User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 16 Oct 2005, 14:01   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Final stats for R15

As most people have given up even reading the other thread, I'm making a new thread at the request of UN

the final stats are now here.
I'll get them on game.planetarion.com as soon as I know that the server won't be reset

(I'm sure that fairly soon there'll be guides / discussions as to fleet compositions and attacking combinations, even if many of the alliances will horde their guides )
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 14:27   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Final stats for R15

Don't you mean hide their guides
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 14:29   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

same difference :-)
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 14:57   #4
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

weyyy cheers appoc
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 14:59   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

They'd have been done on Friday if it wasn't for Alki *

*they'd have been different and Xan would have probably won, but ...
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 16:00   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

looks like some pretty decent stats there... Bring on R15
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 21:57   #7
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Hope it will not turn out in an all Xan universe
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 22:33   #8
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg
I hope I dont end up in a zik universe..!!
Having to rebuild my ships after every attack
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 00:38   #9
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg
Look at Clogg coining the "If i'm right I'll praise my foresight in a few weeks" post.
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 00:39   #10
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I hope I dont end up in a zik universe..!!
Having to rebuild my ships after every attack
Alessio surely that's the Same with Ter or Xan
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 02:10   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Methinks there will be quite a few Xans around. Soveh's Useful Suggestion (#42) is that you go the race that is good at hitting Xans .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 06:08   #12
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Methinks there will be quite a few Xans around. Soveh's Useful Suggestion (#42) is that you go the race that is good at hitting Xans
xan fr will be pretty good at hitting xan
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 07:40   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
xan fr will be pretty good at hitting xan
There is a reason why the acronym of Soveh's Useful Suggestion is SUS
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 07:42   #14
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
As most people have given up even reading the other thread, I'm making a new thread at the request of UN
UN also requests that you write up various race guides next round for all the races, as presumably you know what you intended to do. I might scrutinise, but "real life" beckons...
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 11:22   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

My major worry is that Xan Fr -> Xan is unstoppable by anything but vipers. *really having second thoughts about that last minute adjustment*
*will post with a last minute update if necessary*

tbh Xan always seem to be the worst race to fiddle with. *cries*
and that would mean I'd make the 20 updates hehe
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 11:45   #16
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
My major worry is that Xan Fr -> Xan is unstoppable by anything but vipers. *really having second thoughts about that last minute adjustment*
*will post with a last minute update if necessary*

tbh Xan always seem to be the worst race to fiddle with. *cries*
and that would mean I'd make the 20 updates hehe
As if anyone is willing to send their Vipers on defence missions

Last edited by Alessio; 17 Oct 2005 at 12:37.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 12:03   #17
khaos

khaos is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at the costs, and for the xan to be able to do the fi combo vs a ter he needs to spend twice as much resources on his pulsars to be able to match the pegs, shouldnt that be changed a bit aswell?
khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 15:04   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

I think the easiest, quickest and most obvious fix is changing Lancer to targetting Fr, and to compensate lancers +2 armour and +1 damage, and cutters +1 armour.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 17 Oct 2005 at 20:02.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 16:23   #19
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i wonder how you can say that xan fr is strongest while that most likely will be second most used xan fleet and you don't look at cath co while that's the first fleet for a cathaar and not really stoppable by anything but ingal defence and even then it will be VERY hard to break through vipers as they are the main part of an attackfleet for a cathaar. only thing against them is guardians really and caths aint gonna build them really.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 16:29   #20
Appocomaster
PA Team

The other options suggested to me are:
drop tzen damage down, perhaps to 40 dmg/cost

change bomber to co-> fr (probably firing after the lancer, then this sets up pulsar/lancer issues)
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 18:35   #21
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

how about either making viper weaker or just keeping lancers hitting co? as removing lancers from hitting co means you make cathaar an uber race.
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 19:26   #22
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Hes not talking about changing lancer targetting.
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 20:01   #23
Appocomaster
PA Team

ok. After intense discussion, there will be a stats change from the origional, but it'll be just dropping the Tzen down to 40 damage. (44 dam/cost)
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 20:12   #24
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Phew, thought you were going to ruin Xan and making Cath unbeatable.
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 20:13   #25
Appocomaster
PA Team

was tempting I was toying beteween making Cath unstoppable and making Terran De PWN
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 21:34   #26
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
ok. After intense discussion, there will be a stats change from the origional, but it'll be just dropping the Tzen down to 40 damage. (44 dam/cost)
this is silly... everyone can see cath is too strong and therefore you make xan weaker... why do people even bother......... appoco, for the love of god LOOK at cath stats
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 21:47   #27
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

They do look strong yes, shame since i really dont wanna go cath.

What do you propose we do with the caths cyph?
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 21:57   #28
cypher
U've been Moderated

either make their co weaker or other anti co stronger
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 21:58   #29
Appocomaster
PA Team

JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR:

WE ARE USING VERSION 19 WITH A SLIGHTLY NERFED TZEN. NO OTHER CHANGES ARE OCCURING.

famous last words ;D
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 22:04   #30
isildurx

Well see , well see
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 22:04   #31
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
They do look strong yes, shame since i really dont wanna go cath.

What do you propose we do with the caths cyph?
Go zik and eat them?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 12:19   #32
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

In a universe with a high proportion of xans then I can't see cath being too strong. Arrowheads are very strong against a pure cath co fleet and I think we will find it fairly rare for a cath only attack fleet to be fi/co, simply because this would only be needed against a xan without lancers or to prevent arrowhead defence. However if it is just used to prevent arrowhead defence it opens up a lot of other defense possibilities.

Assuming there will be plenty of arrowheads in the universe then I don't think cath will be too strong. They will find it easier to get through than most fleets but this is what cath are designed to do. They are hit very easily by fi, de and cr, meaning they won't hang onto their roids for long. It is possible that a few caths in the top alliances/gals will do extremely well, as they did this round, but I don't think it will be quite as extreme as this round.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 12:33   #33
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Geocities for teh Win! I see your funding is as high as ever
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 13:29   #34
Appocomaster
PA Team

my funding, maybe .
poor student, etc etc. I had a free .co.uk address but I lost it a while ago . I guess I could make it look more official and dump things on game.planetarion.com, but if I break something Kloopy wouldn't be pleased with me
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 18:33   #35
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

freenetname.co.uk?
Unread 18 Oct 2005, 18:33   #36
Appocomaster
PA Team

Yes!
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 04:10   #37
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

hmmm every1's raving about xan and cath.. zik dont look a bad option to me.. got afew buffs this round with both BS and FR being decent options.. also no other race can steal making them pretty fun.. ziks were creeping to the top of last round and ziks had appaling stats then.. Zik ftw!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote