User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:15   #1
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
Gd = Df3

After reading a few of the iraq threads i have come to the conclusion that GD is no different to the DF3 forums on jolt. The consensus of opinion may be different, a better attempt at arguing the point may be used, but the general 'i will not listen to all your argument, just find one part of it i can argue with and attempt to use it against you whilst ignoring the rest' part remains the same.

People complain that the USA does not know about europe, well, from what i have read a lot of europe people say, they have no idea about the USA. Sure they read a few news articles, maybe read a few website, but they are still ignorent whilst thinking they know. Its just a mirror image of some of the USA people on the DF3 forums. Ignorence from the majority with a few people who actually will listen to an opposing point of view and consider it.

You are all as bad as each other, complaining the other side is ignorant and knows nothing.

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:16   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
GD has idiots. But not as many.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:17   #3
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
a lot of the problems with df3 appear to stem from the abusive mods who are all too willing to flex their power over the 'new folk' which is us (GD) in most cases.

personally i just dont go there any more, but from what little ive read its just a lot of immature bickering between mods who are all too ready to ban at the first sight of a 'dreaded pa-er' and the pa folk who just go back cuz they are getting a reaction.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:17   #4
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
GD has idiots. But not as many.
Used to have alot more.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:28   #5
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
Used to have alot more.
used to be a lot more interesting too...
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:32   #6
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
Used to have alot more.

Who can forget all the "Legion is ruining the game" type posts before they split PA discussions off from GD
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 04:04   #7
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
People who disagree with us dont get deleted onsite though.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 05:50   #8
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's fun, my second account has somehow avoided being deleted thus far - My first got killed completely randomly after only 2 posts, dunno why, no response from the mods.

While arguing with an entire forum that disagrees with me will likely result in my brain exploding at some point, it gives me something to do.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 06:41   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Gd = Df3

Quote:
Originally posted by Zither
After reading a few of the iraq threads i have come to the conclusion that GD is no different to the DF3 forums on jolt.
At least people don't have oversized sigs with flags in them.

And due to fascistic moderating here, there's less direct flaming.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 06:43   #10
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by Zither
After reading a few of the iraq threads i have come to the conclusion that GD is no different to the DF3 forums on jolt. The consensus of opinion may be different, a better attempt at arguing the point may be used, but the general 'i will not listen to all your argument, just find one part of it i can argue with and attempt to use it against you whilst ignoring the rest' part remains the same.

People complain that the USA does not know about europe, well, from what i have read a lot of europe people say, they have no idea about the USA. Sure they read a few news articles, maybe read a few website, but they are still ignorent whilst thinking they know. Its just a mirror image of some of the USA people on the DF3 forums. Ignorence from the majority with a few people who actually will listen to an opposing point of view and consider it.

You are all as bad as each other, complaining the other side is ignorant and knows nothing.

You know nothing.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 06:56   #11
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Nixjim
Who can forget all the "Legion is ruining the game" type posts before they split PA discussions off from GD
Heh
Propaganda wars are not as useful as they were indeed
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 09:04   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
Heh
Propaganda wars are not as useful as they were indeed
oh.... nostalgia ahoy......
We spammed the board one day with anti-legion threads and trying to provoke Fury to go to war with them.

heh heh
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 10:09   #13
len!n
laurkhi

len!n is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Zither [...] a better attempt at arguing the point may be used, [...] [/b]
Quite a major difference that makes a difference, methinks.
len!n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:35   #14
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Df3 reminds me of Beavis and Butthead. Some clueless moron posts something completely ludicrous and instead of being challenged the rest of the morons gather round in support. Then they end up with a 3-page thread of which half is "yeah, yeah, we rule!" and the other half is american flags.

An other comparison would be the Jerry Springer Show. At first you are amused, but the longer you watch the more you find yourself wishing for somebody to enter the studio with a machinegun.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:11   #15
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Glad to say theres alot less racism and homophobia here.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:18   #16
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Emperorn
Df3 reminds me of Beavis and Butthead. Some clueless moron posts something completely ludicrous and instead of being challenged the rest of the morons gather round in support. Then they end up with a 3-page thread of which half is "yeah, yeah, we rule!" and the other half is american flags.
This made me laugh
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:23   #17
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
unfortunatly noone in any internetforum i know about ever changed his/her opinion, i never met such a person, so all these discussions are all pretty much useless, even if they are fun sometimes.
i for example do consider the points texan has, but i cant say i support the us-war on iraq but im conviced that it will make things worse. that doesnt make much snece to me.
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:46   #18
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Very true. No matter where on the net you are, boards, irc, even newsgroups for heavens sake: no one will listen to your argument enough to change his/her mind about it.

Of course, that cuts both ways. I try to be open, but mostly I think people are just wrong.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:50   #19
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
btw, it could be a lot wqorse than here. did you ever try to discuss with one of these communists? its close to impossible, in fact they make me want to a) rebuild the wall, twice as high or b) sell eastern germany to poland :/
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:53   #20
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Then I must be the single exception then.
I have admittedly changed my mind about American civilians in a thread here and had a good debate with someone. This all happened right after the Jolt/DF3 incident.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:53   #21
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Are you talking about the communists here or the ones at df3 or some other place?

I mean, I'm a communist here, and I don't want to rebuild the wall...

EDIT: what incident Struct?
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:56   #22
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunga
Are you talking about the communists here or the ones at df3 or some other place?

I mean, I'm a communist here, and I don't want to rebuild the wall...
no, im talking about another forum (and its me how wants to sell the east to poland, there is no point in wasting money on it . no, im not really serious on that, but you simply cant talk with the people i met in that forum. all they say is that the evil capital ripps off the poor employees and that in a country with a state quote above 50% )
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:57   #23
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:

EDIT: what incident Struct?
The very first clash.... when the there was much America whin0ring around here because the damn DF3 lot were such pricks.
I was very biased at that moment, but a good debate made me change my opinion of that moment.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:57   #24
Bunga
I'm not a poet

I was like gone between Sept last year and a week or so back, so I probably missed it.

Sounded like fun
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 14:01   #25
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
unfortunatly noone in any internetforum i know about ever changed his/her opinion, i never met such a person, so all these discussions are all pretty much useless, even if they are fun sometimes.
i for example do consider the points texan has, but i cant say i support the us-war on iraq but im conviced that it will make things worse. that doesnt make much snece to me.
Hi wu_trax. I've changed my opinion many times publicly, and have often publicly apologised to people for making a wrong statement.

Now you know one.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 14:04   #26
Bunga
I'm not a poet

I have seen a few people apologise when they make an incorrect statement, or correct an incorrect factual statement.

But arguing with someone and changing their views... I refer to the parabole about the disabled Olympics.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 14:09   #27
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
Hi wu_trax. I've changed my opinion many times publicly, and have often publicly apologised to people for making a wrong statement.

Now you know one.
well thats one. (in fact i know one other in yet another forum, but he never had a point of view that was consistent in itself, so that doesnt really count)
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 14:28   #28
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
I couldnt care less that GD is similar to another forum somewhere else.
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 16:54   #29
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
It's similar in that there are people, a board and some messages.

Everything else is better.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 18:52   #30
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
But arguing with someone and changing their views... I refer to the parabole about the disabled Olympics.
I dont see why. Ive had my views on certain subjects changed because of arguments on several occassions. The fact that stupid people often dont want to new learn things or challenge their pre-established notions doesnt make debate in general a futile exercise.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 20:50   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
They have better gimmick accounts, their mods are easier to confuse, they're easier to troll and complete superiority would be pathetically easy to achieve with a modicum of intelligence and a little motivation.

Go there.

PS Why did you tell us that and not even attempt to propose a rational solution?