User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 12 Aug 2006, 05:08   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
New pods

I agree with a previous post that maybe we should look at different races rather than trying the impossible in fixing Cath EMP problem (either too strong or too weak) and Zik stealing (so easy to farm/cheat without being caught).

Maybe the new races could have specific pods:
- the stealing pod : classic with a slight change, roids are traveling back with the attack fleet, their resources are produced only once the fleet is back home.
- the killing pod : roids are destroyed, a certain amount of res is collected depending on the pod class.
- the sucking pod (don't try it on your privates): the pod fixes itself on the roid and collect its ressources during X ticks depending on the pod class, then returns to the home base with its treasure.
- the punching pod : the roid is sent crashing to the target planet, bringing destruction to its constructions.
I stop there before suggesting too silly things like the Shitting Pod, that turns M,C and E into crap and forces the defender to build Cleaning Centers

Last edited by Makhil; 12 Aug 2006 at 05:19.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:34   #2
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice
Re: New pods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
- the sucking pod (don't try it on your privates): the pod fixes itself on the roid and collect its ressources during X ticks depending on the pod class, then returns to the home base with its treasure.
I like that idea, although it can bring a problem: that could potentially prevent any growth at all for a smaller guy being attacked in such a way, unless there is a possibility for the guy being sucked (ahem... ) to "remove" the sucker pod, or kill it in a certain way, or to make those pods similar to regular ones in the 25% maximum sucking! lol

(what am I writing here hehe)
SpookyVince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:53   #3
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Cath EMP problem (either too strong or too weak) and Zik stealing (so easy to farm/cheat without being caught).
This can be fairly easy done by the return of EMP resistance and steal ships dying when stealing (ofc farming would still give advantages, but atleast at a price, currently its free). But seeing there ain't enough coding resources available (eventhough i believe it should be fairly easy to add these small features to an existing combat engine).

I kinda like the idea of the sucking-pod. Should it be seen as multiple combat ticks, or 1 combat tick after which the surviving pods attach to a asteroid for X ticks and can't be destroyed anymore?

Changing the stealing pod to bring roids home instead of the instant transmission there is now might make combat to expensive, as it'll be harder to recover from losses, hence i don't like the idea.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 19:02   #4
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

I quite like the concept of a 'killing' pod as currently our SK's are abit tame and i think it could add an new element to the game - whether its a good one or a bad one im unsure

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote