User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 11:58   #201
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough
Re: Double Standards

if you read the above you will see that i am not going into who did what to who in this case
the whole system needs to be redone and restaffed!

there are some real bad suggestions floating around in PAteam atm and if released in PA we would have major multie problems.
thats why i think PA needs someone like phil back in charge
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:02   #202
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
True but not really relevant to my point.
Of course it is, you're talking about a specific situation that occured at a specific time. The statement I made is entirely releant to that specific situation.

Quote:
Of course it favoured 1up, that's the whole point of the "inconsistency". If it inconsistent it clearly implies that some form of action is allowed and some is forbidden when they both fall under the same rule. I'm not saying it's biased in your favour or anything, I'm just saying it favoured you.
I'm not sure I see what you mean by favoured. Yes we, according to the community but not PA team, "bent" the rules last round. No, no-one else tried the same tactic. No, no-one else was punished for doing the same thing. For there to be consistency in the application of the rules there has to be consistency in the action the rule is being applied to. If you're trying to say what constitues the intracacies of the rule itsself then yes, it's massively inconsistent. But thats the rule and not the application at fault. If someone had asked if they could have several small, inactive planets in tag and were permitted then that is consistant.

1up did ask if it was possible to have 100 out of tag covop planets working for us this round. We were told absolutely not. Is that consistent with the re-openings of this round?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:10   #203
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
The main difference however JBG is that 1up's extra idle members had an indirect on game mechanics, due to the fact it influenced a factor outside of them, i.e. politics, no-one targeted them because they were small. It never actually influenced anyone in the game, they didn’t attack anyone, or defend anyone, they just altered people's perception of 1up that round.

However these covert op planets have a direct effect, in the same way defence planets do. They are there to interact with specific planets, in one form or another.

So in all honesty its not a like for like comparison at all.
I see you didn't bother reading some of what I wrote in my extended reply. All actions have an effect on everyone. Firstly the game is one of relative scores. This can be most clearly seen by the fact that having if your alliance had a score of 380 million in round A it would be ridiculous for you to claim victory in round B where the top scoring alliance only had a score of 360 million. This is relative score, as opposed to objective score such as we would see in something like civilisation, where getting a 145% civilisation score means you did objectively better than someone who got a 130% score.

As such we have a scenario where separating out benefit/harm becomes silly. If alliance A attacks alliance B and alliance B attacks alliance A, alliance C benefits because they are not being targetted. There have been a number of posts recently on this topic on AD, by sid, lokken and myself, among others, at various points. You are quite right, all those planets did was alter people's perception of 1up through the game mechanics. However they did so through having more members "working" for their alliance than the alliance member limit would allow.

Obviously they are not perfectly comparable issues. That said, in the area with which we are concerned they are equitable. Two different violations of the same rule, one punished, one not.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:17   #204
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Of course it is, you're talking about a specific situation that occured at a specific time. The statement I made is entirely releant to that specific situation.
It's relevant to the situation but not to my point. It's also relevant to the situation that 1up won the round but not relevant to my point which concerns that fact that a particular rule was broken in different ways, one of which was punished and one of which was not.

Quote:
I'm not sure I see what you mean by favoured. Yes we, according to the community but not PA team, "bent" the rules last round. No, no-one else tried the same tactic. No, no-one else was punished for doing the same thing. For there to be consistency in the application of the rules there has to be consistency in the action the rule is being applied to.
This is not necessarily true. Consistency in the application of the rules merely means that the rule should be applied in all situations in which it is relevant. So if any action is taken which breaks the member limit of alliances then that action is prohibited by the rule. For the rule to be consistent all actions taken which break the member limit are prohibited by the rule. If all actions which break the member limit are not prohibited by the rule it is inconsistent.

Quote:
If you're trying to say what constitues the intracacies of the rule itsself then yes, it's massively inconsistent. But thats the rule and not the application at fault. If someone had asked if they could have several small, inactive planets in tag and were permitted then that is consistant.
We appear to be talking about different types of consistency. Reference above for clarification.

Quote:
1up did ask if it was possible to have 100 out of tag covop planets working for us this round. We were told absolutely not. Is that consistent with the re-openings of this round?
No.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:18   #205
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I see you didn't bother reading some of what I wrote in my extended reply. All actions have an effect on everyone. Firstly the game is one of relative scores. This can be most clearly seen by the fact that having if your alliance had a score of 380 million in round A it would be ridiculous for you to claim victory in round B where the top scoring alliance only had a score of 360 million. This is relative score, as opposed to objective score such as we would see in something like civilisation, where getting a 145% civilisation score means you did objectively better than someone who got a 130% score.
This has nothing at all to do with what i said.

Quote:
You are quite right, all those planets did was alter people's perception of 1up through the game mechanics. However they did so through having more members "working" for their alliance than the alliance member limit would allow.

Obviously they are not perfectly comparable issues. That said, in the area with which we are concerned they are equitable. Two different violations of the same rule, one punished, one not.
There is however a huge difference between them. 1ups worked due to poor intel from other alliances. EXil's covert planets would do their business regardless of what 1up or any other alliance did or knew.

A better example would of been the handling of DLR/ND.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:21   #206
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
For the rule to be consistent all actions taken which break the member limit are prohibited by the rule. If all actions which break the member limit are not prohibited by the rule it is inconsistent.
Is 1up the only alliance to have all its scanners within its tag? Surely 1up have grounds for inconsistancy against them if we are to go by this JBG.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:23   #207
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
This has nothing at all to do with what i said.
Actually it does. The point of relative score means there is no difference between actions which directly benefit someone and actions which indirectly benefit someone. Look at the case we are presented with. Exilition does not directly benefit from 1up planets being covert-opped. Claiming that they are exilition's planets doesn't make sense. Is any planet which attacks 1up working for exilition? This is my point I made about twenty posts ago when I said that attempting to define alliances as solely tags is an entirely unworkable effort due to the nature of alliances.

Quote:
There is however a huge difference between them. 1ups worked due to poor intel from other alliances. EXil's covert planets would do their business regardless of what 1up or any other alliance did or knew.

A better example would of been the handling of DLR/ND.
Yes there are huge differences between them as I acknowledged. However in the point I am making there is no difference. Two different violations of the same rule, one punished, one not.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:24   #208
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Is 1up the only alliance to have all its scanners within its tag? Surely 1up have grounds for inconsistancy against them if we are to go by this JBG.
Yes, as I stated before, back around post 100 I think, the existence of scan planets out of tag is also an inconsistency in this rule.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:39   #209
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Planets: 2276 @ tick 400.

What else is there to say about the current situation.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:48   #210
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Planets: 2276 @ tick 400.

What else is there to say about the current situation.
We really need to delete 939 planets?
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:52   #211
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
We really need to delete 939 planets?

well in all fairness we would be better off delating 2276 planets
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:58   #212
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well in all fairness we would be better off delating 2276 planets
If you feel like that nothing stands in your way of going to a admin asking him to delete your planet.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 12:59   #213
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
If you feel like that nothing stands in your way of going to a admin asking him to delete your planet.
Actually Ace, i asked that last round but was not allowed to.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:06   #214
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Actually Ace, i asked that last round but was not allowed to.
But that's because it you
All kidding aside I think it's possible to get removed by a admin if you realy want.
#multihunters
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:07   #215
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
all of it....
I was arguing against the implication that 1up got away with something that others hadn't by being "favoured". To this end there was consistency insofar as anyone else could have used exactly the same tactic. It just so happens that they didn't. As far as the lack of continuity in the rule, it's application and it's general shitness then I agree with you.

Apologies if I wasn't clear enough.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:09   #216
lilboi

lilboi is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, you guys have way too much time on your hands
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:26   #217
Benneton

Benneton will become famous soon enoughBenneton will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
The admins are playing a big part of PA and it's wrong! I don't want to live in this state of fear any longer.
So true mate, admins need to stop trying to control the game so much and let the community play properly once more!!
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:44   #218
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

The point is that the multihunter can't prove that a planet covert opping a specific alliance is a support planet for another specific alliance. The reasons a person might have for covert opping one single alliance can be strategic, or purely out of hate towards said alliance. No rule is being broken. The fact that another alliance benefits from one planet covert opping one alliance repeatedly is merely a side effect, but there is no way to make a case of "support planet" against him.
Now, if a planet out of tag scans for one specific alliance, it could be deemed a support planet. But such rule has never been enforced. Nobody closed an account for being out of tag and scanning for a specific alliance in the last rounds, and if you start applying it now, you should close all scanners out of tag. But to be fair, you should give a warning first and give time for the alliances to adapt to this change.
So what is the proof that a specific planet is a support planet? The fact that he scans for other people AND over xx % of his covert ops are targetted at one specific alliance? That would be restricting a planet to play a game according to what the multihunter wants, and not how he likes to play

Last edited by Gio2k; 24 Jul 2006 at 14:27.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:45   #219
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What PA needs is a development team who are experienced players at the highest level who know how the game works from top to bottom, who can put their personal interests aside and have some kind of commercial awareness.

The problem is finding them and probably doing something for nothing.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:50   #220
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
as for elviz, yup the ships were removed - a move which baffles me like i said earlier.
It isn't that difficult to understand. The PA Team looked at the evidence in question, decided from that evidence that elviz wasn't cheating but that the planet who sent him this little present of ships WAS (in terms of ship donations), so removed them.

I'm not sure what's happened to the other planet(s) in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
as insults go, thats a fairly poor one. so poor infact i dont even think it could be called an insult.
its simple observation - nothing more.

spend time on gd ( but for the love of god dont post or they'll crucify you ) and you'll see far better examples
Stop trolling. Without meaning to be rude Phil, I find it amazing, looking from your posts now, that you used to be PA Team

(especially with your insults to the PA Team just now saying they "have no backbone" and similar - christ, you sound like a reporter from The Sun)

In summary (I hope this thread, as messy as it's become) it seems that the PA Community would like:

1. Some sort of clarification on this "support planets rule". Something like "gives the alliance an unfair benefit" isn't quantifiable and is difficult to prove. People can weasel out of it by arguing. There needs to be concrete rules people can't argue with. It also lets us know where we stand - as these scanners/covoppers weren't expecting to be closed. If the rules are concrete we all know what is and isn't allowed.

2. A removal of the alliance page. I actually quite like checking it now and again to see how my alliance is doing alongside others. I can see how it is ruining some of the game though. Even keeping just a list of the alliances with their ranks, with everything else hidden, would have alliances trying to look weaker than they are. Maybe it would be better to revert back to how it was.

So - any response from PA Team on this...?
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 13:55   #221
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I was arguing against the implication that 1up got away with something that others hadn't by being "favoured". To this end there was consistency insofar as anyone else could have used exactly the same tactic.
I think it's more that 1up have a better grasp of the English language and reading through the rules than some of the other HC (due to them being foreign).

So before you try to twist a rule or find a loophole in it (using the small planets joining tag to keep score down as an example) you check the rules, ensure that you can work your way around the wording, and then put it to the team.

There's also the fact you check with the team beforehand to see if it's ok. I suspect that if you hadn't done that, and had implemented it without asking, we'd have seen them closed (and then perhaps reopened following investigation) for breaking the rules.

I don't think it's "favouritism" - that's silly. It's more that you have a good relationship with the PA Team and can argue your case better where there is any kind of ambiguity.

Which is why we need rules to be concrete and standard - so we all know where we stand. So there shouldn't be a need to argue with the MH/PATeam.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 14:02   #222
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
Well said. Instead of caving to the whiners, they should've told them to stop being babies.
Or alternatively, the planets being covert opped could build security centers and up their security...
Who's the baby i wonder
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 14:31   #223
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

I find HKs solution of allowing x military planets and y scan planets on an alliance, hardcoding the features allowed for each type is the more elegant solution to this 'problem'.
On the other side, this would mean that no player planet can't play alone anymore, making it quite impossible
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 14:44   #224
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

hardcodeing isnt the answer to the issue but its the daft mh's actings on the matters that is
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:03   #225
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think it's more that 1up have a better grasp of the English language and reading through the rules than some of the other HC (due to them being foreign).
You'd be hard pushed to find any alliance without a native English speaker who isn't more than competent when it comes to PA.

Quote:
So before you try to twist a rule or find a loophole in it (using the small planets joining tag to keep score down as an example) you check the rules, ensure that you can work your way around the wording, and then put it to the team.
Surely you mean find an enterprising solution using a perfectly valid tactic rather than "twisting a rule" or "finding a loophole". Remember what you conceded last night about how you word things. You're getting dangerously close now to just sounding like another 1up basher.

Quote:
There's also the fact you check with the team beforehand to see if it's ok. I suspect that if you hadn't done that, and had implemented it without asking, we'd have seen them closed (and then perhaps reopened following investigation) for breaking the rules.
How dare we make sure we're acting in the best interests of the game before following a strategy. You make it sound like this is a bad thing. I'm not sure what point your making here or what supposition this "fact" is supposed to support.

Quote:
I don't think it's "favouritism" - that's silly. It's more that you have a good relationship with the PA Team and can argue your case better where there is any kind of ambiguity.
Where is the ambiguity and relationship? You're trying to find something that isn't there:

Me: can we do X
PATeam: yes
Me: cool, just wanted to make sure

Thats as far as it went. No arguing, no clever wording and no ambiguity.

Quote:
Which is why we need rules to be concrete and standard - so we all know where we stand. So there shouldn't be a need to argue with the MH/PATeam.
Like I said. We asked a simple yes/no question and got an answer in return. You won't find any preferential treatment, clever wording or conspiricy anywhere near this mate. What you will find is an alliance thinking outside the box and behaving in a proper fashion with respect to the game and the rules.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:05   #226
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I saw the newscan myself, and well, I dont think 400 spiders steal any roids..
Funny story about 400 spiders. Somone sent 800 spiders to attack me(Im zik) with no pods etc. They were part of a teamup and raped our def. Same case as elviz, different result. Your argument sucks.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:10   #227
Tomkat

Quote:
Surely you mean find an enterprising solution using a perfectly valid tactic rather than "twisting a rule" or "finding a loophole". Remember what you conceded last night about how you word things. You're getting dangerously close now to just sounding like another 1up basher.
And you sound like you're aching to find arguments about 1up where there aren't any. Wow I'm sorry for not using wording that puts 1up in the best possible light at all times mazz. I'll make sure to do it in future!

Quote:
How dare we make sure we're acting in the best interests of the game before following a strategy. You make it sound like this is a bad thing. I'm not sure what point your making here or what supposition this "fact" is supposed to support.
You really do like arguing for the sake of arguing, don't you? My post wasn't an argumentative or accusatory post yet you seem to want to make it into one.

You really need to calm down, dear.

Quote:
Like I said. We asked a simple yes/no question and got an answer in return. You won't find any preferential treatment, clever wording or conspiricy anywhere near this mate. What you will find is an alliance thinking outside the box and behaving in a proper fashion with respect to the game and the rules.
So you're disagreeing with me and think it's better for the rules to be a little bit ambiguous and for alliances to find ways around them*? That doesn't sound very honourable

* sorry i meant an enterprising solution to give yourselves an advantage of course obeying all rules and by the way you go to church every sunday and have tea with your grandma once a week too and help out at homeless shelters and in no way are twisting rules etc etc
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:10   #228
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Funny story about 400 spiders. Somone sent 800 spiders to attack me(Im zik) with no pods etc. They were part of a teamup and raped our def. Same case as elviz, different result. Your argument sucks.
Isn't that escorting and illegal?

Actually there's no mention of escorting in the EULA. I guess people just stopped doing it because it was so gay. Huzzah!
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:11   #229
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
I think the only logical conclusion we can draw from this is that people who play Cathaar are retarded and don't use pods, but seem to be drawn to attacking Zikonians like moths to the lightbulb
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:15   #230
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I think the only logical conclusion we can draw from this is that people who play Cathaar are retarded and don't use pods, but seem to be drawn to attacking Zikonians like moths to the lightbulb
I'd agree with the retarded cathaar bit. A couple of days ago I did my thing and launched blind on 3 random terran planets in the same gal. The one I sent my real fleet too got cathaar defence which I stole. If he had not gotten defence the only thing lost would have been roids, he hadn't even built any cr or de I could steal. I sent a giant series of question marks to the planets who defended my target ingame but no reply yet
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:18   #231
Tomkat

Quote:
I'd agree with the retarded cathaar bit. A couple of days ago I did my thing and launched blind on 3 random terran planets in the same gal. The one I sent my real fleet too got cathaar defence which I stole. If he had not gotten defence the only thing lost would have been roids, he hadn't even built any cr or de I could steal. I sent a giant series of question marks to the planets who defended my target ingame but no reply yet
It's official: people who play Cathaar are dense!

You heard it here first people!

(except for the caths who are probably still working their way through the 2nd page of this thread, following the words with their fingers and silently mouthing each word to work out what it says)
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:45   #232
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

it might just be me, but

what happend to the old game consept
here you have a planet that has roids for resources
use those resources to build ships
use those ships to get more roids
ANY WAY YOU CAN!!

yes it was more unbalanced
it also was a lot more fun
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 15:50   #233
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

that is still what most planets do ...

and the people that do more, do better (edit: generally)
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:02   #234
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
And you sound like you're aching to find arguments about 1up where there aren't any. Wow I'm sorry for not using wording that puts 1up in the best possible light at all times mazz. I'll make sure to do it in future!
No need, just stop trying to paint us in the worst possible light. I wasn't arguing merely correcting you.

Quote:
You really do like arguing for the sake of arguing, don't you? My post wasn't an argumentative or accusatory post yet you seem to want to make it into one.

You really need to calm down, dear.
I'm perfectly calm. I was merely wondering what the point you were making was. You stated it as fact in a manner that implied it supported something. I was merely questioning, "what"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat
So you're disagreeing with me and think it's better for the rules to be a little bit ambiguous and for alliances to find ways around them*? That doesn't sound very honourable
I questioned the basis of your statement that we "argued and ambiguous point". I pointed out that there was no arguing and no ambiguity; only a yes/no question that any person in PA could have asked. How PA team decide to word rules is thier problem. You are trying to find impropriety in a situation where there was none. We saw a potential problem, questioned the relevant contact with regards to this and got an implicit answer in return. You were making an aspertion as to the sitation and how it worked out at the time, I'm telling how it was.

Quote:
* sorry i meant an enterprising solution to give yourselves an advantage of course obeying all rules and by the way you go to church every sunday and have tea with your grandma once a week too and help out at homeless shelters and in no way are twisting rules etc etc
Now you're just being a common troll.

When you have an adult reply to any point I make instead of trying to use sarcasm as a tool of masquerading pathetically weak points then I'll grace you with another reply. Until then I'm done with you.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:02   #235
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like ppl who play cat are just to into the habit of farming ships off to ziks.
Delete all cats there dodgy.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:10   #236
xontas

mazzelaar, might be good to send te guy a mail, WE all get your point now
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:15   #237
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
Like I said, I'm done replying to trolls so consider my input on the matter complete

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:37   #238
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Stop trolling.
Read the post again and work out WHICH one i was actually pointing out wasnt an insult.
got it? - yup i was pointing out that mazz's post couldnt be considered an insult.
In fairness i should probably have quoted them both instead of just the one made by kargool so i can see how you got confused.
It isnt , however trolling by a long stretch of the imagination.
Quote:
Without meaning to be rude Phil, I find it amazing, looking from your posts now, that you used to be PA Team

(especially with your insults to the PA Team just now saying they "have no backbone" and similar - christ, you sound like a reporter from The Sun)
meant or not, you are being, and to be blunt it does look almost intentional.
Remember it was you who started this thread, with all its inflammatory goodness in the one place which was likely to explode to its prescence before it was moved to PD.
You arent stupid enough to do it by accident, therefore posting it in AD was purposeful.
You were the one who specifically worded it to sound accusational in a 'holier then thou' way, you cant complain when people rise up and challenge it. Neither can you complain when 1up had a go at you since you singled them out and refused to provide another example since the 1up one was the first which came off the top of your head.

You are equally to blame as the rest of the posters here for how this thread has turned out - stop trying to claim the moral high ground on it.

As for the backbone comments - are you saying that people arent allowed to voice their opinions now?
Those are mine, like it or not. The actions of pateam have pretty much decided them all on their own.
Dont forget for the longest time i actually defended them from the raging hoards on these forums, regardless of how silly they were being purely because i knew what it was like in that position. There is a finite limit to how far anyone can defend their actions - and with these recent debacles that line has been crossed for me.

Quote:
In summary (I hope this thread, as messy as it's become) it seems that the PA Community would like:

1. Some sort of clarification on this "support planets rule". Something like "gives the alliance an unfair benefit" isn't quantifiable and is difficult to prove. People can weasel out of it by arguing. There needs to be concrete rules people can't argue with. It also lets us know where we stand - as these scanners/covoppers weren't expecting to be closed. If the rules are concrete we all know what is and isn't allowed.
Yes, and any rules need to eliminate loopholes and ambiguity since its only a matter of time before someone tries to bend them.
a list of what is permitted might actually be easier - a whitelist solution instead of a blacklist solution since it would eliminate any possible future abuses. - aint on the list , it aint allowed.
Quote:
2. A removal of the alliance page. I actually quite like checking it now and again to see how my alliance is doing alongside others. I can see how it is ruining some of the game though. Even keeping just a list of the alliances with their ranks, with everything else hidden, would have alliances trying to look weaker than they are. Maybe it would be better to revert back to how it was.

So - any response from PA Team on this...?
Agreed, lokkens suggestion was a rather good one. However it would probably be more fruitful to put those suggestions in their own thread on the suggestions forum. I know i wouldnt like to dig my way through this thread to find them
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:42   #239
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Isn't that escorting and illegal?

Actually there's no mention of escorting in the EULA. I guess people just stopped doing it because it was so gay. Huzzah!
Actually, according to MH it IS illegal. However, I couldnt be assed to pursue it...as it was only about 40k value which I promptly stole back on the next wave. I have my doubts about the validity of the planet attacking though anyway:
700 beetles
100 mos
800 spiders

wicked fleet!
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:45   #240
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Actually, according to MH it IS illegal. However, I couldnt be assed to pursue it...as it was only about 40k value which I promptly stole back on the next wave. I have my doubts about the validity of the planet attacking though anyway:
700 beetles
100 mos
800 spiders

wicked fleet!
Ideal for hitting xans apart from the fact they wouldn't steal too many roids.

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 16:46   #241
xontas

but its true
PAteam atm has no backbone to speak of
nagging shoudnt help when closed
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 17:03   #242
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
out of genuine curiosity, is this actually meant to be "hear hear" or "here here", i've seen both posted on various forums and i demand clarification!
Quote:
You utter bastard. I was hoping that someone would either correct me or agree with me because I have actually no idea myself. I'm sure the spelling doesn't matter that much as the sentiment still gets through. Thanks for being no use whatsoever
It's hear hear. It's a shortened form from back in the olden days when they would start off an important speech or discussion before a crowd. 'Hear ye Hear ye, the honorable so and so is here to say something and he's utterly brilliant so pay attention and learn something.' It also means you're agreeing with someone.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 17:06   #243
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

But a mh should not close a planet arbitrarily according to his interpretation of a rule, without solid proof. Which is the case. Said planets should not have been closed in the first place.
And i agree to the no backbone comment, but for the reason that they caved in to the pressure of the people being cov-opped to find a way to close the cov-oppers for cheating.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 17:07   #244
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the post above this is brilliant on at least 4 different levels considering various contexts and the thread at hand

edit: i meant fiery's post, not gio2k's.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 17:08   #245
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
It's hear hear. It's a shortened form from back in the olden days when they would start off an important speech or discussion before a crowd. 'Hear ye Hear ye, the honorable so and so is here to say something and he's utterly brilliant so pay attention and learn something.' It also means you're agreeing with someone.
Thank you

Quote:
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 17:14   #246
xontas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
But a mh should not close a planet arbitrarily according to his interpretation of a rule, without solid proof. Which is the case. Said planets should not have been closed in the first place.
And i agree to the no backbone comment, but for the reason that they caved in to the pressure of the people being cov-opped to find a way to close the cov-oppers for cheating.
thats not the admins fault
the head MH should have clear guidelines and within those guidelines the MH gets to make the call
in this case the rule is unclear and there are no guidelines setout
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 17:22   #247
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
but its true
PAteam atm has no backbone to speak of
nagging shoudnt help when closed
Are you not the same xontas whom while you were head MH reopened an F-Crew HC member's account after an account sharing incedent even though he admitted to having messed up and said he should be closed and remained closed.

Hey were you also not the same xontas whom was arguing with me over this case the very reason why he should have been allowed to basically get away with cheating while I was demanding he was deleted.

And I know for a fact this wasnt an isolated case as you admitted that you reopened as many as you could. So claiming PATeam now has no backbone is hypocritical as a jellyfish has more backbone that you had in the role
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 17:23   #248
Tomkat

Quote:
His point is of the same kind of logical level as "were you looking at my wife well if you werent why werent you looking at her".

I mentioned 1up, immediately mazz and a few others come charging in on their internet browser steeds and start defending here there and everywhere. By the time the dust has settled noone even knows what they were defending.

So he could happily send a mail, yet I doubt he even knows what his point is or was, except that somewhere along the line I was mean about 1up and needed to be told off.

This discussion has tailed off into mindless semi-abuse though. If mazz wants to reply he can, but it looks like he's realised it too (before I did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
the post above this is brilliant on at least 4 different levels considering various contexts and the thread at hand

edit: i meant fiery's post, not gio2k's.
Because I am brilliant and you should all listen to what I said?

HEAR HERE!
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 17:28   #249
xontas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Are you not the same xontas whom while you were head MH reopened an F-Crew HC member's account after an account sharing incedent even though he admitted to having messed up and said he should be closed and remained closed.

Hey were you also not the same xontas whom was arguing with me over this case the very reason why he should have been allowed to basically get away with cheating while I was demanding he was deleted.

And I know for a fact this wasnt an isolated case as you admitted that you reopened as many as you could. So claiming PATeam now has no backbone is hypocritical as a jellyfish has more backbone that you had in the role
yes, i am the one you always feel the need to disagree with
(at that time other parts of PAteam forced me to give people a second change and as i said i dont look at alliances and positions so he got the same as a noob on a first offence)
(also got on my watchlist and took a hit in ships)
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 18:25   #250
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
We don't have proper [sarcasm] tags here, so seeing you post one thing and then finding out you meant another can be a bit of a suprise!
Dude, even I knew it was sarcasm, heh, maybe you should try reading posts fully eh?
Closed Thread