User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Jun 2006, 09:55   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Gobsmacked - New Alliance Scoring System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
in fact new signups might even be preferred to other planets?
This, and kargool's post before it is one of the worst abuses of logic I've ever seen. Small players grow fast as a percentage of their overall score. How you can not realise how this is different from an actual higher score gain is beyond me.

Personally I'm against the rule because it runs against what I think the winning alliance should be, the most militarily powerful alliance in the game.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 10:11   #102
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
- They will choose an alliance that has 64 other members from the word go.
Which is the same as the old system. Assuming you want to be in a high ranked alliance, you are going to want one that is nearly full.

Quote:
- They will NOT want to commit any of their score to an alliance which they ultimately might not belong to and be in competition with.
Who joins alliances they plan to be in competiton with later?

Quote:
So once they have spent a certain part of a round with one alliance, they will feel a false loyalty and obligation to themselves to stay.
Under the existing system, I can see the obligation. Your original alliance helped you grow and youd be taking your score away from them.

What obligation are you talking about? I dont see any new obligation in the changed system.

Quote:
As far as alliances that want to win:

- They will recruit to 65 and only readily change members when they can replace a slow growing member with a fast growing one (should one be available). This hardly encourages an alliance to be loyal to a struggling member!
The old system doesnt encourage allainces to be loyal to struggling members either, it encourages them to replace such players with higher score planets.

Quote:
The system takes bargaining power away from the individual. I disagree fundamentally to that.
It doesnt take any bargaining power away from individuals. Its individuals who grow the alliance score, without individuals alliances wont be able to grow, and better players with bigger planets will grow more and have more bargaining power, just like under the old system.

It would mean that a very large player couldnt threaten to pull all his value out of an alliance if they dont accomidate his wishes. Big players would still have huge bargaining power, they would still have more bargaining power than other players, but they wouldnt be able to hold thier alliances over a barrell... I have a hard time seeing that as a negative.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 10:29   #103
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
It would mean that a very large player couldnt threaten to pull all his value out of an alliance if they dont accomidate his wishes. Big players would still have huge bargaining power, they would still have more bargaining power than other players, but they wouldnt be able to hold thier alliances over a barrell... I have a hard time seeing that as a negative.
I disagree. The concept of an alliance without players with score is just silly. If your (not yours specifically) alliance ****s up and I want to leave and take my score with me that should be my right. It's not your planet. Do galaxies retain score from planets they exile? Hell ****ing no they don't.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 10:35   #104
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I disagree. The concept of an alliance without players with score is just silly. If your (not yours specifically) alliance ****s up and I want to leave and take my score with me that should be my right. It's not your planet. Do galaxies retain score from planets they exile? Hell ****ing no they don't.
The concept of an alliance without players with score has nothing to do with my post. I agree that its silly.

Why is it your right to take your score with you?

Argue that allowing you take your score makes for a better game, I agree with that, but you dont have a right to do something just because thats how its always been done.

Last edited by K-W; 28 Jun 2006 at 10:41.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 10:59   #105
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
The concept of an alliance without players with score has nothing to do with my post. I agree that its silly.

Why is it your right to take your score with you?

Argue that allowing you take your score makes for a better game, I agree with that, but you dont have a right to do something just because thats how its always been done.
Without me that planet wouldn't exist. Without alliance, gal, cluster, joe bloggs who does defence and my mum who scans for me it might not be as good but it'd still be there. The score is either mine or no-one's really. Would you support galaxies who have exiled or had players exile retaining score gained in that galaxy?
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 11:42   #106
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

When an alliance (say #1) is at war with another and they feel they can't take it, all planets simply leave the alliance since their score is kept within it anyway. How can one effectively take down an alliance if the score stays within the alliance no matter what. If you take a 100mil alliance down to 10mil they'd still have the 100mil if the players simply leave :/
Great idea to just quit the alliance one week or so before the round ends to ensure your victory.

Isn't it hard this way to see how many planets an alliance actually has, since you can't see the score drop/rise at all when one player is kicked and one rejoins?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 12:08   #107
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo
Isn't it hard this way to see how many planets an alliance actually has, since you can't see the score drop/rise at all when one player is kicked and one rejoins?
You're presuming there's some form of logic behind this decision, as opposed to just the victory of a single pressure group over the community.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 12:46   #108
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personally I'm against the rule because it runs against what I think the winning alliance should be, the most militarily powerful alliance in the game.
I suppose the extent to which it runs against that idea depends on how much change their is in the membership of tags in eight weeks. I'm sure top alliances will end up with the bulk of their score in current members' planets and not quitters accounts at the end.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 12:50   #109
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo
When an alliance (say #1) is at war with another and they feel they can't take it, all planets simply leave the alliance since their score is kept within it anyway. How can one effectively take down an alliance if the score stays within the alliance no matter what. If you take a 100mil alliance down to 10mil they'd still have the 100mil if the players simply leave :/
Great idea to just quit the alliance one week or so before the round ends to ensure your victory.

There's not many days in a round that even the most under fire alliances see their score actually fall.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 12:59   #110
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Quick comment on that. New signups have a good chance of getting into an alliance with this rule. Or, atleast not a more difficult situation as before. Since they are low on score allready they got big possibilities to gain score quickly and to be a good addidition to an alliance.
So you would rather have a newer planet making gains of 20k to 50k but getting 10% score gains a day than a larger planet of say 2-5 million in score but only makeing gains of 5% a day?
Quote:
They might not be able to get into top 5 alliances but all the other alliances will prolly accept them.
Only if there are vacent spots. I cannot imagine kicking a large growing planet for a new that cannot gain as much per day.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 13:31   #111
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Lets clear a few things up

1) F-Crew has never and will never be a Feeder alliance for other alliances. We are an alliance that open to taking new players and training them up to their full potential and we understand if we are doing out job right our members will get offers from other alliances and that some will leave BUT this doesnt give any other alliance a god given right to profit from the work we have put in whenever they decide they need a boost in score. The belief we state this, is a myth that seems to have been built up by people trying to undermine us when they are after our members.

2) F-Crew's poaching problem itself isnt that great over recent rounds. The top10 position makes it a fraction of the problem it was as theres fewer alliances that appeal more to peoples ambition

3) I myself make poaching a big issue of mine because I remember and constantly see the problems it causes those outside teh top10. While most people may have no problem becoming hypocrits whom change their views as soon as they get out of the lower reaches (after all we pretty much all been there and seen the struggles), I am not happy to do that and will continue fighting for causes that hinder those lower in the game. I supported this idea in Round 10, and I still support it

4) Virall is imho in a fairly unique position that most alliances arent in. While he doesnt have th draw of someone like Sid who could recruit 65 members pretty much with his name alone, he does have enough of a draw to attract a certain number of loyal players. These players will no doubt follow him into any battle. MOST alliances dont have this when they start and over a round will lose significantly more score from losing members to alliances higher up the food chain than they will ever lose from not having 65 members initially.

5) furball lists ToF as being one of those that losses out and how its unfair on them. ToF were one of the alliances whom last round realised the problem those outside the top10 face and were in support of the idea. Its not the only problem none top10 alliances face but its a problem which devalues their acheivements and makes the problems worse. We need to reward alliances for their work they do with players not kick them when they are down and we need to remove the despicable tactic that alliances from 1up to VgN employ towards the end of the round of coaxing people happy to stay in their alliance till the end of round with "you have to join now" comments

6) People list some abuse situation. Some like Fake spend or joining when your due a score jump arent possible due to the settings. You also cant leave when your attacked to prevent score loss as the score loss you gain will still be counted towards the alliance score. The only abuse I can see thats left open is the swapping in and out situation but this is fairly obvious abuse and if the MH make it clear its considered abuse, then it stands out and makes it easy to penilise people.

7) "It causes an XP like situation and kills defence". Unless the XP formula is ott again I doubt this will be the case. Value will play a major part in your score still so value has to be kept. And while you cant totally wipe out an alliance now you can knock their members down to their base score and limit their growth. We would need Appoc to confirm this but id assume if you go below base score you wont gain any alliance score until you go above it so you can really slow them down with some well placed attacks

8) The system actually encourages alliances to take a risk on lower level players as theres less risk. A 2mill guy can fall below his base score without adequate defence and never gain the alliance any direct score (although they may still be useful for defence and indirect score gains) while a new player with hardly any score with some training will struggle to ever be below base score. Its why its a shame that it hasnt been adopted for galaxy score like I suggested as it put the emphasis on new players and makes them more important. Yes high scorers will still be a major asset, they will probally grow quicker and will have resources to help others grow but the difference between the two parties is alot less now

