User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Dec 2002, 23:06   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Alliance performance in the past/present (opinion based)

This post is opinion based so kindly don’t flame too hard and hurt yourself. Remember workers compensation does not cover injury at work if you were playing a game at work . If you guys have any opinions to add to this thread please do since I think it would be interesting to see everyone’s view point on what alliances did good and what new dimensions alliance and their perspective brought to the game.

Well lets start with the alliance that in my opinion earns top spot. Legion (aka VtS). You cannot dispute that Legion has always held a top, or near the top, position. They have always been dedicated and ready to fight, except for round 4 when they were primarily a secondary power to Xanadu. The reason I like Legion and give them top spot is because of how they came about and the name they initially had. Legion was a cluster alliance in round 1 located in cluster 17th called “The 17th Legion”. During the Roman Empire the 17th Legion fought to the death (I believe) to protect the Roman Empire against a barbarian horde and earned immense honour. That sort of history just adds to the whole Legion mystique.
Its also indisputable that Legion had some of the best players in the game. They were a dedicated bunch and have won most rounds either on their own or with allies. The only black mark against them I would have is that they bashed a bit too much as well contributed to the decay of the PA community in terms of stagnating the round fairly quickly.

Next alliance that has shaped the game way more than any alliance in my opinion would be Fury . Sid was at the helm of the alliance for most of their history, and I also believe when they were initially formed in round 1 out of a cluster 7 alliance. Cant remember the name so wont even try to . Fury brought new dimensions to the game in terms of political manoeuvring survive best. Also during round 4 when they were on the losing side of things they kept on fighting back and actually regained some of their lost glory. Fury is one alliance that if given the chance will come back just like in round 6, i.e. Xeta/FoS/Furgion.
What I liked and impressed me about Fury the most is that they had one of the best defence system out there. They could defend and protect their planets very well. The example that stands out in my mind the most would be round 4, singularities galaxy (253:1) standing up against the onslaught by Xanadu led by the Pepsi galaxy (285:19). They were able to stand up to the multiple waves initially but eventually succumbed to the enemy but made a valiant effort.

Speaking of Xanadu , they had quite an impact and changed the way alliances operated in subsequent rounds. Xanadu was based on a wing system with each wing operating primarily independent with general guidelines and direction from the Mother-Alliance. This made it possible to have a bigger members base but also caused other problems. The biggest impact that Xanadu brought to the game, besides LDK, would be the multi waves attack. During round 4 the attack on 253:1 by 285:19 brought a new type of attack. Yes I realize multi-waves attacks were used in the past, but in my opinion that attack was one of the pinnacle moments that showed the power of what a multi-wave attack can do to a stronghold and the effect it can have one the larger war.

Cant talk about alliances with out mentioning NoS . A cluster alliance formed during round 3 to support Fury/Legion if I am not mistaken. They have had an interesting impact on the PA universe and how alliances operate as well. They have been quite vilified by several alliances, but always seemed to survive and improve themselves. They went through lots of changes but are still around so they must be doing something right. During round 4 and 6 NoS used their political skills with their military skills to come out on top and succeed quite well. In round 6 more than in round 4 since they were being vilified for their actions in round 4 to this day still.

Now to mention one of the most respected, and feared alliance (?), out there. This alliance might not have had a big impact on the game, but nobody wanted to be at the mercy of their attacks. If you pissed these guys off, they would come and hunt you down and burn your planet to a cindering crisp. This alliance could make any winning power block tremble in their boots, yes that’s right, I am talking about the deadly lemming run . hirr has been around for quite a while. Don’t know their history so someone else can fill that portion in. They are quite a community that pride itself on having fun, and they always had a certain element of irrationality to them. They were willing to throw their mighty fleets at a stronghold in futility to prove a point, that they are not to be ignored and are a force in the universe.
What I like the most about hirr, besides their famous lemming runs, is that they played to have fun. They didn’t care about power blocking too much and basically wanted their members, and to a certain extend, the community to have fun.

Talking about communities, IPC was also based on community more than anything else. The Interplanetary Peace Corps came about to protect smaller planets against newbie-bashing. They have succeeded in the past, and also have failed. I believe Shadow1980 or maybe it was MikeUK or some other former PA mod helped found the alliance. Hmmm….correction (Shadow1980 founded TC The Collective). If someone has better info your welcome to add it in.

Well that’s it for me for now. I will be adding Rock, WP, Titans and some other ones as I think about them later on, just to lazy at the moment. The ones that I am not too sure of would be Templar, TSU, MI, BlueTuba, Concordium, NFU, Phoenix, and a bunch of others that I cant think of. If you guys have any info on the ones I wrote about or the ones I didn’t your more than welcome to post. Basically this is sort of a semi-history thing. My goal, besides sharing my opinions, is to have a very quick overview of alliance histories. This then later on can maybe used to make a round history as well as a PA history that can be put on the PA portal. The only thing I ask is that the flaming be kept reasonable and more along the lines of discussions since everyone does have a different opinion of how alliances performed.

-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 04:11   #2
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
71 views and 0 replies yet

Maybe it's because everyone's busy writing their own piece as long as yours, or maybe noone can think of anything to disagree with you on.

I agree for the most part on what you've written here and I must say that it was well writen, interesting and fun to read it.
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 04:12   #3
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
u might wanna mention elysium too if u didn't and ldk maybe..

New dawn etc etc

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 05:51   #4
RIT

Re: 71 views and 0 replies yet

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Maybe it's because everyone's busy writing their own piece as long as yours, or maybe noone can think of anything to disagree with you on.

I agree for the most part on what you've written here and I must say that it was well writen, interesting and fun to read it.
Nope, I took one look at it, nearly feinted and couldnt be bothered to read it. I reason anything that long is only going to 1) Moan about the game or 2) Moan about the alliances 3) Moan about something else. If I am wrong I am awfully sorry but at the moment, while surounded by a lot more exciting stuff looking at a post that large sends me into sleepy land
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 05:54   #5
RIT

Re: Re: 71 views and 0 replies yet

Quote:
Originally posted by RIT
Nope, I took one look at it, nearly feinted and couldnt be bothered to read it. I reason anything that long is only going to 1) Moan about the game or 2) Moan about the alliances 3) Moan about something else. If I am wrong I am awfully sorry but at the moment, while surounded by a lot more exciting stuff looking at a post that large sends me into sleepy land
I just read one line, and It would seem the poor fellow is writing about what were the best alliances and such. Something which is entirly rivoting and never been done before in the past. As he says in the opening line he is entitled to this opinion, yet due to having the attention span of George W. Bush because of lack of sleep and sanity I refuse to read it.
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 05:56   #6
RIT

Re: Re: Re: 71 views and 0 replies yet

Quote:
Originally posted by RIT
I just read one line, and It would seem the poor fellow is writing about what were the best alliances and such. Something which is entirly rivoting and never been done before in the past. As he says in the opening line he is entitled to this opinion, yet due to having the attention span of George W. Bush because of lack of sleep and sanity I refuse to read it.
Also looking at the alliance names in bold I have come to realise that 'ChaoZ' isnt their, im now going to have a quick sob in the corner

For anyone interested the 100% un-biased ChaoZ history *cough* will be coming out soon. Its a very long read, just over 3000 words at the moment I think, and I have a few rounds to add to it
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 09:46   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
heh, include FAnG into it. Would like to know your oppinion on FAnG, based on the 2 rounds we existed.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 09:48   #8
RIT

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
heh, include FAnG into it. Would like to know your oppinion on FAnG, based on the 2 rounds we existed.

rgds Kj
'Different'
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 10:49   #9
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Yes I know there are a bunch of alliances out there that I have missed and that I will do my best to add to the list as well. However you have to keep in mind I am not always in the middle of any political manouvering so dont always have all the correct information at my finger tips. That is why I posted on the AD forums, hoping some other folks would be willing to fill in certain gaps and eventually we might come very close to actually coming up with a Planetarion history from rounds 1 to 8. If you didnt notice I missed alliacnes like BlueTuba because I honestly cant write very well about them since I have only had limited experience.

Just got one other request before I go back to bed since I just got back from the movies, please keep the spam to a minimum. I dont mind you posting your opinions RIT, but was it necessary to post so often, and if you do plan on posting Chaoz history to this thread, please keep it somewhat short, ie no more than 3 paragraphs.

Thanxs

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 11:20   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance performance in the past/present (opinion based)

Quote:
Originally posted by RexDrax
This then later on can maybe used to make a round history as well as a PA history that can be put on the PA portal.
Once the new alliance database is up and running on the portal (hopefully for the beginning of r9) there will be a section for every alliance (including disbanded alliances) to input their history. Hopefully most alliances will be willing to write a short piece about themselves so that we can finally have somewhere with a collection of information on all the past and present alliances in PA.
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 11:35   #11
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
ViruS would be nice too

btw - do you take requests?
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 11:56   #12
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
correct me if I am wrong, but he mentioned virus inderectly by telling bout xanadu wings.

But nice to read that thread, all keep up posting bout allies you think are worth to talk about.

(and maybe some1 that is not in that alliance, cause I anticipate that RIT will say summin like ChaoZ is one of the mightiest allies out here )
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 13:03   #13
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point
dont forget CeLL
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 13:13   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaranaf
ViruS would be nice too

btw - do you take requests?
let's make a deal, I write the history of Virus according to me and you write the FAnG one

1 rule: we must be as nice as possible ....

rgds Kj (just kidding btw)

FA Gaming community

Unread 30 Dec 2002, 13:45   #15
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This post is opinion based
Brilliant.

I propose we make this a mandatory first line in every post from now on. Mods?

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 17:01   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I feel like rocking the boat.

Fury were a better alliance than Legion.
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 17:32   #17
TIR

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
I feel like rocking the boat.

Fury were a better alliance than Legion.
Bluetubas was by far the best, they had a sense of humour!
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 18:56   #18
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
let's make a deal, I write the history of Virus according to me and you write the FAnG one

1 rule: we must be as nice as possible ....

rgds Kj (just kidding btw)
rofl. naw, i could write a fang one without being all harsh no prob. i have nothing against FAnG
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 18:56   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by TIR
Bluetubas was by far the best, they had a sense of humour! :p
:p
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 19:21   #20
Æquila

This post is fact, not opinion

Legion always rocked they always will go down in history as the greatest online gaming alliance ever

Victurus Te Saluto

\o/
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 19:51   #21
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by -QS-
correct me if I am wrong, but he mentioned virus inderectly by telling bout xanadu wings.
wrong
Virus and Xanadu share a common history. But are 2 totally different alliances.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 22:43   #22
Rev

Hard to say that one alliance is better than the rest.
Some alliances are small but quite effective, where others were large but had poor leadership and inactive members.
However.. if you want the most respected alliances you have to mention, WaC, ReBorn and WolfPack aswell as the alliances above.
We have seen a lot of good allinaces over the rounds.
Some only stuck together for a single round or two, and some have been there since the begining.

I think and hope we will see more battlegroups in the upcoming rounds.. friends attacking together regardless of past and current alliances. \o/
Unread 30 Dec 2002, 22:55   #23
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Here you go folks. Now I don’t mind you guys stating your opinions and posting, but could you back up your reasoning with something more than just 1 line. When I posted this I was looking for something more along the lines of a discussion and possibly putting all the information together and submitting it to the PA portal for publication. So kindly help out , and if not just don’t post and/or delete your posts if you have already posted.

Thanxs
-RexDrax

PS: I am slowly getting to the extend of my knowledge so come on and help make this thread interesting and add to it. There are still about a dozen or so alliances I can write with confidence about, after that the accuracy goes down very badly

When your weak they know, When your all alone they know, When your not feeling well and down they shall come and invade you, Yes that’s right Virus is always ready to pounce. As already mentioned Virus and Xanadu have a similar back round. I think they both came from a round 3 (maybe even round 2) alliance called UXF (or was it UXP or something like that). Also PotU was somehow involved in there (PotU= Princess of the Universe). Sometime during round 3 the HC’s didn’t not get along and 2 alliances were born with 2 very distinct structures. Virus was more like a regular alliance while Xanadu was more wing based, or at least that’s the way I saw them.
Now Virus has been around for a while and they didn’t exactly have any big impacts on the game per-se. However they have improved a lot. In the early parts of their histories, i.e. rounds ¾ I would have considered Virus to be more of a 2nd rate alliance. But they have improved substantially and are a force to be reckoned with. With the leaving of many prominent alliances they are literally thrust into the limelight. I expect them to be quite a force to be reckoned with in the very near future.

Speaking of improvements, the most improved alliance would have to be Elysium . Elysium in my opinion was over bloated and was just a name not to be really feared. However the alliance with Legion had done wonders to them and they are quite streamlined and better organized. Not sure what their history is so someone else can fill that part in. In the most recent rounds I have not heard much about these guys which is unfortunate (or maybe not ).

Now the most 1337 alliance would have to be WolfPack round 3/4. These guys were overflowing with talent. In their short life time they accomplished something which at that time was unthinkable, they actually brought down a superpower, i.e. Legion. (NOTE: Read the whole paragraph before flaming me regarding WolfPack. It will explain why I stated the above.). WolfPack came from a split in Legion, which lead to a war between Fury and Legion who were the dominant force in round 3. This later spilled into round 4 which was like the best thing that happened to PA since it brought other alliances to the higher calibre of the game and produced some interesting alliances in subsequent rounds.
Later on WolfPack merged with OoO (Out of Order) and was renamed to WolfPack Order. This led to a dilution of the talent that was in WolfPack, and then they changed back to WolfPack. In its lifetime WolfPack has undergone a lot of changes, more than any alliance I think and if you compare WolfPack now to WolfPack of round 3 you would not see any similarities. That’s not saying WolfPack in the present sucks, its just that they are not what they used to be, but have different goals in mind.

Someone requested I talk about Cell . All I know of Cell is that they are a German alliance. I think they are somewhat related to Templar (not just being both German alliances, but they having a common past). Hopefully Holylight will grace us with his present and fill in the big gaps I am leaving behind here.
In round 4, Cell and NoS allied. This alliance lasted quite a while and was one of the best things that could have happened to both alliances. They worked so well and efficiently together that if they had some better luck they could have become the new Furgion of that time. The alliance between them led to numerous victories, but like all good things, it had to come to an end. I believe the end came when Holylight left for real life and some other HC’s as well. This left a huge vacuum in the command structure which was not filled up. Cell tired to make a comeback in subsequent rounds but never quite succeeded, at least I don’t think they did. Are they still around?

The merger of FA (Furious Angels) and nG in round 6 (I think) led to the creation of Fang . Their most memorable action was their “Proud to be” threads . Besides that in their short history, 2 rounds, they quickly moved up in the alliance rankings and were a very good mediocre alliance. The leaving of Rumad, as well as HC conflicts, led to the decline of the alliance. Even though Rumad comes off as a @$$ ;P and is not liked by several folks he is a very competent leader and as long as he remains as a HC of Fang to guide and advice expect these guys to shape the PA universe in the future. Since I am sure Rumad is going to stumble across this thread I shall leave him the task of filling in Fang’s history in terms of how they came about and the history of the alliance that merged and made Fang.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 00:19   #24
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

I have somewhat refined my inital goal. I have tracked down several PA players and asked them to write a history of their respective alliance. If they want to they are more than welcome to post in this thread with the history, but please keep it as brief as possible. The longer version will be collected by me and then I will try to put it all together in a coherent way then submitt it to the PA portal. Of course the before I submit it, it will have to get the final go-ahead by the respective alliance but I dont think that will be too big of an issue.

Some folks have already agreed to help out. To the ones I havent had a chance to contact, or if you thing you have something worthwhile to contribute your welcome to send it to me. I can be found on PA net in #tgv quite often or send me a PM via the forums. I hope to have this completed sometime near the end of January, possibly even before round 9 starts. Anyone willing to help out is more than welcome.

-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 00:33   #25
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember LDK as the farming alliance, seeign as i had an LDK member in my gal who shared accounts with La KEtchup, and even admitted it, one day la ketchup attacked us, when convieniently he knew no one was online, next day our gal mate defended him and claimed someone else logged into his account it wasnt him. Also he let La Ketchup take 800 roids from him and then he farmed an even smaller LDK account :/ it sucks really, he farmed over 32 peopel :/
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 01:14   #26
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
eeeeh, he has mentioned all the important alliances .. I can't be arsed to read more of his opinions tbh

Novus Ordo Seclorum is clearly the strongest alliance .. returning after being 'bashed', not ingame, but with dos'd server and ppl such as shuttle, who let fury and those bitches into their irc-server

hmm, I dunno if this makes any sense, but I am right.

<gets ready for newyearseve>

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 02:13   #27
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Originally posted by [i2k]Xy
eeeeh, he has mentioned all the important alliances .. I can't be arsed to read more of his opinions tbh

Novus Ordo Seclorum is clearly the strongest alliance .. returning after being 'bashed', not ingame, but with dos'd server and ppl such as shuttle, who let fury and those bitches into their irc-server

Not even close. There are still a lot of other important alliances that I havent even done, like ReBorn/TRT BlueTuba Concordium TFD. And yes most of it is opinion based, but some of it is fact that cannot be argued with, like the fact that WolfPack of round 3/4 was the alliance that had some of the best talent in the game at that time.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 12:33   #28
systemshok

systemshok is an unknown quantity at this point
would be interesting to hear what people have to say about GLX LOST IAS if anyone remembers any of those???

my frist few alliances

they were fun
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 15:43   #29
Noob
*** pe0n ***

Noob is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 71 views and 0 replies yet

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax

Round 3 - 92:16:22
Round 4 - 60:14:06
Round 5 - 15:09:13
Round 6 - 06:12:12
Round 7 - 22:20:08
Round 8 - 33:10:09
Round 9 - Retired
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 08:42   #30
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Rah, SIlver, NFU, just to name a few u missed =p~
o and most of all
Deus

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 09:35   #31
Pennywiser
Xanadu

Pennywiser will become famous soon enoughPennywiser will become famous soon enough
maybe some ApC or MadcowS history
a couple of cool alliances i have been in
rd 5 [Xanadu]
rd 6 [Xanadu]
rd 7 [Xanadu] [Bull]
rd 8 [MadCowS] MO
rd 9 [MadCowS] MO
rd 15 [eXilition] DC
rd 16 [reinVENted]

Proud to be [Xanadu]
Pennywiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 11:12   #32
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Æquila
This post is fact, not opinion

Legion always rocked they always will go down in history as the greatest online gaming alliance ever

Victurus Te Saluto

\o/
Admirable loyalty

Grendel would be proud

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 13:44   #33
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
The merger of FA (Furious Angels) and nG in round 6 (I think) led to the creation of Fang . Their most memorable action was their “Proud to be” threads . Besides that in their short history, 2 rounds, they quickly moved up in the alliance rankings and were a very good mediocre alliance. The leaving of Rumad, as well as HC conflicts, led to the decline of the alliance. Even though Rumad comes off as a @$$ ;P and is not liked by several folks he is a very competent leader and as long as he remains as a HC of Fang to guide and advice expect these guys to shape the PA universe in the future. Since I am sure Rumad is going to stumble across this thread I shall leave him the task of filling in Fang’s history in terms of how they came about and the history of the alliance that merged and made Fang.
mmm, 3 small remarks

FA and nG wasn't a merger

FAnG didn't end the way you described on AD

We did alot more then our "proud to be" threads and imo we were one of the top alliances during our existance

For more info on the way FAnG ended this round, I suggest you either pm me leff or lockhead.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 Jan 2003, 13:57   #34
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Admirable loyalty

Grendel would be proud
i sense you were mocking Æquila
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 16:43   #35
Thug
WC

Thug is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by [i2k]Xy

you make it sound like nos were the only alliance to get bashed and have their server dos'd...

Last edited by Thug; 1 Jan 2003 at 16:48.
Thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 17:30   #36
xanadu zip

xanadu zip is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
When your weak they know, When your all alone they know, When your not feeling well and down they shall come and invade you, Yes that’s right Virus is always ready to pounce. As already mentioned Virus and Xanadu have a similar back round. I think they both came from a round 3 (maybe even round 2) alliance called UXF (or was it UXP or something like that). Also PotU was somehow involved in there (PotU= Princess of the Universe). Sometime during round 3 the HC’s didn’t not get along and 2 alliances were born with 2 very distinct structures. Virus was more like a regular alliance while Xanadu was more wing based, or at least that’s the way I saw them.
Now Virus has been around for a while and they didn’t exactly have any big impacts on the game per-se. However they have improved a lot. In the early parts of their histories, i.e. rounds ¾ I would have considered Virus to be more of a 2nd rate alliance. But they have improved substantially and are a force to be reckoned with. With the leaving of many prominent alliances they are literally thrust into the limelight. I expect them to be quite a force to be reckoned with in the very near future.
Just to correct the Virus/Xanadu relationship (hmmm... where is Scorpio when ya need him)

Xanadu = XFA then UXF then Virus (R2, R3) then Xanadu (R4,5,6,7).

Xanadu created Virus.

Virus became very large (mass recruiting) and less l33t then our roots. During this time some of our original players left us for other alliances. We (Xanadu) decided to recreate ourselves picking back up our core players and what we left behind was a small group of individuals who took the remains of Virus and made it into a substaintial alliance.

It was after we became what is known as "Xanadu" that we started our wing system. It was not created intentionally but rather as a way to work with LDK. After we saw the benefits and the ease of expansion with administration already in place then we decided the "wing system" was an excellent way to incorporate small talented groups.
"Proud to be Xanadu"
xanadu zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 18:11   #37
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
RexDrax, i feel you should speak about Genesis 2 aswell
After all they did try to kill off MI and Fury.
Also SL deserves a word or two

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 18:14   #38
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
and btw. nice thread

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 19:54   #39
Handsome Sailor
Turbojugend

Handsome Sailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Someone requested I talk about Cell. All I know of Cell is that they are a German alliance. I think they are somewhat related to Templar (not just being both German alliances, but they having a common past). Hopefully Holylight will grace us with his present and fill in the big gaps I am leaving behind here.
In round 4, Cell and NoS allied. This alliance lasted quite a while and was one of the best things that could have happened to both alliances. They worked so well and efficiently together that if they had some better luck they could have become the new Furgion of that time. The alliance between them led to numerous victories, but like all good things, it had to come to an end. I believe the end came when Holylight left for real life and some other HC’s as well. This left a huge vacuum in the command structure which was not filled up. Cell tired to make a comeback in subsequent rounds but never quite succeeded, at least I don’t think they did. Are they still around?
hmm, my memory isnt perfect, but i think 90% of this is wrong... hope Fenix or sth can come and post something.

a few things i think i can correct u on:[list]

Cell was all-German in r3, and maybe the start of r4(i joined mid-r4). I think they came from EA and some other smaller alliances.

I don't think we'd become the "new furgion" with NoS.

Holylight wasnt HC when the original(r4) Cell collapsed. he took over after i left in r5. the "new" cell did suffer alot when he was in a car accident or something. The original Cell "collapse" i think someone else should write about but it was prolly mainly due to most HC's leaving (Fenix' pr0n bills, Cray for military etc etc)

I never cared much for the new Cell (or CeLL as the idiots decided to tag as) but i think they had some probs in r6 or r7 and became an Ely wing which disbanded quite fast.

nG was started by many of the original Cell ppl from r4. nG was KEWL!
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 20:04   #40
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough
CELL HC comment

About CELL in R4:

I joined CELL in R4 and got BC very fast, was trusted by FeNiX,Cray,Mejnoura,HellTheSheep, exception (although he never liked me ) very fast and was one of the first to know that we were gonna ally NoS.

Yes, it was the best that could have happened for CELL.

CELL was founded in R2-3 and was german only. It formed out of a BW community in the EUIrc. Mid-R4 the HC decided to take in non-germans.

In R5 I became CELL HC and I really enjoyed working with Dingo, Rev, NoS and everyone else.
The community in CELL was great and it was my best and nicest time in PA.

At the end of R4, beginning of R5 the important HCs left us: Cray, HellTheSheep, Mejnoura and someone I forgot the name...
Mid of R5 FeNiX and me had to take a break from PA because of rl problems and we gave the alliance over to Holylight.... the spirit was broken and the alliance dead -R5 was **** for CELL & NoS.

FeNiX and me then joined Silver in R6 & created a wing called nG soon with many R4 CELLs and friends we had made during 3 rounds of PA.

Out of nG we developed FAnG in R7 together with LEFF. In fact we can say that FAnG is the alliance which resulted out of CELL, even if neither me nor most of the other CELL R4 ppl are still member of FAnG.

For R9, [CELL] will come back, with a new name but without beeing a real alliance.

Friends > all in this game.

CELL was one of the best organized alliances arround and was abled to cope with Xan in R3-4

Thnx to every CELL member for such a great time.

Lockhead

Templar HC R3
CELL BC R4
CELL HC R5
Silver BC & nG HC R6
FAnG HC R7-8

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 20:07   #41
Handsome Sailor
Turbojugend

Quote:
Now to mention one of the most respected, and feared alliance , out there. This alliance might not have had a big impact on the game, but nobody wanted to be at the mercy of their attacks. If you pissed these guys off, they would come and hunt you down and burn your planet to a cindering crisp. This alliance could make any winning power block tremble in their boots, yes that’s right, I am talking about the deadly lemming run . hirr has been around for quite a while. Don’t know their history so someone else can fill that portion in. They are quite a community that pride itself on having fun, and they always had a certain element of irrationality to them. They were willing to throw their mighty fleets at a stronghold in futility to prove a point, that they are not to be ignored and are a force in the universe.
What I like the most about hirr, besides their famous lemming runs, is that they played to have fun. They didn’t care about power blocking too much and basically wanted their members, and to a certain extend, the community to have fun.
wubbed that though

hirr!

Last edited by Handsome Sailor; 1 Jan 2003 at 20:37.
Handsome Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 21:12   #42
dudgae
FAnG BC

dudgae is on a distinguished road
was a bit lazy in reading whole thread but 2things:
Lock > *
Superior > *
:deer:

-= n00b r4: 103:14:2 .[Oooomph!] =- x -= r5 bReAk =- x -= r6: 23: 9:7. [nG] =- x -= r7: 26:11:7 .[FAnG] =-

[22:01] <Zeus> id even launch on fury targets at this rate
dudgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 00:04   #43
Handsome Sailor
Turbojugend

Quote:
Originally posted by dudgae, FAnG BC, in his sig
..oN3 m3rGe To ruLe th3m all - the r6[FanG] was born
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran higher up in this thread
mmm, 3 small remarks

FA and nG wasn't a merger
aaaaaaw, dudgae ^_^!
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 18:18   #44
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough
my opinion...

In my opinion:

Best Overall Alliance: Fury. It was a close thing with Legion but the fact that Fury outlasted Legion by one round tipped the scales in their favour.

Most 1337 alliance: Legion in r2 and first half of r3.

Best Defensive alliance: BlueTuba for defending so well in r3.

Best Offensive alliance: LDK for their f33red suicidal attacks and the late fighter support that furgion always falls for

Best Organised: Xanadu for managing to juggle all those wings into such an effective system.

"Bravest" alliance: Xanadu, for being enemies of either Legion or Fury or both from their formation in r2 all the way to when they disbanded in r7.

Most influential person (alliance wise): Gotta be Sid.

(Merged it in for you-Jonny)

Thanks

Last edited by Seed of Chaos; 12 Jan 2003 at 16:43.
Seed of Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 14:53   #45
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I thought I will point out that the three superpower alliances (What I believe to have been the superpowers: Legion, Fury and Xanadu) have all had a different structure.

Legion: A simplistic HC system - the most common structure within the game. It went through the most recruitment systems in the game - but always maintained as a single entity. (Honourary mentions would go to Deus and Bluetuba)

Xanadu: A variation on the standard structure. It had a HC, then Officers and then members but unlike Legion incorporated a wing system. Out of the three superpowers it had the biggest HC, and probably the most administration in order to get the wings to work effectively. The only success for wing systems within the game I believe. Its recruitment was mostly through its wings (Honourable mentions would go to RB)

Fury: The dictatorship alliance for PA. Whilst this system worked extremely well for Fury, advancing them far faster than many give it credit for it proved a dismal failure for many alliances to try and reproduce. The basic system itself showed its weakpoint in r4, although Fury managed to address the issue and build a more solid structure. The Fury structure and system was obviously my favourite in the game - and when pulled off correctly was the best (in my opinion). Its recruitment system was much harsher than many within the game. Provisonal through r2-r4 and then Wrath onwards afterwards. Wrath set a benchmark for recruitment alliances/wings from r5 onwards. (Honourable mentions go to ViruS for being the only real dictatorship alliance to not collapse - although it probably was not quite as structured as Fury was for it, and in the latter rounds it definately has become more HC based)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 17:24   #46
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
LDK was by far the best in my eyes!
they had 3 great factors #1 fun #2 community #3 skilled players

i can say i never seen such an genial mix in any other alliance i was member before. also the fact that the community factor was very good in ldk the administration and security effort was very low (at last i think so). and the main adimistration work was to arbiter and communication with other alliancess but i might be wrong since i was only a pe0n

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 18:50   #47
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
UXF (United Xanadu Federation) came to exist through a merger between XFA (Xanadu Foundation Alliance) and UFP (United Federation of Planets). Reorganization led to a new name (Virus) during round 2.

I feel honoured you mentioned my squad
PotU, Princes of the Universe (not Princess ). Never seen anything better.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 05:26   #48
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
MadCows History (only took 5-7 computer crashes to complete)

Round 3
Madcows was Formed
when two galaxies formed a great working relationship that was about more then Roids

Round 4

Private Galaxy rounds meant that the MadCowS members could group themselves with friends and still maintain the different alliance links. The galaxy with the most MadcowS members was affectionately known as Mad1. in round 4 we had 5 galaxies full of 25 players a piece in madcows (MaD5 met at the bar)

Round 5
This is where almost every Madcow had a alliance be it Fury/Virus/Nos/ICD/Tuba/list goes on
It was great and the only alliance we dident have in Mad1 was VTS which lead to the 7 days of incomming from the GOD's Galaxy's and they dident take many roids less then 500 total if that.
Mad2 was wrecked with incomming quite a bit as they were mostly in the NoCex block but we stood strong and defended them when they asked as is the spirit of the cow

Round 6
This was the round of 2 fun times in the Madcows Community Madcows had 2 top galaxies that round and Mad1 reached the 7th spot in the universe and the 'Alliance tag war' in which we saw both Spinner and Oreo in #madcows along becide Jurgen(dragons leader) and Protox (Madcows Leader) for the race to see who could get the top tag It was very close and the Dragons did win but it was a great fun for all.

Round 7 saw many of the members take a break over the summer, recharging ready to return and take on the universe in Round 8. how ever many still stayed on and had a good round as we were still not a alliance during round 7 (although plans were underway for round 8) we as a group had no one who was directly hostile towards us and we continued to enjoy our status as a nice playing group in the universe.

Round 8 the Random Universe Meets the Madcows Alliance

And Madcows began to appear in the strangest places... we had a sucessful round Mooing at people we never targetd any one alliance rather we hit thoose who hit us and did quite well at keeping low profile. was definatly a fun time on the fields
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 12:57   #49
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Talking 4thD

The only alliance with no intention, no goals, no HC, no need for glory, honour nor anything else, with no allies,and no enemies. No memberbase, boards, nor attacks or anything else an alliance might want, but nevertheless got it all without wanting or working to get it ^^

ph33r

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 21:40   #50
McKulz

I should mention the most infamous alliance in rd 4 and possibly PA history - GLX - Galactic Legacy Xtreme.

Growing from a cluster alliance from rd 3, it dominated parallels 13 and 14 in round 4 and expanded across the universe spreading fear and mistrust. With the most active alliance channel ever seen on irc.planetarion #glx was almost always ranked #1 on Stats. But irc wasn't the only place GLX dominated, the pa forums was a hotbed of constant GLX discussion throughout the round, every day you would find atleast 1/2 of the threads discussing GLX and it's abilities. But that's not all GLX accomplished, it was the little alliance that could, progressive growth throughout rd 4 brought GLX from nothing to the #5 ranked alliance according to patools. But GLX didn't stop there, in round 5, GLX with it's allies was one of the few blocks to resist the furgion dominance, and in round 6 had at one point 3 galaxies in the Top 10, and the top gal at the end of the round consisted of nearly 1/2 former GLX members.