User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 22 Feb 2003, 01:34   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
VCD/Nero

Okay, I have an MPEG file I want to put on VCD. The file is standards compliant NTSC format and Nero will quite happily burn it to disc but the dick won't play in a normal DVD player (definitely capable of playing VCDs).

Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've never done this before and apparently it's not as simple as it first seems
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 02:16   #2
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VCD/Nero

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Okay, I have an MPEG file I want to put on VCD. The file is standards compliant NTSC format and Nero will quite happily burn it to disc but the dick won't play in a normal DVD player (definitely capable of playing VCDs).

Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've never done this before and apparently it's not as simple as it first seems

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 13:16   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
The DVD player can handle NTSC format, it comes up with 'no disc' or 'no play' when I try and use it rhough
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 16:14   #4
Pineapple
Banned

Pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
its not the type of disc is it?
you know like some audio cd players wont play some copied cds but they will play on other players.

i know my friends wouldnt play copied (v)cds (it said on the website when we looked about)
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 16:19   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Call me silly, but you ARE burning this as a VCD right?
You're not just bunging the MPEG onto a normal data CD and expecting it to play?

Unread 22 Feb 2003, 16:34   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
Call me silly, but you ARE burning this as a VCD right?
You're not just bunging the MPEG onto a normal data CD and expecting it to play?

I'm using Nero's 'Make a VCD' option. It certainly sets up a directory structure and other stuff, I downloaded a VCD player to check it with and it worked so I know I've done SOMETHING right, obviously I've done something wrong as well though and I don't know what
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 16:39   #7
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
Try it on a mates player.
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 17:03   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Well I've used the VCD thingy (I have the latest version of nero) and it worked fine on my flatmate's DVD player.
Can't really help you there I'm afraid.

Unread 22 Feb 2003, 17:08   #9
Gayle29uk
Bitch

I'll go with Pineapple and BesiegedB's suggestion then, try it on someone elses DVD player.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 18:39   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Our player at the flat can run only certain CD-R discs it seems, it's a little picky, it has a taste for expensive ones though.

Gipsy bastard.

Does the player even accept CD-R/CD-RWs?
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 15:27   #11
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
what pab said, some 'vcd capable' players seem to only be able to play certain brands of cdws/cdrws

maybe try a few different brands and see if that's the problem
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 15:30   #12
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
might help: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote