User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 10:51   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
boooooooored

No seriously... I seem to suffer from chronical boredom lately.
I get up, do the usual morning stuff, sit behind my comp and stare at the forums or some other site.
My mind says I have to do something interresting, like code something, but... it... just... won't... happen...
I get tired even thinking about doing something.

Please help me... I wasted numerous weeks of my holiday like this, and it's really bothering me. It even makes me sad in some way. I want my motivation back.

Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:08   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Maybe you should go out with your mates and play a sport.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:09   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Welcome to the club, Structural Integrity. We've been expecting you.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:10   #4
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
When making a suggestion, should it be assumed that you have no friends?
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:12   #5
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
The world is more amusing on drugs.

Do lots of drugs.

For serious.

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:29   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkehpimp
When making a suggestion, should it be assumed that you have no friends?
No...
But assume that they live further away than can be reached by bicycle, and I don't have a car.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:52   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
No...
But assume that they live further away than can be reached by bicycle, and I don't have a car.
Well, it is past August 16th, so that should help.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:53   #8
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Well, it is past August 16th, so that should help.
What was on August 16th? Did I miss something?
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:54   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Welcome to the club, Structural Integrity. We've been expecting you.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 12:40   #10
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
What was on August 16th? Did I miss something?
You're a student aren't you?

your public transport card?
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 13:13   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
You're a student aren't you?

your public transport card?
ooooooh.... yeah. That's true.
But my mates are out on school-introduction-camp (as they organised it this year, I couldn't be arsed).

Thereby... I don't feel like getting up and walking to the bus station, having to take four busses and two trains to reach an area more densely populated than the Scottish highlands, and THEN finding me a place where I can enjoy myself ALL ALONE because my mates are away.

And don't suggest that I should visit the introduction camp cause I already considered that. It's too far to reach by bike, there are no busses or trains that come to "the middle of nowhere" and I still don't have that car.

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 13:32   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

There is no possible place from the Netherlands where one couldn't reach any reasonably middle-sized city within the hour.

Having said that, it would require getting out of one's chair
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 15:29   #13
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by I Am Grimble
The world is more amusing on drugs.

Do lots of drugs.

For serious.
Indeed. Time just flies by when you're high. Of course it's not really the social thing to do, but then again, staring blankly at your computer screen every day... oh, **** it, you know.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 15:30   #14
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
Indeed. Time just flies by when you're high.
Remember kids, do drugs. It makes the world fun again.

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 15:33   #15
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by I Am Grimble
Remember kids, do drugs. It makes the world fun again.
That and you actually do make more lasting friends over a joint than the internet. Or something. Anyway, try it!
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 18:41   #16
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know. Go climb a mountain or something.

Matrim
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 18:45   #17
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Plan time in each day to do things. Take up hobbies like reading. If you find yourself doing nothing, stop. Find people nearby to talk to, or phone someone up and talk about 3D engines or somesuch.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 19:11   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Plan time in each day to do things. Take up hobbies like reading. If you find yourself doing nothing, stop. Find people nearby to talk to, or phone someone up and talk about 3D engines or somesuch.
Alright, time for some serious talk already as this is a serious issue for me (oh god, who'd have known. Serious issues on GD).

Now, I like your planning method. I might do that... if I can be arsed to get up and get me a pencil and some paper (that's how I feel at this moment).
No, I will

Another problem I'm having (that is probably partially causing this whole lack of motivation thing) is my irregular sleeping habits of the past... say, two months. I sometimes keep tossing and turning in my bed till late in the night (or early in the morning if you like to call it like that) and always sleep late (12-14:00).
I blame my parents who left me alone for two weeks when they went on holiday. Not forcing me to shut down my comp at 11 in the evening cause they are heading for bed and are bothered by the humming noise. (Yes, I'm being treated as a little kid sometimes, though they know what's good for me... I guess)

Lastly, what you mention about calling people to talk about 3D engines... The problem is that I'm pretty much the only one of my class (no need to mention anyone else, as no one in my family can even operate a computer (except for my grandfather who can start up solitaire)) who can be arsed to sit down behind his computer in his free time and do some coding. If I had someone to talk to about that stuff, I would...

I'll be glad when I can go back to school the first of September... though I'll then be whining about not having ENOUGH time to do my own stuff.

I need that hype I had in the beginning of the year. Non-stop inspiration and motivation for weeks in a row.

fk it... I'm a geek with issues.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 23:41   #19
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Don't listen to me, I'm bored all day.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 00:50   #20
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Maybe you should go out with your mates and play a sport.

Apparantly that's a sure fire way of never gaining a drug habit.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote