User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 02:28   #1
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts
Just a quick, easy question.

I was looking through the pages on the front page, deciding if I should pick this game up again or not, (I was trying to find out Cost and payment option, so if you could help me out with that, i'd appreciate it) and i wondered over to the "Credits" page.

I was just wondering, why isnt Spinner, the person who created the game, listed there O.o? I havnt kept up on Planetarion Politics... so, just wondering whats up with that. I'd certainly think he would be there.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 04:17   #2
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Just a quick, easy question.

PA was re-done over... most, if not all the code re-done for R10... It's possible that most of his contributions are gone. That, or it is an oversight on the part of the page maker.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 04:42   #3
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

But, he created the game. Without his contributions, the game wouldnt even exist, whether it was recoded or not. He is responsible for building the player base, as well.

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 05:52   #4
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

No offense to the current PA team but I think everyone would love to have Spinner back. He left PA to pursue real life. The fact that his name is not posted on the main page is testimony to how long it has been since he contributed to his creation.

I remember when Spinner, Vish, and Phil were the PA team. Unfortunately times change. PA is still here and the basics of the game are still here but alot has changed. Mostly for the Good.

As far as cost the game is 5 British pounds for one credit. If you buy more at the same time they cost a little less. Payment can be made through a credit card. Read this link for all the options:
http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?rn=56781&page=30

This is still a fun game. I have risked divorce 3 times just to play this crazy game. I think my wife is starting to have a little bit of understanding thank God.

You can check it out for free and then upgrade later if the game keeps your interest.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 12:11   #5
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Find him in #ManagerLeague on irc. This is his new project. He isnt associated with PA anymore. The game is pretty much a total revamp now of what he did. He was a great guy but he and the game have moved on in saparate directions.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 12:32   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
PA was re-done over... most, if not all the code re-done for R10... It's possible that most of his contributions are gone. That, or it is an oversight on the part of the page maker.
Actually theres more 'Spinner Code' in current PA than in Old PA. If I recall correctly old PA was largly coded by Vish and Fudge, with Spinner being more of the Project manage and public face to PA.

PAX however was coded by Spinner after FS went bust and Jolt purchased the game. Fudge and Vish had pretty much left the scene by then and Spinner pretty much did all the coding on the game alone until he left to concentrate on ML a few rounds back
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 13:14   #7
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Should imagine he's left out because modern pa-team is jealous of his awesome reputation compared to there's. Or maybe just jealous fullstop.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 13:27   #8
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
Should imagine he's left out because modern pa-team is jealous of his awesome reputation compared to there's. Or maybe just jealous fullstop.
I won't deney that I'm jelous

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 13:35   #9
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

you're no fun who will deny it? get him on here to provide me with a few minutes of entertainment
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 13:53   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

better?
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:01   #11
newt
Banned

Not really, maybe if you said something like..

'why would I or anyone else be jealous of <insert hostile rant>'

I'll give you 20mins or so to come up with one :<
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:02   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Unfortunately I'm too busy to be baited by an ex beta multi
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:06   #13
Marv
Jazz Man

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:10   #14
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Well, i mean, it shouldnt matter if he is involved or not, he still created the game, no? Its like saying you shouldn't give edison the credit for making the lightbulb,because its been completely re-worked. O.o

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:15   #15
Marv
Jazz Man

That is a fair point I supose...

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:16   #16
newt
Banned

Well conversely, how much credit does God get these days for creating earth? hardly any. And yes I am comparing Spinner ot God.
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:19   #17
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
Well conversely, how much credit does God get these days for creating earth? hardly any. And yes I am comparing Spinner ot God.
The difference is that God exists, Spinner does not.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 19:57   #18
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
The difference is that God exists, Spinner does not.
that wasnt a nice reply
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 20:01   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

as far as I'm aware the credits page simply lists who is currently invlved with the game, not thoose who used to be involved.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 20:09   #20
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Actually theres more 'Spinner Code' in current PA than in Old PA. If I recall correctly old PA was largly coded by Vish and Fudge, with Spinner being more of the Project manage and public face to PA.

PAX however was coded by Spinner after FS went bust and Jolt purchased the game. Fudge and Vish had pretty much left the scene by then and Spinner pretty much did all the coding on the game alone until he left to concentrate on ML a few rounds back
Apologies then. I was under the impression of a different scenario. That's my bad!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 20:13   #21
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I remember when Spinner, Vish, and Phil were the PA team.
I wasnt pateam in the time spinner and vish were both there, you probably mean fudge or zeus
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 20:34   #22
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
that wasnt a nice reply
He got it the wrong way around.
He either meant Spinner exists and God doesn't, or Spinner is God.
Unread 12 Apr 2006, 00:06   #23
newt
Banned

Is bumping threads still as cool as it was back in the day?

Anyway, I think you'll find he meant what he said, because its a common counter whenever someone is compared to God, or father christmas, or the easter bunny, or wayne rooney, etc?
Unread 12 Apr 2006, 00:09   #24
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

So, in any case, doenst spinner deserve mention there >.>

Unread 12 Apr 2006, 00:14   #25
newt
Banned

What is this obsession you have with Spinner anyway? what about Oreo, Fudge & co? or that weird zeus dude.

I personally agree with whoever made the website - they shouldn't bother crediting those people who helped make the game, only those that helped destroy it.
Unread 3 May 2006, 03:14   #26
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

In my humble opinion, I think I deserve a small note in the credits-list for Planetarion (-:
If nothing else, then for using inverted smilies!

And on the "I do not exist" point, well, that is somewhat untrue
As for me leaving Planetarion, it is no more complicated than this: I was fed up with it (-:

As for bumping this thread....Oh drat, I guess I just did!

But Qdeathstar, if you miss me, feel free to make yourself a team in ManagerLeague, I'm easy to spot in there (-:
Unread 3 May 2006, 05:31   #27
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Game creators should ban that forumer who just advertised his game.

Wait.. isn't he the one?
Unread 3 May 2006, 16:14   #28
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

<3 Spinner

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2006, 17:42   #29
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with your new project spinner!

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2006, 18:37   #30
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Game creators should ban that forumer who just advertised his game.

Wait.. isn't he the one?
Moderators have eternal discretion - and I see no reason why Planetarion's original creator should be prevented from mentioning a game which has almost no similarities to PA on the forums (-:

On the other hand, you've clearly breached Clause 3 - and if you don't like that, refer to Clause 1.
Unread 3 May 2006, 20:00   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Once, I objected to a moderating decision I made. I referred myself to clause one.

The resultant explosion actually wiped out the dinosaurs.
Unread 3 May 2006, 21:53   #32
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There you have it folks. Clause 1, the clause that caused mass extinction. Sucked to be them.
Unread 3 May 2006, 23:39   #33
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Spinner should clearly be mentioned, as should all those that originally created PA.

THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2006, 01:54   #34
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Once, I objected to a moderating decision I made. I referred myself to clause one.

The resultant explosion actually wiped out the dinosaurs.
And all this time I thought it was a meteor

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2006, 17:35   #35
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Moderators have eternal discretion - and I see no reason why Planetarion's original creator should be prevented from mentioning a game which has almost no similarities to PA on the forums (-:

On the other hand, you've clearly breached Clause 3 - and if you don't like that, refer to Clause 1.
Where are you taking me? I preferred staying in earth.

It's pretty obvious that I said it in a sarcastic manner. (-:
Unread 6 May 2006, 21:29   #36
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
In my humble opinion, I think I deserve a small note in the credits-list for Planetarion (-:
If nothing else, then for using inverted smilies!

And on the "I do not exist" point, well, that is somewhat untrue
As for me leaving Planetarion, it is no more complicated than this: I was fed up with it (-:

As for bumping this thread....Oh drat, I guess I just did!

But Qdeathstar, if you miss me, feel free to make yourself a team in ManagerLeague, I'm easy to spot in there (-:
Hehe, BRING BACK SPINNER!
Unread 6 May 2006, 21:43   #37
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
Hehe, BRING BACK SPINNER!
it's not like you didn't run off too