9) People seem to have this idea that such a feature means that you cant beat an alliance as they can get a lead and then all quit leaving them with a score which cant be reduced. For starters as has been pointed out alliances very rarely lose score without losing members so this option doesnt change much. And most importantly if everyone quits then theres no score growth at all, and no score growth means others will catch up quickly. You would need a substantial lead to pull off this tactic and it would be safer just to keep people in tag imho

10) And I dont expect F-Crew to have 65 members to start with, apart from last round we were never close to the limits until later on and with this being a summer round i would expect (well and know) a number of our core wont be back this round
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 13:50   #112
JonnyBGood
Banned

Unearned loyalty is worth shit and is not what forms communities. It's the individual's score not the alliance. We seem to be trying to reward hard work using this method but this is a daft principle. Extending it logically we should reward the officers and HCs in an alliance by giving them higher score. If anything all this idea has convinced me of is actual tag rankings are a ****ing shit idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
I suppose the extent to which it runs against that idea depends on how much change their is in the membership of tags in eight weeks. I'm sure top alliances will end up with the bulk of their score in current members' planets and not quitters accounts at the end.
If you asked me at the start of last round whether an alliance could keep 90% of their planets out-of-tag and not have them roided to shit and in fact actually build a substantial lead over the next alliance I would have said not a chance. Restrictions on tactical and strategic fluidity are what kills this game. I'm pretty sure someone from 10.9 last round said they were the real galaxy winners due to being number one for longer during the round. That's the sort of gibberish this game is heading towards.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 13:52   #113
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

its's a change in the game mechanics same as any other rd ,

tbh it has its good and bad points but when has a change in the game suited everyone

adapt adjust and overcome

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 13:54   #114
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
its's a change in the game mechanics same as any other rd ,

tbh it has its good and bad points but when has a change in the game suited everyone

adapt adjust and overcome
If you make too many changes people will adapt to the game being shit, adjust to not playing anymore and overcome the desire to come online. Rules like this kill intelligent strategic gameplay
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 14:04   #115
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBeGod
Restrictions on tactical and strategic fluidity are what kills this game. I'm pretty sure someone from 10.9 last round said they were the real galaxy winners due to being number one for longer during the round. That's the sort of gibberish this game is heading towards.
Quoted for truth. PA is already VERY restrictive when compared to it's competition in the online gaming community. I'm not sure how making it more so can help matters. That said, if PATeam were to close this door but open up a few other areas for innovation, imaginative strategy and fun then I wouldn't especially care about this particular issue.

However, since that isn't going to happen, I'll just get back in my pigeon hole and continue to click on my spreadsheet in an ever more morally and socially correct manner. Whilst the planetarion universe strives for ultimate fairness in war I guess all thats left for the individual dron... errrrr, players is to adapt to their new roles.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 14:31   #116
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Lets clear a few things up...
I'm sorry Wakey, but you do talk some complete nonsense at times, and your perspective is rather blinkered.

1) This thread is not about F-crew. It never has been about F-crew. You are trying to make it about F-crew. Game mechanics should never be used to stop you from losing members (and/or their score).

2) This thread is not about F-crew. It never has been about F-crew. You are trying to make it about F-crew. Game mechanics should never be used to stop you from losing members (and/or their score).

3) This thread is not about poaching. It never has been about poching. You are trying to make it about poaching. Game mechanics should never be used to stop you from losing members (and/or their score).

4) Oh and point 4 finally comes on topic. A new alliance like Virall's, or a less than full alliance like SiN (for example) are severely limited in going for the #1 position. They are in effect forced to mass recruit as many people as they can, because they cannot fully benefit from recruitment later in the round. Just because F-crew are happy to operate with fairly loose membership requirements, does not mean that other alliances should not be allowed the time to set their aims a bit higher. Under this system, they have to dilute their member quality in order to get a full memebership asap and stand a chance of winning. On a similar issue: Say I was top 100 but never joined an alliance. I depended totally on galaxy defence and was a member of a battlegroup. It's more or less exactly what I did last round so don't say it's unrealistic. If I join an alliance with the score that I have personally erned while out of any tag, I sure as hell want that score to benefit my alliance.

5) This thread is not about poaching. It never has been about poching. You are trying to make it about poaching. Game mechanics should never be used to stop you from losing members (and/or their score).

6) You cant get away with leaving when you're attacked, but there is no issue with leaving when you _know_ you are going to be, or when you receive one of many waves (as proven with a jgp), in which case only the first wave (or those launched when you leave) affect your alliance score. I also haven't seen MH saying anything about swapping players in and out to create an alliance score 'invinsibility' as punishable.

7) Moot point if they have artificially increased their base score through swopping members in and out of tag. There is no way for other alliances to punish this either as they cannot know which are out of tag at any one time.

8) It would be far more useful if a planet could contribute negative score, then the whole risk thing is far more interesting. As it stands, the whole base score issue makes your point worthless.

9) You wouldnt need a huge score lead with a week to go to pull it off. You could even do it for a laugh. I mean, wouldn't it be hilarious to win with one member

10) I bet you're close to 65. Then again, this thread is not about F-crew. It never has been about F-crew. You are trying to make it about F-crew. Game mechanics should never be used to stop you from losing members (and/or their score).

Last edited by Furyous; 28 Jun 2006 at 14:57.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 14:37   #117
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
9) You wouldnt need a huge score lead with a week to go to pull it off. You could even do it for a laugh. I mean, wouldn't it be hilarious to win with one member
This almost makes it worth having. Next round 1up could send up zhil as the only member intag with an alliance average score of 300 million.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 14:57   #118
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If you make too many changes people will adapt to the game being shit, adjust to not playing anymore and overcome the desire to come online. Rules like this kill intelligent strategic gameplay
Which once again is because the game itself lacks a clear vision what it should be like. It seems like pa crews general opinion is that the winner should be determined by exploiting the given set of rules and game mechanics (r15 the oogooa defense planets, r16 xp whoring, r17 out of tag hiding).

This is a consequence of half-assed implementations of "features" just like constant major changes of critical parts of the game instead of fine-tuning instead of designing a game.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:19   #119
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

The single biggest gain this change gives to an alliance like 1up is that we no longer need to have any patience at all with members whose activity is below par. As with all alliances we have members whose activity drops off - but who we end up keeping as they have a decent score. With the new system we can kick such members without any thought needed as we bank the score they've already contributed. The change serves to give far more power to HC and takes away power from members.

For mid-round recruitment it makes value more important than score. As originally implied in Virall's OP it also means any alliance which doesn't get to 65 members pretty quickly is screwed for competing for a top rank.

The change also has some more subtle tactical implications - meaning HC will need to do a lot of pro-active tag management, especially in the later stages of the round. So far noone has mentioned the implications for keeping scan-planets in tag - or the factors which need to be taken into account when planning for swapping them in/out. And noone's even noticed the biggest possibility it opens up - which suits me just fine.

Personally I'm generally in favour of the change - but as with most major changes in PA I'm not convinced that the goals of the change were clearly enough defined to ensure that the implementation will actually deliver it.

One thing I DO agree with Wakey on is that the change allows alliances to gamble more when taking on new recruits - if they fail to deliver there's no great cost in kicking them back out swiftly. I suspect this round there'll be a LOT of people getting kicked from alliances.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:19   #120
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Lets clear a few things up
Ok then. Given the effort made in your post, I'm going to reply with the same. Let's clear a few things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
1) F-Crew has never and will never be a Feeder alliance for other alliances. We are an alliance that open to taking new players and training them up to their full potential and we understand if we are doing out job right our members will get offers from other alliances and that some will leave ... (snipped)
I make no allegation that you are.

See here for some elaboration on my feelings about F-Crew. There's a couple more posts directly below the one I linked to which are equally important as part of the conversation, so don't forget to scroll down.

Furthermore:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
F-crew is the place where recruits are trained before they join a real alliance
Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
No.

Times have changed, F-Crew are now a real alliance with a specialism in training new players. Their score gains and roid gains reflect this.
As I hope you can see, I have a very positive attitude towards F-Crew.

Quote:
(continued) ... BUT this doesnt give any other alliance a god given right to profit from the work we have put in whenever they decide they need a boost in score. The belief we state this, is a myth that seems to have been built up by people trying to undermine us when they are after our members.
I think you prioritise the alliance (as an entity) over the individual player to too great a degree. The game now favours the alliance too much and allows little autonomy for the individual player.

To quote Sid:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Poaching involves taking something which belongs to someone else. Members aren't owned by an alliance, they are the alliance.

Where's the decisive action that can be taken by a single player or a group of players? If a faction breaks off from inside an alliance, what difference will that make except for slower score gains for that alliance?

The game needs to return to the planetary level - and this rule has transformed a gut feeling into a deep belief. We have hardcoded, limited alliances which will no longer be owned by their players. We really are moving towards alliances automatons, where the individual members themselves take less priority. If a member wants to leave and hurt their alliance (or accepts the loss it will create by leaving), let/force them to do so respectively.

Quote:
2) F-Crew's poaching problem itself isnt that great over recent rounds. The top10 position makes it a fraction of the problem it was as theres fewer alliances that appeal more to peoples ambition

3) I myself make poaching a big issue of mine because I remember and constantly see the problems it causes those outside teh top10. While most people may have no problem becoming hypocrits whom change their views as soon as they get out of the lower reaches (after all we pretty much all been there and seen the struggles), I am not happy to do that and will continue fighting for causes that hinder those lower in the game. I supported this idea in Round 10, and I still support it
And I salute you for your consistency. However, the idea was wrong in the first place and has been implemented badly. Poaching is a bitch, but this type of in-game restriction is a bad thing - and as Achilles said, it's yet another restriction which makes this game even more complicated.

Quote:
4) Virall is imho in a fairly unique position that most alliances arent in. While he doesnt have th draw of someone like Sid who could recruit 65 members pretty much with his name alone, he does have enough of a draw to attract a certain number of loyal players. These players will no doubt follow him into any battle. MOST alliances dont have this when they start and over a round will lose significantly more score from losing members to alliances higher up the food chain than they will ever lose from not having 65 members initially.
I'm sure he'll attract a decent bunch of people, but no doubt some of them will be less loyal and decide to leave as soon as things get toasty. He's still against this. If I was creating a new alliance (one of the few ways in which I could ever return to PA), I'd still be against it too. This sort of rule makes member management less important, since you're not going to lose that player's score if they leave. There's a good few Vengeance members (past and present) who can testify to my work in getting them to stay in the alliance - hi Sparks!. It was a specialism of mine, one which becomes less important with this change in the game mechanics.

Quote:
5) furball lists ToF as being one of those that losses out and how its unfair on them. ToF were one of the alliances whom last round realised the problem those outside the top10 face and were in support of the idea. Its not the only problem none top10 alliances face but its a problem which devalues their acheivements and makes the problems worse. We need to reward alliances for their work they do with players not kick them when they are down and we need to remove the despicable tactic that alliances from 1up to VgN employ towards the end of the round of coaxing people happy to stay in their alliance till the end of round with "you have to join now" comments
I pulled ToF out of the air because I knew their history as being an alliance strong at recruiting. The benefits of this rule for the non-top 10 alliances is cancelled out in my eyes when the rule equally hurts the softcore alliances which I previously mentioned. You're just making that type of alliance even more difficult to maintain because they have to deal with attacks from both the hardcore alliances and massive 'quantity over quality' attacks from smaller alliances. Their approach is to start off small with a core, and then recruit good players as the round goes on and members get burnt out and quit. It's these softcore alliances which have prevented so much stagnation in the last few rounds by keeping things entertaining - think fluid politics here.

Quote:
6) People list some abuse situation. Some like Fake spend or joining when your due a score jump arent possible due to the settings. You also cant leave when your attacked to prevent score loss as the score loss you gain will still be counted towards the alliance score. The only abuse I can see thats left open is the swapping in and out situation but this is fairly obvious abuse and if the MH make it clear its considered abuse, then it stands out and makes it easy to penilise people.
You can't rely on the MHs to come up with a clear and easy-to-understand rule. They can create rules, but you'll never know if you'll be caught out by them or not.

Furthermore, the settings don't prohibit the scenario I outlined earlier:
Quote:
If I was a major alliance HC, I'd be getting everyone I know to sign up planets. Half would opt for a race strong in the early round (Cath/Xan) and the other half would opt for a race powerful in the mid to late round (Zik/Ter?). We'd see the formation of a new alliance breaking off from my own (say, one of the AG leaders as HC) and they'd get on with things and look after themselves while they could.

Once the early-round planets had had their successes and different races were dominating, I'd slowly swap the planets (leaving the top 100 players in-tag) so that we maintained optimum score gain - so the tag would be full of Ziks by the end of the round. You could cover these actions with various suggestions about the secondary alliance re-joining the first, or a HC going psycho and kicking half his members (hi Alki!). All of this is perfectly doable. Will anyone give it a go?
Quote:
7) "It causes an XP like situation and kills defence". Unless the XP formula is ott again I doubt this will be the case. Value will play a major part in your score still so value has to be kept. And while you cant totally wipe out an alliance now you can knock their members down to their base score and limit their growth. We would need Appoc to confirm this but id assume if you go below base score you wont gain any alliance score until you go above it so you can really slow them down with some well placed attacks
It doesn't have to be XP to create the situation, it can equally be value. That's why it was called "XP-like" and not "XP". All you have to do is rotate your high-roid members into the tag and low-roid members out of tag, since they'll grow in value less.

Quote:
8) The system actually encourages alliances to take a risk on lower level players as theres less risk. A 2mill guy can fall below his base score without adequate defence and never gain the alliance any direct score (although they may still be useful for defence and indirect score gains) while a new player with hardly any score with some training will struggle to ever be below base score. Its why its a shame that it hasnt been adopted for galaxy score like I suggested as it put the emphasis on new players and makes them more important. Yes high scorers will still be a major asset, they will probally grow quicker and will have resources to help others grow but the difference between the two parties is alot less now
No, it doesn't. As I said earlier, it's your roid count which creates increases/decreases in value - and bigger players gain and lose greater amounts of score. A superb hyperactive newbie in a good galaxy will take a week to put on 200-300k score, a top player can do that in a day or two.

As for galaxy score, that would be a good idea - but that's not the issue here.
Quote:
9) People seem to have this idea that such a feature means that you cant beat an alliance as they can get a lead and then all quit leaving them with a score which cant be reduced. For starters as has been pointed out alliances very rarely lose score without losing members so this option doesnt change much. And most importantly if everyone quits then theres no score growth at all, and no score growth means others will catch up quickly. You would need a substantial lead to pull off this tactic and it would be safer just to keep people in tag imho
1up proved otherwise in Round 17.

As for alliances losing score, it's better termed as losing ground on score-gain. A good day for an alliance is 4%+ score gain, a bad day is <1% score gain.

Having refreshed, Furyous (Alexis?) and JBG replied to this already anyway. I agree with what they said, and am now backing Zhil to get top alliance.

Quote:
10) And I dont expect F-Crew to have 65 members to start with, apart from last round we were never close to the limits until later on and with this being a summer round i would expect (well and know) a number of our core wont be back this round
Well, it looks like you'd better get recruiting to 65, just like every other alliance will be.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:33   #121
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
This, and kargool's post before it is one of the worst abuses of logic I've ever seen. Small players grow fast as a percentage of their overall score. How you can not realise how this is different from an actual higher score gain is beyond me.

thats not how i meant it - i meant it as a medium sized planet can probably grow faster than a huge one - however that mya not be true with XP now the way it is

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:39   #122
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
thats not how i meant it - i meant it as a medium sized planet can probably grow faster than a huge one - however that mya not be true with XP now the way it is
It most certainly is not true at the minute. Pointing out it was true with xp the way it was is irrelevant, you might as well point out that'd it'd be different with six tick defences.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:43   #123
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
And noone's even noticed the biggest possibility it opens up - which suits me just fine.
Having a memberbase of 100 and swopping them in to spend resources/land attacks and out to make space for another member to do the same? An alliance could 'make a fortune' doing this.

Or perhaps you'd like to enlighten us on something else?
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:46   #124
furball

Quote:
Having a memberbase of 100 and swopping them in to spend resources/land attacks and out to make space for another member to do the same? An alliance could 'make a fortune' doing this.

Or perhaps you'd like to enlighten us on something else?
I doubt he'll share it. However, I doubt it's a million miles away from my race-swapping scenario. To post again for a third time (maybe I'll take the hint soon):

Quote:
If I was a major alliance HC, I'd be getting everyone I know to sign up planets. Half would opt for a race strong in the early round (Cath/Xan) and the other half would opt for a race powerful in the mid to late round (Zik/Ter?). We'd see the formation of a new alliance breaking off from my own (say, one of the AG leaders as HC) and they'd get on with things and look after themselves while they could.

Once the early-round planets had had their successes and different races were dominating, I'd slowly swap the planets (leaving the top 100 players in-tag) so that we maintained optimum score gain - so the tag would be full of Ziks by the end of the round. You could cover these actions with various suggestions about the secondary alliance re-joining the first, or a HC going psycho and kicking half his members (hi Alki!). All of this is perfectly doable. Will anyone give it a go?
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 16:00   #125
JonnyBGood
Banned

He did say nobody had mentioned it yet furball. I'm sure plenty of people could think of decent plans anyways. It's the execution that often proves difficult. There's many a slip between the cup and the lip!
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 16:03   #126
Furyous

lol furball. I think you can safely assume that a lack of reference or critique is an acceptance of your proposed argument and stratergy.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 16:12   #127
furball

But I just WANT TO BE LOVED!!!!!!!

:crymeariver:

(such a versatile smiley)
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 16:54   #128
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Whoever said "If its not broken, dont fix it" doesnt get remotely enough attention from his fellow populace.

Can we now stop trying to bend the game every chance we get any have a remote bit of fun?
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 18:09   #129
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Whoever said "If its not broken, dont fix it" doesnt get remotely enough attention from his fellow populace.

Can we now stop trying to bend the game every chance we get any have a remote bit of fun?

Idler, once again you sum it up for me beautifully.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 19:24   #130
Furyous

I think a full response from the pa crew to all the clear disadvantages discussed in this thread would be very helpful and proper.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 19:32   #131
K-W
Bored

Poaching really has no place in this discussion because this rule will do nothing to hinder poaching. Good players with strong planets will still be attractive to other alliances.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 19:34   #132
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Seems sort of a similiar situation to last round when they suddenly implemented the untested XP formulae, after extensively testing the other formulaes.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 19:45   #133
Furyous

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Poaching really has no place in this discussion because this rule will do nothing to hinder poaching. Good players with strong planets will still be attractive to other alliances.
It will do little/nothing to hinder poaching. But Wakey's point is that it will not punish the alliance from which the member is poached. My point is that it's not for the game to compensate an alliance for losing a member that has chosen to leave.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 19:46   #134
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
correct - but the alliance gets to keep their score, so their rank is less effected.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 28 Jun 2006, 19:58   #135
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
correct - but the alliance gets to keep their score, so their rank is less effected.
Yah, but it seems that just this issue could be resolved without fundementally changing how alliance score works.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 21:24   #136
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

The winner of this round is the ally, that abuses this rule the most. (my gamble is something with XP-whoring)

Again the PA team has utterly failed in logic.

Better option:
a limit in changes in member base afther 5,5 weeks. This could be in a % of ally members or score of members. (base score with indexmarks to compair them)
The - "Not letting a player rejoin a ally afther it leaves" idea.
^^ the last 1 is a sure winner.
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 21:55   #137
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

IM not too sure this makes much difference, recruiting larger planets is still beneficial as the ally score is not based on % growth but growth, those with large planets gain 1mil score + a day so trying to attract these players to your ally will still be highly beneficial, though in the medium to long term rather than short term. And not completely scuppering the ally that youve gained your new member from.
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 22:12   #138
Kal
Inactive peon

Not wishing to complicate the issue.. but when I have thought about separating the alliance score from the plaenst score previously i've thought about it in a simialr way for xp for planets.

So for example you could have somehting like alliance score = sum(planet values) + alliance bonus.

alliance bonus could be based on things like how long planets have been in an alliance, how much they have grown while in it, how much an alliance works together e.g. attacking and defence, etc. In essence an XP for alliances.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 28 Jun 2006, 22:13   #139
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Ok thanks, The PA team are going to need to fully clarify this new rule.

So basically this is highly abusable in that you can kick a member of the alliance periodically and keep the score gained and you will basically "bank" the score gain. Then after 72 ticks the member returns and starts attacking again while other members are being kicked to bank their scores. This would mean that more players will be shuffled in and out of tag more often. Every time you score a big landing your HC will have to decide if they should kick you or not so that the score for the alliance is not lost when you get roided back to nothing and loose half of the gain you made.
Quote:
I see everyone jumped on the loophole I mentioned back on page 1

Alliances will recruit high-value, high-roid players, because they offer the greatest possible increases in score. High-value players have a better chance of keeping their roids (and value is more important if score doesn't carry), while high-roid players will create faster increases in their value (and so a faster increase in the alliance's score).

Newbies will remain fairly pointless to recruit unless they're a known player or active. They can't put on that much score quickly, and just because it's a higher percentage gain doesn't mean that said higher percentage makes much of a difference to the alliance rankings.

XP players will remain useful so long as their attacks remain successful. Once the effectiveness of their fleets begins to decrease, they won't be so useful to the alliance any longer. I didn't play Round 17 (nor will I play Round 18), so I really have no idea what XP-'whoring' is like now though.

Totally agree with those 2, the system is too open for abuse. ie. bank the positive score gain from early planet growers, kick them, add in the planets that will gain lots of score later in the game, and bank that score.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 22:13   #140
Furyous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
IM not too sure this makes much difference, recruiting larger planets is still beneficial as the ally score is not based on % growth but growth, those with large planets gain 1mil score + a day so trying to attract these players to your ally will still be highly beneficial, though in the medium to long term rather than short term. And not completely scuppering the ally that youve gained your new member from.
I'm sorry, but that's an awfully simplistic viewpoint. Please read and consider the rest of the thread. The new scoring system makes a massive difference, in a number of different ways, to all alliances.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 22:27   #141
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The concept of this system is a lot better, but there is a huge hole in it in the sense that if you drop a member, you don't lose his score when arguably, you should.

With this hole removed it would mean that any new member would only contribute growth in his score to the alliance and mean that the success of a particular alliance's starting team would be all important to secure victory, because if they weren't successful and they left, the alliance would lose out (which is justified)
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 22:49   #142
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The concept of this system is a lot better, but there is a huge hole in it in the sense that if you drop a member, you don't lose his score when arguably, you should.

With this hole removed it would mean that any new member would only contribute growth in his score to the alliance and mean that the success of a particular alliance's starting team would be all important to secure victory, because if they weren't successful and they left, the alliance would lose out (which is justified)
I agree, the way I suggested it the alliance was supposed to lose the score of the member that left, but the alliance the member joined was not to gain his earlier gained score.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:03   #143
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i agree with lokken, kargool et all. The only way to really have a system like this is to have the alliance score drop when members leave or are kicked.
Otherwise its simply far too abusable.
Im surprised no-one in pateam picked up on this when this 'brainwave' was concieved.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:08   #144
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
i agree with lokken, kargool et all. The only way to really have a system like this is to have the alliance score drop when members leave or are kicked.
Otherwise its simply far too abusable.
Im surprised no-one in pateam picked up on this when this 'brainwave' was concieved.
i may be confused, but if the alliance score drops how is it actualyl any different from not having the system? Or are you not talking about a full drop?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:13   #145
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
i may be confused, but if the alliance score drops how is it actualyl any different from not having the system? Or are you not talking about a full drop?
Because you only benefit from the growth new members bring to the tag, not their score at the time they join.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:14   #146
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
i think thats pretty much the idea (although with the changes lokken mentioned )

there was no need to alter the alliance scoring mechanism imo. The proposed changes have had ( substantial ) flaws revealed in them and found to be unworkable and abusable in their current form.
It looks like a knee-jerk reaction to the tactics used by ascendancy and 1up in previous rounds, not a step towards improving the game tbh.

What are you proposing in your suggestion for a part-drop in score?
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:22   #147
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
i think thats pretty much the idea (although with the changes lokken mentioned )

there was no need to alter the alliance scoring mechanism imo. The proposed changes have had ( substantial ) flaws revealed in them and found to be unworkable and abusable in their current form.
It looks like a knee-jerk reaction to the tactics used by ascendancy and 1up in previous rounds, not a step towards improving the game tbh.

The idea in its orginal form wasnt abuseable, the way the PA team set it up is however.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:27   #148
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
The idea in its orginal form wasnt abuseable, the way the PA team set it up is however.
Quote:
The proposed changes have had ( substantial ) flaws revealed in them and found to be unworkable and abusable in their current form.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:35   #149
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
is there a thread with the original idea away from all of this stuff?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:49   #150
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

does that mean you'll (the PA team) take steps to shit can the changes in their current form?