User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:03   #51
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: SiNND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
I agree it was a good tactical decision. But making 1 good tactical decision all round doesnt mean you deserve the #3 spot
good?
lol, no way, they packed together so they thought it was bad before? heh they jus made it worse for themselves
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:08   #52
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
Surely one alliance going from rank 18 to 17 has the same impact as another alliance going from 3 to 4. YES, i clearly see it.
well it is the same really yes tho thoose that it affects. For example this merge annoys some of the top 10 alliances, other merges have really annoyed some of the lower ranked alliances. Why should the rules changes just becuase the alliance rank changes. Do people really need alliance ranks to justify how good their alliances are? Lets say SiNND won the round somehow, yes they win, big deal they don't get a prize, but surely its the communities evaluation of the win that is important?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:09   #53
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
good?
lol, no way, they packed together so they thought it was bad before? heh they jus made it worse for themselves
i'm inclined to agree with Alki here, I think ND and SiN just got themselves a whole lot more incs

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 8 May 2005, 23:11   #54
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
Ok, obviously anyone can see the opposition are pissed off, but I wanna know how SiN/ND's allies are feeling, especially those loosing ranks due to this or those having one more contender for the top3-ranks to beat :P

Naturally, we won't be allowed to see this side of the story though as I'm sure it's been clamped down on to uphold a showing of unity.
At the time of merging I was informed that their allies had been consulted and supported the merging - whether this is the case or not I do not know as it didn't have any effect on the decision.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 8 May 2005, 23:13   #55
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
well it is the same really yes tho thoose that it affects.
We''ll agree to disagree here
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:13   #56
Meciha

Meciha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
What's the big fuzz about? SiN and ND merged? so what?
For me, nothing has changed. It's actually even better, since the active ND and SiN will have better chances to take part in the round from now on. There is nothing illegal in it, it's a strategic option, and was well timed. There's lots of time for SiNND to show how they work as one alliance, and we will see us on the battlefield.
I actually quite like this merge, means that ND and SiN will be more motivated to fight now, which means more action and more battles to fight.
(Btw, i am in Angels, so don't get any wrong impressions, we will still pwn your asses at the end of the day )
Why aren't there more guys like you in the game Gio2k . Good sportmanship

Simple logic: You play a game. The game has rules. Within those rules you play to your best ability. You don't like the rules. You don't play.

Whining teen logic: You play a game. The game has rules. Things happen your frustrated little teen mind wasn't able to conceive beforehand. You whine and cry about it and blame everyone but yourself.

Now go and return to your whining about mid round ranking like your entire world has been shattered.
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:13   #57
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
well it is the same really yes tho thoose that it affects. For example this merge annoys some of the top 10 alliances, other merges have really annoyed some of the lower ranked alliances. Why should the rules changes just becuase the alliance rank changes. Do people really need alliance ranks to justify how good their alliances are? Lets say SiNND won the round somehow, yes they win, big deal they don't get a prize, but surely its the communities evaluation of the win that is important?

If you believe in what you just answered, delete the alliance ranking and lets go back to the old days where alliance were winning by having most planets in top100 and their galaxies in the top10,
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:18   #58
Cedlind
[SiN] HC

Cedlind is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
If you believe in what you just answered, delete the alliance ranking and lets go back to the old days where alliance were winning by having most planets in top100 and their galaxies in the top10,
Or simply by average score, which is imho is what counts
<@Clogg|zZzZz> you get that with most nicks tbh
SiN->SiNND *shivers*->SiN->TGV->really long break->Asc
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:21   #59
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Taking in 1 player, of which both alliances knew he was leaving and joining Angels and of which you had 72 ticks time to beat the crap out of him ... Accusing us of recruiting to gain ranks is pathetic imo. Especially since we're talking about 1 single member.
Both alliances knew? I certainly didn't, which is why I was left going bweh? guh? wha? Ofc, I'll now get nailed for crap intel ¬_¬

But the essence is the same, regardless of "1 single member" it was still enough to have an effect. Would you be complaining if the merge had put us just below Angels? I doubt it very much. All you see is yourself inconvieninced by the moves of another alliance. You'd probably cry if the universe switched from exi to you, and mushed your precious small but 1337 group, about how it was unfair that people used numbers against you.
You still have 4 weeks to respond. If you can't beat us then, you got outplayed within the game envirionment.

Last round we lost with that clever switch (which if it hadn't been a cunning movement of members designed to mislead and give no reaction time, why was another member switched out to show no member gain?), and I did not go crying on AD about how unfair it was to me as a paying player that you used game mechanics to suddenly increase your score.
Instead, I thought about what we would do in the future.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:24   #60
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

We just did this to make Kj mad.
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:27   #61
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony

CHEESE
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:29   #62
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

First of all, let me inform you that I am saying this as a private person. I do not speak for my alliance as that is for the HC to do.

