User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Feb 2010, 23:30   #1
TcMatic

TcMatic is an unknown quantity at this point
returning fleet

Maybe a stupid id
iff my attack fleet is returning like eta 7 and got inc eta 8,
i need to get up before the attacker land to switch fleets
is it to hard to do returning to base fleet?

some people got a real life with work and stuff and cant jump out of bed to do things on a f***** game and go to bed again

Last edited by TcMatic; 27 Feb 2010 at 23:39.
TcMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 01:42   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: returning fleet

Not everyone would want their ships to go into hiding automatically, though.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 09:36   #3
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

If you think this is a problem, then simply don't attack in the evenings. Normally incs appear around 0500am so if you know you cant be around 7hours after it lands then simply dont attack.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 12:39   #4
TcMatic

Not every one is working daytimes.
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 12:42   #5
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcMatic View Post
Not every one is working daytimes.
And even if, especially with regards to work there might always be something that you cannot foresee to prevent you from checking Planetarion.

On the other hand, though, this would completely eliminate fleet catches, which are a vital element in the game so far.
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 12:52   #6
TcMatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
And even if, especially with regards to work there might always be something that you cannot foresee to prevent you from checking Planetarion.

On the other hand, though, this would completely eliminate fleet catches, which are a vital element in the game so far.
good point

ok
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 21:00   #7
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

The problem I see with a fleet catch is this. The majority of the time an FC will be done to reduce an enemy alliances score.

This really does mean a kick in the teeth for the player getting the FC, as it means that his/her round is over.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 21:42   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
The problem I see with a fleet catch is this. The majority of the time an FC will be done to reduce an enemy alliances score.
I disagree. The majority of the time a fleetcatch will be done to reduce the score of a particular player. For example, I remember that Ascendancy used to go out and kill elviz every round, simply because we didn't want him to win. Fleetcatches fit very nicely in the whole political aspect of PA; you make enemies, you face the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
This really does mean a kick in the teeth for the player getting the FC, as it means that his/her round is over.
The effort required to set up a fleet catch is such that they are fairly rare. Most players will never have to face one. Even in a round as one sided as r35, Apprime (according to my sources!) only pulled one off a couple of times.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 1 Mar 2010, 02:08   #9
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The effort required to set up a fleet catch is such that they are fairly rare. Most players will never have to face one. Even in a round as one sided as r35, Apprime (according to my sources!) only pulled one off a couple of times.
Isnt it just, hey we've got someone landing next tick, everyone with a Fi/Co fleet home join #fleetcatch, which will then a have a topic with a battlecalc of everyone whose launching and everyone who joins the channel then adds there fleet to the battlecalc? then 5mins to launch theres a notice, followed by 1min, followed by 30secs? Fleet catchs dont seem be anything special? a organised nightly alliance attack takes more effort with scans and target picking?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2010, 08:43   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm going to assume you never actually set one up.
Unread 1 Mar 2010, 12:32   #11
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

Kinda in the same vein, Im unable to calc good attacks as I work, if PA could figure out who would be my best target, set my fleet up for best ratios and launch it at a prime time that would really make a great addition.

PLEASE STOP DUMBING DOWN THIS GAME! Auto running fleets, the limits on allowing you to defend who you want, even PL, it takes away game play. When this game was successful you had to really play it, which meant alarm clocks and light sleeping, it increased the social play as well.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2010, 13:00   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I got fleet caught this round. DAMN YOU DLR.

Also, I don't forsee changing it so that returning fleets automatically "hide" when they return to your planet. It's the reward of activity, I'm afraid. (or get a phone that has internet)
Unread 1 Mar 2010, 23:59   #13
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I got fleet caught this round. DAMN YOU DLR.

Also, I don't forsee changing it so that returning fleets automatically "hide" when they return to your planet. It's the reward of activity, I'm afraid. (or get a phone that has internet)

If it's such a problem, and you really do have a Real Life then a no brainer...........quit playing PA. That was easy.

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2010, 11:45   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
Kinda in the same vein, Im unable to calc good attacks as I work, if PA could figure out who would be my best target, set my fleet up for best ratios and launch it at a prime time that would really make a great addition.
Will you marry me?

This is the same thing I've been hoping for - I'd immediately return to the game if I could have a planet that plays itself to top10 without me having to dedicate time and effort to it and log in to the game at unconventional times. Bliss.

ps. I could still contribute by picking up a race, a planet, and a rulername.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2010, 17:24   #15
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post

ps. I could still contribute by picking up a race, a planet, and a rulername.
Brilliant idea, let's just turn the game into a rulername contest, everyone picks a rulername, then some crazy algorithm picks the winner based solely on how great your rulername was! Sounds like a real winner to me!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2010, 18:32   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Is this a sarcasm competition or what? You're totally winning it.
Unread 2 Mar 2010, 20:20   #17
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Will you marry me?
Anne is marrying me when I can afford a ring large enough!
Unread 2 Mar 2010, 21:26   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltsin View Post
Anne is marrying me when I can afford a ring large enough!
What a waste. A Norwegian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Is this a sarcasm competition or what? You're totally winning it.
I'm sorry. JBG's GD post triggered this spew. It won't stop, I tried.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote