User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 5 Jun 2006, 12:35   #1
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice
Resources allowed to have stocked.

There are limits for the gal fund and the alliance fund.

Why dont we use the same rules on planets?

Seing that the latest rounds it have become more and more popular to stockpile resources.

This stockpiling give us planets who are almost untouchable.

How can you attack someone who can build enough of any ship to basically stop an whole alliance attacking with one ship class?

So I suggest that the limits that there is on gal and alliance fund get used on planets to.

So you can only have 75mil resources stocked on your planet.
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 12:42   #2
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts
Re: Resources allowed to have stocked.

lower it to 1/10 of alliefund so ppl have to calc a bit what to build
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 12:56   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And here I was thinking it would still be limited to 100 million of each like in pre-pax era ôo
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 13:56   #4
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

The limits on gal and alliance fund are there to prevent too much score being completely hidden from other allies and gals. For a planet to hide res, they would have to spend/cancel every single tick.
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 14:03   #5
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
The limits on gal and alliance fund are there to prevent too much score being completely hidden from other allies and gals. For a planet to hide res, they would have to spend/cancel every single tick.
I know that. But that has nothing to do with the point.

The point is that with saving res you can become unhitable because basically your fleet is REAL huge. or can be with spending.

Its a war game, sitting on top saving resources so you dont get hit and can hit anyone else it just wrong. ( They can do that even tho they are big , they just fake spend their res and then attack ).

So I think something must be done.
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 14:13   #6
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

rescource saving cap would be fine by me ...

i save res myself ... but no more than 3 days worth ... but lets try putting it a different way

how about

Due to storage space at your factories .. res must be used

your factories can store only X amount, deliveries will cease until storage has been cleared
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 14:50   #7
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
rescource saving cap would be fine by me ...

i save res myself ... but no more than 3 days worth ... but lets try putting it a different way

how about

Due to storage space at your factories .. res must be used

your factories can store only X amount, deliveries will cease until storage has been cleared
how about adding a few ticks to the production time with a minimum of 15 ticks maybe - that way you could never prod your way out of incomings but still stockpile and lower your value by fakespending etc ...

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 15:47   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I had a vague thought of causing huge resource stocks to lower your alertness rating to make you vulnerable to covert operations. If you have millions and millions of stashed resources, you obviously attract more mischieviousity, right? An amount of resources (say, 3 million total stocked) would lower your alertness by 1. 15 million stocks by five, 150 million by fifty. You could *still* employ the resource hoarding tactic, but it would require you to invest heavily on security centers. Does it get too complicated?

If it does, then just a crude cap is okay.

I wasn't arsed to make a new thread of this, just inserted it here. Sorry!
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 16:00   #9
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
How can you attack someone who can build enough of any ship to basically stop an whole alliance attacking with one ship class?

You attack him with 1 ship class and make him spend the resources then you attack him with another class. Then again you knew that already.
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 16:02   #10
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
I had a vague thought of causing huge resource stocks to lower your alertness rating to make you vulnerable to covert operations. If you have millions and millions of stashed resources, you obviously attract more mischieviousity, right? An amount of resources (say, 3 million total stocked) would lower your alertness by 1. 15 million stocks by five, 150 million by fifty. You could *still* employ the resource hoarding tactic, but it would require you to invest heavily on security centers. Does it get too complicated?

If it does, then just a crude cap is okay.

I wasn't arsed to make a new thread of this, just inserted it here. Sorry!
I like this thought. This is a fair way to balance the two issues, and it allows the players to do the 'enforcing' of the balance. I would make it so there is little or no security loss until you reach around 10 million saved resources -- there are valid reasons to want to save resources, and I wouldn't want to discourage that. However once you get about the 10 million cap there would start to be a significant reduction of your security, say 5 points for every 3 million total resources saved. This would mean that a #1 engineering priority for security is negated at about 28 million total resources saved. Seems fairly reasonable to me.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 17:00   #11
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

I think that the resource stockpiling is a tactic which makes the game more intresting, if they doon't have FA (or your Xan) it can be combated with unpredictable fleets! (and no I don't stockpile my res)

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 17:16   #12
Spritfire

Ofcourse its smart to stockpile a little, specially when you get incommings.

But when that stockpile gets so big the point of having it is complete gone.
The only reason you will need it for, is to keep your value/score lower and then fake spend/abuse it when you need to attack smaller planets to get roids.
Wich I think is wrong.
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 18:14   #13
Anonymous Hero
I can be your hero!

Anonymous Hero is on a distinguished road

The tactic of resource stockpiling is okay, but surely there some be some penalty associated with it? At the moment it's just a huge advantage to the planet.

Maybe a resource cap could be added, as well as a construction line with it. A planet could store 24 ticks worth of resources maximum, a storage construction could increase this by 12 ticks per construction. The values could easily be altered, or could be fixed numbers (makes it much harder for larger planets). A new covert operation to destroy storage constructions could also be added, forcing players to raise their security level.
Anonymous Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 19:11   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Hero
A new covert operation to destroy storage constructions could also be added, forcing players to raise their security level.
They are immune to cov-ops anyways - the ones that stock. A few security centers with 1st priority usually cuts it.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 19:53   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I kind of like the idea of limiting the amount of res a planet can have, but it does have serious negative effects on vacation mode and planets that are wrongly closed and then opened again.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 20:21   #16
Spritfire

Why does it have a negative effect ?
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 20:23   #17
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I kind of like the idea of limiting the amount of res a planet can have, but it does have serious negative effects on vacation mode and planets that are wrongly closed and then opened again.
1. you dont get incom during vac and 2. well the matter should be solved within the time they reach the limmit anyway
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 20:43   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
1. you dont get incom during vac and 2. well the matter should be solved within the time they reach the limmit anyway
1) oops my mistake

2) depends - if they are a really big planet I'd imagine they could reach it quti easily within the 10 day appeal window

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 21:39   #19
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
1) oops my mistake

2) depends - if they are a really big planet I'd imagine they could reach it quti easily within the 10 day appeal window

Seems like it would easy enough to create an exception for closed planets, and if you go the route of not capping but penalizing security, closed planets are uneffected.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 23:03   #20
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry much about the effect on closed (and opened or not) planets when making decisions.

However, saving up resources (at the expense of what you can do now) is a tactical move, I like that :|
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 23:33   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I support the cov op solution here. The more resources you got stacked the easier it is to steal from you because you cant keep control and check all the storage facilities.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 00:41   #22
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
1) oops my mistake

double donate to them to make up the loss 1 day then next..
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 02:11   #23
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
I know that. But that has nothing to do with the point.

The point is that with saving res you can become unhitable because basically your fleet is REAL huge. or can be with spending.

Its a war game, sitting on top saving resources so you dont get hit and can hit anyone else it just wrong. ( They can do that even tho they are big , they just fake spend their res and then attack ).

So I think something must be done.
Yeah I understand your point. Don't like the idea of a dead stop to resource stocking though. Perhaps make 'storage facilities' a new construction category (kind of a HCT for cons), and so those who want to stock, have to build these facilities, and also invest in security. This way, you can have stock limits that progress appropriately as the round develops, rather than have a set limit which is too large to affect the start of a round, and too small for many people at the end of a round.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 03:45   #24
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

resource stockpiling.. bring finance centres into play again, pa crew go create a formula so that u can only stock as much res as your finance centres can accomodate... the excess of your stockpile can get taxed say, 65% same as roid output tax when u cant mine them all.... and implement that "bug" fix u coded next round plzz -
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 08:50   #25
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Instead of posting here at the end of the round people should get some balls and attack those planets and take their rotz once they have got too many....

no rotz = no stockpiling

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote