User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 May 2005, 18:34   #1
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
The Da Vinci Code

Have you read it? What did you think?

I thought it was good. The story itself was shit but the stuff about paganism and Christianity made the book good overall. Don't know if any of it was true though.

Have you read any of Dan Brown's other books? I'm thinking of getting them.
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:39   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The Da Vinci Code

yes ive read it, and i quite enjoyed reading it as it was different from other things.

Ive also read Angels and Demons and its different to the Da Vinci code but its definatly worth a look if you liked TDVC.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:46   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Foucault's Pendulum is a much more interesting work based on a vaguely similar premise.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:47   #4
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Please die.
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:49   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Entertaining allbeit factually inaccurate.
Also this discussion has been done several times already.
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:50   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
Please die.
I was only suggesting an alternative source of entertainment
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:52   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Da Vinci Code

I recommend reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar instead.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:53   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Have you read it? What did you think?

I thought it was good. The story itself was shit but the stuff about paganism and Christianity made the book good overall. Don't know if any of it was true though.

Have you read any of Dan Brown's other books? I'm thinking of getting them.
This was pretty much what I thought, then I found out that most of the 'history' was highly questionable. It was poorly written but I found the first 1/3 of really exciting, before it started to drag on and become really repetitive. His 'hey lets end every chapter with a cliffhanger, that'll make it a real thriller!' approach is pretty stupid.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:53   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Another thing you have in common with George Bush.
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:54   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I thought the ending to that was good. Who would have thought the little red ant did it ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 18:59   #11
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I was only suggesting an alternative source of entertainment
Not you silly!
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:04   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Another thing you have in common with George Bush.
I could make a re-make called The Very Hungry Capitalism if it makes you feels any better.

'First Capitalism ate the peasantry. But it was still hungry ...'
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:19   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I enjoyed it as a read, as in I kept wanting to read it. However, obviously it's full of inaccuracies and it is terribly written.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:22   #14
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I enjoyed it for a bit then it seemed to get a bit derivitive. At the end it was disappointing when it turned into a generic story. It seemed like the book was specifically written to be turned into a movie (which it is).
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:33   #15
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I thought it was good at first, and the story was ok in that it did make me want to find out what happens, but as you get further through the book it does tend to become a bit boring. I don't think I'll be buying any other books by Dan Brown.
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:39   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this book also reminded me an awful lot of nationa treasure which I saw after reading the book. If you enjoy psuedo-intellectualism it's worth a watch.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:47   #17
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Its a traditional Dan Brown book, a good read aslong as you take whats written with a pinch of salt, Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress and that other one which name i forget (rock in the ice etc) are all the same. Dont take it too seriously and you'll have an enjoyable read.

An additional note, Foucault's Pendulum is so full of pretentious crap its a battle to read. If you really are interested in the Templar Knights/Occult read Gordon Napiers The Rise and Fall of The Knights Templar. A much more worth while read.
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:02.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:51   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
this book also reminded me an awful lot of nationa treasure which I saw after reading the book. If you enjoy psuedo-intellectualism it's worth a watch.
Surely National Treasure was just a colossal piss-take using nicholas cage's various facial expressions?
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:56   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
An additional note, Foucault's Pendulum is so full of pretentious crap its a battle to read.
I found it perfectly easy to read. It's not like a Neal Stephenson where he puts perl programs into the book or anything.

[edit]

FP also covers a lot more than just the Knights of the Temple.
Unread 12 May 2005, 19:59   #20
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I enjoyed it for a bit then it seemed to get a bit derivitive. At the end it was disappointing when it turned into a generic story. It seemed like the book was specifically written to be turned into a movie (which it is).
So it is

heh, Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon
Unread 12 May 2005, 20:39   #21
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yes
Unread 12 May 2005, 20:43   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

ITT, GD takes twenty posts to come to the conclusion that taking works of fiction as historical fact might not be such a good idea.
Unread 12 May 2005, 20:50   #23
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

I had a look at Da Vinci's The Last Supper the other day; that is a woman on Jesus' right. So at least that bit was true.

Last edited by ChubbyChecker; 12 May 2005 at 21:02.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 21:00   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
MM are you reffering to the book as fiction or the bible ?
I was refering to the book. Every line of the Bible is, of course, totally true.
Unread 12 May 2005, 21:06   #25
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

if you take it for a piece of fiction, i think its thoroughly enjoyable.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2005, 07:33   #26
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

I spoke with one of the financiers of the Da Vinci Code movie currently being filmed, he is confident it will be a huge success.
________
ShadowAngel cam

Unread 13 May 2005, 10:24   #27
All Systems Go

Most people who have read the book will probably see it and those who were put off by the thickness of the book will see it so I would be very surprised if it flopped.
Unread 13 May 2005, 12:39   #28
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
there is an argument that it's supposed to be a rather androgenous male though....
No way, definitely a woman.

Plus she's hot!

*fap fap fap fap fap*
Unread 13 May 2005, 13:48   #29
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

DIE DAN DIE!
Unread 13 May 2005, 14:25   #30
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I thought the ending to that was good. Who would have thought the little red ant did it ?
Thanks for spoiling the ending for me.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2005, 10:21   #31
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

- The Da Vinci Code 12 May 2005 18:41 die. soon. dace

Dace made me cry :,-(
Unread 14 May 2005, 10:51   #32
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
Its a traditional Dan Brown book, a good read aslong as you take whats written with a pinch of salt, Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress and that other one which name i forget (rock in the ice etc) are all the same. Dont take it too seriously and you'll have an enjoyable read.
Absolutely agreed. The last one you're looking for is Deception Point by the way, I have 'm all four in my bookcase

They are probably not the best literary works on the face of this planet, but they are in my opinion very much page-turners, you want to know how the story ends once you start reading it. And frankly if a book can keep me that interested and makes me want to finish it asap, it's a good book.
Quote:
An additional note, Foucault's Pendulum is so full of pretentious crap its a battle to read.
I find myself agreeing with you yet again. It's like Eco just throws in names and shit just to say: "Haha! I read about this mystical order which was created in 1242 by three drunken nights and lasted exactly six weeks when they all died of cholera, and you didn't. In your face!"
Unread 14 May 2005, 11:59   #33
ceres

http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Con...tAandD-en.html

There's a nice FAQ on whats true and not in Angels and Demons according to CERN.

http://www.johnlangdon.net/New_Pages/Angels_Demons.htm

Thats the ambigrams artist's page
________
WELLBUTRIN HELP

Unread 14 May 2005, 16:00   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What exactly would physicists know about ancient religious orders :confused:

Although physicists do know most nearly everything :)))
Unread 14 May 2005, 16:58   #35
ceres

Alot of Angels and Demons is based in CERN. CERN werent just randomly commenting.
________
Liveangelina

Unread 14 May 2005, 17:31   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Oh right okay I didn't really read your post and assumed that a thread about the da vinci code would in fact be about the da vinci code.

(That sounds pretty sarcastic but it's actually not.)
Unread 14 May 2005, 21:52   #37
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
fapping is the work of the devil btw...
If loving yourself is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!
Unread 15 May 2005, 02:49   #38
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Oh right okay I didn't really read your post and assumed that a thread about the da vinci code would in fact be about the da vinci code.
Quote:
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups
Unread 15 May 2005, 19:43   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'll **** your mother up leshy.
Unread 15 May 2005, 20:07   #40
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
I'll **** your mother up leshy.
I assumed that.
Unread 15 May 2005, 20:42   #41
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

- The Da Vinci Code 14 May 2005 10:34 die
- The Da Vinci Code 14 May 2005 10:25 die. sooner.

Right, that's it, whoever gave me this neg rep is fukkin ded!

Knacker whackers at dawn!
Unread 15 May 2005, 20:46   #42
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road

Digital Fortress is his attempt at writing geek - also excellent work from Mr. Brown o/
ph8 is offline   Reply With Quote