I was quite suprised by the merger, but I can understand why both ND and SiN wanted to merge. ND obviously getting alot of incs all the time and SiN having problems to live up to their own alliance name: Safety In Numbers.

The downside for both ND and SiN is prolly as many allready have commented, that they only will get more incs now by everyone thinking that SiNND is screwing up the game etc etc.

In the meantime:

There are rules to this game, as alot of people allready have commented. A merge is within the rules.

On a sidenote: There is no law against a 50 year old marring a 18 year old. Yet alot of people find it repulsive.

So the argument about it being in the rules is quite irrelevant imho. There are rules, and there are ethical rules.

But anyways: I wish SINND all the best and congrats on the merger.
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:29   #63
Painy

Painy is an unknown quantity at this point

yes teh ebil plot to anoy kj
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:29   #64
fizzyxl
SiN

fizzyxl is an unknown quantity at this point

and some crackers

*edit* Huzzaaaa we been compared to a 50 year old marrying an 18 year old... thats gotta count for something
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:31   #65
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you muppets jumped on the neg rep train again ic

I'm not denying that I'm not happy about this "move" but I'm entitled to. Imo it's just so cheap. Kinda like the r10 Ekysium win, all within the rules be a fking cheap trick.

I'm not saying you're gonna win or anything, and yes I'd have been less bothered if it didn't affect the rank of my alliance. All in all, that's all I care about and play for so imo that's just normal.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:31   #66
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Are we saying what's in our packlunch now? Cause this sounds like quite a french meal thus far.
Also, red or white?

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:37   #67
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Do people really need alliance ranks to justify how good their alliances are?
Coming from a PA team member that line is a joke!
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:42   #68
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Some points:

ND and SiN both fought admirably last round, we were always going to struggle to match that performance. Especially with the quality members we have lost in that period (Lok, Buddah to name 2) and the political situation this round has lead to a lot of 'payback' towards 1up and ND. We HAVE taken a shitload of incs, whether you want to believe it or not.

ND did indeed kick some members, but they were members who had less than 15 defence points, ie, they have defended ND members less than 15 times in the whole round, now, I'm inactive, but even I have managed that a couple of weeks ago.

SiN and ND may have attracted a lot more incs, but it's not possible for it to be much more, especially from the ND perspective anyways.

SiNND will not win this round. We will not hope to. However, it gives the active cores in both alliances a chance to enjoy the rest of the round, and make some difference.

If you don't like it, **** off tbh.
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:47   #69
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about

Just gives the 'active' cores more reason to be roided every night from now til the end of the round...
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:49   #70
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

And who knows where that will lead?

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:49   #71
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I dont really see a problem with this merger...SiN was struggling, and ND wasnt what they probably had hoped(assuming their goals were to improve). They merged in order to get a more active memberbase(I hope ) and hopefully succeeded. Its up to the rest of the alliances if we should allow them to stay in 3rd. It will maybe even make the war more fun.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:50   #72
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedlind
Or simply by average score, which is imho is what counts
Thanks, you just admitted Ex, Angels and ToT to be better than anything your block has to offer
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:50   #73
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramar
Just gives the 'active' cores more reason to be roided every night from now til the end of the round...
maybe so, but its better to go down with friends, all fighting for the same cause, than having inactives and people who don't care about your cause bringing you down.

At least we'll know we did all we could to fight to the end this round, whether you like it or not.
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:53   #74
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Because the top 10-15 alliances make up most of the paying planets in pa so it affects them and their perception of the planteraion team as a whole? And you seem to brush off alliance rankings as though they're meaningless, when, they're actually the most important rankings in the entire game. Alliances fighting, blocking, deciding who their targets will be, are almost soley based upon fighting for a higher a higher ranking, so to right off the opinions of the majority of the paying players, who's alliances choose their targets to try and climb the rankings on a daily basis is a bit naive in my opinion. I don't think you should be trying to nullify the point of alliance rankings when we're talking about merging alliances and the effect it has on the top 10-15 alliances (who are pretty much the only ones really playing for high rankings, and contain the large majority of paying planets). I just think your being a bit inconsiderate about this point considering the rankings is what alliances play for, so they have a right to be annoyed at their work being undone by a merger.
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:56   #75
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Ok, obviously anyone can see the opposition are pissed off, but I wanna know how SiN/ND's allies are feeling, especially those loosing ranks due to this or those having one more contender for the top3-ranks to beat :P

Naturally, we won't be allowed to see this side of the story though as I'm sure it's been clamped down on to uphold a showing of unity.
I've not been in any command meetings at all, and as a 1up member I am not at all peeved off with this merger. I know the sort of hardships that both ND and SIN have faced (as have 1up) and this merge has nothing to do with rank, but the ability to perform as an alliance.

Would everyone have preferred two alliances to have been bombarded into oblivion and for this round to end now rather than later? As far as I see it, this simply allows two alliances to survive together in this game together and provide abit of competition (which is what I hope every alliance appreciates in this game.)

Yes, they've passed 1up in the rankings - but at the end of the day I am fully comfortable with my alliance and its abilities. People talking of increased incomings to SiNND as a result are pathetic - but then I suppose for the majority of alliances who don't have the balls to go for #1, then SiNND may look a tempting target.

If this merge had happened closer to the end of the round where rankings actually matter then there may be cause for discussion in this decision. As it is, you people should really stop whining imo as there is plenty more time to go in this round before any 'winners' are decided.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 8 May 2005, 23:58   #76
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeKiller
Because the top 10-15 alliances make up most of the paying planets in pa so it affects them and their perception of the planteraion team as a whole? And you seem to brush off alliance rankings as though they're meaningless, when, they're actually the most important rankings in the entire game. Alliances fighting, blocking, deciding who their targets will be, are almost soley based upon fighting for a higher a higher ranking, so to right off the opinions of the majority of the paying players, who's alliances choose their targets to try and climb the rankings on a daily basis is a bit naive in my opinion. I don't think you should be trying to nullify the point of alliance rankings when we're talking about merging alliances and the effect it has on the top 10-15 alliances (who are pretty much the only ones really playing for high rankings, and contain the large majority of paying planets). I just think your being a bit inconsiderate about this point considering the rankings is what alliances play for, so they have a right to be annoyed at their work being undone by a merger.

Whose work has been undone exactly?

This hasn't been a merge for ranking.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:00   #77
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
less complaints here so far than i expect o_O

i bet people would complain if angels and exil kicked the inactives and merged tho!
lifes not fair i tells yee
Yeah. Two top 10 alliances (one of them mostly in the lead and effective #1) is surely the same as ND and Sin's situation.

Here's a penny.

Buy yourself a clue.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:04   #78
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros
wasnt ND like

"omfg we rock we have proved we can stand on our own feets (-cough- with 1up block -cough-) lol rofl wtf omfg lol we own"

?

[/flame][/badjoke]

You caught us. 1up orchestrated this. Our next phase is to combine with NoS and get the #2 position and then hold the top 3 and rape you all. We'll slowly be mixing/matching the memberships between us, SiNND and WP in order to get #1,#2 and #3.

But then, it doesnt really affect you. It's not like you're aiming for #1 after all.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:07   #79
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The main points have just been mentioned by zh|l and jonas that explain why this merger happened. Complaints about rankings and average score are stupid at this point in time because the round is not even close to finishing yet. With the time left remaining, SiNND will gradually move into a position that is fitting of our ability.
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:10   #80
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

i am sure that if LCH and angels (or whoever they are allied to) were #11 and #12 they would to the same thing. Anyway its not up to any other alliance what we do so get it in your head and deal with it
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:10   #81
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
The main points have just been mentioned by zh|l and jonas that explain why this merger happened. Complaints about rankings and average score are stupid at this point in time because the round is not even close to finishing yet. With the time left remaining, SiNND will gradually move into a position that is fitting of our ability.
To reiterate for the hard of reading/understanding - I have not been involved in any inter-alliance discussions involving 1up. In conclusion if even I can come to this summary for the reasons 'WHY' then I despair for the people who can't do this and must think with their e-penis.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:13   #82
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzyxl
you do that... its called tactics dont like it go play pokemon
Ehm. Excuse me. I would like to state that, as an ex-Pokemon Master, Pokemon takes quite a bit of tactics. Clearly, a fire pokemon just can't beat a water Pokemon.
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:17   #83
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

The only thing that will directly affect me about this merge is - my gal will have more incs than we're already having on a nightly basis.

With the reds and the greens, it's like Christmas every night in my gal - you guys wanna party with us?

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:18   #84
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolez
Ehm. Excuse me. I would like to state that, as an ex-Pokemon Master, Pokemon takes quite a bit of tactics. Clearly, a fire pokemon just can't beat a water Pokemon.
Pokemon Ruby annoyed me so much. I sucked at that game. I had too many grass pokemon.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:18   #85
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Yeah. Two top 10 alliances (one of them mostly in the lead and effective #1) is surely the same as ND and Sin's situation.

Here's a penny.

Buy yourself a clue.
Well if rankings don't matter so much as you seem to be implying (yes whether the merge was or wasn't for rankings doesn't change the fact they moved to 3rd), then why wouldn't two larger allies be allowed to merge? And thanks for the penny but I think you need it first.
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:23   #86
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

they are allowed to merge beekiller. you have no idea what you're talking about.
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:26   #87
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Well if rankings don't matter so much as you seem to be implying (yes whether the merge was or wasn't for rankings doesn't change the fact they moved to 3rd), then why wouldn't two larger allies be allowed to merge? And thanks for the penny but I think you need it first.
Sorry, no 10 day returns. I really don't need that penny - I have enough.

