User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:12   #51
[7]Gunn3r

I don't get the point what does it change whether VVOMM had pure gals or not, I for one before pulling out of r9 was controlling a BG that was 100% PURE VVOMM(3 gals). A lot of my alliance mates and peopels I was working with on a daily basis were pure VVOMM galaxies, yes it's true...(your point?)

It doesn't change the fact that it will always turns out 2v1 and have a side filling in more neutral then the other side.

If there's someone with a neutral opinion here it's certainly me. As I hate everyone and everyones hates me.
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:15   #52
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
True Cyphie

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:16   #53
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I never heard people caring when Fury was on the receiving end. Tell me why I should care about VoM's wellbeing when people dont care about my alliances?
fair point, I'll tell you when you should care, when you can give an example of when the number of Fury or Fury allied private gals was out numbered 3-1 to stated hostile gals of an opposing block (as opposed to a group of people not on the same side as you, there's a subtle difference).

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:06   #54
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
I think alot more people would have a much easier time sympathizing with vom if it didnt seem that they gave up suspiciously quickly. They gave up practically as soon as the round started, it makes people wonder if this isnt just some propaganda maneuvre. My guess is that its a little of both, but if youd give things a chance that would add some credibility to your pleas.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:23   #55
[7]Gunn3r

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I think alot more people would have a much easier time sympathizing with vom if it didnt seem that they gave up suspiciously quickly. They gave up practically as soon as the round started, it makes people wonder if this isnt just some propaganda maneuvre. My guess is that its a little of both, but if youd give things a chance that would add some credibility to your pleas.
I don't think VOM gave up, they didn't expected to receive such heavy assault early on and got caught pants down, hadn't had time to reacts and this has led to whining.

That's what I believe anyway, I don't see how they could be losing this badly so quickly. I myself expected VOM to have the upper hand, as I was part of VOM preparation this round and I gotta admit i'm myself surprised & disapointed.
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:26   #56
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
When people get overwhelming incomings 3 nights in a row, and get no defence due to all other mates being under attack as well, they tend to get slightly desperate. Especially, if their own attacks are easily defended on 90% of the cases.

From my own point of view, I can say it's surprisingly hard to play atm; it was as hard only back in round 7 when all LDK galaxies kept getting 3 waved attacks nightly.
And it's just the beginning of the round, when scores are still somewhat equal...
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:27   #57
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
VOM hasn't given up...

But after experiencing a few nights of gigantic NARSWEET attacks it cant last forever.

Issue is not about VOM anyway - it is about the ungodly size of NARSWEET and the fact that unless the political situation changes soon we will have a R5/R7 stagnation on our hands fairly rapidly!

R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:30   #58
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
I dont know on the top level, but I know there is no shared attack chan, at least there wasnt on Monday night, as a few peeps were pissed off in my P booking chan when we found out NaR had booked a lot of our targets.
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:05   #59
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Still isn't.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:45   #60
Hardin

Well that's okay then

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:05   #61
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Not all of VVOMM are moaning, just a minority. It does though reflect the feeling inside the block to a certain extent, but in the past I've seen as your chances of winning decrease and the amount you have to lose decreases, your determination to hurt the other side just increases.

However, VVOMM are complaining a little too soon, it would have been better for them to play a month or 2, and then, if they had been beaten easily, to have complained.

I know for a fact some of the VVOMM block are tremendous fighters, hopefully they'll show.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:11   #62
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
just quit complaining everyone... it's useless... and they are too scared to change atm anyways, wait a few days/week maybe and they will do it..

just have fun

remember pa is boring anyways, irc is fun
marry me
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:08   #63
Hardin

He is already promised elsewhere mate...and I thought you were engaged to someone else anyway

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 12:02   #64
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
So we're just as spinesless as r7 ViruS HC? *chuckle* you weren't so up for a fairer fight then, now were you?
I didnt play r7 in virus i had an scan planet for legion back then,since i couldnt play active. I didnt even knew the result of round 7 who won or who lost. But i have never played in an total dominated universe other than round 5 and back then i was all for breaking with fury and go 1on1 with them,they attacked me regardless so i didnt see the point being allied to them,that was me,but i also ment that we were to strong and wanted an fair universe. So ahriman before you say something about me or assume anything about me you must do some research about me or you are just talking BS.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 12:07   #65
logbat

Quote:
Originally posted by [7]Gunn3r
I don't think VOM gave up, they didn't expected to receive such heavy assault early on and got caught pants down, hadn't had time to reacts and this has led to whining.

That's what I believe anyway, I don't see how they could be losing this badly so quickly. I myself expected VOM to have the upper hand, as I was part of VOM preparation this round and I gotta admit i'm myself surprised & disapointed.
Im not disapointed,we have to look on the numbers here,dont be stupid!

if Dingo and petru and whoever the heck the other HC is for that NAr thinghy havent been cowards and played with 3 blocks we have gottn an whole other story!

For us atm its like we have taged up! since all other are allied against us,they have got an complete map of us!

and sadly we wont see an split before a long way into news scans becuz some certain alliances also need some news scans for some reasons.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 12:21   #66
logbat

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I never heard people caring when Fury was on the receiving end. Tell me why I should care about VoM's wellbeing when people dont care about my alliances?
LOL!

none expect you to care for any alliances wellbeing,i dont think any does that regardless how warm and fluffy they are. But this current block should make you care for PA`s wellbeing.

But again you draw an line between fury and eclipse,little sore fury broke up or just like a little baby´ish?

anyway you know the cycle force us to make an ****ING big block towards eclipse next round??

i exclude NoS/Ely/Wp from this becuz they have members against it and just some HCs that was scared and are now to deep into it.
But i allready have an next round thing we can do to ruin that round also,and that is ely and wp wont break theire cooperation and we then can create an supah block then also i so look forward OOOOOOOOOOOO :rolleeyes:
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 12:58   #67
Silver
Chief of PAs Private I

Silver is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoticus
In 2 days I have seen the best defending FLVT gal of r6/7 get roided worse than they ever did in one full month of multiwave inc in r6 or an entire alliance focusing on their gal in r7. They obviously arent quitting yet, nor are they dead. But any1 that believes that VOM can last weeks as you put it, without a political change is either lieing to themselves or totally and utterly oblivious to what is happening.
Erm then why did u make blocks to start with?
btw learned todo proper defense calls lately?

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
You're both tits. Shorten those signatures.
<Stats> i love you Silver :} *hugs*
* Stats purrs
* Stats strokes Silver with a cucumber
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:41   #68
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by logbat
Some logbat post
you seem hurt, got roided last night ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:51   #69
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

i exclude NoS/Ely/Wp from this becuz they have members against it and just some HCs that was scared and are now to deep into it.
But i allready have an next round thing we can do to ruin that round also,and that is ely and wp wont break theire cooperation and we then can create an supah block then also i so look forward OOOOOOOOOOOO :rolleeyes:
If some members dont like the commands of their HC, perhaps they should leave and join the rest of the whiners.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:57   #70
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
He might have ... I dunno.
You will tonight however.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:13   #71
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
omg no was roided before and im still alive but i never went to the forums to say how unfair it was, or how disgusting it was.

i even congratulated ldk for roiding me during my bdayparty. Pld intel of them.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:54   #72
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
just curious, but earlier in this thread it was said that alliances like rock and templer cant compete with some of the other medium level alliances,

tbh i dont think that is strictly true, I know Lrytas thought highly of templer as one time when we were discussing it he suggested them as being a very good group to form a triad with. and its not like LDK to consider allying to a weak link even though they are no more.

at the end of the day most medium alliances will do well with the right allies and guidence if they need it. even if it is just climbing to the top on the back of a giant they are still very useful allies.

never wondered why BULL galaxies usually had such alliances in them?

If the vvomm HC(who keep posting here) spent half as much time on irc looking for solutions instead of whining here then they might be able to even the score, or at the very least pro-long the enevitable.

thats my opinion however and i have tried to make it as un biased as possible.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:17   #73
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by Morden

If the vvomm HC(who keep posting here) spent half as much time on irc looking for solutions instead of whining here then they might be able to even the score, or at the very least pro-long the enevitable.

thats my opinion however and i have tried to make it as un biased as possible.
1) I don't see as many VOM HC posting on here as I do NARSWEET HC (well maybe that's just today if I am honest)

2) I keep hearing about this whining thing...but see little evidence of it !

3) Posting on here gives some people something to do when they are waiting for their fleets to get back and cant get on irc coz they are at work...I hardly think a few posts is seriously going to affect the performace of an alliance one way or another.

A lot IS being done to prolong the 'inevitable', as you put it!

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:21   #74
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
1) I don't see as many VOM HC posting on here as I do NARSWEET HC (well maybe that's just today if I am honest)

2) I keep hearing about this whining thing...but see little evidence of it !

3) Posting on here gives some people something to do when they are waiting for their fleets to get back and cant get on irc coz they are at work...I hardly think a few posts is seriously going to affect the performace of an alliance one way or another. A lot is being done to prolong the inevitable!
Ive been told by several vvomm members that there HC have openly admitted that they wont last long.

if they are going to be percimistic about things, you should hbe thanking us for trying to encourage them. ;-)
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:22   #75
Hardin

Thank you

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 18:03   #76
logbat

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
hehe ofc i was,you guys attack 90% of our gals every night so there is a good % chance that i get red ships comeing.

But thats not the reason im hurt,right from the start i didnt intend to do well this round,not becuz i allready knew we was outnumberd but i had an hope that jelly fish petru and dingo wouldnt join your block. Im more hurt over the HCs with gold fish memory that will cope with you guys,but thats been said so many times now that there might be an little risk for you guys are playing nice

(but seriously im not hurt over looseing roids i take that part very well this time,last time i lost roids was in round 6 and then i flipped out :P )
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 21:35   #77
K-W
Bored

Quote:
hehe ofc i was,you guys attack 90% of our gals every night so there is a good % chance that i get red ships comeing.

But thats not the reason im hurt,right from the start i didnt intend to do well this round,not becuz i allready knew we was outnumberd but i had an hope that jelly fish petru and dingo wouldnt join your block. Im more hurt over the HCs with gold fish memory that will cope with you guys,but thats been said so many times now that there might be an little risk for you guys are playing nice

(but seriously im not hurt over looseing roids i take that part very well this time,last time i lost roids was in round 6 and then i flipped out :P )
Just because your head is filled with silly bias based on half truths doesnt mean that others should operate with those same silly bias. Luckily people like petru and dingo actually know the leaders they work with personnally, actually know thier motivations and how they operate, and can see past silly public persona's.

Or didnt it occur to you that petru and dingo know way more about how eclipse functions than you do? Nah, youve read the AD boards so you know all. YOu know the truth about those evil round killers, god forbid fact should get in the way.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 21:55   #78
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
TBH I would not be happy if VOM had done this and like Lockhead did with his post (altho prolly internally) I wud be suggesting to my HC that the block be broken up
Wrong point.

a) you WOULD actually be happy.
b) no need to break the block up if our enemies are not dead yet.

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote