User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:21   #101
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of
Re: Offical APA and NewDawn announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrism
well it doesnt matter anymore.

ive left pa. Goodbye.
This post made me cry.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:28   #102
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
This post made me cry.

how many rivers did u cry :-p

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:28   #103
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
how many rivers did u cry :-p
One large, which later split into three smaller branches.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:30   #104
Doorsdown

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

kinda funny in the end the one who did the act is the one hurt the most in the end....ironic eh?

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:31   #105
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
kinda funny in the end the one who did the act is the one hurt the most in the end....ironic eh?
More like karma..

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:31   #106
Doorsdown

what goes arround, comes arround?

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:32   #107
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
Will you lot stop whining about getting exploited and abused for crying out loud!!! It's you're own fault for leaving the back door open, now just get on with the game and deal with the consequences.
And will you please stop being such an idiot with your blind support of his actions. Yes it is APA and ND's fault for leaving the backdoor open for him BUT the way he proceded to use this access is wrong. Gaining the Intel is fine and is part and parcel of parcle of the game BUT you have a responsability when gaining intel to do it fairly and then using that information responsably. If the details are correct tthen he did get it fairly but he certainly wasnt responsable with the intel he gained and as such as not only damaged ND and APA, but also everyone else on that list, everyone in an alliance with people in that list, everyone on a galaxy with people on that list and probally everyone competing with the alliance/people on that list. He changed the way the rounds going to play out potentially for the worst by a lack of honour and responsability and that shouldnt be tolerated. And to those who says its ok as it would have come out anyway, not like it has now it wouldnt. Yes give it some weeks and some alliances would have a near complete list of maybe one, or even both alliances but this is worse than thta, everyone alliance potentially now has that intel of both alliances, intel which some wouldnt have got close to getting even by round end
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:32   #108
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
what goes arround, comes arround?
You will reap what you saw..

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:32   #109
Doorsdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
And will you please stop being such an idiot with your support of his actions.
thank you

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:34   #110
TheRat
Retired

I cant possibly imagine how someone in their wildest dreams could even consider supporting this man/woman's actions. If Coven is supporting this, I hope their fleets run into some serious black holes..

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:35   #111
Doorsdown

Quote:
I cant possibly imagine how someone in their wildest dreams could even consider supporting this man/woman's actions. If Coven is supporting this, I hope their fleets run into some serious black holes..

i'm sure they will

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:36   #112
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Covens fleets dont need black holes, all they need is to launch an attack their fleets dissapear even faster that way
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:44   #113
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

we're talking about Coven here
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 01:52   #114
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about

TheMaster.. please just behave..

I just want to make clear that we in no way support the leaking of all those coords. Any coords gathered should only be shared within a trusted group at all times.

However I don't believe it's such a big deal as you're all making it either. Sure some coords came out, so what? Any decent intel department will have just about every coord that matters within a week or two. Yeah some of our coords came out as well. Tough luck. It only matters to people who want to go to war with us and if they do it's not a big deal getting a coord-list. I dont see a real problem in some of our coords being known.
As to the way the coords were gotten: PA has always been a game on different levels: war, politics, intelligence. Every alliance has had spies and the like placed in other alliances at some point I'm sure. This was just one very efficient action.
I would also like to point out that the person who did this never meant to give the list to everyone out there. It was only for a few people he trusted.

Maybe all you people having a go at us all of a sudden should have a look at themselves realise it's only a game and just have fun at it. We are and have been for a few rounds now.
I remember last round were APA gave out our coord-list to every alliance in the game plus posting the list and random coords of us in every channel they could think of. Did you see us complaining to admins or crying? No, we just went on with our round and dealt with it. It didnt spoil any of the fun we had that round.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 02:08   #115
jackle

I'd jump on the bandwagon, but i'm too tired to overreact to nothing.

Unread 26 Jul 2005, 02:13   #116
Harrism

Harrism is infamous around these parts

Right thats all the formatities out of the way.

Ive asked the pa to DELETE my account.

Ive asked vader to get in touch with eviltone to remove all access I have for supporting my site.

And lets make all this aboslutely clear for you dumb ****s out there.

1) I WORKED ALONE! GET IT.

2) I NEVER POSTED PUBLICLY OR ATTEMPTED TO DO SO, LISTEN FFS

3) SOMEONE I TRUSTED POSTED THEM PUBLICLY BEHIND MY BACK

4) I GAVE IT TO INDIVIDUALLY OF ALLIANCE HC WHO HAD NO IDEA WHERE THIS INTEL CAME FROM.

5) I ASKED 2 THINGS, 1 FOR MORE INTEL, and 2 TO HAVE G2 MIX COORDINATES WITH THEIR FLEETS.
(you want to ask howelse anyone was going to agree to this unless I gave coordinates like this away)

6) I HAVE LEFT G-II PERMINATELY, PA AND THE FORUMS.

7) KARGOOL WANTED ME TO SPY ON COVEN TO GET COORDINATES AND NICKS

8) WHATS THE HELL IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND BEING A TRUSTED SPY? I HAD ACCESS I FOUND ACCESS AND I USED THE INFORMATION TO MY ADVANTAGE. BESIDES WHO AND WHICH ONE OF YOU WOULD NOT USE A DATABASE YOU HAD JUST SEEN WHICH HELD EVERY ****ING COORDINATE OF AN ALLIANCE ON IT.

9) **** OUT OF POINTS, IM OFF. GOODDAY.

APA WERE AS INVOLVED AS THE REST OF THEM! GOODBYE!
R5 - R6 Cluster only
R6 - R14 G-II / disbanded / merge
R9.5 - R13 Newdawn

R14 - G-II, I hope you guys go on.
R14 - my last pa round.

Thankyou Troll.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 02:17   #117
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersander

*snip*

I would also like to point out that the person who did this never meant to give the list to everyone out there. It was only for a few people he trusted.

*snip*
it's only a game and just have fun at it.

First of all Supersander, if Harrism really was that naive that he thought noone would start to pass on theese lists, I must say that even he warrants some pity for being so totally lost from reality.

Yes, it is fun, this game is one of the most funny games I've ever played. And even though SuperSander and his 1337 force in Coven thinks otherwise (hi Commander Carl) I do have fun playing the game. But when certain induviduals put our coords on a website, and actually claims he didnt intend to harm us, just proove that he could do it, and then gloat about it, I would say my fun gets reduced and my "funlevel" reduces.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 02:26   #118
Dory

Dory is an unknown quantity at this point

*is bored*

why does everything turn into Coven-bashing?

and i htink Harry's a great guy. so he found coords and used them? wouldn't you have done the same? besides, its done now. there's no use crying over spilt milk. so stop bawling and get on with the game.

Last edited by Dory; 26 Jul 2005 at 02:40.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 02:41   #119
neogunner
Launch the moogles!!!

neogunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Just responding due to the fact that Xontas said that this isnt really their department for taking action....

Xontas: Isnt this supposed to be ur department?!

bcuz if im not mistaken, part of the terms of agreement is not to be offensive to another player

18.4. Abuse
The definitions of abuse are, but are not limited to:
(a) Abuse is considered as anything offensive to another player or to an
admin.

I think the release of coordinate information of several planets and alliances falls under that....
so correct me if im wrong.....but this is UR department since its under the CHEATING section of the user agreement.

So Harrism's account should hav been closed as soon as the infomation was traced back to him...it shouldnt of had to wait till he requested to be deleted.
3. A line has 1 dimension.

Ask yourself this, how many dimensions does a point have?
Answer from what ive learned: NONE, because it has no measurements, so it doesnt technically exist.
Therefore, lines dont exist, which means squares dont, neither do cubes, or any other polygons.So geometry doesnt exist either.

Last edited by neogunner; 26 Jul 2005 at 02:52.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 03:20   #120
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

What a drama...
Harrism just spyed, he didn't hack. Well done. I understand people who don't like it, the sensation on their burning a**hole certainly isn't very pleasant (i guess their opened cheeks were too inviting to resist) and i wouldn't like it if it had happened to me, but the victimization, the over dramatized posts are just laughable... everything up until Harrism virtual suicide.

Some people are taking it (and themselves) way too seriously.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 03:23   #121
Dory

Dory is an unknown quantity at this point

well said Makhil
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 03:44   #122
Harrism

Makhil, thankyou. PA is just a game and i wish people would leave it like that, but at the end of the day; I cant answer, If I stayed too many people would be throwing insults at me and I wouldnt have a chance at a conversation. Ive never been here to play pa, just to socialise during the nights I dont work.

I might return to irc one day, but Im gonna let the insults die down first, thats the second reason why Im going, the first I seem to have been forgiven for, something someone did hurt, I wont go into it.

