User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2007, 07:25   #1
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Where did XP for defense go?

According to the manual 100 xp is divided by all defending fleets.

I did not get xp for a recent defense with ships at home.

Another person in #planetarion reported the same problem.

How will this be corrected?
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 11:06   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Where did XP for defense go?

I just had the same problem
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 13:36   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it was my fault. I accidently commented out a calculation then used it to check if I should award xp to defenders.
I've rectified the issue now. sorry for the problems caused.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 14:34   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Is the fix going to be backdated to all those who missed out on XP that they should have got?
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 15:36   #5
Malak

XP never had defence, you should install Fedora Core 6
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 05:19   #6
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Another reason to rollback to tick 72
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 12:33   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If you didn't guess, my fixing wasn't quite as planned
The missing XP will not be restored.
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 23:21   #8
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Lol
First you steal my XP,
Then you recall my fleets for being too slow.
After that you give double resources, which benefits those who landed more than those who got their fleets recalled.
What's next?
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 03:00   #9
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
If you didn't guess, my fixing wasn't quite as planned
The missing XP will not be restored.
No offense cause I know you are not paid but If I told my customers "Yes we know there is a problem, and we know it was our mistake, we have fixed it and we will not make things right by restoring your XP, credit, etc." my customers would go totally nuts and I would be fired for not doing my job. I credited $104 today because a mistake was made on a customers account. Maybe PA should have a policy on this also.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 04:15   #10
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

I'm quite disgusted there.

It belongs to my special way of (now) playing the Game to get XP for defending my own planet.
The manual was straight and clear about it, and I already had 3 waves on me, i.e. 300 XP.

This is what I got from 'support' on the issue:

----------------
You asked:
Write your request here:

Is it normal that i get no xp for deffing, with some ships in the base fleet, and hostiles landing on me?

i should at least have 399 xp by now as I see from the manual only have 199 tho, for the roids i inited

greets
randal

Our response:
There were a change made to who xp works for defending this round, sadly it\'s one of the things we didn\'t announce and forgot to add to the manual, mainly cause we were a bit pressed for time to get things ready. :/ The planet being attacked doesn\'t get xp for defending any more, but the others defending the planet will, it works pretty much in the same way as before. Each defender gets xp depending on how much value their fleet makes up of the total defending fleet, and the total xp for defending is still 100 as before.

Hope this helps.
- Cin

We hope this answered your question and that your problem was resolved. If not, please submit a new request for support and we will help you as soon as we can. PA-Support
------------

In those last 20 Rounds, nothing actually annoyed me more than this.
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 04:55   #11
Makhil

is there an announcement about this change ? I haven't seen any on the portal, not even in the "changes from last round" section of the manual. Could we have an official statement, coz it's a major change for people who like to defend themselves rather than running away.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 14:23   #12
Auto
Ultimate PA n00b

Auto is an unknown quantity at this point

As it seems, my logg shows you still get XP for defending your own planet, but only if other players defend you to
Dunno if this was the intention, but it is fair enough to stop the abuse of the system..
Auto is offline   Reply With Quote