask if its ok first or if the PA team has said its ok to do it. It should be made public though from the admins. Either in the manual or an announcement on AD. The 'flaw' is even worse when its only those 'in the loop' who can use it.
I'm referring to out of tag defence here, not the fleet recall thing. Anyone who didn't realise they could still defence to people not in their gal, cluster or alliance is a complete retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Angels disbanding, or taking a break, isn't the same as all Angels players and officers leaving the game, mind you. I suppose most of them will stick around, and maybe they will even have an effect on the game where they are going. Angels, in it's current state doesn't add all that much to the game, not for it's members, and not for other alliances. I think it would be better if other alliances were strengthened, as Angels would surely weaken next round as well...
It'll be weaker because people are leaving. I'm sad that people are leaving as this decreases the playerbase and diminishes the number of alliances in the game!
Unread 31 May 2006, 18:54   #174
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please tell me you're telling the truth.

Also leaving the forums would be good too.

forums is fun so im staying
Unread 31 May 2006, 19:09   #175
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

imho opinion Jonas is better at playing the polotics of the game than you ever will, you complete retard
whoever said i was good in politics?

but i guess he is better then i ever will since i first i wont even bother trying, and tbh i STILL cant see what great actions he pulled... care to let me in the secret jo?

Quote:
Apprime

Last edited by lokken; 31 May 2006 at 19:18.
Unread 31 May 2006, 19:28   #176
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
imho opinion Jonas is better at playing the polotics of the game than you ever will, .....

well he did a really smart move then teamed up with 1up vs omen and guarantied the win for them and the loss for yourselves

thats not politics, its just plain silly
Unread 31 May 2006, 21:37   #177
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
well he did a really smart move then teamed up with 1up vs omen and guarantied the win for them and the loss for yourselves

the only looser in that decision was omen imho

plain fact is, you had 2 chances to do something with the backing of several alliances and you refused. theres only so many chances we gonna offer you

Unread 31 May 2006, 21:41   #178
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ok, what would you do?

Insomnia is 3/4 very close to NewDawn, Omen is far ahead and 1up is soon gonna tag. We know we have to get the two top allies to fight if we are to have a chance to win, even if it means helping one of them significally. We ask Omen first, but get no concrete answer for 3-4 days, just a "yeah we need to do something"...

So looking like Omen wont fight, we ask 1up(which we know is a bit ahead of Omen, we rarely help the ones whos already #1, but got no other option to make Omen/1up fight)

We got a small chance Omen might actually stagnate 1up enough for Insomnia to catch up, if not we get a #2 and you loose for not acting. I'm sure all our members are very happy about our round so far, we've shown we can fight among the top.

as I earlier stated, 1up was about to hit us when we approached them, so the move saved us aswell, and Omen would have been hit eventually, so we just had to make sure we got roids off one of you.

Now, tell me what you would have done you biased kid.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 31 May 2006, 22:08   #179
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
whoever said i was good in politics?

but i guess he is better then i ever will since i first i wont even bother trying, and tbh i STILL cant see what great actions he pulled... care to let me in the secret jo?
When you post on forums, you represent your alliance. your a retard, which reflects on your alliance. Your doing nothing but damaging the repuation of your alliance by posting here.. please stop.

Veil

p.s. this go's for your other members too that turned this "who will take #2 spot" thread into a "fck you! our alliance has been the best, my dad's way harder than your dad"
Unread 31 May 2006, 22:09   #180
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Errr... cocky? don't understand what we did that was cocky. We simply waded in and smacked you in the gob, it wasn't cocky, it was methodical and brutish.
what was brutish about hiding for over 3/4 of the round may i ask?;\

p.s i know its like over 4 pages long already(bit behind)
Unread 31 May 2006, 22:14   #181
robban1

Quote:
ok, what would you do?

Insomnia is 3/4 very close to NewDawn, Omen is far ahead and 1up is soon gonna tag. We know we have to get the two top allies to fight if we are to have a chance to win, even if it means helping one of them significally. We ask Omen first, but get no concrete answer for 3-4 days, just a "yeah we need to do something"...

So looking like Omen wont fight, we ask 1up(which we know is a bit ahead of Omen, we rarely help the ones whos already #1, but got no other option to make Omen/1up fight)

We got a small chance Omen might actually stagnate 1up enough for Insomnia to catch up, if not we get a #2 and you loose for not acting. I'm sure all our members are very happy about our round so far, we've shown we can fight among the top.

as I earlier stated, 1up was about to hit us when we approached them, so the move saved us aswell, and Omen would have been hit eventually, so we just had to make sure we got roids off one of you.

Now, tell me what you would have done you biased kid.