Thankyou some people have shown they can construct a reasonable statement. It's just a game.
R5 - R6 Cluster only
R9.5 - R13 Newdawn

R14 - my last pa round.

Thankyou Troll.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 03:49   #123
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Well this is an interesting thread. I thought I would take my time in replying to this thread seeing as it does involve me in a more direct way than most of ND.

Harry, well what a mess you caused, it was to me is an obvious action taken due to a grudge you held against certain ND members, me being one I am sure. I know you would of loved to get a hold on the co ords of those in ND that opposed G-II’s attempted coup and trumpeted there eventual leaving ND. I am sure it left a bitter taste in your mouth that it all fell apart and you were left out in the street with a firm kick in the ass. Now I personally hold no ill will towards you even though I am sure I was one of those few you wanted to have coordinated attacks against. Here is what I am going to do however. I am going to tell you why it wasn’t worth your time and effort to do what you done.

Firstly ND had no intensions on harming G-II

Secondly DLR after seeing that G-II leaving was going to have no ill effect on what our vision of ND, had made a decision to leave things be. After all we wanted a smaller more active member base, and less people that thought defending was more fun than attacking. Then when we saw G-II had 13 members well it really became an non issue as you were not a significant threat to us or the ND plan for r14.

So u had no need to do any of this other than for your personal grudge, the rope was there and you hung yourself with it. You betrayed people that thought of you as a friend all in an attempt to satisfy your own selfish needs. The fact that you easily betrayed people that worked beside you for several rounds so easily and G-II stands by you only makes your departure from ND that much more fitting. G-II stands for nothing that ND does, ND is an honorable alliance and as such there is no place for the likes of you or your kin.

Lastly to everyone here defending Harry, let me say this, is anyone surprised that the spy is shot after he is caught? How fitting that harry was betrayed by a friend after he himself betrayed friends.

Leaving PA harry? I doubt it more like getting a new nick and starting a new planet like other undesirables, Livewire comes to mind.

Anyways I hope you are honest with your apology and I hope you learn from this mistake I wish you do well if the for mentioned is true and you are welcome to pm me any day, you know where to find me if you wish to discuss any of this further.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 04:53   #124
Harrism

you've just earnt my respect troll.

But no I wont be creating a new planet the thought had come to mind. However I do refresh and I do think too often, but no, the time has come for me to leave everything and start my quest on my life.

I decided this the moment I decided to release apa coordinates, that was the decision maker. This would have been my last round regardless of what had or has happened.

Thankyou, speak to this to me more often and you will always have my respect. I do try and be honest, altho sometimes I think too far and too often, for that I applogise. But no I have never got too engroussed in pa I've just done that which I've needed to.

Hesk will wake up in the morning and think what the ****, but this has given me the excuse I need to start getting on with my life, for better or for worse Ive turned it for the better.

Troll, we would have hit you regardless, but you've just earnt enough of my respect within that one post which i will listen you. Yes I did, I allowed my anger to get in the way, my grudge to blind me, and the power to take hold of me. Possessing that kind of information did give me a power trip; one which I would not choose to have again, Im off to draw; to find a wonderful sight and draw it for all the beauty it holds.

Im looking for happiness Troll, and Im glad PA has gone, I will leave it as it. It might have been a bad thread but at least I went out with a bang. I may return, but for pa I will not.
R5 - R6 Cluster only
R9.5 - R13 Newdawn

R14 - my last pa round.

Thankyou Troll.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 04:56   #125
Harrism

my last post and my last signiture.
R5 - R6 Cluster only
R9.5 - R13 Newdawn

R14 - my last pa round.

Thankyou Troll.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 04:59   #126
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about

My god people! Can we all say "Hypocracy" ?

Assuming he did not actually hack their computers, how is this ANY different to the umpteen spies most aliances seem to bother having? Not that I condone that either, but sadly it's a fact of life for this game now days.

To your spying prowess Harrism... well done.

Time to move on people...

Anyone got any more lists for sale?
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 04:59   #127
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrism
Makhil, thankyou. PA is just a game and i wish people would leave it like that, but at the end of the day; I cant answer, If I stayed too many people would be throwing insults at me and I wouldnt have a chance at a conversation. Ive never been here to play pa, just to socialise during the nights I dont work.

I might return to irc one day, but Im gonna let the insults die down first, thats the second reason why Im going, the first I seem to have been forgiven for, something someone did hurt, I wont go into it.

Thankyou some people have shown they can construct a reasonable statement. It's just a game.
Yes Harrism, its just a game, and you deliberatly set foot for destroying the game for over 100 persons. That's infact almost 10% of the players playing now. You didnt think of thoose players when you did this, only to let your own name be in the "infamous" pa nicks like others who have done this game a bad favor. To me your just yet another sad example of individuals trying to destroy for other players fun. I hope you go away for good and never return again. I simply wont forgive what you have done to my friends, and to my alliance, and i cba about how you feel. You got what you deserved. Now go away.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 05:43   #128
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo
how is this ANY different to the umpteen spies most aliances seem to bother having? Not that I condone that either, but sadly it's a fact of life for this game now days.

To your spying prowess Harrism... well done.

Time to move on people...

Anyone got any more lists for sale?
omg
First you say you don't condone that & then you continue on to condone it.
Perhaps you don't quite understand what the word means?
Condone: excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with; "excuse someone's behavior"

Luckily you are wrong on just about everything you said.
Spies are always condemned & imo very few alliances actively work on spying on another alliance.
Why bother? When the intel will fall into place anyway with a little bit of work.

The many peons who have defended spying in this thread, really need to grow up.

Harrism. What can I say? Your latest admission has ofc proven my opinion of you correct.

To anyone trying to defend Harrism because of his intentions.
You really need to think about that.
People are ofc never judged by their intentions.
They are judged by their actions & the results of those actions.
Whatever his intentions were is really irrelevant.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 06:11   #129
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Yes this is a game; a game that alot of people PAY to play, and you just ruined alot of the round for rougly 10% of the entire player population.

2. I have problems believing that you could have genuienly belived that this coords list would remain with those you gave it to. If you have had even half a working brain cell you should have realised what would happen. especially since the way you aquired it was the same way in which the list became public: by a friend stabbing another friend in the back!

3. No matter how much you try to play the victim, you are just as responsible as your traitor friend for this list becoming available to everyone. It was you who broke in somewhere you were NOT supposed to be, and STOLE it!

4. xontas, it really seems like you and your team cannot see Forrest for all the trees.... If you can honestly say that you feel an action like this, that has such a negative effect on so many of your player base, does not deserve action on your part...wow. How can you even wonder why "vigilante" groups appear?

5. There is a big difference between trading intel that you have WORKED to get between allies and posting them publicly as was done in this case, so that the entire player base can see. When allies trade coords between them it is generally kept at officer level, and alot of it is "for future reference" and does not get acted upon. So pls don't cough up more BS about this being normal spying, it is nothing more than an idiotic act that took away alot of fun from the game for alot of people.

6.Something seriously need doing with the general morale of alot of the player base. Reading alot of the above is worrying, but explains alot towards why the nr of players have dwindled.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 06:14   #130
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about

Not real good at detecting sarcasm are you Grog?

The whole point was that what he did is no different to what goes on every round and will no doubt continue in the future.

Be it right or wrong, it's happened and if it had not been posted about here, would have been forgotten about like most other events. Instead, now most people will go looking for the info.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 06:58   #131
h3ll

h3ll is an unknown quantity at this point

u know what this proves?

it really proves harry has had too much weed ;p

goodbye harry hope u finally leave without making a mess
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 07:29   #132
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
how dishonerable it may be to do something like this
the MH are the people to take care of cheating in this game
Unfortunately you seem very incompetent at your jobs and have a history of being very lenient towards the cheaters actually caught.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 08:13   #133
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

There was no Hacking. just access to something he shouldn't have had. nothing illigal's been done.
he ran away with a coords list.

I see nothing different about this than normal spy activity.

and I see no reason for ppl to not use this info, if they have it..

Spy's are part of the game. I don't like it. but it is and has been for ages.

I understand ND is pissed with this guy. who can blame em. but it's realy has little todo with the rest of us.

Suck it up.. live with it. soo.. ppl know your coords. who cares. you can still do well this round.
it's not that long until we all know eachother coords. expecialy when the universe is this small this round =)
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 09:08   #134
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Assuming he did not actually hack their computers, how is this ANY different to the umpteen spies most aliances seem to bother having? Not that I condone that either, but sadly it's a fact of life for this game now days.
My own issue was disappointment at Harrism for potentially ruining the round for members in ND and in our gals, who have now received a first night of far OTT incs; when his issues were mainly with Grog & Troll. On a personal note, I've chatted with Harry, forgiven him and moved on. <3

I think the main anger from others, however, is that this coordlist was released to pretty much everyone in the game; it got out publically and even though ND would be able to handle one, maybe two alliances around our rankings if they were to hit us (how things would occur if it was leaked in the normal way: To HCs and MOs who control alliance firepower), we're not really in a position to deal with mass random launchings from around the universe. Especially since this has come in a round where we've already lost dozens of players and have spent a huge amount of effort on rebuilding...

I can understand their point of view, as the effects this has is very different from how spies normally release intel as everyone who either dislikes ND, or thinks we're easy roids, now launches at ND. And then others who realise ND will have a lot of incs will launch on us as well, knowing our DCs will be very, very busy anyway...
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 11:29   #135
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

"do shut up you're just making yourself looks like a nob, co-ords are leaked, taken every round so grow up and get on with it like everyone else has before you" <---from a twit who "neglected" to sign his neg repping. love these ppl to death...

Seems u missed the point of my post you dimwit!!! so I will try to put it simple so you might be able to grasp it ever so slightly.
My post was not a whining over the coords that were taken, but rather aimed towards the carelessness with which this info was treated and the rather feeble attempts at explanations; and also, most importantly, how some of the posts in this thread expresses a sense of morality and fair play (or lack of thereof) that in my opinion ruins alot of the game for alot of people! And I know I am not alone in having this opinion.

now, to those that just shrug and say that "all is fair in love an war"...this is true, but this is not it folks! Pa-team are supplying a product which they need to SELL! When you get actions by single persons that negatively affect such a large % of the customer population, something needs doing. Now, this is an argument about a PRINCIPLE, not just this case (though it is a very good example).

Now if this post also went over ur head, pls feel free to bugger off at you own leisure, whoever you are.

Last edited by Kaisto; 26 Jul 2005 at 11:34.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 12:05   #136
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
What a drama...
Harrism just spyed, he didn't hack. Well done. I understand people who don't like it, the sensation on their burning a**hole certainly isn't very pleasant (i guess their opened cheeks were too inviting to resist) and i wouldn't like it if it had happened to me, but the victimization, the over dramatized posts are just laughable... everything up until Harrism virtual suicide.

Some people are taking it (and themselves) way too seriously.
Its NOT the obtaining of the info that people are worried about. Its his irrespondable use of this data that is annoying people as his petty little grudge against a couple of people has now effected about 100 players directly and probally double that indirectly .

I repeat its his use of the infomation not the gaining it which is the real issue here. And no-one here should be trying to justify his idiocracy and self centeredness. Yes ND and APA are at blame for him getting the intel (and on one hand I'm glad this happened to APA because their cheating to gain Intel on F-Crew and I'm exteamly pissed off at both of them for their lax secuity that allowed this to happen but its the actions that followed that which step over the line

He may have had a grudge against ND, he may have felt ND and APA were going to hit his alliance and he may have gone after the info to protect his alliance but this is where he lost sight of his cause. He went from being someone who was fighting a cause to someone who thought "Sod it lets do as much damage to the game as I can". He stopped going after just those who he had the grudeg agaisnt and decided to drag a whole host of innccents into the mix as colletaral damage. Thats just not on and no alliance in this game should be supporting this. Such actions simply arent good for the future of the game, when the game was at its peak it was like a war, every side was trying to come out on top but there was somewhat of a honour code in place. This kept the game somewhat civilised and made it a community that people could join easierly. A community however like this where people support and encourage a lack of honour isnt a nice community to be in and it isnt good for the games progress.

I firmly beleieve every alliance in this game should be from the HC down be promoting playing honourably. I'm not saying you should start clsoing down your intel wings and such like as spying is part of the game but intel should be gathered fairly without cheating and when obtained it should be used responsably .Perhaps then we might have a community thats more welcoming to new players and has an easier time holding onto its current players
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 13:07   #137
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodders
The information contained on the website was not open for all to come and browse at their leisure steps where put in place so that only members could access it, so obtaining the info was not just stumbling across a list of co-ords it was a deliberate act. TBH i dont like the fact that this happend but it has and i for one will not let this do anything but fuel my motivations to go out there and roid the hell out of people.

Keg further to you two pennies worth.

[APA] are not holding the actions of one individual against the entire of G-II and as for you comments about [APA] having a relay bot in your chans for the entire round (even after Johnny was discovered intel was still coming out of your 'private chans' via a different source, with out any dishonesty and such) that again was an action taken by an individual not by [APA] as a whole. There is one major difference here we kept all the information that we acquired to ourselfs we did not allow it to be leaked, in all honesty Keg i expected better from you.

You know [APA] are here to have fun and do their best, we would not stoop to such a low point as to multi to get access to your chans the fact that a dishonest member decided to go against the rules of the game and everything that [APA] stands for should not be held against us.

As soon as the true extent of these actions was known [APA] done what was right and yes we openly acknowledge that F-Crew provided the critical information here.

As for [APA] members going into vacation mode, like Kargool was being serious about that. We will not run and hide from people (not that we can hide after this) we will continue to be a thorn in peoples sides and if anything we have hardly anything to lose now.
You should be holding the actions against all of G-II tbh. Not that i'm saying they had anything to do with what happened but their failiure to condem the actions amkes them as guilty as those responsable..

Oh and your spying activities last round I'm getting sick of your whitewashing this event and your attempt to make your alliance out to be so great and nobel while trying to make us look like incompetant fools. Yes you got spies in the alliance but thats hardly suprisng the amount of attempts you made to do so. For some reason last round you decided it would be a good idea to take pot shots at us, an alliance who wasnt hostile to you, whom considered you friends, whom in your early days always had the time of day for your HC and were always willing to help you out and offer advice. I mean does it make you feel big stabbing a 'friend' in the back and taking advantage of our good nature and our desire to help the game. And I still have my doubts that no-one else in the alliance knew what Jackal was doing. APA did deserve what they got, the sad fact about this however is the way this was done its dragged alot of innocents into your mess and they are being made to pay for your alliance inadequances

PS. Your actions last round BTW werent far off the actions here. People in your ranks hyjacked our attacks and named their fleets so as to inform others whom was attacking. You also tipped off a number of galaxies that we were going to be attacking just because you didnt like one of our members (A member that thedude told me if I didnt kick that APA would attack and if we defended APA would declare war on us.) You were basically making our membership list public through these actions
The Farnborough Crew

Last edited by wakey; 26 Jul 2005 at 13:29.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 13:21   #138
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about

Looks like APA has a history of making coord-lists public
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 13:25   #139
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Bodders whose ****ing post are u reading?? i didnt have a go about the actual relay bot at all, i just said considering u lot have gained info in an illegal way before u shouldnt be milking this so much.
Tbh APA is just getting more and more arrogant. ive lost all respect i had for ure alliance and all the members in it bar one single person. F-Crew has been nuthing but friendly towards APA and we even let go the realy bot thing and tried to continue that last round. And the general reaction from APA members is to belittle F-Crew and sing all high and mighty about how shite we are and how great u are. U also made a big fuss about how our security was rubbish etc. well look in the mirror, its not us that have let our entire list of coords get out, idiots. And dont expect better from me, i have no respect for u or ure alliance anymore and infact i have a severe dislike for u all
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 14:10   #140
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
You should be holding the actions against all of G-II tbh. Not that i'm saying they had anything to do with what happened but their failiure to condem the actions amkes them as guilty as those responsable..

Oh and your spying activities last round I'm getting sick of your whitewashing this event and your attempt to make your alliance out to be so great and nobel while trying to make us look like incompetant fools. Yes you got spies in the alliance but thats hardly suprisng the amount of attempts you made to do so. For some reason last round you decided it would be a good idea to take pot shots at us, an alliance who wasnt hostile to you, whom considered you friends, whom in your early days always had the time of day for your HC and were always willing to help you out and offer advice. I mean does it make you feel big stabbing a 'friend' in the back and taking advantage of our good nature and our desire to help the game. And I still have my doubts that no-one else in the alliance knew what Jackal was doing. APA did deserve what they got, the sad fact about this however is the way this was done its dragged alot of innocents into your mess and they are being made to pay for your alliance inadequances

PS. Your actions last round BTW werent far off the actions here. People in your ranks hyjacked our attacks and named their fleets so as to inform others whom was attacking. You also tipped off a number of galaxies that we were going to be attacking just because you didnt like one of our members (A member that thedude told me if I didnt kick that APA would attack and if we defended APA would declare war on us.) You were basically making our membership list public through these actions

We did not at first hold any grudge towards G-II as a whole, however, this changed considerably after their posting on the forum. We are not especially happy with them at the moment...

Wakey..sometimes I wonder what you are on... and oh yes, Im getting sick of you ranting about this at every opportunity...
That incident from last round, pls get over it wakey. We screwed up yes, by not watching one of our fellow HCs closely enough, because we trusted him. I do admit that the playing around with the fleetnames was a bit childish, but hey, boys just wanna have some fun. They all believed that this intel was due to you guys being a tad incompetent, and for a good reason. It had happened before! Right Bodders? Also, that grudge we had towards one of your members was justified, you know this! Could be that Dude overreacted a bit when he spoke to you, I don't know. I do know however, that were rather pissed off at the time because of what that member tried to do.

We do not try to pose as great and noble, we have faults as everyone else; BUT WE DO HAVE CODES OF CONDUCT, and we follow them! Our HC broke it, and we chucked him out immediately. We have no beef with f-crew, nor have we had one.

(With the exception of keg..pls have him start using some deodorant, he is stinking up our pub chan)

Don't even try to claim that this incident is the equivalent of this, cause you know its not true. Deserved what we got...I really thought stuff like this was beneath you wakey. You speak of honour and and being noble, yet you frequently jump at the opportunity to slander us and throw accusations for which you have no proof. Hardly a nobel thing to do imho. Either you should stop yapping about these concepts which you atm seem to embrace only partially, or you should start putting your money where your mouth is....
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 14:17   #141
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
Bodders whose ****ing post are u reading?? i didnt have a go about the actual relay bot at all, i just said considering u lot have gained info in an illegal way before u shouldnt be milking this so much.
Tbh APA is just getting more and more arrogant. ive lost all respect i had for ure alliance and all the members in it bar one single person. F-Crew has been nuthing but friendly towards APA and we even let go the realy bot thing and tried to continue that last round. And the general reaction from APA members is to belittle F-Crew and sing all high and mighty about how shite we are and how great u are. U also made a big fuss about how our security was rubbish etc. well look in the mirror, its not us that have let our entire list of coords get out, idiots. And dont expect better from me, i have no respect for u or ure alliance anymore and infact i have a severe dislike for u all

I am sad to hear this Keg, I really am. We have nothing against you or the members of your alliance. Personally, I have great respect for what your alliance attempts to do and any comments that have been made, have been ment to be humorous. What you say about the relay bot thing is not entirely true though. As you can see here and in other posts, Wakey has not let it go, nor does he seem willing to do so.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 14:51   #142
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

"attempt" to do? subtley put in there,.....

a "bit" chilidish? "boy's will be boy's"?? - oh dear, your co-ords got leaked hey, boys will be boys,.. not really the best of arguments is it???

Are you guys planning on going into vacation mode if your attacked???
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 14:55   #143
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodders
lots of unoffical blabber that the HC of APA does not condone or approve..

First of Bodders, you should have known better than to write up a crap post like that. Second, no, infact, there is no second point.
------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keglomaniac
Its indeed very sad that you judge us by the way someone treated you last round, but its okay, I understand, and I didnt like it either. I got offerd a spot in the channel that feed APA info from F-Crew but i rejected the offer as i didnt think it was appropiate nor did i like the idea of that happening. I even informed your HC at that time about it. If you want logs, i am ready to show you.

Let me make this crystal clear. As long as I am in HC of APA and supporting APA with my name, my activity and my work, I will NOT agree to ANY kind of spying being done by US. We will not do dishonest tricks, we will meet our opponents in fair fight on the battle for roids and we will not fall into the clutches of greed and do spying.

Now about the relationship APA has towards F-Crew and the other way around, I am pretty sure that you Keg dont want to slander anymore, and discuss this with me further in an mIRC convo.

APA HC has spoken on theese matters and any further comments made in this tread by any of APA's members must stand on their own name, not APA.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 15:08   #144
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
"attempt" to do? subtley put in there,.....

Are you guys planning on going into vacation mode if your attacked???

1..wow..seems like I underestimated the paranoia going around here.. this was intended to be nothing more than a compliment, believe it or not...

2. vacation mode...lol, nope...we are here to play and have fun. Nothing fun happens in vac mode
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 15:51   #145
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisto
1..wow..seems like I underestimated the paranoia going around here.. this was intended to be nothing more than a compliment, believe it or not...

2. vacation mode...lol, nope...we are here to play and have fun. Nothing fun happens in vac mode
paranoia?? never,... someone is following me i swear,... is it you???

Good, good,.. no vac mode,.. good to hear it,.. i'll hold you to that just get all your members to excile granted you can track moved planets with sandmans,.. but it creates some work
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 15:54   #146
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

With the planet and rulernames being properly unique nowadays i think every arbi automatically tracks down all moved planets, so that prolly dont work
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 16:33   #147
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisto
We did not at first hold any grudge towards G-II as a whole, however, this changed considerably after their posting on the forum. We are not especially happy with them at the moment...

Wakey..sometimes I wonder what you are on... and oh yes, Im getting sick of you ranting about this at every opportunity...
That incident from last round, pls get over it wakey. We screwed up yes, by not watching one of our fellow HCs closely enough, because we trusted him. I do admit that the playing around with the fleetnames was a bit childish, but hey, boys just wanna have some fun. They all believed that this intel was due to you guys being a tad incompetent, and for a good reason. It had happened before! Right Bodders? Also, that grudge we had towards one of your members was justified, you know this! Could be that Dude overreacted a bit when he spoke to you, I don't know. I do know however, that were rather pissed off at the time because of what that member tried to do.

We do not try to pose as great and noble, we have faults as everyone else; BUT WE DO HAVE CODES OF CONDUCT, and we follow them! Our HC broke it, and we chucked him out immediately. We have no beef with f-crew, nor have we had one.

(With the exception of keg..pls have him start using some deodorant, he is stinking up our pub chan)

Don't even try to claim that this incident is the equivalent of this, cause you know its not true. Deserved what we got...I really thought stuff like this was beneath you wakey. You speak of honour and and being noble, yet you frequently jump at the opportunity to slander us and throw accusations for which you have no proof. Hardly a nobel thing to do imho. Either you should stop yapping about these concepts which you atm seem to embrace only partially, or you should start putting your money where your mouth is....
The actions arent far from whats been done here. You obtained information through ways you shouldnt have and then procedded to use this info to publish our co-ords to the universe. It may have just been on a galaxy basis and basically only announcing the planets that took part of in the attack but it was still a public announcement..

And you say I show no honour when dealing with APA, do you blame me. Being treated in a honourable manner is something people have to earn and its a right APA lost a long time ago. We let your alliances cheating pass, let you take all the credit for doing the right thing and how do we get repaid, we get idiots like Bodders constantly throwing it in our faces with comments like "even after Johnny was discovered intel was still coming out of your 'private chans' via a different source, with out any dishonesty and such". In this portayal of us as incompetant fools you fail to mention the fact that we stopped many other APA spies (3 in the first week sent on behalf of thedude), the speed at which we managed to locate bodders after it became clear another HC had ****ed up and added a spy and the way we were able to track Jackal down as the spy even though he had the perfect cover or for that matter the various other spies we dealt with quickly. To me that seems like it wasnt as big a secret as you would like us to believe

Now as for the supposed slander I guess you mean the fact that I stated others in APA knew about it, well I'll just point out that slander requires something to be untrue however when I .point out that the information I reported to the multi hunters about the two co-ords (which i reported a good 6 hours before APA did) came from someone in your own ranks. They told me Johnnys nick, his co-ords and then gave me Jackals co-ords claiming that was the other account.

And finally once again I will state we keep trying to put the issue to bed, hence why we were willing to let you guys announce it but we keep getting it thrown in our face and we keep learning more and more about the scale of your operation against us because of it. Strange really because we keep getting told to trust you and Kargool keeps coming to us with offers that would require us to put some trust in you yet every day we find something else out which makes us trust you less.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 18:04   #148
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Not real good at detecting sarcasm are you Grog?
I ran it through the sarcasm detector i got at radio shack last week & it didn't pick up a thing.

damn, maybe I need to replace the batteries in this thing
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 18:14   #149
Dovai
Rage

Dovai is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe we should all just stop bashing away at each other?

No matter how bad things we say about each other it wont change anything. Hopefully having this up will put off people from doing the same in the future but even if it doesn't theres nothing we can do about it.

'There's no point complaining about things you can't change.'

Hope Is The First Step On The Road To Disapointment
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 18:30   #150
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

TBH Harrism, if you didnt hack, then you ahve no reason to quit pa, as you have only done what countless other people try and do every round.

So just dont quit.
Closed Thread