User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Mar 2006, 12:52   #1
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts
Bash Limit.

As it appears now, everyone is crying about XP-ers. And the main reason behind that is the situation described in this one sentence: "They have a better rank and their is nothing I can do about it.."

I was wondering, will basing the bash limit on scores help solving the problem ?

If you can comfort a tear, do so, but never agrieve someone innocent.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 12:54   #2
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold
Re: Bash Limit.

erm, i dont think so
you will get a zik on 2mil vaule attacking a little terran on 350k value
is that fair?

its like a wolf attacking Sovereign. (no, sovveh - you dont win )
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 12:58   #3
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

That's the point. To be able to do something against those who keep bugging you ..

Unread 10 Mar 2006, 12:59   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchleaf
its like a wolf attacking Sovereign. (no, sovveh - you dont win )
Ironic, as my nick back in R3 before i used Sovereign was Cyberian Wolf .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 13:00   #5
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

lol, but you can roid them all you want. but once an xp whore, always an xp whore.

the xp doesnt go away, its the value that decreases
so basically, there score would hardly differ
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 13:04   #6
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

Please, don't spam the thread..

As said many times around, XP-ers need to keep their fleets to do well, so if you fleet catch it, and stretch them off their roids, they won't bother you much anymore I think.

Unread 10 Mar 2006, 13:07   #7
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

aha - but arent xp-whores the better players? ofc if you are a total xp whore then you are obv doing something right!

its true that value whores are good, and i believe a lot better. but it takes skill to be an xp whore. but a value whore can just have so many ships they can just lemmingland whoever they want!
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 13:16   #8
dexter
Prehistoric Monkeys HC

dexter is infamous around these parts

xp whores should be taken out and shot
they are evil, ruthless and totally unfeeling players.
dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 13:20   #9
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

if i understand correctly from my conversation with appocomaster in #support (no im not bloody advertising) there is a limit to the xp you can get.
i think its 20 per roid * your value. so basically, as long as you get a lot of roids it doesnt matter how high the opponents value is.

please correct me if im wrong
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 13:26   #10
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

i reset my planet, for the simple fact that i hate zik. im only small at the moment but went and spoke to appocomaster about xp so i know my stuff. i forgot most of it though
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 14:19   #11
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold

I don't see what can be so hard about crashing fleets to keep a low value
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 14:22   #12
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

yer right there. templar would be pretty good at zik *methinks*

he could probably spell cat better tho. its under C for Cat in his spelling book
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 14:36   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
I don't see what can be so hard about crashing fleets to keep a low value
That's because you've never tried.

Once a defender is getting past your attacking ships (and killing some pods) it's a very fine line between it being worthwhile to land, and it not being worthwhile. This is the skill in XP whoring, along with picking the right targets.
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 15:18   #14
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
As it appears now, everyone is crying about XP-ers. And the main reason behind that is the situation described in this one sentence: "They have a better rank and their is nothing I can do about it.."

I was wondering, will basing the bash limit on scores help solving the problem ?

Unread 10 Mar 2006, 16:07   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

1/ it doesn't take any more/less skill to succeed as a xp based planet than a value, it's just than value planets need the ability to keep roids for sufficient lengths of time
2/ zikonian is the best race right now
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 17:04   #16
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

The idea is to base the bash limit on Score. So you can target those lower than you in value, but not those lower than you in score (In a certain percentege of course, like you can't attack people %40 of your score.)

Unread 13 Mar 2006, 06:19   #17
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Nothing wrong in getting XP by attacking bigger planets, but I think the bashing limit should be removed alltogether and negative XP given instead if you attack lowbies, this way people who want to attack XP whores could do it, but at a price.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 13:20   #18
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Nothing wrong in getting XP by attacking bigger planets, but I think the bashing limit should be removed alltogether and negative XP given instead if you attack lowbies, this way people who want to attack XP whores could do it, but at a price.
Whoohoo favor XP whoring even more. Hey, look at me, I'm first, attack me if you want to lose even more score!

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 13:25   #19
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
That's because you've never tried.

Once a defender is getting past your attacking ships (and killing some pods) it's a very fine line between it being worthwhile to land, and it not being worthwhile. This is the skill in XP whoring, along with picking the right targets.
I played zik for 3 rounds and was very good at crashing fleets thanks
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:46   #20
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
Whoohoo favor XP whoring even more. Hey, look at me, I'm first, attack me if you want to lose even more score!
well, a xp whore without ships and without the roids to rebuild them won't score for some time.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 02:04   #21
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
well, a xp whore without ships and without the roids to rebuild them won't score for some time.
You missed the point. He will profit more from being attacked than the one attacking...

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:37   #22
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
I played zik for 3 rounds and was very good at crashing fleets thanks

Now try crashing a fleet and still go up in score that day. Ignoring stealing.

I am an XP whore. I have a big FR fleet, spiders and nothing else.

Last night I had 1000 roids and 650k value. I'm Cath. This morning: 18 hostile fleets. I'll be down to <100 roids by the end of today.

Does it matter for me? No. That's because I landed this earlier for nearly 5000 XP (maximum bravery factor on 234 roids). That equates to 300k score.

I'm down in value today, those ships I lost were nearly 100k in value. It doesn't matter. This is the benefit of XP: it allows my round to carry on after I get bashed.

(oh, and if I'd recalled my attack upon seeing defence I would have been fleet-caught by about 5 fleets anyway).
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:02   #23
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

I am cat this round with a fleet of spiders and fr, what a coincidence.

Although I did build anti-de and bs to try and put off the unthinking terrans repeatedly raping the same people in the galaxy over and over again, but I'm just nice like that.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 11:49   #24
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

That looks to me as a very bad combat report. But as you said, XP makes up for it. You didn't freeze any of his ships, does that mean that he got all no-loss defence ships or that the stats or mocked or that I need to take a look at them?

Unread 16 Mar 2006, 12:00   #25
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
That looks to me as a very bad combat report. But as you said, XP makes up for it. You didn't freeze any of his ships, does that mean that he got all no-loss defence ships or that the stats or mocked or that I need to take a look at them?
The 7339 Vsharraks are 0-loss defence (FI targetting FR) from a galmate of my target. If I send spiders along to freeze potential Vsharraks, that's another class for defenders to target. My fleet's low on Recluse, so I can't freeze many arrows.

I had picked a Zik target where I intended to freeze his Pirates with my Black Widows. As it happened, they weren't at base anyway.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 12:10   #26
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

Ah okay :P

I should've taken a look at the stats, but I guess am a little too lazy for that