User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jul 2007, 10:55   #101
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The Last great War?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
I think Heartless just may have given a describtion on what hitting your enemies non-stop means and an insight to the mechanics and results of it.
Probably, but I also pondered about how to do it with an unmotivated alliance. I guess the bottom line is that no alliance can claim to have "non stop targeted" some other alliance because non-stop-targeting involves a lot more than launching on specific planets and / or galaxies night after night.
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 16:14   #102
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Considering I dc'd against eXilition, too, I have to say that where eXilition and CT do largely differ is the definition of "having asteroids". For eXilition it was sufficient when 1up planets had 250 to 300 roids to fall into their target list, at least that is how I remember it from the defense calls we had listed in 1up back then.
Off the top of my head, there were three reasons for targetting to run in that way. Most importantly, we wanted to put the one alliance that was going out of its way to form a resistance against us, out of the fight for first. This left them no real reason to do so any more. Stunting their growth and knocking them psychologically were the main focus here. As 1up's responses died down, eventually there came a point where both alliances knew they weren't fighting each other any more.

We'd also have to consider our own players and what they're thinking. Even with an intelligent and committed group of players, we couldn't focus on poor targets indefinitely while keeping them happy. It's worth pointing out that a major contributor to our success was our ability to either inspire real unquestioned commitment or to ensure members understood some of the reasons why we did the things we did.

Lastly, in a political field like that, it's great to be powerful. Spending some time working on growth and (to a degree) shaping the universe (galaxy ranks etc.) can make you infinitely harder to deal with later on. So yes, we certainly had reason to go for roids, too.

edit; ..For round 18 anyway. The same issues apply to 15 in a different way. Clearly, we had a lot less time on our hands then and had to concentrate on damaging others rather than ourselves.
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 16:29   #103
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Off the top of my head, there were three reasons for targetting to run in that way. Most importantly, we wanted to put the one alliance that was going out of its way to form a resistance against us, out of the fight for first. This left them no real reason to do so any more. Stunting their growth and knocking them psychologically were the main focus here. As 1up's responses died down, eventually there came a point where both alliances knew they weren't fighting each other any more.

We'd also have to consider our own players and what they're thinking. Even with an intelligent and committed group of players, we couldn't focus on poor targets indefinitely while keeping them happy. It's worth pointing out that a major contributor to our success was our ability to either inspire real unquestioned commitment or to ensure members understood some of the reasons why we did the things we did.

Lastly, in a political field like that, it's great to be powerful. Spending some time working on growth and (to a degree) shaping the universe (galaxy ranks etc.) can make you infinitely harder to deal with later on. So yes, we certainly had reason to go for roids, too.

edit; ..For round 18 anyway. The same issues apply to 15 in a different way. Clearly, we had a lot less time on our hands then and had to concentrate on damaging others rather than ourselves.
I largely agree on what you say, however, 1up fighting spirit didn't break that easily in round 13, and round 15 as well I think. Certainly that is another point adding in to nowadays dilemma - one of the involved parties tends to give up way too fast, for whatever reason. Probably because people hardly care that much about the game and some of its entities anymore and rather seek the most profitable gain for themselves without seeing the chances and benefits they have from a campaign. The excuse will certainly be that even Sid said that "war in pa ain't beneficial anymore", but in most cases it will only hide the fact that the people using that argument just cannot be bothered to think about how they could make war profitable for themselves.

Also I am well aware that you didn't focus on poor targets for the whole round, and I didn't claim that nor did I want to imply that.
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 17:08   #104
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
yeah.. bastards fleetcaught me twice that round simply because I'd 3-fleet exi every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
I think Heartless just may have given a describtion on what hitting your enemies non-stop means and an insight to the mechanics and results of it.
Do you miss my daily launch/relaunches on you that much keiz? I always had so much fun
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 18:47   #105
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
Do you miss my daily launch/relaunches on you that much keiz? I always had so much fun
You naughty 3 fleeter. I miss the days of daily launch/relaunches 3 fleet defending against rshih in r11. Good times!

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 18:49   #106
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

i hate you bastard. where have you been btw

[1up] Peon
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 10:46   #107
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
As a matter of fact I sort of do miss it. At least it's a little bit more developed than this pathetic non-stop targeting some people claim they're doing.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2007, 19:11   #108
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
where have you been btw
Ask your mum!

edit: How quick the childish IRC style jokes come back! Ive actually been working, sigh. I dont have enough time to stick around on IRC, I do poke my head onto the forums frequently though.

Unread 29 Jul 2007, 19:17   #109
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
i hate you bastard.
Its okay, most people hated me that round! With half of 1up wanting to roid me and most of LCH, it was only a matter of time. Sadly LCH got there first!

Unread 30 Jul 2007, 06:32   #110
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

those were supposed to be mine. I wanted those for so long Should have been a gift for the few thousand HR roids you denied me :'(

[1up] Peon
Unread 30 Jul 2007, 23:02   #111
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

lies, 1up and LCH should of left me be and allowed me to win the round, for generally being such a nice guy and all!

Sadly nice guys dont finish first.

P.S. If you had put as much effort into roiding HR as you did whinging about me defending against you perhaps you might of had more luck!