User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 02:41   #1
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of
SPOOOOOON Announcement

Good morning ladies and gents.

It has come to my attention that some less genial corners of the Planetarion community have been voicing grumbles about the general lack of enjoyment to be had this round. While I hear and understand your concerns, I can hardly say I share them. This has indeed been a fun round for us, a small and relatively unimportant battle group walking amongst the giants of the game. We are, to all intents and purposes, just another BG - another sad excuse for a group of players that couldn't find an alliance we were willing to play for. That's certainly how the rest of you seem to view us, which is to me neither a surprise nor an issue. Think what you will, be it right or wrong.

However, it must be said that we're not just another group of tired egos tired of the trends. SPOOOOOON (or Saints, to use our proper name) brought a group of players from other games together for this round, injecting new blood into a dying game, and for what we had to work with (limited tools, a general lack of knowledge about the workings of the game) I like to think we've done extremely well to get to where we are. However, it has become obvious that my sentiments are not shared by the powermongers of Ascendancy and xVx - indeed, they feel we're a thorn in their side, and have expressed a need to team up to bash our galaxies, despite xVx supposedly holding a NAP with us. To this I say - well done! You certainly did the political thing, and claimed non-Saints planets in our main galaxies. It's not technically breaking the NAP, but you know as well as we do that if we'd done it to you earlier on, you'd have dropped everything there and then and come at us full force. Power does strange things to people, it seems, and when you're fighting for #1 nothing is sacred, not even carDi's limited reputation.

This is why we're asking for a fair fight. So far, the only people willing to fight us on even terms have been DLR, and though our brief power struggle was fun, it was largely fruitless. Neither side lost or gained from the Cath vs. Xan war, but eventually the Asc pressure on DLR proved too much and they caved in. I don't blame them one bit, but it is here I point out that we will not do the same. There will be no vacmode refuge for us - we intend to finish the round as we started it. Some of our planets are indeed in vacmode for tonight, but there is a specific and uninteresting reason for this. Needless to say they'll be back out of it in a few hours, when vacmode is universally cancelled. The only planet likely to stay in is mine - I've got a weekend of solid festival work ahead of me and won't have time to check on - let alone play - this most time-consuming of games.

This brings me summarily to the point of this post. If you've read this far, you either actually care about the political situation in Planetarion, or you've just got nothing better to do, but either way, read on. The point is this: Saints will play on, will not back down, and will not rest until either our planets are burning husks surrounded by the corpulent shells of enemy ships, or you get bored and leave us alone to go roid F-Crew.

However, we know you're not exactly going to give us a fair fight on our own terms, which is why the entire BG has joined Rock as a semi-autonomous wing. We now operate under their political umbrella.

Thank you for your time.

-Saints HC