User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Oct 2003, 23:27   #1
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
real alliance rankings?

Quote:
A little bug in the Alliance Ranking code has allowed members set to "Recruits" avoid counting towards the alliance score and rank. This has now been fixed. The fix will be uploaded october 8th at approximately 22:00 GMT (but not showing until the tick after)
This means that we will see the real rankings, or will some alliances find new ways to hide, by splitting up or otherways??
Or will we finaly have a real alliance ranking. If so, this might bring new blood to the powerblock discussion, since we can see how big alliances realy are

Anyway, its a good thing i think. Thank you spinner!
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 23:32   #2
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Re: real alliance rankings?

Will be interesting to see.
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 23:40   #3
Eventh
Retired?

This dont have to do with the topic of the thread, and please dont discuss it, but we see here a change in prosedures for updates..

He now warns us in advantage, and it seems like he has thought it through, since he says it wont take affect before the tick after. Good job spinner..
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 23:48   #4
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventh
This means that we will see the real rankings, or will some alliances find new ways to hide, by splitting up or otherways??
Or will we finaly have a real alliance ranking. If so, this might bring new blood to the powerblock discussion, since we can see how big alliances realy are

Anyway, its a good thing i think. Thank you spinner!
idd, nothing new for us, FAnG, here since we've always showed our full score untill a few days ago. It's a good thing Spinner changed to score though.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 23:51   #5
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

How about adding a MEMBER COUNT while you're at it spinner?
I mean surely giving away all the alliance's info is what you're striving for ... right??

:gay:
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 00:03   #6
Eventh
Retired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
How about adding a MEMBER COUNT while you're at it spinner?
I mean surely giving away all the alliance's info is what you're striving for ... right??
You forgot that Mit added a membercount for a short time, a few weeks ago??
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 00:41   #7
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventh
You forgot that Mit added a membercount for a short time, a few weeks ago??
And removed it when several alliance HCs complained about their data being publicised.

The ability to control your public image and strength has always been a skill in PA alliance politics.
If some alliance command want to run their mouth off about how great they are doing, that's their right. If other HC wish to keep their alliance out of the spotlight through political manouvering, it should also be their right to do so. It's the responsibility of any decent HC to get their own intel if they wish to pick a fight with someone. Having Spinner hand over the information is just lame.
There's nothing remotely 'honourable' about releasing full details on your alliance, it's just an easy way to get you and your members targeted quicker.

But hey, Spinner has decided what everyone should know, what does it matter if the actual players disagree?
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 02:48   #8
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

well the point is actually that ut gives the newer player an insight and also the less well informed alliances.
You never could play a trick on some alliance hc they had their own tools to check your coords and would know your score pretty much at least if they cared...
But now its possible for every peon to look it up so some propaganda wont be so easy to get through with
guess youre not liking that xtothez...
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 07:27   #9
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Actually I don't see any major changes in the alliance rankings since I went to sleep a few hours ago... Looks like it has some delay?
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 07:44   #10
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Jep, it did NOT work Spinner :-)

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 07:46   #11
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

how about giving a ratio score? that way we can just work out member count for ourselfs.
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 07:49   #12
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhead
Jep, it did NOT work Spinner :-)
maybe its because the notice says
"The fix will be uploaded october 8th at approximately 22:00 GMT (but not showing until the tick after)"

this not being the 8th of oct yet...^^
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 08:35   #13
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
And removed it when several alliance HCs complained about their data being publicised.

The ability to control your public image and strength has always been a skill in PA alliance politics.
If some alliance command want to run their mouth off about how great they are doing, that's their right. If other HC wish to keep their alliance out of the spotlight through political manouvering, it should also be their right to do so. It's the responsibility of any decent HC to get their own intel if they wish to pick a fight with someone. Having Spinner hand over the information is just lame.
There's nothing remotely 'honourable' about releasing full details on your alliance, it's just an easy way to get you and your members targeted quicker.

But hey, Spinner has decided what everyone should know, what does it matter if the actual players disagree?

i have to agree with your there, even if your giving us shitload of incs
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 13:22   #14
Provider
Smurf Forever

Provider is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking about fast bug fixing. This "bug" was known since tick 1 and is now fixed? Please dont call this a bug fix. you know it but were just to lazy to change it.

And now after so many (ab)uses it you decide to change it. Okay fine that you change it. But dont call it a bug. Call it a change in ingame ranking counting.
A bug is something you fix the moment you see the bug. You knew this one was there since tick 1.
If you keep calling it a bug then I'm afraid that I've to think that creators are VERY slow in unbugging.

oh one thing. I aint saying it's bad it's finally changed. It's just rather late

-=Caliban [ND HC]=-

rnd 3: If I only could remember - GIA HC/TGS
rnd 4: [30:14:3] (smurfs) - Fury/TGS HC || rnd 5: [21:4:16] (gauls) - TGS HC / WPO
rnd 6: [1:2:4] (LotR) - WP HC || rnd 7: [22:8:9] - WP HC
rnd 8: [55:8:9] - WP HC || rnd 9: [11:10:8] - WP HC || rnd 9,5: [x:y:z] -
WP HC rnd 10,11,12 etc cant be assed anymore to write it down here.
rnd 35, 36. 37: ND

Proud to be a Wolf in [WolfPack]
Provider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 14:01   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Looking at the general opinion you seem to be one of the few 'actual players' then. To most of us the alliance rankings are more fun with all people counting.

hAl
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 15:30   #16
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAl
Looking at the general opinion you seem to be one of the few 'actual players' then. To most of us the alliance rankings are more fun with all people counting.

hAl
And you are yet again "the most of us" like in advertising paX ?
btw i wonder now that you agreed so wholeheartly and voiced so loudly for the great new game and told all other players who commented or asked for changes to "go away if you dont like it" why arent you doing well ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 15:39   #17
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think, with the possible exception of the Ely members on this board, everyone agrees that this change was needed.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 15:52   #18
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't really mind it.

As long as we are all on a level-playing field from it, it won't change much.
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 23:07   #19
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

it will be interesting to see the true 'strength' of all alliances now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 09:29   #20
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

According to the Portal R&T say in the same place, and those that are set to "recruit" ingame are actually recruits....
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 12:04   #21
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to see average score of the alliance incorperated in some way as well. Would give the smaller alliances something to be proud of, as there is no way a group of 30 can beat 150 on total score....average score would be another matter tho.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 12:22   #22
kaos
peon

kaos is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
I'd like to see average score of the alliance incorperated in some way as well. Would give the smaller alliances something to be proud of, as there is no way a group of 30 can beat 150 on total score....average score would be another matter tho.
yeah, why not give coordlists out too, then it would be totally equal for all ...
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 13:12   #23
Scoot951
Das Scoot

I'd support public planet tags myself, actually.

Unread 8 Oct 2003, 13:37   #24
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot951
I'd support public planet tags myself, actually.
As would I, but discretionary by planet.
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 18:08   #25
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
------

completly agree ! it should be ranked on the alliances average score , NOT cause a alliance has decided to mass recruit to gain the score to go to #1

:fingersx:

Last edited by SOL; 8 Oct 2003 at 18:15.
SOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 18:14   #26
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOL
------

completly agree it should be ranked on the alliances average score , NOT cause a alliance has decided to mass recruit to gain the score to go to #1

:fingersx:
So the #1 player at the end of the round can make his own alliance and win the Planet Ranking and Alliance Rankings you mean?

That makes sence.
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 19:58   #27
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
So the #1 player at the end of the round can make his own alliance and win the Planet Ranking and Alliance Rankings you mean?

That makes sence.

DroidArena does this (the last time I played anyways), with the exception that an alliance needs at least 5 members to be in the rankings. Ofc, in that style of game an alliance (corporation) of 5 could actually win a fight against one that had 40.