User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:14   #1
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Help

my laptop has died

NOW

my website is on there, and if you look on my siggy, its in need of a rush job in fixing it,

what happens is its dead, totally dead, wont turn on whatever i try

-taking battery out leaving just power in
-visa versa
-holding in the ps2 port with finger while doing above things for 30 seconds

DEAD

any help?

its a compaq armada 110
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:18   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
When was the last time it was used, insofaras is it possible the fuse has gone in the plug and the battery's simply flat?

Alternatively it's going to be hard to diagnose, given the proprietary nature of the parts =/

Go Go Gadget PC Repair Shop etc
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:21   #3
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Starbucks tricked me into this forum.

Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:21   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

plug is working

last used it about a day ago, it just "turned off randomly" during mid use

havent been able to turn it on since, happened a couple of days ago when a friend was using it, managed to get it to work after a couple of hours doing what i said in first post
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:24   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Another stupid question, but it's not been dropped at all, allowed to overheat, 'bent' recently? If it's an intermittent problem it could imply some kind of loose connection maybe, but the last Compaq I had die on me was battery related, wouldn't do **** till I put a new battery in even running on straight AC.

I was probably doing something wrong.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:27   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

i dropped it christmas time, video went funny

hit it again, worked fine since
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:30   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Sounds a likely candidate tbh. Could always try removing all PCMCIA cards just in case, but I can't see it making much difference. Unscrew as much of the case as possible and just have a poke round, might be something obvious like a loose mobo cable...

Edit:
http://web14.compaq.com/falco/detail.asp?FAQnum=FAQ5090

Compaq webby was real helpful =/
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:33   #8
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

pcmcia cards all removed

im always reluctent to open up this thing

i might just phone up dixons tomorrow and get em to fix it
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 10:27   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
i might just phone up dixons tomorrow and get em to fix it
Not a bad idea!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote