User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Mar 2007, 16:24   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Roiding and getting roided.

This looks very odd to me and I am hoping someone can explain it to me.

I have an attack that will land at the exact same tick as I will get roided. By my calculations I will come out almost even since my target has about the same roids as I have so not too worried about getting roided.

But then the following happens....

Me roiding:
Report of Captured asteroids at XXXXX (X:Y:Z)
Metal Crystal Eonium
Original 105 102 107
Lost 26 25 26

and now me getting roided:

Report of Captured asteroids at XXXX (X:Y:Z)
Metal Crystal Eonium
Original 149 144 146
Lost 36 35 36

So basically the way it looks is that the person roiding me has the benefit of stealing my roids AND the roids I newly aquired. The raids happend on the exact same tick.

That doesnt quite look fair to me and make sense either. So if I was attacking the same planet that was attacking me they would get the benefit of getting my roids and the roids I stole him? Not exactly fair now is it?

Anyways hope someone can shed some light on this.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 16:30   #2
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roiding and getting roided.

It basicly depends on signup time (user/planet id) from what i have seen. Not quite sure about the exact order, but what happes is that your target ticks before your planet ticks. You get the battle report from your target and the roids are instantly added to your total, then after that your own planet ticks and that battle is calced and that attackers caps from your new total. Hence there will be situations where you will lose more as happened here and where it goes the way you expected it to go.
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 16:46   #3
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah thats what I figured. I remember in past rounds your fleet would have to be home before the roids get added to your total.

I can see some of the reasoning behind getting the roids instantly, but I think its a bunch of BS. Basically people that sign up early will benefit even more than someone signing up later. They should have the roid transfer delayed by 1 tick or have it in a holding pattern until the whole universe ticks.

In my opinion its a flaw in the game and should be addressed. Cant be that hard to add a delay into the roid transfer function.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 17:26   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't agree more.

Seems a bit unfair to have a planet's tick based upon it's user ID.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 18:33   #5
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Since everyone has an equal shot of getting a low user ID it's not all that unfair. Just get a low ID next round and it's an advantage. Plus there are far worse things 'wrong' with the game then this, and pushing roid transfer back a tick wouldn't help anything anyways.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 22:28   #6
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

You might be right, there are other more pressing matters. However this is such a simple trivial thing to find a solution to that they can and should put some time into this flaw and get it resolved. Its not that hard really from a concept point of view or a programming point of view depending on how the game is written.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 2 Mar 2007, 01:17   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax
Yeah thats what I figured. I remember in past rounds your fleet would have to be home before the roids get added to your total.
I have no idea why this isn't already implemented.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 10:54   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Out of interest, Arfy.

As the ticker ticks planet by planet (according to ID order), how do you think that putting off getting roids would solve it? If someone landed you on the tick your fleet returns with the roids, you'd still be in square one regarding the instance. There still has to be an either it marks down roids earlier or marks down roids later than when the landing is calculated, and this is probably bound to the user ID irregardless?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 12:47   #9
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

It seriously isn't hard to build up a list of gains / losses in roids per planet during the tick and process that array list at the very end of the tick after all battles have been fought. It would remove any positive or negative advantage from signing up order in terms of roid gains.

Incase PaTeam needs a hand:
+ would be when roiding a planet and - would be when the planet is being roided (this can even handle being roided and roiding another planet in the same tick! omg!)
roids[ planetid ][ metal ] = +/- <roids>
roids[ planetid ][ crystal ] = +/- <roids>
roids[ planetid ][ eonium ] = +/- <roids>
And then simply process the entire list of gains and losses at the end of the tick before (or while) calcing the new value/score of a planet.

Its a fairly small adjustment to the combat engine and ticker (as far as i can tell) and i don't see why it hasn't been implemented yet .
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 20:04   #10
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

This is already on another thread:

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193928
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 06:55   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
To be fair, you only posted that fabulous thread a day after the question was asked in this thread. .

Thankyou, by the way.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 17:13   #12
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

if they can warp home roids instantly, they should have the same option with ships, or at least the smaller ones (fi).

ofc that would be totally crap, so change it back to roids having to be towed back.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 20:28   #13
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

It could be done to store a variable of how many roids you gained in your battles this tick then add them after all roids are lost in battles at the very end of the tick if this is what PA team decides should be done...