-Jonas-
well if you really wanted to aim for #1 you should keep your word vs omen or just take a step back to watch the show as there rarly are any winners in a 1 vs 1 war.
you could do someone else in your case angels or nd or some galraids to grow or the second option was ofc join the fight with omen but instead you choosed the easy way to break you word and your fate was sealed in any aspects you had for #1

oh intresting that Mek still babble about his stuff then that issue are done
Unread 31 May 2006, 22:18   #182
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

why does every thread turn into childish bickering? seriously, stfu.
Unread 31 May 2006, 22:29   #183
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
if that made sense i would mabey understand your chance of a flame at me

Unread 31 May 2006, 22:34   #184
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

max makes this thread lollable tbh which is

edit - oh and Mek you come of as the worse person, cosntantly replying to the two people trying to wind you up puposefully (and succeeding)
Unread 31 May 2006, 22:40   #185
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
max makes this thread lollable tbh which is

edit - oh and Mek you come of as the worse person, cosntantly replying to the two people trying to wind you up puposefully (and succeeding)
im not wound up at all m8, clearly you dont know me well enuf to know when im wound up and when im not

i just enjoy a good heated debate....and tbh robban/mighteh & maxmillian give me a good heated debate

Unread 31 May 2006, 22:41   #186
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
im not wound up at all m8, clearly you dont know me well enuf to know when im wound up and when im not

i just enjoy a good heated debate....and tbh robban/mighteh & maxmillian give me a good heated debate
I'm not quite sure if I would call it a debate. It's very much like wathing a couple of kids "discuss" a yes/no issue. It's repetetive, and it doesn't look like any side is going to convince the other any time soon.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
Unread 31 May 2006, 22:42   #187
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Sorry what.
Unread 31 May 2006, 22:43   #188
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Sorry what.

ok, replace the word debate with argument and i guess im more on the right track

Unread 1 Jun 2006, 11:20   #189
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well if you really wanted to aim for #1 you should keep your word vs omen or just take a step back to watch the show as there rarly are any winners in a 1 vs 1 war.
you could do someone else in your case angels or nd or some galraids to grow or the second option was ofc join the fight with omen but instead you choosed the easy way to break you word and your fate was sealed in any aspects you had for #1

Can you read? Omen did nothing. We tried to make em fight 1up, but they lacked the will do act. Hence we turned to 1up...

Sitting back and watch a fight that never happened was not an option. Attacking Angels would be really unfair to them, as they were in a tight war with Subh at the time. Fighting ND would just make an even fight we'd both loose on, hence both loosing to #1 and #2, doing nothing but lowering our chances.

And Mek will never stop babbling, you need to know that :/

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 11:38   #190
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Can you read? Omen did nothing. We tried to make em fight 1up, but they lacked the will do act. Hence we turned to 1up...
So you decided to turn to 1up and ally them since you didnt get anyone to attack 1up with you?

I guess that seems logical to some.
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 12:06   #191
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

"I. AM. #1! 2 is not a winner, 3 nobody remembers. I. AM. #1! Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!"
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 12:32   #192
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
"I. AM. #1! 2 is not a winner, 3 nobody remembers. I. AM. #1! Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!"
If that's actually a song whoever is responsible for it needs castration and fast to avoid the possibility of their genetic material further polluting the gene pool.
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 12:44   #193
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If that's actually a song whoever is responsible for it needs castration and fast to avoid the possibility of their genetic material further polluting the gene pool.
I think its based on one of the Eurovision entries, or maybe its even the actual lyrics. Certainly one country had a song like that which basically had them proclaiming that they were the winner. Unfortunatly they were wrong and hence looked a bit daft, although they did beat britain
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 12:54   #194
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It was "we are the winners", I think. Lithuania or someone. They came #5 or so, after we all laughed at them
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 13:38   #195
TSP

TSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I think its based on one of the Eurovision entries, or maybe its even the actual lyrics. Certainly one country had a song like that which basically had them proclaiming that they were the winner. Unfortunatly they were wrong and hence looked a bit daft, although they did beat britain
You have no sense of humour
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 17:37   #196
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
So you decided to turn to 1up and ally them since you didnt get anyone to attack 1up with you?

I guess that seems logical to some.
Sadly, you're lack of readingskills just once more makes u ridicule urself on AD

We needed Omen and 1up to fight, and because we couldnt get Omen to hit 1up, we asked 1up to hit Omen.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 17:37   #197
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

to keep on the topic of the thread..... I personally believe a lot of alliances made positive strides towards improvement this round. I was particularly impressed with Insomnia and Subh, they are both making a honest run at being considered "top shelf" as alliances go. I also fell like xVx showed improvement. SiN impressed me with the amount of top rank planets they put out.

Newdawn stayed consistant with their top 5 level performance, allthough I always expect more from them due to my past with them, some may say they underachieved again, but for those of us who know how hard it is for ND members to stay active and interested for an entire round, they atleast hung in there, and would politics have worked out differently they might have challenenged for the top spot.

I will say that in my opinion Omen played well until we directed our attention to them, they did have other issues prior to our offensive, and as I said above, if the political make up of the round had worked out more in their favor we could all be looking at things a bit differently now.

in my view we still have something to look forward to, as the rest of the top 5 hasn't been decided yet...so how will it shape up.....stay tuned campers
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 17:59   #198
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
well a feature are stuff that you can do a bit now and then by misstake or others but if you do it on a regular basis its an abuse.

and yes the bug have been there since the day of dawn so thats not the issue its that some ppl abuse it

whats wrong with exposing 1up as the cheating bunch they are? is it more right to do it to f-crew or rock than 1up?

its nothing leet with exploring loopholes and bugs in the code it hurts the game and make atleast not me wanna continue play it.
get a grip.

The thread in question is here:

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189663

And the reason for this bug still being here is because they are unsure of how to fix it. So instead of risking opening a can of worms, they allow this to be there.

Rather a known evil, than one that is unknown.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 17:59   #199
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Sadly, you're lack of readingskills just once more makes u ridicule urself on AD

We needed Omen and 1up to fight, and because we couldnt get Omen to hit 1up, we asked 1up to hit Omen.

-Jonas-
Yeah, turn to insults, thats always a big hit.

So the fact that the night Omen had 25% roidloss and Insomnia popped up on Omen planets was a pure coincidence?

Cut the crap for once and atleast admit what you did. 1up didnt do anything wrong, they saw their golden opportunity to win the round and Insomnia handed it to them.

But atleast you didnt fold this round, that gotta count for something.
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 18:15   #200
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Political moves?

Don't you mean sit back and let other alliances win it for you? By the time Insomnia cooperated with 1up, it was pretty much round over. A lot of alliances should be crying into a bucket because they've let 1up win by being so stupid. Needless to say even so 1up have played a clever round of tag and are going to get a deserved victory.

In round 14, 1up won because half of their main opposition collapsed and their ally (who at the time was very small) took in a massive amount of members and they were gifted a huge block (which wasn't their intention). In round 12, 1up won with something that might be called approaching blocking with NewDawn. In round 11, 1up won pretty much solo.

If 1up win, it's usually to do with the politics of other alliances failing to address the threat they pose or failing to cooperate sufficiently rather than any politics on their part - I get the impression that politics are not high up their list of priorities.
Sure.

Quote:
In contrast, Exilition will take months to prepare, cherry pick the rounds where 1up are the most hated and take on any alliance who'll accept their offer, when it isn't necessarily beneficial to those small alliances. On top of this, they want to come back fresh each time while 1up play round on round. If anyone wins by politics its Exilition, largely based on the cult of paranoia against 1up.

While 1up usually just leave other alliances rope to hang themselves with, Exilition seem to have no interest in 'fairness' in any sense, so when they claim to be harshly/unfairly treated on here, I find it hard to understand why you would take that line of argument.
This I completely disagree with. This is probably a good time to point out the total lack of sense in furball's earlier post, the post explaining that he has had it 'confirmed' to him that eXilition are playing again. Ironic really, since unless he's spoken to me this week then he couldn't possibly have a clue and he hasn't!

'eXilition' has four HCs at present and only one of them, myself, has any solid intention to play next round. Of course, that solid intention is based on the nature of my summer employment.

This might also be a good time to point out that the Angels/1up v eXilition/SubH war largely decided R15 for 1up, not a cult of paranoid alliances. Both sides fought hard and 1up/eXilition both took a real beating. As for R13, I was certainly bitter at the time about the size of the blocks and found it very unfair. The game is unfair, perhaps eXilition/LCH/ToT judged the opposition to be greater opposition than they were. I remember the big hit on eXilition 1up started among a number of other alliances and I remember many of the members spending a lot of time considering whether the round could sway. Had alliances like WolfPack had any control over their members (Hydra) and someone had time to put into their politics, it might have been different.

eXilition does not cherry pick rounds. It doesn't play only odd number rounds either! The alliance will play whenever it has the manpower to do so. Personally, I will never play a round (again) that overlap with my exams and all three others have difficulties playing a part in the alliance throughout the year. After playing a game that takes up hours a day, six months or more a year on and off since 2000/2001, I consider that a sensible choice.

I'd consider the alliance greater if it didn't have that problem, sure. It's unfortunate, it's probably also more of a problem with the way the game works and less of the alliance.