User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 18:43   #251
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
pateam took a game that was built for individuals and turned it into a team game. It's not a teamgame. Teams don't compete directly with each other. Groups are fluid and change rapidly. This is essential to the nature of the game because the groups are not isolated. It is a case of a huge number of individual elements inside a number of overlapping sets. And the attempt is to isolate the sets. This won't work, it can't work, the elements won't be isolated because the nature of the game precludes it. The nature of the game is competition on a number of levels, the individual level - your planet, the forced group level - the galaxy, the chosen group level - the alliance. You can't separate them.
We'd have a half decent game if we let you loose on planetarion code for five minutes (no more).
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 18:44   #252
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Dude, even I knew it was sarcasm, heh, maybe you should try reading posts fully eh?
Did you just call him a Dumb Ass? IN BOLD?
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 18:45   #253
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
hehe einstein in da house
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 19:12   #254
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
His point is of the same kind of logical level as "were you looking at my wife well if you werent why werent you looking at her".
Right up there with the "I know I haven't been able to counter a single point anyone in this thread has asked of me so I'll claim to be the adult here and hope the moral high ground can keep me from being wrong."

Quote:
I mentioned 1up, immediately mazz and a few others come charging in on their internet browser steeds and start defending here there and everywhere. By the time the dust has settled noone even knows what they were defending.
No-one was defending anything beyond the implication of your original post. Not telling everyone that you admitted the orignal post might have been inflamatory and that you had considered rewriting it because of that?

Quote:
So he could happily send a mail, yet I doubt he even knows what his point is or was, except that somewhere along the line I was mean about 1up and needed to be told off.
Theres a difference between proving a point and correcting someone when they are wildly innacurate like you have been. JBG has managed to put accross, what I assume is, your original point in a reasonable and debateable manner whereas you have been unable to support anything you've said and have lowered yourself to acting like the injured kid who is being picked on by all the big bad boys in the upper school.

Quote:
This discussion has tailed off into mindless semi-abuse though. If mazz wants to reply he can, but it looks like he's realised it too (before I did).
Theres been no abuse at all, only your incessant trolling and feeble attempts to divert any sort of reasonable discussion by being some sort of moral crusader who is only doing this for the good of the community and to help those poor shit upon souls get a little respect while the big bad 1up get away with it.

That genuinely is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned unless you insist on trying to get some weak last word dig in again. In all truth the thread should be closed as it's going nowhere but juvenile point scoring now.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 19:15   #255
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some complete spastic
Double Standards 24 Jul 2006 18:34 "1up did ask if it was possible to have 100 out of tag covop planets working for us this round" <- yeah sure you did
The neg rep isn't the issue it's just the laughable statement of fact regarding a conversation you obviously weren't party to. If you'd care to correct me on the forum instead of being a spineless shit then I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 20:09   #256
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
That genuinely is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned unless you insist on trying to get some weak last word dig in again. In all truth the thread should be closed as it's going nowhere but juvenile point scoring now.
You honestly didn't think that as soon as the username "TomKat" was seen as topic creator? I find it rather amusing how negative and anti-1up he has become - but I'm sad to say I'm not too surprised at what I regard a lack of loyalty.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 20:32   #257
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mentioned 1up, immediately mazz and a few others come charging in on their internet browser steeds and start defending here there and everywhere. By the time the dust has settled noone even knows what they were defending.

Are you still playing this stupid game Tomkat?

Quote:
It seems like "one rule for 1up, one for everyone else" really
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 20:39   #258
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
You honestly didn't think that as soon as the username "TomKat" was seen as topic creator? I find it rather amusing how negative and anti-1up he has become - but I'm sad to say I'm not too surprised at what I regard a lack of loyalty.
If I'm so anti-1up then why did I apply to join you about 3 weeks ago? Eejits.

For once just please understand that just because it's a thread on AD and 1up was used as an example, it is not necessarily an attack on 1up. Everyone else who isn't 1up who has posted in the thread seems to have worked it out. It's just a few of you (all 1up, surprisingly enough) who think it is.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 21:07   #259
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
It's not as if someone gets rejected by someone or something and doesn't like them anymore is completely illogical.

You said you weren't anti-1up, then you say this immediately afterwards:
Quote:
For once just please understand that just because it's a thread on AD and 1up was used as an example, it is not necessarily an attack on 1up. Everyone else who isn't 1up who has posted in the thread seems to have worked it out. It's just a few of you (all 1up, surprisingly enough) who think it is.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 21:21   #260
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

There is a line were rough sex become rape and there is a line were legal planet activity becomes supportive. It can hardly be inconsistent unless the same actions is treated differently by MHs in any given round and I believe most ppl agree that inactive none interacting planets used to keep alliance score down is not 'as bad' as having an active group of coverop'ers actively targeting a single alliance.

The MHs simply decided that using inactive planets didn’t cross the line, but having a cover op team does (until they reopened them). I don’t necessarily agree with that decision but unless another alliance was told they couldn’t use inactives last round, it can hardly be called double standards.

And because of the generalness of the rule what might be allowed one round won’t necessarily be allowed next round. I assume that flexibility is why the rules as made so general.

The closest thing to inconsistency or double standards I can find in this thread is the fact that having a cover op team is actually legal despite the fact 1up command was told it wasn’t preround.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 21:25   #261
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Just an example...
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 21:50   #262
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
It's not as if someone gets rejected by someone or something and doesn't like them anymore is completely illogical.
I didn't get rejected from 1up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Just an example...
It does seem a bit like that.

Why are 1up allowed to have planets out of tag when ND weren't allowed to in the form of DLR, 2 rounds ago?
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 21:54   #263
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

A few good examples of sad red blobs I get for posting here

Double Standards 24 Jul 2006 21:03
Double Standards 24 Jul 2006 16:03 your arguements are poor, and you are annoying.
Double Standards 24 Jul 2006 10:20 being out of a tag is no guarantee. remember dlr?

As you see no nicks and 1 guy didn't even put any txt in it.

What a bunch of sad wank0rs,next time have the balls to sign it with your nick so I can reply.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 21:58   #264
Tomkat

I always sign my rep.

I've received more posrep than negrep for this thread, too (and all the negrep is from 1uppers anyway, the posrep is from all over the community as far as I can see)
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 21:59   #265
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Why are 1up allowed to have planets out of tag when ND weren't allowed to in the form of DLR, 2 rounds ago?
Surely you mean why were Ascendancy allowed them 2 rounds ago.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:01   #266
Tomkat

Quote:
Sure.

These inconsistencies make me so MAD!
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:05   #267
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I always sign my rep.

I've received more posrep than negrep for this thread, too (and all the negrep is from 1uppers anyway, the posrep is from all over the community as far as I can see)
And the rep system is by far the best way of confirming you're not talking out of your arse. Ironically I've only got 2 neg reps and 5 pos reps for this thread. Is that the irresistable force meeting the immovable object?

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:08   #268
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

No its a 1up circle jerk didnt you know!
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:09   #269
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Can some MOD pls make a rule about commenting on your rep remarks unless they directly contribute to the topic?

And can someone pls tell Tomkat that the 'everybody agrees with me because I say so and therefor I own' argument is a bit old?
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:11   #270
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Ascendancy didnt have support planets 2 rounds ago, get your facts straight. That would actually imply some kind of team work, where truth be told it was every man for himself and no defence was ever sent.
They were talking about planets out of tag kiddo!
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:12   #271
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Ascendancy didnt have support planets 2 rounds ago, get your facts straight. That would actually imply some kind of team work, where truth be told it was every man for himself and no defence was ever sent.
We weren't talking about support planets, we were talking about planets outside of the tag, specifically.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:23   #272
K-W
Bored

Quote:
First of all, DLR were allowed.

And the issue with DLR was based on the alliance limit. An alliance can only have one tag and the suspicions were that DLR and ND would work as one alliance under 2 tags allowing them to bypass the alliance limit. Im not intimately familiar with how the MH's sorted that situation, but I remember DLR continuing to exist, because it came out that it was only an issue with a specific DLR member, and that DLR as a whole was acting as an independent alliance.

So that has nothing to do with this discussion really as it was an entirely different situation than either late tagging or using out-of alliance planets for cov-opping.

Meanwhile you queston why 1up are allowed to tag up their members at a pace of their choosing when EVERY SINGLE ALLIANCE is allowed the same priveledge including exilition who also took thier time tagging up. Every alliance has had equal treatment regarding tagging up. There is no double standard there.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:26   #273
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

actualy we are talking about a double standerd
that translate in admin trouble
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 22:27   #274
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Meanwhile you queston why 1up are allowed to tag up their members at a pace of their choosing when EVERY SINGLE ALLIANCE is allowed the same priveledge including exilition who also took thier time tagging up. Every alliance has had equal treatment regarding tagging up. 1up are not getting away with something other alliances arent.

Apparently they were waiting for pending applications to go through and weren't adding thier members, who definately weren't attacking with them, in to the tag as they saw fit.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:13   #275
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
A little piece of me died inside when he did that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Can some MOD pls make a rule about commenting on your rep remarks unless they directly contribute to the topic?
The rule is that you don't comment on your rep remarks at all, since doing so is shit. However it's not a bannable offence, yet.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:20   #276
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How did any planet that joined the alliance late 'benefit' Ascendancy during the period they did not belong to an alliance?
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:22   #277
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

mazzelaar: Unless your going to open your mind up to the fact things arent black or white (or should i say pro 1up or attacking 1up) you should simple stop commenting on threads as you show yourself to be a complete fool. I mean you even quote in your sig JBG who says something that highlights the kind of detrimental poster you are on these forums yet you seem to act like its something to be proud off.And then people have the cheek to blame jolt or pateam for the games failings when we have people like yourself in the community.

TomKat didnt attack 1up, all he did was complain about an inconcistancy that exists in the rules and used 1up as an example because your the most obvious example at this time. If you take a moment to remove your rose tinted glasses you will clearly see that it looks highly likly that 1up have this round and last undertaken in using support planets. However the way of using support planets are such that they wont get closed. As such we have some kind's of out of tag support planets which are allowed to to get away with it and some kinds that are closed for it and thats an inconistancy.

Now 1up arent the only alliance breaking the support planet rule and going against the very nature of the alliance limit ( anyone whos used out of tag scanners for example is clearly going agaisnt the whole point of the limit and these planets are support planets, they just arent penilised) BUT your one of the biggest names so you will almost always be used as an example when people raise issues and its relivent and if you cant live with that then I suggest you stand down from your position. And if your going to stay in your position then stop making anything an attack on 1up, stop reveling in being such a hostile bastard and listen to what people are saying
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:23   #278
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
How did any planet that joined the alliance late 'benefit' Ascendancy during the period they did not belong to an alliance?
I agree entirely and this has been my argument all along with 1up having out of tag members.

However, the post you quoted wasn't about that. It was specifically relating to alliances having members out of tag only and I wasn't digging at Asc, merely pointing out to Tomkat that other alliances had done it prior to 1up while he was ranting about 1up "getting away with it".

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:26   #279
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I agree entirely and this has been my argument all along with 1up having out of tag members.

However, the post you quoted wasn't about that. It was specifically relating to alliances having members out of tag only and I wasn't digging at Asc, merely pointing out to Tomkat that other alliances had done it prior to 1up while he was ranting about 1up "getting away with it".
Ascendancy never had any planets out of tag. Those were all my multi planets who joined up once ascendancy recruited me.

And we got away with it too because we were the pesky kids \o/
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:29   #280
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Now 1up arent the only alliance breaking the support planet rule and going against the very nature of the alliance limit ( anyone whos used out of tag scanners for example is clearly going agaisnt the whole point of the limit and these planets are support planets, they just arent penilised) BUT your one of the biggest names so you will almost always be used as an example when people raise issues and its relivent and if you cant live with that then I suggest you stand down from your position. And if your going to stay in your position then stop making anything an attack on 1up, stop reveling in being such a hostile bastard and listen to what people are saying
Heh, the irony. The first part of your post agrees entirely with what I've been saying throughout this thread. The second part clearly shows you haven't read it all given that multiple people have show multiple times that Tomkat was highlighting 1up specifically and was, in fact, unwilling to provide other examples on request.

The majority of my posts pertaining to this thread have been about clearing up inaccurate statements.

I know you desperately, desperately want to make me out to be some sort of monster but it just isn't true. The majority of my posts, although quite vehement, are usually based on things I can prove and are written in a reasonably well structured fashion.

If you can show me a post of mine that doesn't entirely relate to something I've quoted then I'll be glad to explain why you're wrong. I quote and answer accordingly in every post. You might not like it but then thats hardly my concern.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:33   #281
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
And we got away with it too because we were the pesky kids \o/

You're clearly stealing my joke.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:34   #282
K-W
Bored

Quote:

TomKat didnt attack 1up, all he did was complain about an inconcistancy that exists in the rules and used 1up as an example because your the most obvious example at this time.
Bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat
Am I the only one who actually read the original post on this thread?

As far as 1up being a good example of support planets, that little fib has been well addressed.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:36   #283
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
And then people have the cheek to blame jolt or pateam for the games failings when we have people like yourself in the community.
That also made me 'lol'. Clearly I am responsible for the demise of the game. I apologise to one and all.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:40   #284
Treveler

Every self proclaimed protagonist needs an antagonist you know!
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:49   #285
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Heh, the irony. The first part of your post agrees entirely with what I've been saying throughout this thread. The second part clearly shows you haven't read it all given that multiple people have show multiple times that Tomkat was highlighting 1up specifically and was, in fact, unwilling to provide other examples on request.

The majority of my posts pertaining to this thread have been about clearing up inaccurate statements.

I know you desperately, desperately want to make me out to be some sort of monster but it just isn't true. The majority of my posts, although quite vehement, are usually based on things I can prove and are written in a reasonably well structured fashion.

If you can show me a post of mine that doesn't entirely relate to something I've quoted then I'll be glad to explain why you're wrong. I quote and answer accordingly in every post. You might not like it but then thats hardly my concern.
He doesnt have to provide other examples, he could post 50 examples or he could post 1 example and it doesnt make his point any less valid. 1up are abusing the rules and the nature of the limits and are being allowed to as for some strange reason their actions are the ones that are considered ok even though they are support planets. A support planet is a support planet, it gives an advantage that an alliance shouldnt be possible be it out of tag cov opers, scanners, def whores, additional members ect ect .

You are the one who;s trying to twist it into an mindless anti 1up rant just like you, angryduck and idler have tried to twist things I have said in the past into mindless anti 1up statements. Its like you just want a fight and if a thread doesnt have that ability your drag it off topic or twist words to start one just so you can feel all high and mighty when you pretty much 'bully' people into just agreeing as fighting a mob just isnt worth the hassle
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:51   #286
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm sorry. I was so wrong in assuming my alliance was being brought into disrespute when it was indicated as being 'favoured' within the rules more so than others in the original post of this very thread.

Perhaps I've got a weird seperate internet to you all - an internet run by 1up Command itself where we see obvious things the rest of you cretins can't - or perhaps you're all just a bunch of people who are arguing for the simple sake of arguing.

Tomkat referenced 1up in his initial post, he chose to bring 1up by name into the debate and since the reference puts that said alliance name into a light that I do not deem 'good', I take that as a sign of attack, through words and PR, against my alliance. If any of you want to debate that, then fine, go ahead, knock yourself out.

Posting against 1up is something I consider anti-1up and if you wish, you can switch 1up for Fury, and it's something I've done from day one on these boards - and been praised for.

Fact is simple really, it doesn't matter what anyone posts on these boards because everyone will believe what they want to believe.

This entire thing on support planets is eye roll-worthy. The rest of 1up should feel honoured, like me, that we're so worthy of attention that people have to try and exploit rules and find loopholes to beat us, rather than just meeting us one-on-one on the battlefield. Am I arrogant? Why yes, but bite me.

PS: "I got more pos rep than neg!" does not make you right. It makes you more 'popular' in saying what the masses want to hear.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:54   #287
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
That also made me 'lol'. Clearly I am responsible for the demise of the game. I apologise to one and all.
The community as a unit is as resonable as anyone for the games demise. Too many people on these forums continually moan about lack of players in the game but refuse to acknowledge the problems lower down in the game or the fact that their elitist attitudes both in game and on thes forums are a problem.

Perhaps if people like yourself werent so eager to roll out the trusted soundbites such as "If you cant keep members its your own fault" and actually tool a minute to look further down the rankings and saw the problems they faced and actually did something to help them and thus help the game by providing a healthy entry point this game would be a place where Jolt would be wise to spend advertising money. As it is they must roll around in laughter everytime one of you guys suggests throwing money at the game as who would spend money on this community that is so uninviting and unhelpful
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:56   #288
K-W
Bored

Quote:
He doesnt have to provide other examples, he could post 50 examples or he could post 1 example and it doesnt make his point any less valid. 1up are abusing the rules and the nature of the limits and are being allowed to as for some strange reason their actions are the ones that are considered ok even though they are support planets. A support planet is a support planet, it gives an advantage that an alliance shouldnt be possible be it out of tag cov opers, scanners, def whores, additional members ect ect .
So because 1up plays within the rules it is proof that they had the rules changed to fit what they do... brilliant Wakey.

Quote:
You are the one who;s trying to twist it into an mindless anti 1up rant just like you, angryduck and idler have tried to twist things I have said in the past into mindless anti 1up statements. Its like you just want a fight and if a thread doesnt have that ability your drag it off topic or twist words to start one just so you can feel all high and mighty when you pretty much 'bully' people into just agreeing as fighting a mob just isnt worth the hassle
Nobody has to twist anything, Tomkat said in clear english that this was about 1up being treated differently than other alliances. I quoted the exact sentance several times, but let me know if you need me to quote it again.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:59   #289
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
brown organic matter spraying from lips
For once wakey, wake up to the fact that 1up has been one of the top-level alliances that have been trying to help this game. You make it sound like we couldn't give a crap about the community just because we strive to be #1 in every round - when it's the opposite entirely. The fact you say that 1up is now abusing the rules is laughable.

Put up or shut up I think is the phrase.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:59   #290
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Every other tuesday I like to think that in an online browsergame forum far, far away, people might get their right hands chopped off for relentlessly talking about their alliance in the game discussions forum (not as well as, but instead of the game).

Half the content of this thread should never have met a keyboard.

PD YOU CAN DO BETTER.
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:00   #291
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
1up are abusing the rules and the nature of the limits
I believe you have become confused.
1up are accused of having abused the limits last round via accounts which were sitting there doing nothing- Something i might add which was pre-approved by the pateam of that round before it was done from what ive been able to gather.
exilition are accused of it this round via covert op planets which are out of tag - something which as far as i know was not pre-approved and actually causes quantifiable damage to targets; something that merely sitting in an tag to obfuscate score does not.

Quote:
You are the one who;s trying to twist it into an mindless anti 1up rant just like you, angryduck and idler have tried to twist things I have said in the past into mindless anti 1up statements.
Its like you just want a fight and if a thread doesnt have that ability your drag it off topic or twist words to start one just so you can feel all high and mighty when you pretty much 'bully' people into just agreeing as fighting a mob just isnt worth the hassle
It started off that way and hasnt really improved as the thread has went on. the wording of the original post, as well as it being in ad initially didnt help. You cant exactly blame *only* the 1up posters for it now and ignore the rest who contributed to it too.
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:00   #292
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
If you're able to define a support planet then you should definately be on the support team as this whole thread is about them being unable to do exactly that.

Answer me this:

1up checked out the whole strategy and had it passed and ok'd by PA team. How exactly are we abusing the rules?

Is it that we asked first rather than having our planets closed and then whining about it til they were reopened?
Is it that the out of tag planets have far fewer advantages than anyone with in tag planets?
Do you have any evidence whatsoever that 1up are circumventing alliance limits this round? For that matter, does Tomkat? Or is it that you ust fancy jumping on the bandwagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
No, I'm not twisting it into anything. I don't want a fight at all. A discussion based upon reasoning an fact would be nice but I don't see you pataking of too many of those either. Throughout this thread both Tomkat and yourself have avoided any sort of point thrown at you by yelling "bullies", "Pr squad" and "propoganda".

How about, just for once, you apply a little reasoning to one of your posts concerning 1up rather than saying anything, irrespective of fact/fiction, that may vilify me/1up a little more.

It's got nothing to do with feeling 'High and Mighty'. You'd be suprised how utterly depressing having to respond to drivel like this all day, is. I'd much rather be talking about soemething vaguely interesting and not go over the same boring crap round after round. However, I'm not going to sit back and let people base comments about my alliance on fiction and half truths. If you were prepared to do that then perhaps you're the one that should be standing down as you obviously don't have the interests of your alliance at heart.

As with Tomkat, I shan't be responding to any more of this waffle. If you can come up with an argument better than 'your bullies and you're picking on me' then I might give it the time of day.

Quote:
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:03   #293
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
I'm sorry. I was so wrong in assuming my alliance was being brought into disrespute when it was indicated as being 'favoured' within the rules more so than others in the original post of this very thread.

Perhaps I've got a weird seperate internet to you all - an internet run by 1up Command itself where we see obvious things the rest of you cretins can't - or perhaps you're all just a bunch of people who are arguing for the simple sake of arguing.

Tomkat referenced 1up in his initial post, he chose to bring 1up by name into the debate and since the reference puts that said alliance name into a light that I do not deem 'good', I take that as a sign of attack, through words and PR, against my alliance. If any of you want to debate that, then fine, go ahead, knock yourself out.

Posting against 1up is something I consider anti-1up and if you wish, you can switch 1up for Fury, and it's something I've done from day one on these boards - and been praised for.
So Zhil you and the rest of 1up dont want examples to problems provided if that example would be 1up BUT as a group your more than willing to neg rep me (and no doubt others) when we dont provide examples to back claims up. In such cases your also willing to throw the prove it demands around.

You cant have it both ways, either you happy to be used as examples when making points on issues or you dont want examples used at all. You cant however as an alliance demand examples to make points acceptable but only if its not 1up
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:05   #294
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
The community as a unit is as resonable as anyone for the games demise. Too many people on these forums continually moan about lack of players in the game but refuse to acknowledge the problems lower down in the game or the fact that their elitist attitudes both in game and on thes forums are a problem.

Perhaps if people like yourself werent so eager to roll out the trusted soundbites such as "If you cant keep members its your own fault" and actually tool a minute to look further down the rankings and saw the problems they faced and actually did something to help them and thus help the game by providing a healthy entry point this game would be a place where Jolt would be wise to spend advertising money. As it is they must roll around in laughter everytime one of you guys suggests throwing money at the game as who would spend money on this community that is so uninviting and unhelpful
I'm fairly sure I've never mentioned anything about you not beign able to keep players and how that might be your fault. I'm absolutely positive that I have never requested that Jolt 'throw money at he game'.

Your bitterness astounds me.

Quote:
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:07   #295
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Relentless
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:08   #296
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
So Zhil you and the rest of 1up dont want examples to problems provided if that example would be 1up BUT as a group your more than willing to neg rep me (and no doubt others) when we dont provide examples to back claims up. In such cases your also willing to throw the prove it demands around.

You cant have it both ways, either you happy to be used as examples when making points on issues or you dont want examples used at all. You cant however as an alliance demand examples to make points acceptable but only if its not 1up
What? Examples to what? Mazz has already responded to the actual issues underlining this all, I won't repeat him as frankly, it would make for a boring post in reply.

How does neg repping even really apply to the discussion itself? I heard you neg repped mazz, and I used a great thing called willpower to shrug my shoulders and just neg rep you also since (here's the kicker for you) - mazz is my friend. Oh gosh! If you want to get technical, feel free to look up my history of repping - I don't use it really. I find it ultimately pointless but considering it just takes a click to neg rep you, I thought to do that and then click on a porn link afterwards.

If you could provide a questionnaire for me where you just put all your questions in a bullet point form, it'd be appreciative.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:11   #297
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Relentless
Feel the Fury

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:12   #298
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Worthless BLURB that people have to try and exploit rules and find loopholes to beat us,

Kettle & Pot i would suggest.
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:13   #299
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
As little sense as this post actually makes I'll try and respond to it.

Initially Tomkat said that this thread wasn't about 1up and that it jut happened to be the first example he thought of. When challenged to provide another example he concended that there weren't any and this was a thread specific to 1up.

That nice and clear now?

Quote:
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:15   #300
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
How does neg repping even really apply to the discussion itself? I heard you neg repped mazz, and I used a great thing called willpower to shrug my shoulders and just neg rep you also since (here's the kicker for you) - mazz is my friend. Oh gosh! If you want to get technical, feel free to look up my history of repping - I don't use it really. I find it ultimately pointless but considering it just takes a click to neg rep you, I thought to do that and then click on a porn link afterwards.
While I know this doesn't add to the discussion, and is largely irrelevant, this post made me smile considering this

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
Closed Thread