I will attempt to use some simple words to make it understood for you as you're obviously looking to try and debate my logical and coherent viewpoint (Do note I say viewpoint, as I understand not everyone can see this)

People are throwing examples of Exilition and <insert> around.

Firstly, compare Exilition to either ND and SIN. ND/SIN merged not to gain rank but to function as an alliance with this game - without it, we'll be left with 100 odd players not happy with the game (and thus growing inactive and whatnot or just playing half-hearted - note I do not mean every one of them, I making a grande blanket statement for the state of mind)

If Exilition merged with another alliance, its not to function as an alliance (as their ranking and progress obviously suggest) but merely for ranking.

This is the difference. Two high ranking alliances merging just to create a better average score is not in the interests of this game.

Two lower ranking alliances to function as a competative alliance and fight the good fight is in the interests of this game (but perhaps not necessarily yours)

Loves and kisses,

Edit - Officially, they would be allowed to merge at a guess. I'm giving my own personal beliefs as I believe a 'reasoning' behind the merge is of interest.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:33   #88
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Yes, we are so jealous that our own ally attained a good rank.
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:33   #89
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

cut your whineing guys...whats done is done...if it bothers u so much go and do something about it

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:37   #90
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Firstly, compare Exilition to either ND and SIN. ND/SIN merged not to gain rank but to function as an alliance with this game - without it, we'll be left with 100 odd players not happy with the game (and thus growing inactive and whatnot or just playing half-hearted - note I do not mean every one of them, I making a grande blanket statement for the state of mind)
Why didnt ND and SiN do more to recruit new members then?
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:39   #91
Cedlind
[SiN] HC

Cedlind is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks, you just admitted Ex, Angels and ToT to be better than anything your block has to offer
Yes I did, and I still stand by that comment.
<@Clogg|zZzZz> you get that with most nicks tbh
SiN->SiNND *shivers*->SiN->TGV->really long break->Asc
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:40   #92
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Why didnt ND and SiN do more to recruit new members then?
what?
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:41   #93
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future
Validation

In light of the recent merge, there is mud being thrown from many directions. One question keeps coming back to me.

By their own admission they did away with their inactives before the merge so they are seemingly left with 100 talented/active players. Given the games war dynamics atm, if all 100 members or even 85% of them are quite active, sinnd have to have some serious consideration for the win.

What if sinnd won the round? Would it be a valid win? Is 4 weeks long enough to make it valid?
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:42   #94
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Now THAT's a good reason
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:42   #95
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Funny how angels keep being mentioned alongside Exil and ToT, almost as if they're close allies.

Bwahahah

Also, -this- round, to date, Exil at least have been the best alliance, but frankly, they haven't proven themselves over enough of a period as 1up yet. Hell, they haven't actually finished the round as #1 yet, flopping the last hurdle isn't out of the question, is it?:)))
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:43   #96
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Validation

SiNND still have to perform for the remainder of the round ,or it's all window dressing anyway....stay tuned...
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:44   #97
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

We are alliances of similar mindsets - mainly, we play Planetarion to pick up chicks.

We are alliances with similar motivations - we dont like getting our asses handed to us.

We are alliances with similar commanders: <Gumbie> I am just the right mix of talent, arrogance, and colonialism

We merged to make our alliances stronger. That's all. I'm sorry to disappoint. :/
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:44   #98
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, in my opinion it would not be a valid win. Either way, I doubt very much that they will win the round.
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:45   #99
The_Fish
ND

Again, a few points.

SiNND will not win the round, I don't believe the playerbase would let us win, everyone and their dog would be pounding us if we were even near #1.

No, I don't believe it would be a valid win. However, the merger isnt aimed to increase our chances of winning the round, it is to increase our morale, impact and fun on the round however.

I think it would only be valid if it was a permanent merge, which it may turn out to be, but at this point, its unknown.

Good valid questions though, but I don't think we stand any chance really.
Unread 9 May 2005, 00:47   #100
jerome

What happened to the other weeks of the round? Where do you think their already-possessed score came from? Magically absorbed from thin air? All that happened was a clearing of inactives and merging into a more functional alliance, Rock and VGN did it a few rounds ago, same with MISTU and Phraktos, etc. Just because they merged it doesn't mean their past credit should be ignored. Your reasoning that they 'deserve' a low rank because thats what they had before is non-sensical considering they were both presumably packed with inactives and such forth, sometimes players just cannot commit the time and the effort and adjustments have to be made to accommodate.
Closed Thread