User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 May 2006, 23:51   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Possible oppurtunity for me.

I got an email from my politics department today, forwarded on from my tutor. It was forwarded on from what i can see to just the students of one of my courses, about 35 or so of us, at least 30 of whom i can promise you will definitely not be interested, but i may have competition from a few people.

I dont know whether i deffo want to do it, but im now 20, with no clue what i want to do, no work experience, and a rather dull CV. Considering theres a good chance i'll stay in academia, this might be ok. Im about to go into 4th year and havent shown enough involvement in my degree, to be honest

What do you think about it? Does it sound like something i should consider going for?

Email from Vass Fouskas (my tutor):

ATHGO International
13636 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 222
Los Angeles, California 91423, USA
** Telephone: ** Facsimile

Dear Vassilis Fouskas,

The purpose of this email is to invite one (1) student from University of Stirling
to attend an International Symposium at the United Nations European Headquarters in
Geneva, Switzerland titled Architects of the Future: Young Diplomats and the
Millennium Development Goals on September 19-22, 2006.

United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland - September 2006 International Symposium

On September 19-22, 2006, one hundred (100) young participants will lead discussions
about the MDGs in the Palais Des Nations, the United Nations European Headquarters
in Geneva, Switzerland. The symposium is open only to ATHGO Student Friend Members.
We invite you to sponsor a student to attend this very unique experience in Europe.
Only about a dozen of Universities are invited to be represented at this event.
The participants will closely work with several dozen United Nations Permanent
Missions and UN agencies in drafting a resolution that will best incorporate young
people?s efforts in the planning and implementing the UN MDGs. The seats are very
limited. The participants must be at ATHGO Student Premium Membership level ($175US
a year or above) to qualify. The membership invite is valid through May 26, 2006.
Please contact us for the application.

In addition to taking part in this intellectual discussion, the symposium
participants will leave with several significant resources, such as:

Scholarships ? available for the top 10 participants, including 3 all expense paid
trips to be part of a delegation at ATHGO International?s summit at UN?s European
Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland (valued $10,000 US).
Advanced negotiating skills
Enhanced understanding about international diplomacy
Improved leadership and teamwork skills
Personal career advice from world diplomats
A network of young professionals and Senior World Bank officials
The motivation and inspiration required to succeed in today's ever-complex global
environment

The symposium is organized by ATHGO International, a US based NGO whose mission is
to train, motivate, and inspire the next generations of diplomats and international
public policy professionals. Established in 1999, ATHGO has been awarded
consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and
the UN Department of Public Information (DPI) for its role in reaching out to
students worldwide and educating the young people about global human rights,
democratic development, economic self-determination, security, and other issues of a
global dimension.

*(For a list of schools that participated in our previous events, please visit our
April 2006 UN New York symposium page at:
http://www.athgo.org/programs/events..._academia1.asp)

Speakers at our previous symposia have included:

Armen Baiburtian: Deputy Foreign Minister, the Republic of Armenia

Anwaul Kim Chowdhury: Under-Secretary-General, High Representative for the Least
Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing
States

Amir Dossal: Executive Director, United Nations Fund for International Partnerships

Michael S. Dukakis: Former Governor of Massachusetts, Democratic Party nominee for
the presidency of the United States in the 1988 elections, Distinguished Professor
of political science at Northeastern University in Massachusetts

Leon Fuerth: Former National Security Advisor to Vice-President Al Gore

Sarbuland Khan: Director, Division for ECOSOC Support and Coordination

Koby Koomson: Ambassador to the United States from the Republic of Ghana

Francis Lorenzo: Ambassador at the Permanent Mission of the Dominican Republic to
the UN

Michael Mahdesian: Former Deputy Assistant Administrator, U.S. Agency for
International Development, Bureau of Humanitarian Response

Hanifa Mezoui: Chief, UN NGO Section, DESA

Gillian Sorensen: Senior Advisor, UN Foundation

Shashi Tharoor: Under-Secretary-General, UN Communications and Public Information

Antonio Villaraigosa: Mayor, City of Los Angeles

Steve Westly: Controller, State of California

If you have any questions, please contact me at ** or via email at

Cordially,

Gevork Markaryan
Program Director
ATHGO International
www.athgo.org

Any feedback would be wonderful

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 00:00   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Possible oppurtunity for me.

I think you should definately do it.

E-mail your lecturer saying you would be delighted to do it.

Also ask him if he has any idea how much it'll cost you to attend (it'll show your serious about it ... you know asking questions and all).
Unread 23 May 2006, 00:02   #3
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do you have to pay to go? Do you have to listen to a sales pitch for Swiss condos?

If you don't have to pay to go then why not go?

If you have to pay, but you have the money, then it would indeed add a little flavor to a CV and could impress the right person at the right time.

I vote, go for it.
Unread 23 May 2006, 00:04   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ohhh, also ask him if he knows other people who have done it so you can get advice from them (possibly) ... if he nominates you is that you going (if so find out if other people are going for it and kill them or something)?
Unread 23 May 2006, 02:22   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To put it simply

Do it
Unread 23 May 2006, 08:19   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You should apply for it, although it sounds like you'll have to really lay it on thick on any application form.

I didn't understand this bit :
Quote:
The seats are very limited. The participants must be at ATHGO Student Premium Membership level ($175US a year or above) to qualify.
Is this something you need to join to apply, or join if you're successful? Or is it something your Uni sorts out? If it's the former then is this just a membership boosting exercise?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 09:48   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i would say go for it, although with the same reservations that dante has re: it looks like they might be trying to get some money out of you, curiously, didn't flav do something similar to this?
Unread 23 May 2006, 10:09   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

If it was me, I'd definitely do it. So if you're gonna do it, then do it because you want to do it, not because you "don't have anything else to do".

It does sound rather interesting, so good luck with applying if you decide to
Unread 23 May 2006, 11:09   #9
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i would say go for it, although with the same reservations that dante has re: it looks like they might be trying to get some money out of you, curiously, didn't flav do something similar to this?
I went to WorldMUN, which acts as the real UN where you try to resolve international issues, draft and pass resolutions, etc..

It does sound very similar, albeit smaller. This year's WorldMUN had 1400 participants.

If I remember correctly, people on these forums criticized it for being 'a simulation of a simulation', but what the heck, it was fun

Go for it!
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 14:51   #10
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

I just noticed that Deffeh goes to the same Uni as I do....*panics*
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 15:09   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what? I dont like that very much.

What year, what course, where abouts do you live?

Unread 23 May 2006, 15:32   #12
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

MSc in Psychological research methods (I did my BSC here though). I am a halls assistant in Andrew Stewart hall.
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2006, 15:38   #13
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A very good friend of mine, his dad works for the UN. However his dad seems to not actually do much at the UN except go and watch tennis matches. That being said he is a nice chap, and is trilingual. Whats your french like?
Unread 23 May 2006, 15:45   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisto
MSc in Psychological research methods (I did my BSC here though). I am a halls assistant in Andrew Stewart hall.
The posh hall? fack aff I was in murray hall first year, union street last year, and thistle chambers this year. Currently dont have anywhere to live next year due to various issues.

I cant speak a word of french, and my german is ok, but obviously needs a lot of work. I realise my anglocentric nature counts against me somewhat.

Unread 23 May 2006, 15:48   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Possible oppurtunity for me.

Go, get thyself some experiences.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote